BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,951 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ok I'm going to jump in: what business would folks LIKE to see us get this new year? What do we need that didn't come in the previous recent years?

Alamo draft house is always my 1st answer.

I'd also like to see braums, but it'll never happen.
aggieparent
I saw an article that said Wayback Burgers is coming to College Station this Spring. I confirmed it on their website, but it didn't list the location,other than College Station. Does anyone here know?
WildlifeAg02
I think it was mentioned in the 2015 thread about Wayback Burgers- in the area of the Jack in the Box on Texas in CS- where the work is being done on the old hotel? (College Station Inn, mayhaps?)
PS3D
quote:
Ok I'm going to jump in: what business would folks LIKE to see us get this new year? What do we need that didn't come in the previous recent years?

With Village Foods winding down business and Albertsons down for the count, I'd like to see a full-line REAL supermarket, preferably where near I live. I've heard rumors, as Kroger and HEB have had eyes on new locations, but nothing concrete yet. Maybe a new player...is Randalls' new owner expanding the chain again yet?
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Can't wait for Studio Movie Grill. If it's anything like a similar chain (NOT Alamo) in Austin where I saw Star Wars a couple of weeks ago, you'll never go to the movies the same way again!

Leather reclining seats, meal tray that folds over your lap. Menu was steaks, wings, seafood, lots of wine, beer and booze - - all available via push-button on the arm of your chair.

Bottomless popcorn, soft drinks and icees.

You get the jist....

Are you talking about IPic? No way one of those ever comes to BCS.
Broncos
Top Golf

Won't happen but we can dream.
K2T2
quote:
A modern vegetarian restaurant...I'm dyin' over here!

And an HEB or higher end market over by the Target in Bryan, a nice kitchen store like Sur La Table, a decent place for adult females to get high quality, modern clothing that's not matronly or sexy work clothes, and a furniture resale shop that specializes in mid-century modern pieces. Oh, and a record store!

Just like everyone else here, right?!
F. Fletch
AG
I heard a Brazilian Steak House has purchased land in the Tower Point area - south CS
aggiemike02
AG
nm
mgreen
Carrabba's
aggiemike02
AG
quote:

Bourbon & BBQ will be opening in Downtown Bryan over next to the Queen
this will actually be called "All the King's Men"
jja79
AG
Think one of those could work? $60/person or more seems like it would take a lot of population to support.
Sailor
Here at Bush's now. Should be great.
SquatinBull
AG
quote:

"Another Broken egg" on the south side of town. Not enough places to sit and have a nice breakfast.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Carrabba's
We have plenty of Carrabba's in B/CS.
RGRAg1/75
AG
If they want to attract higher end anything in Tower Point, bury the freakin utilities already!!!

The south side of Fitch looks like a damn spider web, especially since it sits lower than the north side.

The design of that development makes me shake my head everytime I drive by it. So haphazard.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Oh, and there's a sign up at the corner of Barron cut off and WD Fitch. Northwest corner. Says City View or something similar. Looks like more apartments.
PS3D
Looks like offices, actually

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/ColinKillian/cityview-southwest-rezoning
wendyb
Dunkin donut / baskin Robbins combo store

Mi Cocina !!!!!
Tariny
quote:
quote:

"Another Broken egg" on the south side of town. Not enough places to sit and have a nice breakfast.
I'd like to see Huddle House come to B/CS. We went to one in Cedar Creek, TX and it was wonderful. It's kinda like Waffle House, only I like it a lot better. We are in serious need of more sit down breakfast places here.

*sighs* one can dream....
techno-ag
AG
Maybe a new thread could be started about what we'd like to see. Let's reserve this one for comings and goings.
MiMi
S
quote:
Maybe a new thread could be started about what we'd like to see. Let's reserve this one for comings and goings.
Agreed. It's going to get very confusing if this becomes a wish list thread too.
Rockdoc
AG
Agreed. Please don't do this
mAgnoliAg
AG
I've been out of town since finals. Boulevard 217 is closed?
ThunderCatsHOOOO!
A reliable source is saying H&M is coming to Post Oak.
Kate Beckett
AG
quote:

WHATTTTTTY
Fonzie Scheme
AG
What, or who, is H&M?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
What, or who, is H&M?
Clothing store.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%26M
jks08
AG
Soo where the substation is? You're asking BTU to move the transmission lines underground?
CrazyAgE
quote:
quote:

And an HEB or higher end market over by the Target in Bryan, a nice kitchen store like Sur La Table, a decent place for adult females to get high quality, modern clothing that's not matronly or sexy work clothes, and a furniture resale shop that specializes in mid-century modern pieces. Oh, and a record store!

There is an HEB just about 2 miles up from the Bryan Target. Why would they put another right there??
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
Soo where the substation is? You're asking BTU to move the transmission lines underground?

I'm no expert in this area, but I do know we can reduce the amount of power lines cross crossing the entire area. The transmission lines aren't the only utilities above ground up there.
Goose83
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is an HEB just about 2 miles up from the Bryan Target. Why would they put another right there??

He was talking about something higher end, more in the vein of a Central Market, than the 3rd world store that the one at the Tejas Center has evolved into.
WildlifeAg02
And getting from the Bryan Target to the Tejas Center HEB is a royal PITA. I live near the Bryan Target- and travel to the HEB in south CS to avoid the traffic snarls along Briarcrest and Villa Maria. Though, I generally only shop at Kroger on Boonville, as it is closest.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:

I've heard the same from a reliable source.
Kate Beckett
AG
If H&M comes to Post Oak I'll be poor all the time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.