Astros = CHEATERS

156,407 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Quote:

Ooooo someone is taking the recent losses hard. At least you have your "We finished 2nd and got a pennant!!!" copium.
you don't think winning a pennant is good? I'm thrilled with the astros season, one of the best of my lifetime. Your position is anything other than the WS is a bad season fans shouldnt be satisfied with? It seems like your opinions on baseball can be easily dismissed.
Sorry. I read on this very board for years Astros fans telling Rangers fans that WINNING a WS is all that matters in your little pillow fight with them. My bad.
03_Aggie
Aggies2009 said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Quote:

Ooooo someone is taking the recent losses hard. At least you have your "We finished 2nd and got a pennant!!!" copium.
you don't think winning a pennant is good? I'm thrilled with the astros season, one of the best of my lifetime. Your position is anything other than the WS is a bad season fans shouldnt be satisfied with? It seems like your opinions on baseball can be easily dismissed.
Sorry. I read on this very board for years Astros fans telling Rangers fans that WINNING a WS is all that matters in your little pillow fight with them. My bad.

Your devotion to all things astros probably exceeds a lot of their hometown fans. Congrats on that.
Aggies2009
AG
Reading an awesome book right now. Super interesting, lots of really good stuff, even some that had never come out before.

https://www.amazon.com/Cheated-Scandal-Colorful-History-Stealing-ebook/dp/B08HY2YXS7
tjack16
AG
It's cool to see an unbiased writer from New York who covers the Yankees talk about the Astros cheating.
Aggies2009
AG
tjack16 said:

It's cool to see an unbiased writer from New York who covers the Yankees talk about the Astros cheating.
It's pretty fair so far, talking about all the sign-stealing over the years. Interesting stuff.
cc10106
So it covers the cheating via electronic sign stealing by the Yankees then as well, right?
Aggies2009
AG
cc10106 said:

So it covers the cheating via electronic sign stealing by the Yankees then as well, right?

Yep. And Giants and Red Sox and Philadelphia Athletics and others. I love the whataboutism
GrapevineAg
AG
I finished that book a couple weeks ago. Thought it was a pretty fair assessment of what different clubs were doing, and how the Astros pushed it a bit further. What I hadn't heard before was how they basically provided Dodgers pitchers with less-scuffed baseballs than their own pitchers (at home).
WSCTR
Bassmaster
AG
Game 3
5-3 Astros

Game 4
6-2 Dodgers

Game 5
13-12 Astros

3 game total:
Dodgers 21
Astros 20

Not buying it.
GrapevineAg
AG
Just because it didn't work well doesn't mean they didn't do it
WSCTR
TarponChaser
GrapevineAg said:

I finished that book a couple weeks ago. Thought it was a pretty fair assessment of what different clubs were doing, and how the Astros pushed it a bit further. What I hadn't heard before was how they basically provided Dodgers pitchers with less-scuffed baseballs than their own pitchers (at home).

That's pretty impossible to pull off. The umpires inspect all the balls and the pitchers have virtually unlimited ability to discard ball they don't like.
Aggies2009
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Can't wait to read books about the sticky stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.