Astros = CHEATERS

156,379 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flexbone said:

braided belt wearing Ranger fans

I don't even know what this is, but it made me laugh.
Danny Vermin
The fact that you still defend that pos organization over and over shows what kind pos person you are IRL.

As for flexbone, we all know that the former R. Wilson, among 100 other usernames, is a pos .
Mike Elko
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

"the MLB is being unfair to the astros" is an awesome take
Exactly. The Astros are the victim here.
I don't think so. We won in 2017, lost game 7 of WS in 2019, and are among the favorites to win again. If that's being a 'victim,' the rest of the league should be so lucky.
Sooo, one WS title that's forever tainted (and should be vacated) because the entire organization willingly cheated? Cool, congrats... Nothing else in that ramble matters, minus the Game 7 choke, I suppose.
Flexbone
Danny Vermin said:

The fact that you still defend that pos organization over and over shows what kind pos person you are IRL.

As for flexbone, we all know that the former R. Wilson, among 100 other usernames, is a pos .
I am? Wow. I bet people in the world I live in....called "reality" would be surprised to hear that.

Yes, what people post on this forum is a DIRECT REFLECTION of who they are in real life. I'm sure you'd say what you just said to me directly, in person. I'd love to see that. I'd also love to see you elaborate for all the onlookers as to WHY that's the case. I wonder how long it would take you to realize that everyone staring at you is doing so because you're a completely detached lunatic.
Flexbone
AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

I don't think so. We won in 2017, lost game 7 of WS in 2019, and are among the favorites to win again. If that's being a 'victim,' the rest of the league should be so lucky.
Sooo, one WS title that's forever tainted (and should be vacated) because the entire organization willingly cheated? Cool, congrats... Nothing else in that ramble matters, minus the Game 7 choke, I suppose.
Why should it be vacated?
SquirrellyDan
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

It's nice that you think Astros so good, the only way to lose is to choke game 7. Nats played a hell of a series and deserved to win.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Geez. A bit touchy, aren't we? How's that supposed to make me feel, IRL?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Flexbone said:

AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

Why do you care whether or not it should be vacated? I thought people who liked/cared/followed pro sports are mouth-breathing lemmings who deserve to die.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG

Flexbone
Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

Why do you care whether or not it should be vacated? I thought people who liked/cared/followed pro sports are mouth-breathing lemmings who deserve to die.
That's not what I said. I said people that are camped out on a thread like this from a "rival" team because they want SOOO BADDDDDLY for the title of the team they're so jealous of to "not count" are party to one of the most pathetic things anyone can do. Caring at all isn't the problem. Do I need to distinguish these things for you? You always seem to be a bit slow grasping things. Are you still arguing about how great Kyler Murray was against Alabama, and that anyone who disagrees (read: anyone who knows a ****ing thing about football) only does so because they hate him?
coconutED
AG
A tainted title is still a title.
DannyDuberstein
AG
just ask the rockets
Flexbone
DannyDuberstein said:

just ask the rockets
Now we see this moron's true colors. The Rockets' titles "don't count" either because "Jordan wasn't playing."

Except he was. He lost to Orlando in the Eastern Conference Semifinals in 1995...who the Rockets swept.

He NEEDS this to reconcile that "his" Mavs..who are an absolutely terrible franchise...only have 1 title.

Almost 50, and this is what you're doing. Wow.
DannyDuberstein
AG
you can't help but lick my taint clean after i **** on your teams. that certainly got the reaction i was expecting, and quickly
irish pete ag06
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Hello, Daniel Rat. I was really hoping to make a nice $100 off your Astros Derangement Syndrome. Care to put some money on your claim that the Rangers will have a better record?

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3089664/replies/55840233#55840233
Ervin Burrell
AG
Flexbone said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

That's not what I said. I said people that are camped out on a thread like this from a "rival" team because they want SOOO BADDDDDLY for the title of the team they're so jealous of to "not count" are party to one of the most pathetic things anyone can do. Caring at all isn't the problem. Do I need to distinguish these things for you? You always seem to be a bit slow grasping things. Are you still arguing about how great Kyler Murray was against Alabama, and that anyone who disagrees (read: anyone who knows a ****ing thing about football) only does so because they hate him?
It's not just "rival" teams - in case you hadn't noticed, the entire baseball world (if not sports world) is talking about the scandal so shocker, posters on a message board devoted to MLB are talking about it too (gasp!). Many here aren't claiming that the title should be stripped (myself included) they're merely laughing at Astros fans justifying the cheating and at comments such as "knowing whether the pitch will be a breaking ball or fastball isn't that beneficial."

As for the Kyler deflection, I'll bite. I'll gladly accept any comment I've made that said he played well against Alabama, if you can provide a link. Pretty sure all I've ever maintained on him is that our idiot fanbase kept wishing/hoping he'd fail due to sour grapes and all he's done is prove them wrong every step of the way. You're right though, the Heisman winner, #1 overall pick, and NFL RotY is a f'ing scrub and I'm glad he transferred. We were MUCH better off with the likes of Jake Hubenak, Trevor Knight, and Kellen Mond.
Slamn Sharpe
Now Lebron weighs in on the cheating scandal
03_Aggie
Ervin Burrell said:

]It's not just "rival" teams - in case you hadn't noticed, the entire baseball world (if not sports world) is talking about the scandal so shocker, posters on a message board devoted to MLB are talking about it too (gasp!). Many here aren't claiming that the title should be stripped (myself included) they're merely laughing at Astros fans justifying the cheating and at comments such as "knowing whether the pitch will be a breaking ball or fastball isn't that beneficial."

This board is dominated by two fan bases* and even between those two one is more dominant than the other (just like on the field). As it relates to this board it is all driven by this

vs this

* acknowledging that little cardinal fan that would just be posting to himself if it wasn't for this topic.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Whoever had the Lakers in today's "a player from what team ****s on houston today?" contest gets bonus points
Flexbone
Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

It's not just "rival" teams - in case you hadn't noticed, the entire baseball world (if not sports world) is talking about the scandal so shocker, posters on a message board devoted to MLB are talking about it too (gasp!). Many here aren't claiming that the title should be stripped (myself included) they're merely laughing at Astros fans justifying the cheating and at comments such as "knowing whether the pitch will be a breaking ball or fastball isn't that beneficial."

As for the Kyler deflection, I'll bite. I'll gladly accept any comment I've made that said he played well against Alabama, if you can provide a link. Pretty sure all I've ever maintained on him is that our idiot fanbase kept wishing/hoping he'd fail due to sour grapes and all he's done is prove them wrong every step of the way. You're right though, the Heisman winner, #1 overall pick, and NFL RotY is a f'ing scrub and I'm glad he transferred. We were MUCH better off with the likes of Jake Hubenak, Trevor Knight, and Kellen Mond.

Yes, you did. I'm not going to go hunting for links to prove some tool on the internet wrong. You've claimed everyone who doesn't think he would have done very well with us had he stayed to be idiots, even though he sucked when he was with us and sucked every time he played anyone with a pulse. He played against...by a mile..the worst defensive talent in college football when he was racking up his stats. He was picked #1 because Kliff Kingsbury of all people happened to slide into that team's head coaching role.

You just like to be a contrarian and a jackass to anyone who believes that his numbers are puffed up by terrible competition, which they are. Jalen Hurts did things against those same defenses that he didn't have a prayer of doing against the teams we play.
Flexbone
DannyDuberstein said:

Whoever had the Lakers in today's "a player from what team ****s on houston today?" contest gets bonus points

We can play this game when the season starts. The answer to "who **** on the Rangers today" will be, in true Jeopardy fashion "Who'd they play?"

So bitter. So jealous.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Flexbone said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

Yes, you did. I'm not going to go hunting for links to prove some tool on the internet wrong. You've claimed everyone who doesn't think he would have done very well with us had he stayed to be idiots, even though he sucked when he was with us and sucked every time he played anyone with a pulse. He played against...by a mile..the worst defensive talent in college football when he was racking up his stats. He was picked #1 because Kliff Kingsbury of all people happened to slide into that team's head coaching role.

You just like to be a contrarian and a jackass to anyone who believes that his numbers are puffed up by terrible competition, which they are. Jalen Hurts did things against those same defenses that he didn't have a prayer of doing against the teams we play.

No, I didn't. You made the claim, now back it up. You are making the charge, thus the burden of proof is on you. I figured a badass attorney like you would understand that.
1208HawkTree
AG
ORAggieFan said:

MelvinUdall said:

ORAggieFan said:

Yeah, I mean the tipping of pitches in the World Series was just good hitters hitting, right?

Jesus, the tipping of pitches was the pitchers actually tipping their pitches. So Yu tipping his pitches in game 7 of the 2017 WS was the Astros having a camera in CF of the Chavez Ravine?

Y'all are idiots.

I know this and you just proved my point. I'm not saying them picking up on the pitches was wrong of them. I'm proving if an MLB hitter knows they pitch they are at a massive advantage.

Way late to the party, but seeing the pitcher give it away with your own eyes and preparing for it "on your own" is VERY different than not knowing and relying on possibly hearing some loud ass sound from the tunnel behind the dugout a split second before it's thrown. High level athletes perform best when they don't have to think. Having to wait on MAYBE finding out what's coming would be paralyzing to a lot unless the catcher (and pitcher) are careless with their signals and give plenty of advance notice. Again, not defending the breaking of the rules, but it's not like they were stopping the ball and putting it on a tee.

Where I stand on this is that I truly hope that the barkers from other teams don't have any skeletons in their clubhouses. Or, maybe I do.
Bunk Moreland
Have you ever played baseball? I want to know.

If you get a tip right before a windup thet a fastball is coming you absolutely have time to recognize and react. Also if it's an off speed (hold back and make it be perfect).

These guys are the best in the world. I can't remember what former player said it but someone said "if I knew a fastball was coming I'd swing even if it was in the opposite batters box"

It is mind bogglingly stupid to think tipping pitches with a sophisticated system that included algorithms in the front office and dugout isn't a massive advantage.
DallasAg 94
rebag00
AG
I for one am loving all the very hot takes on the scandal. If nothing else it will hopefully make for some more interesting baseball as teams play the Astros with a little edge or chip and the Astros who are probably going to be using it for a little bit of bulletin board material on the DL. Should make for some interesting baseball come mid season when things are kind of boring. Hopefully.
DallasAg 94
03_Aggie
Bunk Moreland said:

Have you ever played baseball? I want to know.

If you get a tip right before a windup thet a fastball is coming you absolutely have time to recognize and react. Also if it's an off speed (hold back and make it be perfect).

These guys are the best in the world. I can't remember what former player said it but someone said "if I knew a fastball was coming I'd swing even if it was in the opposite baggers box"

It is mind bogglingly stupid to think tipping pitches with a sophisticated system that included algorithms in the front office and dugout isn't a massive advantage.

A major league player literally debunked this theory just yesterday. But please continue to question people's baseball knowledge because their opinion differs from yours.

There's also an article that breaks it down to a net zero when you factor in bad relays, which they think are far more damaging than correct signs are positive.

But I'm sure your own experiences trump that, right?
Bunk Moreland
What player?
Heisenberg01
AG
Ian Kinsler went on the Ticket radio station in Dallas and was all butt hurt over the Astros. He then went on to claim every baseball player in the MLB watches their own AB on an iPad in-game, and they use it to crack the catcher's signs during the game. Doing it real time is extreme, but I thought all these guys claim the line was using video technology in game. Well apparently every single one of them uses technology in game to catch signs. If doing it real time is the issue, well then baseball was had that problem for 100 years from runners on 2nd base.

The line is very grey. Using technology at all during the game for more than watching their own performance is cheating. Kinsler stated as much and said they need to remove all video from dugouts/clubhouse during the game. It hasn't stopped him or the rest of the league from using it himself in the meantime.
Not to give the Astros a pass, but the hypocrisy of all these teams is absurd.
03_Aggie
Harold Reynolds.
Bunk Moreland
03_Aggie said:

Harold Reynolds.

Post the video. The comment I have seen floating around from him in no way proves your point. I want to know the specific comments in question.
Aggies2009
AG

Oof.
Flexbone
Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

twilly said:

ac04 said:

No, I didn't. You made the claim, now back it up. You are making the charge, thus the burden of proof is on you. I figured a badass attorney like you would understand that.

What's the standard of proof on message boards?
Aggies2009
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

03_Aggie said:

Harold Reynolds.

Post the video. The comment I have seen floating around from him in no way proves your point. I want to know the specific comments in question.

Plus, far better hitters say they'd do better knowing what's coming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.