Astros = CHEATERS

156,451 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I do not. They are videos altered by random people on the Internet first off.

Second, all they've have "shown" is that someone is banging on something when they feel a certain pitch is about to be thrown. There is nothing illegal about whistling/banging on trash cans or anything of the sort. The ASSUMPTION is that the supposed actions are triggered by the use of electronic devices relaying signs. Except there is no evidence to support that.
ORAggieFan
03_Aggie said:

Second, all they've have "shown" is that someone is banging on something when they feel a certain pitch is about to be thrown. There is nothing illegal about whistling/banging on trash cans or anything of the sort. The ASSUMPTION is that the supposed actions are triggered by the use of electronic devices relating signs. Except there is know evidence to support that.
Wow. You're amazing. Your argument is the videos are altered and multiple eye witness accounts are not evidence. It's not an assumption, it's what four people with knowledge of it told the Athletic.

I'd love to know how one is possibly able to get the sign w/in a second of it being given by the catcher w/o the use of electronics and relay it to the tunnel in the dugout.

Ag_07
AG
Some of you butthurt fans are so desperate to see the Astros crash and burn you're grasping at straws and it's sad.

I have yet to see evidence of the Astros using electronic devices to steal signs.

I've seen evidence that indicates they're relaying information from the dugout to the batter, but none whatsoever that indicates electronic devices are utilized.

The only thing indicating that is Mike Fiers and unnamed sources and even that's iffy since the stories from the anonymous sources don't even line up.
Aggies2009
AG
03_Aggie said:

Second, all they've have "shown" is that someone is banging on something when they feel a certain pitch is about to be thrown. There is nothing illegal about whistling/banging on trash cans or anything of the sort. The ASSUMPTION is that the supposed actions are triggered by the use of electronic devices relating signs. Except there is know evidence to support that.
Ooohhh okay. So dozens of videos were, in the last few days, all altered to make the Astros out to be the bad guys, huh? Quite the conspiracy against the poor little Astros who just HAPPENED to go from being worst at contact to best. I guess guys who played for the teams admitting it isn't enough, nor is the fact that they're getting the signs when there is no runner on second, huh?
Aggies2009
AG
ORAggieFan
Ag_07 said:

Some of you butthurt fans are so desperate to see the Astros crash and burn you're grasping at straws and it's sad.

I have yet to see evidence of the Astros using electronic devices to steal signs.

I've seen evidence that indicates they're relaying information from the dugout to the batter, but none whatsoever that indicates electronic devices are utilized.

The only thing indicating that is Mike Fiers and an unnamed source and event hat's iffy since the stories form the anonymous sources don't even line up.
I'm not a butthurt fan in any way. The Astros are no different than the Royals, Nationals or Brewers to me. I'm a fan of baseball.

Please, give us your explanation of how the signs get into the tunnel to be relayed w/o electronics. I could use a good laugh.
Ag_07
AG
Maybe it's from the third base coach looking in. Maybe it's from how the catcher sets up.

Hell who says it's signs? How do we know they're not relaying when a pitcher tips an offspeed pitch?

You can't decipher any of that form the videos out there.

Again, point me in the direction where you can definitively say an electronic device was being used. You can't. And even you could don't think MLB could?

We're a few days into this investigation and it's crickets form MLB yet all these internet sleuths have definitive evidence.
mazag08
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Ag_07 said:

The only thing indicating that is Mike Fiers and an unnamed source and event hat's iffy since the stories form the anonymous sources don't even line up.
I'm not a butthurt fan in any way. The Astros are no different than the Royals, Nationals or Brewers to me. I'm a fan of baseball.

Please, give us your explanation of how the signs get into the tunnel to be relayed w/o electronics. I could use a good laugh.
Count your posts on this thread. Then do a search in your posting history of how often you've posted on this board, and how often you've posted about MLB signs.

Yes, you are in fact butthurt and triggered at the thought of a team's fans wanting verifiable and conclusive evidence before admitting their team might have cheated.

If you weren't, you would have made your peace with a couple comments and left it alone.
Aggies2009
AG
Ag_07 said:

Maybe it's from the third base coach looking in. Maybe it's from how the catcher sets up.

Hell who says it's signs? How do we know they're not relaying when a pitcher tips an offspeed pitch?

Again, point me in the direction where you can definitively say an electronic device was being used. You can't. And even you could don't think MLB could?

We're a few days into this investigation and it's crickets form MLB yet all these internet sleuths have definitive evidence.
If it's the third base coach looking in, there's no need for a trashcan to be banged on from the team's tunnel, is there? The batter would look to the 3rd base coach.

And the fact that the bang happens just after signs from the catcher are laid down show that it's the catcher's sign. Also, when the pitcher/catcher change their signs in some of the videos, the batter immediately strikes out.
Aggies2009
AG
mazag08 said:

ORAggieFan said:

Ag_07 said:

Count your posts on this thread. Then do a search in your posting history of how often you've posted on this board, and how often you've posted about MLB signs.

Yes, you are in fact butthurt and triggered at the thought of a team's fans wanting verifiable and conclusive evidence before admitting their team might have cheated.

If you weren't, you would have made your peace with a couple comments and left it alone.
Where's that guy who said, "Nobody is gonna look through your post history to try and discredit you!"?
ORAggieFan
Ag_07 said:

I'll take eye witness accounts.

Quote:

Four people who were with the Astros in 2017, including pitcher Mike Fiers, said that during that season, the Astros stole signs during home games in real time with the aid of a camera positioned in the outfield.
Quote:

The Astros' set-up in 2017 was not overly complicated. A feed from a camera in center field, fixed on the opposing catcher's signs, was hooked up to a television monitor that was placed on a wall steps from the team's home dugout at Minute Maid Park, in the tunnel that runs between the dugout and the clubhouse. Team employees and players would watch the screen during the game and try to decode signs sitting opposite the screen on massage tables in a wide hallway.
Quote:

At least once, some on the Astros were worried enough that they would be discovered that, in the middle of a game, someone in the dugout ordered the screen hauled out of the tunnel and hidden.
Aggies2009
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Ag_07 said:

I'll take eye witness accounts.

Quote:

Four people who were with the Astros in 2017, including pitcher Mike Fiers, said that during that season, the Astros stole signs during home games in real time with the aid of a camera positioned in the outfield.
Quote:

The Astros' set-up in 2017 was not overly complicated. A feed from a camera in center field, fixed on the opposing catcher's signs, was hooked up to a television monitor that was placed on a wall steps from the team's home dugout at Minute Maid Park, in the tunnel that runs between the dugout and the clubhouse. Team employees and players would watch the screen during the game and try to decode signs sitting opposite the screen on massage tables in a wide hallway.
Quote:

At least once, some on the Astros were worried enough that they would be discovered that, in the middle of a game, someone in the dugout ordered the screen hauled out of the tunnel and hidden.

Those 4 players are just butthurt Rangers fans!!
ORAggieFan
I don't post much on this board because I don't care about either the Astros or the Rangers. I do read it, but nearly all the posts are about those two teams and in their official threads. This is actually interesting and affects the whole league.
Aggies2009
AG
ORAggieFan said:

This is actually interesting and affects the whole league.
Bingo
Proposition Joe
Ag_07 said:

Yes, the whole world is trying to bring down the un-penetrable dynasty that is the Houston Astros.

Historically the media and fanbases have been quick to try and tear down these historical dynasties...

Chicago Bulls 1991-1998
New York Yankees 1996-2000
Dallas Cowboys 1992-1995
New England Patriots 2001-present
Houston Astros 2017-2017
Ag_07
AG
I never mentioned anything about a dynasty of any sort.

Learn to read before you make any other asinine comments.
mazag08
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Ag_07 said:

Yes, the whole world is trying to bring down the un-penetrable dynasty that is the Houston Astros.

Historically the media and fanbases have been quick to try and tear down these historical dynasties...

Chicago Bulls 1991-1998
New York Yankees 1996-2000
Dallas Cowboys 1992-1995
New England Patriots 2001-present
Houston Astros 2017-2017
That's more than likely exactly why this story was latched onto so hard and heavy. The Astros were supposed to be a flash in the pan in 2017. The Red Sox got by them last year, and this was supposed to be the Yankees year. Then the Astros proved that they absolutely OWN the Yankees, and all of the sudden Jomboy is posting "evidence (lol)" of Astros cheating, a couple of weeks after a huge scandal over.. words in a locker room.. and every show on ESPN is leading with it after saying the Astros should fire everyone a couple weeks ago for.. words in a locker room.

Trust me Rangers, if the shoe were on your foot, you would be demanding hard evidence as well and wondering why ALL OF THE SUDDEN this is news when it could have come out anytime.
TheAngelFlight
Quote:

Trust me Rangers
Take it to the rivalry thread. This thread wasn't started by a Rangers fan and half the people y'all have argued with aren't Rangers fans, either.
mazag08
AG
TheAngelFlight said:

Quote:

Trust me Rangers
Take it to the rivalry thread. This thread wasn't started by a Rangers fan and half the people y'all have argued with aren't Rangers fans, either.
No, I'll say what I want and you can deal with it snowflake.

Substitute Rangers for Cubs, Cardinals, or whatever team you are a fan of. Common sense shows that the overwhelming majority of users on this thread follow two teams.
Flexbone
lda6339 said:

ClickClack said:

Aggies2009 said:

Admittedly, there have been many more examples of it happening in 2017 than 2019. But it's happened in 2019. And there's this thing about trust that if you are a proven liar and cheater, people are going to think you're doing it even when you're not. Humans have evolved to feel this way.
Until then, everybody keep grasping at anything you can to make you feel better that the Astros won a WS and are more relevant than your team.
LOL 1 WS = more relevant lol

Here's this dumbass again. Relevance is, by its very nature, dependent upon time and is relative. The Cardinals aren't more relevant in Major League Baseball just because they won World Series titles a long time ago. The Astros have been the best team in the sport for the last 3 year period. They are the most relevant team in baseball over that period.
Flexbone
And by the way, for the obviously butthurt Rangers fans who claim we should give the title away based on unproven allegations, why were we so much better on the road than at home if this were such an advantage?
Doug Ross
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Proposition Joe
I can't tell if some of these fans are joking or not.

The Astros won a World Series over 2 years ago.

It was their first in like a gazillion years of existence.

Does their fanbase really believe that all these baseball fans and media members are out to take down this "juggernaut"?
aTm2004
AG
Flexbone said:

And by the way, for the obviously butthurt Rangers fans who claim we should give the title away based on unproven allegations, why were we so much better on the road than at home if this were such an advantage?
Because we had 9 games in Arlington.
Doug Ross
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
03_Aggie
ORAggieFan said:

03_Aggie said:

Wow. You're amazing. Your argument is the videos are altered and multiple eye witness accounts are not evidence. It's not an assumption, it's what four people with knowledge of it told the Athletic.

I'd love to know how one is possibly able to get the sign w/in a second of it being given by the catcher w/o the use of electronics and relay it to the tunnel in the dugout.

How were they doing it in 2019? The eye witness account you find so credible also said he told both clubs, one of which plays in the same division, of what the Astros were doing (don't think they'd care enough to notify MLB?). MLB put controls in place, post 2017, at each game to ensure it doesn't happen and yet here's "supporting evidence" of it happening in 2019 against the Yankees....

How?
ClickClack
AG
Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

ClickClack said:

Aggies2009 said:

Admittedly, there have been many more examples of it happening in 2017 than 2019. But it's happened in 2019. And there's this thing about trust that if you are a proven liar and cheater, people are going to think you're doing it even when you're not. Humans have evolved to feel this way.
Until then, everybody keep grasping at anything you can to make you feel better that the Astros won a WS and are more relevant than your team.

Here's this dumbass again. Relevance is, by its very nature, dependent upon time and is relative. The Cardinals aren't more relevant in Major League Baseball just because they won World Series titles a long time ago. The Astros have been the best team in the sport for the last 3 year period. They are the most relevant team in baseball over that period.

Exactly. Didn't feel like arguing with stupid so thanks for doing it for me.
TheAngelFlight
mazag08 said:

TheAngelFlight said:

Quote:

Trust me Rangers
No, I'll say what I want and you can deal with it snowflake.
How will I possibly deal with such hard hitting stuff, though?

And you're going to throw out the snowflake card after declaring your and the Astros' victimhood? Okay...
Cromagnum
AG
And yet the Astros ABs in the playoffs were about as bad as it comes.
ORAggieFan
03_Aggie said:

ORAggieFan said:

03_Aggie said:

How were they doing it in 2019? The eye witness account you find so credible also said he told both clubs, one of which plays in the same division, of what the Astros were doing (don't think they'd care enough to notify MLB?). MLB put controls in place, post 2017, at each game to ensure it doesn't happen and yet here's "supporting evidence" of it happening in 2019 against the Yankees....

How?

I've never argued they did it in 2019. If you could read you would have read that I specifically said I've seen no evidence leading me to believe they did it in 2019. I'm not saying they didn't, but nothing for me to accuse them.
ORAggieFan
Cromagnum said:

And yet the Astros ABs in the playoffs were about as bad as it comes.

Not in 2017. The home/road splits were insane. I posted that in this thread.

That said, I haven't seen evidence they did it in the playoffs. I would think a different method would be needed as it is so loud. Additionally, the accounts of the four players were not consistent on the playoffs.
03_Aggie
ORAggieFan said:

03_Aggie said:

ORAggieFan said:

03_Aggie said:

How?

I've never argued they did it in 2019. If you could read you would have read that I specifically said I've seen no evidence leading me to believe they did it in 2019. I'm not saying they didn't, but nothing for me to accuse them.

Both of the videos on this thread contain the same thing. One is from 2017 and the other 2019. If you believe the White Sox video why would you not believe the Yankees video? If you believe the only way they would be able to do it, given the amount of time, is with the aid of a camera and electronic devises I again ask you how we're they still able to do it in 2019?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

ClickClack said:

Aggies2009 said:

I challenge you to write one post to someone you disagree without attacking them in some way.

Your insults aside, if the Astros are the most relevant team is due to national press, the Astros would only maybe top that list on the back of negative media attention alone. That being said, winningest does not mean most relevant.

And why even bring the Cardinals up? No one said anything about them. Houston fans seem to have a huge little brother syndrome with the rest of the league
ORAggieFan
03_Aggie said:

ORAggieFan said:

03_Aggie said:

ORAggieFan said:

03_Aggie said:

How?

Both of the videos on this thread contain the same thing. One is from 2017 and the other 2019. If you believe the White Sox video why would you not believe the Yankees video? If you believe the only way they would be able to do it, given the amount of time, is with the aid of a camera and electronic devises I again ask you how we're they still able to do it in 2019?
There are many videos, please post the Yankees one in reference.

I've not commented on 2019, but given the question, I would say with electronics, like they did in 2017. Maybe a different way, but electronics none the less. Again, that assumes that the banging is the same. I'd like to see that video. I did a scan through and must have missed it.
03_Aggie
Aggies2009 said:

03_Aggie said:

Where can one find this mountain of evidence? All I've seen so far is a breakdown by a Yankees fan which examines one at bat in the eight inning of a game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.