Astros = CHEATERS

111,373 Views | 1476 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Aggies2009
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South Platte said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Doug Ross said:



the astros cheated with cameras, they got caught, it is illegal per MLB, and they should pay the price
It was not illegal until 2019....
Really? So now we need a rule for everything?

Well...Yeah. This is stupid comment/argument

As technology improves and as the game adapts yes the rules need to be amended.

Just like they were with PEDs, mound visits, warmup time, etc etc.

Rules changing is nothing new to any sport.
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charlie Kelley said:

Doug Ross said:

MelvinUdall said:

ORAggieFan said:

MelvinUdall said:

ORAggieFan said:

MelvinUdall said:

ORAggieFan said:

Yeah, I mean the tipping of pitches in the World Series was just good hitters hitting, right?


Jesus, the tipping of pitches was the pitchers actually tipping their pitches. So Yu tipping his pitches in game 7 of the 2017 WS was the Astros having a camera in CF of the Chavez Ravine?

Y'all are idiots.

I know this and you just proved my point. I'm not saying them picking up on the pitches was wrong of them. I'm proving if an MLB hitter knows they pitch they are at a massive advantage.


No, you moved the goalpost from stealing signs to tipping pitchers.

It is the batter knowing the pitch and nearly the same time. No matter how they get it, that is an advantage.




Again, are the Astros the only one? Or do the Astros, with above average talent, succeed because of the talent and technology?

I will hang up and listen.
the astros cheated with cameras, they got caught, it is illegal per MLB, and they should pay the price
It was not illegal until 2019....
Not true. Hence the penalties for both the Red Sox and Yankees. It was always against the rules, they just put in place stricter rules regarding placement of cameras and an emphasis on enforcing it.
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

South Platte said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Doug Ross said:



the astros cheated with cameras, they got caught, it is illegal per MLB, and they should pay the price
It was not illegal until 2019....
Really? So now we need a rule for everything?

Well...Yeah. This is stupid comment/argument

As technology improves and as the game adapts yes the rules need to be amended.

Just like they were with PEDs, mound visits, warmup time, etc etc.

Rules changing is nothing new to any sport.
Baseball has long since been a sport littered with unwritten rules. But apparently those days are over.

You deserve an asterisk as well.

*
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wait...So you want this to be an unwritten rule?

Fine by me since the league doesn't hand out punishment for breaking those.

Carry on!!

South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

Wait...So you want this to be an unwritten rule?

Fine by me since the league doesn't hand out punishment for breaking those.

Carry on!!


This sums it up.

Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South Platte said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Doug Ross said:



the astros cheated with cameras, they got caught, it is illegal per MLB, and they should pay the price
It was not illegal until 2019....
Really? So now we need a rule for everything?
You know what wasn't against the rules per se until 1982 in the NFL? Ripping someone's helmet off and hitting them with it. Lyle Alzado did it and just got a 15 yard UC penalty. Then the "Lyle Alzado rule" was created and it became an auto-ejection plus suspension.

Yes, you must have rules for anything you want to enforce. Especially in sports leagues with owner groups and player unions.
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bregxit said:

South Platte said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Doug Ross said:



the astros cheated with cameras, they got caught, it is illegal per MLB, and they should pay the price
It was not illegal until 2019....
Really? So now we need a rule for everything?
You know what wasn't against the rules per se until 1982 in the NFL? Ripping someone's helmet off and hitting them with it. Lyle Alzado did it and just got a 15 yard UC penalty. Then the "Lyle Alzado rule" was created and it became an auto-ejection plus suspension.

Yes, you must have rules for anything you want to enforce. Especially in sports leagues with owner groups and player unions.
Ha, you really want to tie the Astros and Lyle Alzado together? That deserves an asterisk.

*
eATMup-Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It appears our own Myles Garrett has put the Astros story on the back burner for now.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South Platte said:

Bregxit said:

South Platte said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Doug Ross said:



the astros cheated with cameras, they got caught, it is illegal per MLB, and they should pay the price
It was not illegal until 2019....
Really? So now we need a rule for everything?
You know what wasn't against the rules per se until 1982 in the NFL? Ripping someone's helmet off and hitting them with it. Lyle Alzado did it and just got a 15 yard UC penalty. Then the "Lyle Alzado rule" was created and it became an auto-ejection plus suspension.

Yes, you must have rules for anything you want to enforce. Especially in sports leagues with owner groups and player unions.
Ha, you really want to tie the Astros and Lyle Alzado together? That deserves an asterisk.

*
I suspect you did not fare well in reading comprehension and basic context clues.

03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does this asterisk schtick actually work on people? Has to be one of the dumbest points that gets repeatedly used.
Prime0882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
03_Aggie said:

Does this asterisk schtick actually work on people? Has to be one of the dumbest points that gets repeatedly used.
I was about to post about it as well... Under the impression the guy was really happy with how "clever" he is and plans on beating the comment like a dead horse.
Tex100
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did this get mentioned somewhere in the 10 page thread. Of course, Fiers was playing for the Astros.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/astros-mike-fiers-denies-illegal-substance-glove-hitter/story?id=33253674

https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/mike-fiers-pine-tar-glove-no-hitter/271006
Charlie Kelley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wah wah wah. He did the same **** this year on the a's. Newsflash, pitchers use pine tar.
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charlie Kelley said:

Wah wah wah. He did the same **** this year on the a's. Newsflash, pitchers use pine tar.
And many batters prefer they do for their own safety, especially in cold weather.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Wah wah wah. He did the same **** this year on the a's. Newsflash, pitchers use pine tar.
And many batters prefer they do for their own safety, especially in cold weather.


Yep. I remember pitching a particularly cold and dry February game in high school where I plunked 5-6 guys over six innings. I felt seriously terrible about it and luckily they were all hips and lower shots. Those balls get really slick.
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
03_Aggie said:

Does this asterisk schtick actually work on people? Has to be one of the dumbest points that gets repeatedly used.


Really? So you are calling every aggie dumb ? You must have forgot that " asterisk " was the the battle cry here when VYs knee was touching on that flip to Selvin Young in the National Championship game.
8T2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Danny Vermin said:

03_Aggie said:

Does this asterisk schtick actually work on people? Has to be one of the dumbest points that gets repeatedly used.


Really? So you are calling every aggie dumb ? You must have forgot that " asterisk " was the the battle cry here when VYs knee was touching on that flip to Selvin Young in the National Championship game.
Oh, yeah.

Well, in that case, yes, he is calling every Aggie dumb.
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No commentary on the matter, but thought this was funny. Seen at Gameday in Waco this morning:
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More bad news for the Astros, scouts were asked to cheat. New report in The Athletic.

Quote:

"It just goes to the story, for 2017, we were asked to electronically cheat in the playoffs," one scout said
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

"One thing in specific we are looking for is picking up signs coming out of the dugout," the email's sender wrote in a message from August of 2017. "What we are looking for is how much we can see, how we would log things, if we need cameras/binoculars, etc. So go to game, see what you can (or can't) do and report back your findings."

Fellas, this is just butthurt Rangers fans, nothing to see here.
Tastybrisket10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So the Astros asked their scouts to cheat, left an email trail, and then fired half of them?
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Must've used the Konami Code.
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
damn Was on phone and didn't see the other
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Proposition Joe said:

Quote:

"One thing in specific we are looking for is picking up signs coming out of the dugout," the email's sender wrote in a message from August of 2017. "What we are looking for is how much we can see, how we would log things, if we need cameras/binoculars, etc. So go to game, see what you can (or can't) do and report back your findings."

Fellas, this is just butthurt Rangers fans, nothing to see here.


So now they were doing it all of 2017 but they needed scouts to figure out how to steal signs for the playoffs? Seems like they would already have the process down by then.

Or are we shifting from stealing signs all season to trying to steal signs just when the playoffs came?
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
03_Aggie said:

Proposition Joe said:

Quote:

"One thing in specific we are looking for is picking up signs coming out of the dugout," the email's sender wrote in a message from August of 2017. "What we are looking for is how much we can see, how we would log things, if we need cameras/binoculars, etc. So go to game, see what you can (or can't) do and report back your findings."

Fellas, this is just butthurt Rangers fans, nothing to see here.


So now they were doing it all of 2017 but they needed scouts to figure out how to steal signs for the playoffs? Seems like they would already have the process down by then.

Or are we shifting from stealing signs all season to trying to steal signs just when the playoffs came?


Are you that dumb? They were stealing easy signs. They send scouts to scout the advanced signs when a sequence is given and specifically the request is what tools would be needed.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out one finger down is a fastball. It's a lot harder to figure out a sequence.
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So sequences are only used in the playoffs? They stick to "easy signs" during the regular season? I mean I suspect any team that feels like someone is stealing signs will switch to a sequence no matter what point in the season the game is taking place.

Or were they asking scouts to spread out and scout potential playoff opponents to try and record their signals? If that's the case, what exactly is against the rules in that instance?

There's definitely someone dumb here but it probably isn't who you think. These two writers are so hard up to break some huge story they aren't stopping to think how some of their "evidence" just discredits some of their other claims. But they do because, as evidenced here, some people just eat it up.
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
03_Aggie said:

So sequences are only used in the playoffs? They stick to "easy signs" during the regular season? I mean I suspect any team that feels like someone is stealing signs will switch to a sequence no matter what point in the season the game is taking place.

Or were they asking scouts to spread out and scout potential playoff opponents to try and record their signals? If that's the case, what exactly is against the rules in that instance?

There's definitely someone dumb here but it probably isn't who you think. These two writers are so hard up to break some huge story they aren't stopping to think how some of their "evidence" just discredits some of their other claims. But they do because, as evidenced here, some people just eat it up.


Sometimes some evidence supports one claim while refutes another. It happens when uncovering the facts and timeline. It certainly seems the level of cheating ramped up and down.

Sending advanced scouts to figure out how best to cheat is probably not in the rule book. Just guessing.
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What part is cheating?

Y'all keep using that word when you don't know what it means.
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasRebel said:

What part is cheating?

Y'all keep using that word when you don't know what it means.


You obviously understand the rules better than the scout asked to do it:

Quote:

"It just goes to the story, for 2017, we were asked to electronically cheat in the playoffs," one scout said


Again, happy to bet anyone the Astros are penalized for 2017 actions. Everyone should be begging me for this bet if you're as confident as you say you are.
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is that supposed to show?
ontheedge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ignorant thread. Original Texas team won the WS in 2017, get over it.
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like somebody hiding Jimmy Hoffa's body.
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ontheedge said:

Ignorant thread. Original Texas team won the WS in 2017, get over it.

It's ignorant to talk about a massive cheating scandal that will result in punishment? What exactly is ignorant about this? Do you know what that word means?
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The picture proves nothing. It could be the place where players review video to prepare for at bats and review game plans. There are two chairs there, and Altuve may have just reviewed video. iPads are now prevelant in dugouts for that. Back in 2017, as far as I know, teams weren't using iPads in dugouts or clubhouses.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.