Astros = CHEATERS

156,406 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
03_Aggie said:

Quote:

Have you ever written a post defending your team without deflecting to another team? Have you noticed you have very few stars in this thread? I'd wager its because stars are rewarded to those who actually contribute to the discussion.

Setting aside the lameness of blue star smack, you'd be wrong. Any anti Astros statement gets starred by the bitter Rangers' blue star brigade.
Ah yes, I forgot about the vast blue star conspiracy being promulgated by Rangers fans. My apologies.
DannyDuberstein
AG
03_Aggie said:

Quote:

Have you ever written a post defending your team without deflecting to another team? Have you noticed you have very few stars in this thread? I'd wager its because stars are rewarded to those who actually contribute to the discussion.

Setting aside the lameness of blue star smack, you'd be wrong. Any anti Astros statement gets starred by the bitter Rangers' blue star brigade.

This is such a moronic whiny ass tittty baby response. In case you haven't noticed, the astros have been getting eiffel towered nationally. But people who have the rangers permanently implanted in their head keep posting stupid **** like this
03_Aggie
DannyDuberstein said:

03_Aggie said:

Quote:

This is such a moronic whiny ass tittty baby response. In case you haven't noticed, the astros have been getting eiffel towered nationally. But people who have the rangers permanently implanted in their head keep posting stupid **** like this

It's ok, little buddy. I'm sure TexAgs is full of "national" people.
94chem
lda6339 said:

03_Aggie said:

Quote:

Ah yes, I forgot about the vast blue star conspiracy being promulgated by Rangers fans. My apologies.

Year after year, the Texans threads, the Rockets threads, and the Astros threads have 2 - 3x as many posts as the Metroplex teams. Houston is bigger than DFW and half as far away from Aggieland. Nonetheless, Rangers fans are just meanie bullies. Need some help from my teen daughter...is this where I say OK Boomer?
Flexbone
Proposition Joe said:

I mean, one can assume people's side in things are going to skew towards the team they are or aren't a fan of.

That doesn't change basic logic fallacies though. And for the most part I think Houston fans would pretty much agree that if they are going to just assume every other team is doing it then it's fair to assume that Houston did it post-2017.

It would be like a Rangers fan saying "All other teams were doing steroids too... but the only Rangers that were doing it were the ones that got caught!"

As for Flexbone, defending something without any logic is kind of his shtick. I believe he's the guy that after TCU beat us 2-out-of-3 in the super regionals a while back was proclaiming we were actually the better team. If the final score doesn't support what he thinks it should, he'll jump through logic hoops to frame it in a way that makes him right. Which I guess is what works for him as a lawyer... You don't actually have to prove anything with facts, just repeat nonsense enough times that a few idiots on the jury will think it's logical.

Yes, that's what board certified lawyers do. We just make up fancy arguments with no basis to try and trick jurors. Strange strategy considering Tax Court trials are bench trials held by federally appointed judges. And most cases are docketed in Tax Court.

You don't understand what logic is and your ridiculous posts demonstrate that. Look at this post. NOBODY argued what you just said. You keep going back to "there's no proof Houston didn't do it in 2018/2019" while in the same breath pointing to the conclusions of the very same investigation that concluded they did it in 2017. That same investigation concluded they didn't do it then. Could that be wrong? Sure. But this whole thing started because of one player talking. Yet when other players from other teams have come out and said that Houston is just the tip of the iceberg, you dismiss it as irrelevant. That makes no sense. "There's more evidence against Houston!" No kidding, that's usually what happens in an investigation...they find evidence. Unless there's the same investigation undertaken against other teams, there's likely going to more evidence against the team they did investigate.

As for me claiming A&M to be better than a team it lost to, thank you for proving absolutely what I just said about your ability to reason. It would take 5 seconds to name 100 examples of games where the better team lost.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Yes, that's what board certified lawyers do.
Dbag factor 100
Proposition Joe
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Yes, that's what board certified lawyers do.
Dbag factor 100

I always wonder if it's a persona he puts on for Texags or if he's really like this.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I don't know about you guys, but imo this thread had started to die until it became Flexbone vs the world lol

I'm here for it flex, keep on keeping on. I want to see what the next bit you come up with is
Ervin Burrell
AG
Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

First Lawsuit has been filed. Since MLB has an official partnership with DraftKings I wonder if this could actually turn into something, guess we'll wait and see. Any lawyers have an preliminary opinion/comment?

I'm an attorney, and my comment is that you might be the biggest moron on this board. The Cardinals had employees GO TO JAIL and yet here you are, running your mouth about something that a TON of teams were doing. Just how big of a tool are you?

A CARDINALS fan. What are you, 95 years old?
Neat deflection!

I've never seen anything stranger than this weird guy hanging out on every Astros thread, bitter because "his Cardinals" aren't good at baseball.
Is it more or less weird than a guy claiming he isn't an Astros fan defending the Astros to the death every chance he gets?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

First Lawsuit has been filed. Since MLB has an official partnership with DraftKings I wonder if this could actually turn into something, guess we'll wait and see. Any lawyers have an preliminary opinion/comment?

I'm an attorney, and my comment is that you might be the biggest moron on this board. The Cardinals had employees GO TO JAIL and yet here you are, running your mouth about something that a TON of teams were doing. Just how big of a tool are you?

A CARDINALS fan. What are you, 95 years old?
Neat deflection!

I've never seen anything stranger than this weird guy hanging out on every Astros thread, bitter because "his Cardinals" aren't good at baseball.
Is it more or less weird than a guy claiming he isn't an Astros fan defending the Astros to the death every chance he gets?
Something tells me you wont here back from him for a minute, he'll tuck tail for a few weeks like it did after all of his predictions early on in this thread were proven dead wrong. I'm sure when he comes back from being a board certified tax lawyer he will be back to hurl more insults, however.
Mike Elko
AG
"Our opinion is that this didn't impact the game." - Jim Crane

Pretty much sums up the entire organization. From owner to players to interns, what a joke.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They sure were going to a lot of trouble and risk to do it for something that didn't impact the game
Aggies2009
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Pretty much sums up the entire organization. From owner to players to interns, what a joke.
Only 60 seconds later, he turned around and said, "I never said it didn't impact the game!"
Beat40
Aggies2009 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Only 60 seconds later, he turned around and said, "I never said it didn't impact the game!"
I think it's pretty easy to infer and understand Crane meant it didn't effect the outcome of the series. That's evident by his "clarification" when he said "I didn't say it effected the game."

But sure, gott'em.
Aggies2009
AG
Oooh I too can make things up and pass it off as truth.
Aggies2009
AG
It is incredibly sad to see how far people will stoop to defend cheating.
Beat40
Aggies2009 said:

My last comment to you:

I really do hope you enjoy the 2020 season of baseball. I hope your team preforms the way you would like.

However, if you support professional baseball, or even any professional team, you are supporting cheating of some sort.
Aggies2009
AG
Beat40 said:

Aggies2009 said:

My last comment to you:

I really do hope you enjoy the 2020 season of baseball. I hope your team preforms the way you would like.

However, if you support professional baseball, or even any professional team, you are supporting cheating of some sort.
EDIT: A screw it. Best of luck to you too.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Most Astros fans (me included) aren't defending cheating so much as they're defending their team. I'm going to be cheering for them more than ever this year, and I think that bothers a lot of fans from teams who haven't shared our recent successes.

I doubt you'll agree, but it's pretty apparent the Astros weren't the only ones doing this kind of thing. I've no doubt we took it too far and were arrogant about it, but do an investigation into other teams and there's no doubt they'd find similar stuff going on. So, I'll defend my team, gladly wear my WS gear, and enjoy another season as one of the favorites. Hope you do the same!
Aggies2009
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

Most Astros fans (me included) aren't defending cheating so much as they're defending their team. I'm going to be cheering for them more than ever this year, and I think that bothers a lot of fans from teams who haven't shared our recent successes.

I doubt you'll agree, but it's pretty apparent the Astros weren't the only ones doing this kind of thing. I've no doubt we took it too far and were arrogant about it, but do an investigation into other teams and there's no doubt they'd find similar stuff going on. So, I'll defend my team, gladly wear my WS gear, and enjoy another season as one of the favorites. Hope you do the same!
Hey, if the "other people did it!" defense helps you sleep at night, go for it. In the eyes of the 29 other MLB teams and any neutral observer, that WS means about as much as any record of Barry Bonds- an asterisk at best. Again, if you're content with that, more power to you. I am too
Ervin Burrell
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Then why the phauck did you do it in the first place?
Aggies2009
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

AustinAg2012 said:

You didn't see? He later said that he never said it didn't impact the game!

But depending on who you ask, he meant something completely different when he said that, so who knows.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

Hey, if the "other people did it!" defense helps you sleep at night, go for it. In the eyes of the 29 other MLB teams and any neutral observer, that WS means about as much as any record of Barry Bonds- an asterisk at best. Again, if you're content with that, more power to you. I am too
I sleep very well, but the "other people did it" defense works great when the other people who did it didn't win the WS. Thanks for your consideration, though.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

AustinAg2012 said:

But depending on who you ask, he meant something completely different when he said that, so who knows.
I hope whichever team you cheer for is able to fix whatever the Astros broke for you.
Aggies2009
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

AustinAg2012 said:

I hope whichever team you cheer for is able to fix whatever the Astros broke for you.

You deduce a lot from me (like any normal person would do, I'd hope) looking down on cheating.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

AustinAg2012 said:

You deduce a lot from me (like any normal person would do, I'd hope) looking down on cheating.
I deduce that you're all over this thread and the Stros thread.....something is clearly bothering you. Hopefully you can find some joy.
Aggies2009
AG
Hahaha the typical attempt to make me the focus instead of the cheating Astros. Sure thing, bud. You're posting quite a bit too, but to defend cheating.

I'm sorry that me condemning cheaters has you in such a fuss. Don't worry. Nobody is gonna take your one little title away- you'll always have your shirt.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Hahaha the typical attempt to make me the focus instead of the cheating Astros. Sure thing, bud. I'm sorry that me condemning cheaters has you in such a fuss. Don't worry. Nobody is gonna take your one little title away- you'll always have your shirt.
Condemn all you want, cheer for your team all you want, enjoy baseball all you want. You don't 'have me in a fuss'; on the contrary I enjoy it. And you're right, the Stros always will have that title. Good of you to admit that.
Aggies2009
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

Hahaha the typical attempt to make me the focus instead of the cheating Astros. Sure thing, bud. I'm sorry that me condemning cheaters has you in such a fuss. Don't worry. Nobody is gonna take your one little title away- you'll always have your shirt.
Condemn all you want, cheer for your team all you want, enjoy baseball all you want. You don't 'have me in a fuss'; on the contrary I enjoy it. And you're right, the Stros always will have that title. Good of you to admit that.

You're the kind of person who supports lying and cheating. Don't really have the desire to acknowledge you any more. I know everything I need to know. Best of luck.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

You're the kind of person who supports lying and cheating. Don't really have the desire to acknowledge you any more. I know everything I need to know. Best of luck.
Some solid irony in a reply to my post.
Aggies2009
AG
https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1321885/amp

This didn't age well.

"It's not about gamesmanship anymore. It used to be: 'Hey, if you can get my signs, good for you.' In the past, if a guy on second (base) was able to decipher it on a few pitches, I guess that was kind of part of the game," Verlander said, according to Evan Woodberry of MLive. "I think it's a different level now. It's not good."
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1321885/amp

This didn't age well.

"It's not about gamesmanship anymore. It used to be: 'Hey, if you can get my signs, good for you.' In the past, if a guy on second (base) was able to decipher it on a few pitches, I guess that was kind of part of the game," Verlander said, according to Evan Woodberry of MLive. "I think it's a different level now. It's not good."
He's talking about people in the stands relaying pitches. It's been a part of baseball for a long long time. Why do you think pitchers and catchers have had multiple signs for pitches when nobody is on second base? The use of technology to do it has been around since 1980's. Astros / BoSox (and likely several other teams) just took it to another level.
Aggies2009
AG
Reading more and more about how he was so anti-cheating prior to 2017. His meltdowns over the Indians were great. Amazing how the most self righteous "should've done more" when it was their teams cheating.

I hope that this scandal doesn't overshadow the career he put out there on the mound. Surely HoF voters won't look at him since he didn't bat.
Wabs
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Yep, it's been incredibly sad for years. Just look at how Yankees fans defend their titles won by multiple juicers. And how they are the biggest cry babies during this Astros version of cheating.
Aggies2009
AG
Wabs said:

Aggies2009 said:

Yep, it's been incredibly sad for years. Just look at how Yankees fans defend their titles won by multiple juicers. And how they are the biggest cry babies during this Astros version of cheating.

LOL "what about..."

But yes.. they're as bad as Bonds. This thread is about the Astros cheating scandal. I won't go full Agproducer and cry to mods but if you want to talk about the PED schedule, do so in another thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.