Astros = CHEATERS

156,453 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flexbone said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

lil99chris said:

Quote:

Also, the racism I was talking about was the players making faces to mock Yu Darvish. I, like most sane people, look down on that. Said nothing about the fans, other than that it's somewhat appalling that they seem to be okay with all of the above and try all they can to deflect and their arguments typically devolve into whataboutisms. Why do you think that one idiot wants so badly to know what team I root for? Cause he wants to find some minor infraction from 50 years ago and compare it to the biggest scandal in baseball in 100 years.

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-yuli-gurriel-apologizes-for-gesture-c259903476

Goodness. It was one player and he apologized. Every team has made mistakes. Quit reaching with every minor infraction.

I am also confident there are plenty of things that could blowout the Astros sign-stealing scandal if they occurred nowadays.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2225013

You're aware that Astros fans are STILL tweeting that image at Yu, aren't you? Not really "one player" when it's excused and promoted by fans.
Keep reaching buddy. One day the Astros will make up for however they wronged you.

You want to tell us who you root for?

He's a complete dweeb who spends every waking moment trying to get the Astros because he's upset his team has never won a ring. He refuses to reply every time I ask him if he's wiped out the Rangers' late 90s division titles from the record books after it was found out they were loaded with steroids. Total crickets.

You're talking about a guy who's in his mid 30s and still wears a glove to games...without kids.

He and Danny Vermin have Astros Derangement Syndrome.
94chem
BMX Bandit said:

Digging deep if you are still crying about the slant eyes.

My son is Chinese, and that kind of stunk when we had to see that. Sure, we can forgive somebody, but I just wondered if he was raised by baboons in Cuba.
Aggies2009
AG
twilly said:

Thought this was funny.

Rizzo is just a bitter Rangers fan.
Aggies2009
AG
bigcat22 said:

A few weeks old, but LA local news wasn't messing around when they showed clips of the Astros presser

https://instagr.am/p/B8hQNuWHX4f
Damned Rangers fans out there in that LA news.
Flexbone
Aggies2009 said:

twilly said:

Thought this was funny.

Rizzo is just a bitter Rangers fan.

No, but he's a complete meathead.

Still waiting on you to erase your Rangers' titles. So weird how you keep avoiding doing so.
Flexbone
Aggies2009 said:

bigcat22 said:

A few weeks old, but LA local news wasn't messing around when they showed clips of the Astros presser

https://instagr.am/p/B8hQNuWHX4f
Damned Rangers fans out there in that LA news.

So weird how bad the offense was after we quit "cheating" isn't it?
Aggies2009
AG
That's..... pretty rich considering how many people here immediately attack the Rangers when they have no clue who someone's a fan of. Derangement Syndrome?
Flexbone
Aggies2009 said:

That's..... pretty rich considering how many people here immediately attack the Rangers when they have no clue who someone's a fan of. Derangement Syndrome?

Are you denying that you're a Rangers fan? If so, who are you a fan of? The level of jealousy one has to have toward a team to post at the rate you do on this subject makes it pretty easy to tell, genius.
Aggies2009
AG
Sorry, take it up with someone who feels like engaging your ad hominem and tu quoque BS. Who I'm a fan of is irrelevant to Astros cheating, and players across the league are mocking them for it. WS winners, all stars, etc. SO there goes your little "jealous" deflection. This will be my last post directed to you.
Bubba smollett
irish pete ag06 said:

Flexbone said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

lil99chris said:

Quote:

Also, the racism I was talking about was the players making faces to mock Yu Darvish. I, like most sane people, look down on that. Said nothing about the fans, other than that it's somewhat appalling that they seem to be okay with all of the above and try all they can to deflect and their arguments typically devolve into whataboutisms. Why do you think that one idiot wants so badly to know what team I root for? Cause he wants to find some minor infraction from 50 years ago and compare it to the biggest scandal in baseball in 100 years.

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-yuli-gurriel-apologizes-for-gesture-c259903476

Goodness. It was one player and he apologized. Every team has made mistakes. Quit reaching with every minor infraction.

I am also confident there are plenty of things that could blowout the Astros sign-stealing scandal if they occurred nowadays.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2225013

You're aware that Astros fans are STILL tweeting that image at Yu, aren't you? Not really "one player" when it's excused and promoted by fans.
Keep reaching buddy. One day the Astros will make up for however they wronged you.

You want to tell us who you root for?

He's a complete dweeb who spends every waking moment trying to get the Astros because he's upset his team has never won a ring. He refuses to reply every time I ask him if he's wiped out the Rangers' late 90s division titles from the record books after it was found out they were loaded with steroids. Total crickets.

You're talking about a guy who's in his mid 30s and still wears a glove to games...without kids.

He and Danny Vermin have Astros Derangement Syndrome.

Them and fps doug who finally showed up on this board after pretty hefty hiatus
Flexbone
Aggies2009 said:

Sorry, take it up with someone who feels like engaging your ad hominem and tu quoque BS. Who I'm a fan of is irrelevant to Astros cheating, and players across the league are mocking them for it. WS winners, all stars, etc. SO there goes your little "jealous" deflection. This will be my last post directed to you.

It's not a deflection. I can cite tons of "all stars and HOF's" who've gone on record about how pervasive this is across MLB. Of course, you already know this, but people like you need a villain to attack to feel better about yourself...which days a lot about you... considering you derive personal self worth from this stuff.

Your own team was doing the same thing. They just sucked. Sorry. But yes, deflect from answering by pointing to my PERSONAL ATTACKS....you're the victim.

What a complete ****ing dweeb.
Proposition Joe
Flexbone on tilt again
irish pete ag06
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Doesn't matter who you root for to have that...
investorAg83
AG
It's amazing how unified the players are in condemning the Astros. EVERYONE is on the same side of this argument and that almost never happens about anything. And the hatred wouldn't be nearly as strong if the Astros weren't so damned smug about it. Kind of like their fans.
diehard03
Quote:

It's amazing how unified the players are in condemning the Astros. EVERYONE is on the same side of this argument and that almost never happens about anything.

I'm sure there are a lot of players who either don't care or didn't think what the Astros did was that egregious.

But, there's no value in them coming out and saying that.
irish pete ag06
AG
investorAg83 said:

EVERYONE is on the same side
Please post me the link to the article where all 725 other MLB players have condemned it.
investorAg83
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

investorAg83 said:

Please post me the link to the article where all 725 other MLB players have condemned it.
How about the discussion in the video where the players are talking about how they've never seen every player in agreement about anything before? CBA or otherwise.

Or just keep burying your head in the sand and clutching your *trophy*.
Aggies2009
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Aggies2009 said:

You missed the point. You talk about "derangement syndrome" when it looks to me like plenty here have Rangers Derangement Syndrome.
Aggies2009
AG
investorAg83 said:

It's amazing how unified the players are in condemning the Astros. EVERYONE is on the same side of this argument and that almost never happens about anything. And the hatred wouldn't be nearly as strong if the Astros weren't so damned smug about it. Kind of like their fans.
Yeah, even when players were caught doping, you may have one or two guys say something. A handful of pitchers threw at Barry Bonds. But this has had a LOT of players come out and condemn it. Heck, even in the middle of an at bat, Rizzo made fun of it.

On the other side, though, some players have dismissed it. They're just outnumbered by those who have said something.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Astros are currently number 3 favorite to win it all again. I guess Vegas knows we must be finding another way to "cheat" this year, bc 'everyone' else knows we can only be good by cheating.

Go stros!
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Aggies2009 said:

You missed the point. You talk about "derangement syndrome" when it looks to me like plenty here have Rangers Derangement Syndrome.

Why are you so afraid/ashamed to admit which team you root for?
03_Aggie
investorAg83 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

investorAg83 said:

How about the discussion in the video where the players are talking about how they've never seen every player in agreement about anything before? CBA or otherwise.

This guy. "I don't listen to Harold Reynolds, he's an idiot" Now "how about the interview with three pitchers. One that loathes the Astros and the other two from the Yankees".

I watched some of that video. One of those pitchers is borderline unstable and another other sounds like a very bright individual.
irish pete ag06
AG
investorAg83 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

investorAg83 said:

Fans of just about any recently successful MLB team are the ones burying their heads in the ground.
investorAg83
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

investorAg83 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

investorAg83 said:

Fans of just about any recently successful MLB team are the ones burying their heads in the ground.

Okay...
Aggies2009
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Neither. It's irrelevant to this discussion. I don't know why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

If you want to talk about the Rangers, doping in the 80s/90s, etc., you have plenty of avenues to do so. This thread is about the Astros cheating scandal. Pointing out "other teams cheated before!" doesn't excuse the cheating of the Astros, no matter how delusional you are and how much you clutch your hat or whatever. Sorry that I'm not enabling your little tu quoque arguments. Looks like you'll have to stick with insulting the Rangers and saying, "Well, MLB is cheating so it's okay".
Aggies2009
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Astros are currently number 3 favorite to win it all again. I guess Vegas knows we must be finding another way to "cheat" this year, bc 'everyone' else knows we can only be good by cheating.

Go stros!
Nobody said they were a bad team. In fact, most people have said they were good enough to win it all in 2017 without cheating, making the cheating even more disappointing because detracts from the great stories of guys like Jose Altuve, Game 5, etc.

On another note, I don't see how Vegas has the Yankees ahead of the Astros with all the injuries they're facing.
tjack16
AG
Aggies2009 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Go stros!
Nobody said they were a bad team. In fact, most people have said they were good enough to win it all in 2017 without cheating, making the cheating even more disappointing because detracts from the great stories of guys like Jose Altuve, Game 5, etc.

On another note, I don't see how Vegas has the Yankees ahead of the Astros with all the injuries they're facing.
As an Astros fan I can say objectively that vegas is probably correct with having the Yankees ahead of the Astros. IMO they are probably projecting full health by the time october comes around.
Aggies2009
AG
I guess that's true, other than Severino.

But while Stanton will get healthy, he'll inevitably get hurt again. And Judge is a lot like Yao Ming- his body is just to big and awkward to NOT get hurt.
agproducer
AG
Aggies2009 said:

And Judge is a lot like Yao Ming- his body is just to big and awkward to NOT get hurt.
But, according to Joe Buck he's one of the best OF ever. Didn't you see his catch in the 2019 ALCS??
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Yep. All those people saying the Astros weren't good enough.....
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Neither. It's irrelevant to this discussion. I don't know why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

If you want to talk about the Rangers, doping in the 80s/90s, etc., you have plenty of avenues to do so. This thread is about the Astros cheating scandal. Pointing out "other teams cheated before!" doesn't excuse the cheating of the Astros, no matter how delusional you are and how much you clutch your hat or whatever. Sorry that I'm not enabling your little tu quoque arguments. Looks like you'll have to stick with insulting the Rangers and saying, "Well, MLB is cheating so it's okay".

Well, when you keep saying being a rangers fan has nothing to do with the Astros occupying so much of your mind, it kind of does matter. Go stros!
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Go stros!

In other words, the "cheating" had no impact of what happened in 2017. I agree. Especially when other teams we beat on the way to the championship were doing the same thing. We agree!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Saying they were good enough ain't the same thing as saying the outcome would have been the same. No one knows because they cheated. The Astros were as stupid as the fat RG who takes an easy shot on a DB 10 yards behind the play and nullifies a 70 yard TD. They deserve everything they get on stupidity alone.
Aggies2009
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Well, when you keep saying being a rangers fan has nothing to do with the Astros occupying so much of your mind, it kind of does matter. Go stros!
You're making stuff up.

I'm saying who I'm a fan of is irrelevant. Only spoke of the Rangers because it's hilarious how Astros fans try so hard to dismiss all criticism as Rangers fans.

Again, this thread is about the Astros cheating. Who I'm a fan of is irrelevant.
Aggies2009
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Saying they were good enough ain't the same thing as saying the outcome would have been the same. No one knows because they cheated.
I'd quit wasting my breath. SquirrleyDan is either so delusional that he ACTUALLY believes the straw man arguments he attacks, or he intentionally mischaracterizes posts/arguments. Either way, it's not really worth engaging.

His argument is literally "other teams do it!" which is why he's trying to desperately to find who I'm a fan of- so he can say, "THAT TEAM CHEATED IN X YEAR!!" But tu quoque arguments don't really hold water when we're talking Astros cheating, so he can keep asking and I'll keep laughing at that attempt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.