Astros = CHEATERS

156,386 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOL not to mention the back to back to back to back WNBA championship Comets
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
03_Aggie said:

DannyDuberstein said:

And Barry Bonds may always be the HR record holder. But it doesn't mean ****

Poor rangers. Their best shot at a WS was squandered by a juicer who couldn't catch a fly ball.
The single greatest moment of my life #11in11
Beat40
agproducer said:

DannyDuberstein said:

agproducer said:

MaxPower said:

Let's keep in mind that, at the end of the day, the Astros violated a memo (not an official rule in the rule book). Even dating back to the 2001 memo (still not an official rule), it stipulates the use of electronic devices in the dugout (the Astros did not use it in the dugout). Clearly they did not act in accordance with the spirit of the 2001 memo or the edict of the mid season 2017 memo. If you want to classify that as cheating then fine. Regardless it was clearly poor sportsmanship.

We won't really know if the sign stealing was Manfred's real concern or the fact that the Astros blatantly ignored his memo in an act of insubordination. Unfortunately he married the two with the punishment levied. It's unfortunate because it gives the message to fans / media that the "cheating" was a huge deal and begging the question as to why it hasn't been investigated further beyond the Astros if its such a big deal. The Yankees used devices in the dugout in 2017. Why no follow up on their activities? If any player comes out and says they were on a team that used electronics for sign stealing will the same 3 month investigation occur?

Blue parachute for you, sir. It's about perspective.

Yep. Perspective. As in how hard one is willing to work to spin blatant, common sense cheating when their perspective is that of an astros fan.

Any non-moron realizes having a camera pointed at the catcher, a big-screen practically in the dugout, and signals to the hitter is ****ing cheating and far outside the bounds of fair play. Plain and simple. LOL at the memo argument. That might be the dumbest ****ing thing I've read yet, which is quite a bar

Answer me this: when the Yankees and Red Sox were busted in 2017 for the Apple Watches, would you consider that cheating?

When the Yankees used bullpen phones to relay sign information in the 90s and 2000s, was that cheating?

What about the system in old Comisky Park in the 80s that Jack McDowell talked about with lights in the scoreboard? Still cheating?

There was not an explicit rule in the books back then or in 2017 that said it was against the rules. Point it out in the rule book. Correct me if I'm wrong. The Astros continued their scheme after a commissioner's memo that said not to do it. Again, it was still not written in the rules. It was from a commissioner's memo.

So, was the sign stealing scheme cheating before the commissioner's memo or just considered cheating after the memo? Yes, the Astros system was more advanced, but how is the premise any different than the ones I mentioned above?

When those others happened, I don't think there was the same amount of screaming about them. I don't think others likened it to being "worse than the Black Sox scandal."

Look at Gaylord Perry. He threw illegal pitches, but is a Hall of Famer and considered crafty. Mike Fiers, the whistleblower, uses substances while in the mound. Those things are explicitly illegal, but overlooked. Is that cheating? What about George Brett and the pine tar bat? Sammy Sosa's corked bat? Where the anger about the integrity of the game for those things? Players were trying to get advantages over the competition.

I'm not justifying what the Astros did. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the sanctimonious indignation for this situation when other schemes were used in the past and MLB did very little.

Honestly, when the Apple watch thing happened in 2017, I didn't think to much about it. I thought, "The clubs were trying to get an advantage over the others again."

This stuff is a old as baseball.

As I said, perspective.

This is the whole point. Again, we cheated, right? We know it. It was wrong. But the vile going the Astros way is not congruent with the history of baseball. Anyone who looks at the above and says but the Astros is worse is not worth having a discussion with on this topic.

As I told someone else, if you support any major league baseball team, you support a history of cheating to go along with it.

agproducer
AG
wessimo said:

AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

DannyDuberstein said:

They were the ones dumb enough to blow right on thru the stop sign. And I like how we are up to every team. ****ing titty baby argument. Poor wittle astwos. So picked on
Poor little astros? We won in 2017, won the AL in 2019, and are a favorite to win it again this year. If you haven't noticed yet, Astros fans don't care about all the crying people are doing, which enrages the poor 'cheated' fans even more.

Honestly, there's one fan base that has any reason to cry---the Yankees. We ended their season 2 out of the last three years (they were cheating, too). The most pathetic whiners are the sorry Arlington, A's, Angels, Cards fans etc who had no chance of winning anything, regardless of how much or how little the big boys were cheating. Enjoy the show.

"We're always going to be World Series champs because we were talented and to me, we earned the right to be World Series champs."

Just because stuff came out about the 2017 Astros doesn't mean other teams weren't doing illegal stuff. It just means that we were the ones that were I guess caught." - Dallas Keuchel
The epitome of Houston sports fans: Pathetic. Let's review your ****hole city's "championships":

-Rockets ('93-'94)... ONLY BECAUSE JORDAN RETIRED
-Rockets ('94-'95)... ONLY BECAUSE JORDAN RETIRED
-Asstros ('17)... ONLY BECAUSE CHEATED

Quite the accomplishments, Houstonians. Not only do your teams consistently choke away playoff games, the few instances you actually win, they're tainted. The Asstros will only be remembered as cheaters. Again, pathetic.

You forgot the Houston Dynamo wining the MLS Cup in 2006 & 2007. Afaik there was no asterisk on those.
There is an asterisk because they were previously the San Jose Earthquakes.
Proposition Joe
Quote:

If you haven't noticed yet, Astros fans don't care about all the crying people are doing

There's no less than 15 posts a day from Astros fans in multiple threads complaining about everything being said.
94chem
SquirrellyDan said:

LOL not to mention the back to back to back to back WNBA championship Comets
The city was so enraptured that the team disbanded.
Duckhook
AG
Here's a pretty interesting website. Based on this guy's numbers, Astros took the signaling to another level about 2 months into the season. Who knows anything about the guy who did the study, but interesting if true.

http://signstealingscandal.com/

Sorry, didn't see that there was already a thread about this site.
Slamn Sharpe
I refuse to read this entire thread. But I'm guessing Astro fans have littered this thread with excuses? I can't imagine my teams only championship coming from the biggest cheating scandal in baseball history

Congrats
75AG
AG
[url]https://sports.yahoo.com/dodgers-ross-stripling-astros-hbp-cheating-world-series-202517336.html[/url]
Ross Stripling will throw at Astro batters
gambochaman
AG
The jealousy of rangers fans is delicious
Beat40
McDadeTXAggie said:

I refuse to read this entire thread. But I'm guessing Astro fans have littered this thread with excuses? I can't imagine my teams only championship coming from the biggest cheating scandal in baseball history

Congrats
It's funny you think this is the biggest cheating scandal in baseball history.

You should go read up on baseball history. And then go read agproducer's post. And then stop rooting for any major league baseball team.
Danny Vermin
Without the cheating, the Los Angeles Dodgers are the 2017 world series champions and EVERYONE but cheating astro fans know this. This is the most tainted "title" in sports history.
gambochaman
AG
Really
You mean the dodgers that only scored one run in game 7 AT HOME?
Please. I know thats what you WISH were true but the truth is that none CAN know what would have happened
SquirrellyDan
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Without the cheating, the Los Angeles Dodgers are the 2017 world series champions and EVERYONE but cheating astro fans know this. This is the most tainted "title" in sports history.

Game 7 was on the road
SquirrellyDan
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Congrats

Who is your team?
SquirrellyDan
AG
75AG said:

[url]https://sports.yahoo.com/dodgers-ross-stripling-astros-hbp-cheating-world-series-202517336.html[/url]
Ross Stripling will throw at Astro batters

Intentionally giving up a base is a good strategy against this line up.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Quote:

If you haven't noticed yet, Astros fans don't care about all the crying people are doing

There's no less than 15 posts a day from Astros fans in multiple threads complaining about everything being said.

Not sure if you're an Arlington fan, but they're posting more about the Astros than their own team.
tjack16
AG
some teams are lucky social media wasn't around during the PED's and cheating scandals in the old days. The Astros scandal is big but if this happened in the pre-social media days then it wouldn't have been blown up that much. It would basically be as big as spygate was for New England
Proposition Joe
SquirrellyDan said:

Proposition Joe said:

Quote:

Not sure if you're an Arlington fan, but they're posting more about the Astros than their own team.

Ok? Relevancy?
Aggies2009
AG
Oh Agproducer decided to show his face here after crying to mods? Awesome.
Aggies2009
AG
Nm
Aggies2009
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

DannyDuberstein said:

They were the ones dumb enough to blow right on thru the stop sign. And I like how we are up to every team. ****ing titty baby argument. Poor wittle astwos. So picked on
Poor little astros? We won in 2017, won the AL in 2019, and are a favorite to win it again this year. If you haven't noticed yet, Astros fans don't care about all the crying people are doing, which enrages the poor 'cheated' fans even more.

Honestly, there's one fan base that has any reason to cry---the Yankees. We ended their season 2 out of the last three years (they were cheating, too). The most pathetic whiners are the sorry Arlington, A's, Angels, Cards fans etc who had no chance of winning anything, regardless of how much or how little the big boys were cheating. Enjoy the show.

"We're always going to be World Series champs because we were talented and to me, we earned the right to be World Series champs."

Just because stuff came out about the 2017 Astros doesn't mean other teams weren't doing illegal stuff. It just means that we were the ones that were I guess caught." - Dallas Keuchel
The epitome of Houston sports fans: Pathetic. Let's review your ****hole city's "championships":

-Rockets ('93-'94)... ONLY BECAUSE JORDAN RETIRED
-Rockets ('94-'95)... ONLY BECAUSE JORDAN RETIRED
-Asstros ('17)... ONLY BECAUSE CHEATED

Quite the accomplishments, Houstonians. Not only do your teams consistently choke away playoff games, the few instances you actually win, they're tainted. The Asstros will only be remembered as cheaters. Again, pathetic.

Boom
TarponChaser
Way to edit your post. Why don't you stand behind your utter stupidity?

MLB showed the Astros did nothing wrong in 2019 but were better offensively than in 2017. Even with Altuve, Correa, and Springer missing significant time due to injuries. Altuve damn near hit .400 after coming back from being hurt early in the season and not performing. They just ran into a Nats team that peaked at the right time. And a Nats team which has also been accused of using electronic sign-stealing schemes.
Aggies2009
AG
TarponChaser said:

MLB showed the Astros did nothing wrong in 2019 but were better offensively. They just ran into a Nats team that peaked at the right time. And a Nats team which has also been accused of using electronic sign-stealing schemes.

Don't get mad. Your little title isn't going anywhere, and you can always look in a mirror and be happy that you support cheaters, so long as "other people did it"!
TarponChaser
Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

MLB showed the Astros did nothing wrong in 2019 but were better offensively. They just ran into a Nats team that peaked at the right time. And a Nats team which has also been accused of using electronic sign-stealing schemes.

Don't get mad. Your little title isn't going anywhere, and you can always look in a mirror and be happy that you support cheaters, so long as "other people did it"!
You're one of the goobers who wishes we stayed in the Big 12, grunts when the tuba players in the band turn, and wears painted overalls, aren't you?
Aggies2009
AG
TarponChaser said:

Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

You're one of the goobers who wishes we stayed in the Big 12, grunts when the tuba players in the band turn, and wears painted overalls, aren't you?

Now now. There's no reason to try and make me the focus of this. This thread is about the Astros cheating. I'm sorry that you have to live with the fact that you have up all morality just so long as you get to keep your one little title.
Aggies2009
AG

Stras messing the Stros up worse than he did in the WS
DannyDuberstein
AG
Are we still on the narrative that it's just ranger fans giving them **** ? Or is that bull**** too ? Kind of like their so called title ?
Aggies2009
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Are we still on the narrative that it's just ranger fans giving them **** ? Or is that bull**** too ? Kind of like their so called title ?

It's deflection. They try to insult every other team instead of looking at themselves. You know, the team who was cheating.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

TarponChaser said:

Honest question:

did the Astros break any rule in the 2017 mlb rule book?

Bonus: how pissed are you about their banner?

Extra points: does it anger you that they're still a Vegas favorite to win this year?

SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

It's deflection. They try to insult every other team instead of looking at themselves. You know, the team who was cheating.

If you mean insult all those other "cheating teams" who didn't win the World Series, you're right.
SquirrellyDan
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

MLB matters. You don't. Title stands. Go stros
gambochaman
AG
The level of hatred is just fantastic

One of these days the astros will send some of you a rent check for the amount of space they and their world series title occupy in your sad little minds
DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL yes Houston sports. What a legacy to envy. Especially houston aggies. 3 asterisks and some wnba titles since 1939.

You arent in people's heads. You are easy marks. That is what you are
SquirrellyDan
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

LOL yes Houston sports. What a legacy to envy. Especially houston aggies. 3 asterisks and some wnba titles since 1939.

You arent in people's heads. You are easy marks. That is what you are

Are you an Astros fan? I'm guessing no. Have you posted all over this thread? Look, I'm sorry we've hurt you so bad. Keep posting and I'd imagine it won't get any better. Maybe if the chips don't fall our way this year and we lose in World Series again you can come back and get some more hurt off your chest. Short of that, just cheer for your team and hope for the best. Good luck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.