Astros = CHEATERS

156,432 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks!
bigcat22
AG
tjack16
AG
bigcat22 said:

Now show the Yankees home and road splits during the playoffs.

They scored a combined 4 runs at MMP during the ALCS
SquirrellyDan
AG
tjholley16 said:

bigcat22 said:

Exactly. They scored a single run against our starters in 4 games. But yes, a trash can and camera are the reasons we won. People posting these cherry picked stats have the intelligence of a potato. Can't wait for this season to start.
diehard03
That's not how baseball works.

Even though they scored only 4 runs, 2 of those wins were by 1 run.

Also, maybe the pitchers aren't so confident if they don't have an ace up their sleeve...
SquirrellyDan
AG
diehard03 said:

That's not how baseball works.

Even though they scored only 4 runs, 2 of those wins were by 1 run.

Also, maybe the pitchers aren't so confident if they don't have an ace up their sleeve...

Try harder.
oldschool87
AG
2017 Astros won 53 games on the road 51 at home.
475 RBI's on the road, 389 at home
274 Avg on road, 269 at home...

Road team won all 7 games in the series... in 19
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
jkag89
lda6339 said:

Are you aware that a lot of Astros fans are going to do this next year also?
agsquirrel97
AG
tjholley16 said:

bigcat22 said:

Judge 2017
.333 / .074 (Home/Away)

Gregorious 2017
.412 / .172 (home/away)

Sanchez 2017
.280 / .138 (home/away)

Headley 2017
.385 / .118 (home/away)

Point being, with a small enough sample size it is easy to cherry pick stats to prove whatever you want.

For a point of reference, I went ahead and checked rangers playoff batting stats for 2017, 2018 and 2019

Home / Away
.000 / .000

But they also posted a 0.00 ERA in all 3 postseasons as well.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
jkag89 said:

lda6339 said:

Everyone's going to [and should] do it, its hilarious

Shed the Houston victim complex
diehard03
Quote:

Given their sports history, what are you expecting?

There's no such thing as deserving anything in sports, but you can't argue that Houston hasn't had it's collective balls kicked in sportswise across it's history.
jkag89
lda6339 said:

jkag89 said:

lda6339 said:

Go read the Astros off season thread.

As for having a Houston victim complex, I root for exactly ONE Houston sports team, the Astros, I have no rooting interest in any other Houston based sports team pro or college. Well not exactly true, occasionally I go to a Sugar Land Skeeters game.

I do find it amusing you've jumped so hard on this considering your Redbirds are hardly squeaky clean and received similar punishment from MLB for their shenanigans.
diehard03
Quote:

As for having a Houston victim complex, I root for exactly ONE Houston sports team, the Astros,

You don't even have to leave the Astros to be honest. All the history of underachieving and your one championship has come under suspicion.
jkag89
diehard03 said:

Quote:

As for having a Houston victim complex, I root for exactly ONE Houston sports team, the Astros,

You don't even have to leave the Astros to be honest. All the history of underachieving and your one championship has come under suspicion.
Um OK I guess. I never claimed Astros history was on par with the Yankees or Cardinals. One thing I'm certain of is that it is not any worse than the Rangers.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
jkag89 said:

lda6339 said:

jkag89 said:

lda6339 said:

As for having a Houston victim complex, I root for exactly ONE Houston sports team, the Astros, I have no rooting interest in any other Houston based sports team pro or college. Well not exactly true, occasionally I go to a Sugar Land Skeeters game.

I do find it amusing you've jumped so hard on this considering your Redbirds are hardly squeaky clean and received similar punishment from MLB for their shenanigans.

That gif is hilarious but in this instance ironic

I posted a funny clip and you seemed to come at me about Houston fans like you thought me posting the gif was somehow an attack (it wasn't)

That being said PM me that gif I'm gonna use it to make fun of liberals
jkag89
lda6339 said:

jkag89 said:

lda6339 said:

jkag89 said:

lda6339 said:

That gif is hilarious but in this instance ironic

I posted a funny clip and you seemed to come at me about Houston fans like you thought me posting the gif was somehow an attack (it wasn't)

That being said PM me that gif I'm gonna use it to make fun of liberals
Um no. I was simply responding with the fact that many Astros fans are not running away trash can banging and in fact are likely going to incorporating during the 2020 especially when Mike Fiers makes his way to Minute Maid. As for the gif, just use the link I did to post it.
03_Aggie
lda6339 said:

Oops. Guess an Astros trash can isnt the only thing he hit...

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/01/22/philadelphia-flyers-mascot-gritty-punch-fan-police-investigation/
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
03_Aggie said:

lda6339 said:

Oops. Guess an Astros trash can isnt the only thing he hit...

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/01/22/philadelphia-flyers-mascot-gritty-punch-fan-police-investigation/
Oh my gosh thats amazing. I can't wait to see how it ends up
Satellite of Love
bigcat22 said:

Now if you look at the Pre-all star and post all start averages you will see that all three hit better in the 1st half of the season than the second half of the season!!! STATS!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
dave94
AG
Haven't seen this mentioned on the Houston thread yet...
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Haven't seen this mentioned on the Houston thread yet...
you should get new glasses then. It was talked about within 5 minutes of the story coming out.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
First Lawsuit has been filed. Since MLB has an official partnership with DraftKings I wonder if this could actually turn into something, guess we'll wait and see. Any lawyers have an preliminary opinion/comment?
BMX Bandit
Will be as successful as the cases against the NFL for the missed PI call last year.

Or when Spurs were sued for resting players.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Will be as successful as the cases against the NFL for the missed PI call last year.

Or when Spurs were sued for resting players.

Bookmark this I will!
bigcat22
AG
03_Aggie
bigcat22 said:

Village idiot, brah.
. . .
MaxPower
He mentions in one sentence the complete transformation of the team, which really should have been half the article. We brought in several hitters who K less plus Bregman who is a league leader in K ratio. Springer is brought up as an example but he has gone on to be just as stuffy after the sign stealing.

BTW, the Yankees went from 183 HR in 2016 to 241 in 2017, which was a higher % increase than we had decrease in K's. Anyone investigating how they were able to have such a gigantic ncrease?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Didn't the entire league jump in HR that year bc of the supposed ball changes and/or launch angle changes? Not just Yankees.
South Platte
MaxPower said:

He mentions in one sentence the complete transformation of the team, which really should have been half the article. We brought in several hitters who K less plus Bregman who is a league leader in K ratio. Springer is brought up as an example but he has gone on to be just as stuffy after the sign stealing.

BTW, the Yankees went from 183 HR in 2016 to 241 in 2017, which was a higher % increase than we had decrease in K's. Anyone investigating how they were able to have such a gigantic ncrease?
Well the Yankees have this really good player, I think his name is Aaron Judge. He had 4 home runs in 2016, 52 in 2017.

183+48=231 home runs

That just about covers the entire increase.

Do you even follow baseball?
03_Aggie

Lol, but we're going to continue to speculate based on data points that fit our narrative and write about it for the sake clicks.
Deluxe
AG
03_Aggie said:

Lol, but we're going to continue to speculate based on data points that fit our narrative and write about it for the sake clicks.
Yep. Lots of lazy narratives going around. Part of the issue is people just want to make reductionistic cause/effect arguments and not think critically about all the variables that go into such claims. I'll give Stark the benefit of the doubt and attribute his takes to offseason boredom.

Like South Platte very astutely pointed out in defense of the Astros, you have to look at year-over-year changes personnel to make those determinations.

Between 2016 and 2017, the Astros essentially replaced Gomez, Valbuena, Castro and Rasmus with Bregman, Yuli, Reddick and McCann. Plus Correa and Springer got a year better.

Obviously no one would say the banging had zero impact, but implications that it made all the difference between 2016-2017 are perpetuating a lazy narrative. Multi-variable analysis and critical thinking are tough work these days.
GrapevineAg
AG
It's also lazy to defend cheating based upon its impact. The impact is irrelevant. Try that defense with a teacher/professor who catches you cheating on an exam - "but I would have gotten an A anyway". Maybe they were good enough to win it all, but we'll never know.
WSCTR
Deluxe
AG
GrapevineAg said:

It's also lazy to defend cheating based upon its impact. The impact is irrelevant. Try that defense with a teacher/professor who catches you cheating on an exam - "but I would have gotten an A anyway". Maybe they were good enough to win it all, but we'll never know.
That's a separate topic. The Astros broke the rules and got punished harshly by MLB. That doesn't mean their year-over-year improvements from 16 to 17 were solely based on trash can banging, as implied above. That's a lazy narrative and deserves to be called out as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.