Astros = CHEATERS

156,433 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gambochaman said:

rgag12 said:

gambochaman said:

rgag12 said:

Tom Hagen said:

Cappo said:

Astros are trash
And 2017 World Champions*, and 2018 AL Champions.

How does it feel that the city of Houston can't win anything without cheating?
they didnt win because of the cheating

they won because they were the best team

HTH

Best cheaters? Absolutely

Look, I'm sorry the Astros are going to be known as baseball's dirtiest cheaters for a VERY long time, and that 2017* has an asterisk now.
your level of hatred is quite pathetic...rangers fan i assume?
Nope. Just a miserable politics board poster that ventured over here for some reason.
gambochaman
AG
full honesty though

the reason i am the most pissed about this is because i think it was completely unnecessary. The astros were talented enough that i 100% do not believe that this drum banging resulted in a significant number of loses turned to wins, plus they did not do this during the playoffs, where they won four critical road games, including the WS clincher.

this wasnt needed, yet they still did it
South Platte
bigcat22 said:

"Take the ring." Considering this is the guy that took my team's World Series title away with a rope off the right field wall, this is just too ironic for me.
BassCowboy33
South Platte said:

bigcat22 said:

"Take the ring." Considering this is the guy that took my team's World Series title away with a rope off the right field wall, this is just too ironic for me.

Be honest with yourself. Nelson Cruz took away that championship by misjudging a fly ball.
DTP02
AG
I asked this on another thread but thought I'd ask here as well.

DTP02 said:

I'm not a huge MLB guy until the playoffs but I follow and root for both the Astros and Rangers (yes, it's possible, although it used to be easier when they were in different leagues). Thought I should get that out of the way before I ask my questions:

I've heard that the Astros road record was better than their home record (I think I heard that this was true in both 2017 and 2019), is this true? If this isn't true you can disregard the rest of this post.

If the Astros had a better road vs home record,, is there any allegation that the Astros were cheating on the road as well?

If they weren't cheating on the road, is there some other explanation (this seems unlikely) that would explain the road vs home discrepancy and also suggest that it would have been even more pronounced if not for the cheating at home?

If there isn't some explanation for the discrepancy in terms of how the roster was set up or something, then it looks like the Astros either didn't benefit significantly from the cheating, or were even hurt by the cheating. I could see it being a detriment if the hitters were distracted from their routines by listening for the bangs or whatever.

If the Astros didn't benefit from the cheating, then I don't see that the asterisk talk is justified. Punish them for attempting to cheat and gain an advantage, but if they didn't actually gain an advantage then the team's accomplishment isn't sullied at all.
BassCowboy33
DTP02 said:

I asked this on another thread but thought I'd ask here as well.

DTP02 said:

I'm not a huge MLB guy until the playoffs but I follow and root for both the Astros and Rangers (yes, it's possible, although it used to be easier when they were in different leagues). Thought I should get that out of the way before I ask my questions:

I've heard that the Astros road record was better than their home record (I think I heard that this was true in both 2017 and 2019), is this true? If this isn't true you can disregard the rest of this post.

If the Astros had a better road vs home record,, is there any allegation that the Astros were cheating on the road as well?

If they weren't cheating on the road, is there some other explanation (this seems unlikely) that would explain the road vs home discrepancy and also suggest that it would have been even more pronounced if not for the cheating at home?

If there isn't some explanation for the discrepancy in terms of how the roster was set up or something, then it looks like the Astros either didn't benefit significantly from the cheating, or were even hurt by the cheating. I could see it being a detriment if the hitters were distracted from their routines by listening for the bangs or whatever.

If the Astros didn't benefit from the cheating, then I don't see that the asterisk talk is justified. Punish them for attempting to cheat and gain an advantage, but if they didn't actually gain an advantage then the team's accomplishment isn't sullied at all.

I think this is how most people view it.
South Platte
BassCowboy33 said:

South Platte said:

bigcat22 said:

Be honest with yourself. Nelson Cruz took away that championship by misjudging a fly ball.
People act like it was a lazy fly to the warning track. Look at the STL bench at 3:20.
gambochaman
AG
DTP2, i think you are spot on

in 2017, the astros had a home record of 48-33 and a road record of 53-28..there is no evidence they were cheating on the road...they also didnt do it during the playoffs

2018, 46-35 at home and 57-24 on the road

i think the whole scheme was stupid and unnecessary
gambochaman
AG
if anything, when you look at the home record in 2019, where there is no evidence of this scheme going on, you can make the argument that the drum banging actually hurt them
AgShaun00
AG
cc10106 said:

Not happening but keep crying, chubs fan.
aged well
Bones08
AG
The 2017 regular season splits tell one story.

The 2017 post-season splits tell another story.

Where you speculate from there probably depends on who you root for.
AgShaun00
AG
South Platte said:

Looks like we need to break out the timeless * again . . .

1994 Houston Rockets *
1995 Houston Rockets *
2017 Houston Astros *

made this comment a lot today!!!!!!!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
South Platte said:

BassCowboy33 said:

South Platte said:

bigcat22 said:

People act like it was a lazy fly to the warning track. Look at the STL bench at 3:20.

Great video! Go Cards!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
03_Aggie said:

A nationals fan because being a rangers fan is too embarrassing at the moment.
Did not age well
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Nino Brown said:

Actually, show me a video with a "supposed banging" when a guy actually gets a ****ing hit with multiple videos. Or better yet, when the team is on the road where they actually hit better. This is a witch hunt for the all mighty dollar and nothing more. In fact, if your a Rangers fan you are also the enemy to the east and west coast markets. Particularly anyone in the media that makes money off of web hits and television eyeballs.

How in gods name did Springer ever hit a homerun on the road much less on the road with noise from the crowd before the pitch and in the World Series?
Checking in!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
03_Aggie said:

I'm good. "Slowed down and amplified" videos posted by some internet smo that's a Yankees fan doesn't move the needle for me. No need to scour the Internet for that type of "evidence".
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28476780/astros-jeff-luhnow-aj-hinch-fired-sign-stealing

Does a league wide investigation change your opinion?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag_07 said:

Maybe it's from the third base coach looking in. Maybe it's from how the catcher sets up.

Hell who says it's signs? How do we know they're not relaying when a pitcher tips an offspeed pitch?

You can't decipher any of that form the videos out there.

Again, point me in the direction where you can definitively say an electronic device was being used. You can't. And even you could don't think MLB could?

We're a few days into this investigation and it's crickets form MLB yet all these internet sleuths have definitive evidence.

Rest easy knowing the MLB came around!
South Platte
AgShaun00 said:

South Platte said:

1994 Houston Rockets *
1995 Houston Rockets *
2017 Houston Astros *

Yeah man. We be doing this today to all the Houston sports fans . . .

Know Your Enemy
AG
AgShaun00 said:

South Platte said:

1994 Houston Rockets *
1995 Houston Rockets *
2017 Houston Astros *

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone said:

Video backs up your claim that the Astros were recognizing pitches before they were thrown? Ok. What about the use of electronic devices? Where is the support for that, champ?

Sorry your team sucks.
Right here!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28476780/astros-jeff-luhnow-aj-hinch-fired-sign-stealing

Sorry your team cheats!
South Platte
lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

Video backs up your claim that the Astros were recognizing pitches before they were thrown? Ok. What about the use of electronic devices? Where is the support for that, champ?

Sorry your team sucks.
Right here!

Sorry your team cheats!
This must be a really fun day for you. Keep them coming!!

ORAggieFan
South Platte said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

Sorry your team sucks.
Right here!

Sorry your team cheats!

Like I said earlier in this thread, the intelligent fans of the Astros weren't posting in this thread (excluding a couple who were reasonable). Laughing at those who's refused to believe what was very obvious is very amusing. Anyone with half a brain knew the evidence was overwhelming and they'd be punished severely, yet so many continued to argue against it. Guessing the won't come back to this thread.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Wow. The people of Arlington are so desperate for this to be a bigger deal then it is.

MLB knew teams were doing this. The Astros will get a slap on the wrist and life will go on.

The Astros will still be spanking dat ass for years to come. Ya'll are almost as sad as the Dems praying for impeachment because you know your team can't beat the Astros between the chalk lines.
Checking in!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

lda6339 said:

Astros fans desperately want to paint this a TEX v HOU or NYY v HOU thing, in reality its MLB v HOU. Need to wait and see what the investigation reveals but a lot of bad evidence is coming out and not much good. We'll see.

In reality its MLB versus every team that may have been bending the rules a bit, which was likely most of the contenders.

I have no problem with anyone wanting legitimate investigation of the mlb culture that possibly lead many teams to do this.

It's the morons like Vermin that only want to focus o the Astros that are worthy of ridicule.

Again, the bottom line is any team found guilty will be slapped on the wrist and life will go on.

The Astros will still be the team to beat in the AL. The 2017 World Series will still be awesome. And Arlington will never win anything of consequnce.
Wanna put money on it?

Yes. I'll gladly take the other side of any bet you're on.
Bummed you said this and then tucked tail, I guess you're glad though. I could've been rich!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

lda6339 said:

lda6339 said:

Astros fans desperately want to paint this a TEX v HOU or NYY v HOU thing, in reality its MLB v HOU. Need to wait and see what the investigation reveals but a lot of bad evidence is coming out and not much good. We'll see.

In reality its MLB versus every team that may have been bending the rules a bit, which was likely most of the contenders.

I have no problem with anyone wanting legitimate investigation of the mlb culture that possibly lead many teams to do this.

It's the morons like Vermin that only want to focus o the Astros that are worthy of ridicule.

Your takes didn't even take 24 hours to go cold, friend. Good thing you wont put your money where your mouth is.

So you honestly think the Astros are the only ones MLB is investigating?

You're dumber then I thought.

And, yes, if they find something from 2019 the Astros are likely in trouble. I have yet to see any credible evidence they will.

If it's just 2017, again, slap on the wrist and life goes on. Keep your hopes up, though. It'll make watching your inevitable disappointment much more enjoyable.
As we say in St. Louis-
oPe!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
South Platte said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

Sorry your team sucks.
Right here!

Sorry your team cheats!

Just trying to save everyone the hassle of going through 15 pages of thread by doing it myself. Look forward to see how many of the people I called out come back to eat crow.
lb3
AG
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
lda6339 said:

Proposition Joe said:

This is why Flexbone posts are so gold... Guy goes from saying "people that believe because of a few allegations the Astros might be guilty are dumbasses" to days later "people that believe that this isn't widespread are dumbasses".

In a few months after penalties are handed out it'll be "people who though the Astros wouldn't be penalized for this are dumbasses".
Flexbone relies heavily on insults to come across like he knows what he's talking about.

Regardless- everything thats came out so far has flown in the face of the narrative the stros have wanted to push. Its gone something like this.

1) accusations come out
"We weren't cheating, this isnt proof, the banging could have been anything"
2) more proof, like, an undeniable amount of proof
"it was legal in 2017"
3) Astros had to be watched for it after 2017
"well there's no proof we were using a camera"
4) a setup exactly like the one Fiers described is his accusations is found in the World Series Video
"a simple monitor is not proof, it proves nothing, that was for replay"
5) well, no - replay is handled somewhere else in MMP.
"well maybe it was to watch at bats, besides even if we did cheat everyone was doing it" (they say with no proof)
6) commissioner says they have no reason to believe anyone else was doing it
"well thats not proof, of course he will say that to protect the league - we'll get a slap on the wrist and be the fall guy"
7) commissioner says he will bring the hammer down if anything is proven
"well we need to wait and see what the investigation says"

They move the goal posts for "proof" of each individual claim instead of realizing the totality of evidence is quite damning. Luckily the internet is forever and in three months when this wraps up, we will all be back here to laugh some more.
Last one!

I was half right-
This did take about three months (off by 7 days)
But the internet is not forever when folks go back and edit their posts. Noticed a lot of blank posts from the stros faithful that had been edited in my review of this thread.

Gig Em and Go Cards!

291 Days and 32 Days
Bobaloo
Junkhead said:

Take the 2017 championship away. They didn't earn it fair and square. Their own player admitted it.

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season

Certainly something to consider. At the end of the day, we are judged by our integrity. Surrendering their "title" would go a long way to restoring it...
GrapevineAg
AG
gambochaman said:

full honesty though

the reason i am the most pissed about this is because i think it was completely unnecessary. The astros were talented enough that i 100% do not believe that this drum banging resulted in a significant number of loses turned to wins, plus they did not do this during the playoffs, where they won four critical road games, including the WS clincher.

this wasnt needed, yet they still did it
But they did do it in the playoffs. At some point, the trash can became a whistle, but the cheating was still happening.

Cromagnum
AG
Bobaloo said:

Junkhead said:

Take the 2017 championship away. They didn't earn it fair and square. Their own player admitted it.

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season

Certainly something to consider. At the end of the day, we are judged by our integrity. Surrendering their "title" would go a long way to restoring it...

All the other teams that cheated to win can start first.
DallasAggie97
AG
I'm sure the Astros feel that it was worth it. They have the trophy still.

Cheating pays.

Vacate WS2017.
DallasAggie97
AG
Surely they knew Darvish's pitches too. They teed off on him like they knew.

Beltran even mentioned something to ARod after that game that Darvish was tipping his pitches.

Bones08
AG
I can't imagine what people like Darvish and Kershaw are thinking.
agsalaska
AG
I was very disappointed when I heard the news today.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.