Astros = CHEATERS

156,436 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would be interested in seeing home/road splits for all that data

Because getting rid of Carlos Gomez and Chris Carter and Evan Gattis and adding Alex Bregman would seem to cause a drastic change as well
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Question for the non-stros fans, are we pretending to be surprised? Just trying to know how to act? Agreed with OP, make an example of these guys.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
astros4545 said:

Because getting rid of Carlos Gomez and Chris Carter and Evan Gattis and adding Alex Bregman would seem to cause a drastic change as well

In 2017 they were light years better in the road offensively. It's easy to cherry pick video of a homer. How about all those 1-2 run games at home

But I'm not denying something shady was going on
94chem
If it's widespread, then more teams would be mixing up their signs with the bases empty. I have not observed this, and would assume that most teams think they're okay with no runners on base. If there were significant cheating, teams would acknowledge it by changing signs. It would be the expected level of paranoia.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
astros4545 said:

Yeah, the strikeout data doesn't move the needle for me. Do they realize who the Astros had on their team prior to 2017? Replacing those guys was huge for K/BB ratios.
Cromagnum
AG
Danny Vermin said:

This should shock no-one as the Astros are trash just like their fans. Not only was 2017 a fluke, it was only because they cheated. It should be taken off the record books.

Username checks out
Flexbone
It's always fun to see the idiots that inhabit our jury pools. "Look, he's accused, he MUST be guilty!"

Good Lord. More proof that most people are complete morons.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
That film analysis posted above cannot be from the World Series or any playoff game in Houston, based on the number of empty seats alone. A full stadium of screaming fans, I don't buy it.
8T2
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

That film analysis posted above cannot be from the World Series or any playoff game in Houston, based on the number of empty seats alone. A full stadium of screaming fans, I don't buy it.

Based on the empty seats? How about based on the fact that it was against the White Sox?
6-4-3
AG
Home vs Road in 2017...

Check batting stats. Check team record home v away. Most fans in Houston wondered why we were so awful at home.

Then...we lost all home games in ACLS last year and we lost all World Series games this year at home.

So...not buying!!!!!!
94chem
Why is the guilt being debated? The Astros essentially admitted doing it. Pretty much all over except for determining severity, mitigating circumstances, and penalties.
Marvin
AG
Danny Vermin said:

This should shock no-one as the Astros are trash just like their fans. Not only was 2017 a fluke, it was only because they cheated. It should be taken off the record books.

Calling fellow Aggies trash. Nice.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Oh the outrage
mazag08
AG
If banging on trash cans is cheating then it's absolutely amazing Oakland hasn't won a World Series recently.
RAB91
Doug Ross
AG
Astros are trash
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Boiling Denim
Weekend Commuter said:

Home vs Road in 2017...

Check batting stats. Check team record home v away. Most fans in Houston wondered why we were so awful at home.

Then...we lost all home games in ACLS last year and we lost all World Series games this year at home.

So...not buying!!!!!!
The Astros home futility in the playoffs the last two years points to an even more worrisome trend

The Astros hitters got so reliant on stealing signs at home they became completely worthless when that advantage was taken away from them

It really helps explain how this team has lost 7 straight home games in the series they've been eliminated in
JJxvi
AG
Lol, fans can be so dumb
jkag89
03_Aggie
Boiling Denim said:

Weekend Commuter said:

Home vs Road in 2017...

So...not buying!!!!!!
The Astros home futility in the playoffs the last two years points to an even more worrisome trend

The Astros hitters got so reliant on stealing signs at home they became completely worthless when that advantage was taken away from them

It really helps explain how this team has lost 7 straight home games in the series they've been eliminated in

Bingo. They can't hit without stealing signs. It's why they lost all their home games and won all of their road games in the WS.

It doesn't take a genius to know the camera rules only apply to the home team. Doesn't say anything about setting up your own camera system at away parks. This is why the Astros are so much better than other teams...they are always two steps in front of the rules.
Flexbone
03_Aggie said:

Boiling Denim said:

Weekend Commuter said:

Home vs Road in 2017...

So...not buying!!!!!!

Bingo. They can't hit without stealing signs. It's why they lost all their home games and won all of their road games in the WS.

It doesn't take a genius to know the camera rules only apply to the home team. Doesn't say anything about setting up your own camera system at away parks. This is why the Astros are so much better than other teams...they are always two steps in front of the rules.

So...we have conflicting accounts of the real story, yet you're assuming one is true vs the other with zero proof, and on top of THAT...you're assigning causation.

How bitter can you be?
Deluxe
AG
Over the last three years, the Astros have played a lot of playoff games and have very mixed results at home and on the road. Trying to use those results to say the Astros did or didn't use technology to steal signs is very, very dumb.
jkag89
Quote:

Is your argument then they can still steal signs on the road? But how would that explain the ALDS when they won the home games and not the road games?
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

It doesn't take a genius to know the camera rules only apply to the home team. Doesn't say anything about setting up your own camera system at away parks.

And you do realize this all supposedly went down in 2017. No mention of any of this happening in 2019. Hell MLB has officials in dugouts, in viedos rooms, and even conducted camera audits to combat all this.

Good try though
Silent For Too Long
There is zero evidence to collaborate the theory they were stealing signs on the road.

You've somehow managed to make the Rangers fanbase look even dumber then they already were.

Congrats.
Flexbone
lda6339 said:

Question for the non-stros fans, are we pretending to be surprised? Just trying to know how to act? Agreed with OP, make an example of these guys.

This coming from a fan of a team who illegally stole proprietary information from the team he's spent the entire season hoping to lose. Weird they'd do that, and be serving jail time to boot, if the only reason the Astros were good was because they stole signs.

I've never seen a more pathetic grown man. Hanging out on World Series threads when "his team" is sitting on their couches.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

This coming from a fan of a team who illegally stole proprietary information from the team he's spent the entire season hoping to lose. Weird they'd do that, and be serving jail time to boot, if the only reason the Astros were good was because they stole signs.

I've never seen a more pathetic grown man. Hanging out on World Series threads when "his team" is sitting on their couches.

Do you feel better now?
Flexbone
lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Do you feel better now?

How stupid do you have to be to not appreciate the irony in your posts? You've spent MONTHS camping out in Astros threads praying they'd lose so you'd feel better about your ****ty team.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Do you feel better now?

How stupid do you have to be to not appreciate the irony in your posts? You've spent MONTHS camping out in Astros threads praying they'd lose so you'd feel better about your ****ty team.
Its 8am on a Wednesday and its cold outside. I'm commenting on an MLB team being accused of cheating, you're calling a stranger on the internet pathetic.

Stop it. Get some help.
wangus12
AG
jkag89 said:

Quote:

Is your argument then they can still steal signs on the road? But how would that explain the ALDS when they won the home games and not the road games?
How would you explain the 17 ALCS as well when we got curbstomped 3x in NY.
Flexbone
lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Do you feel better now?

Its 8am on a Wednesday and its cold outside. I'm commenting on an MLB team being accused of cheating, you're calling a stranger on the internet pathetic.

Stop it. Get some help.

And why am I doing that? Anyone who spends any time here knows you. And again...irony on multiple counts. The CARDINALS are accusing someone else of cheating...a team they illegally stole information from.
South Platte
Looks like we need to break out the timeless * again . . .

1994 Houston Rockets *
1995 Houston Rockets *
2017 Houston Astros *

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Do you feel better now?

Stop it. Get some help.

And why am I doing that? Anyone who spends any time here knows you. And again...irony on multiple counts. The CARDINALS are accusing someone else of cheating...a team they illegally stole information from.
Quote:

And why am I doing that?
I can think of a couple reasons......
Quote:

The CARDINALS are accusing someone else of cheating
The Cardinals aren't accusing anyone. A former Astro is accusing them.
ETA: I'm surprised you know me, I have literally no idea who you are or when I've interacted with you in the past.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.