Astros = CHEATERS

156,387 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flexbone said:

investorAg83 said:

I find it interesting that having an opinion on the situation that is also in line with the overwhelming majority of players and analysts suggests that the person knows nothing about the game.

Ummm, what are you talking about? Please give us a list of all players and analysts in existence, and then show us who shares your opinion.

Once again, not a single Ranger fan has even responded to my request that the team erase their division titles from their roid teams of the 90s.

It was addressed several pages back. Keep up. With Bagwell, Caminiti, etc, you have no room to gloat. Regardless, steroids truly was a league wide issue, it remains to be seen hoe prominent cheat gate is/was.

Flexbone
KT 90 said:

Flexbone said:

investorAg83 said:

I find it interesting that having an opinion on the situation that is also in line with the overwhelming majority of players and analysts suggests that the person knows nothing about the game.

Ummm, what are you talking about? Please give us a list of all players and analysts in existence, and then show us who shares your opinion.

Once again, not a single Ranger fan has even responded to my request that the team erase their division titles from their roid teams of the 90s.

It was addressed several pages back. Keep up. With Bagwell, Caminiti, etc, you have no room to gloat. Regardless, steroids truly was a league wide issue, it remains to be seen hoe prominent cheat gate is/was.

Sorry, buddy. I'm a pretty busy guy, and thus don't always have time to "keep up" with some bull**** thread full of crybabies. Not sure if it's a league wide issue? The Giants were doing it in NINETEEN FIFTY ONE.

But yeah...I'm sure it's...somehow...unheard of.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone said:

KT 90 said:

Flexbone said:

investorAg83 said:

Sorry, buddy. I'm a pretty busy guy, and thus don't always have time to "keep up" with some bull**** thread full of crybabies. Not sure if it's a league wide issue? The Giants were doing it in NINETEEN FIFTY ONE.

Yea InvestorAg, this guy is a tax lawyer and he's super busy. No way he has time keep up with a thread he's been following for 40 pages or to drink beer at the chicken
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

Then why do you care about the Rangers so much? Or who my team is?

I don't like Dallas, but the rangers aren't on my radar. Let me know if you feel the same about my stros. You can call me out when I start posting on a thread dedicated to Arlington
I mean, if they were involved in a huge scandal, plenty of people will (and should) post about it.

They're involved in something called baseball, you dumb potato.
MaxPower
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28847166/angels-fire-visiting-clubhouse-manager-aiding-opposing-pitchers

Bauer estimates 70% of pitchers use foreign substances (including himself). I find it interesting no one bothers to call him out for his blatant hypocrisy but the bigger question I have is why violating an actual rule is just another Wednesday in baseball but violating a memo by using a camera to do what is otherwise perfectly legal makes you the biggest cheaters in the history of the game.
investorAg83
AG
MaxPower said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28847166/angels-fire-visiting-clubhouse-manager-aiding-opposing-pitchers

Bauer estimates 70% of pitchers use foreign substances (including himself). I find it interesting no one bothers to call him out for his blatant hypocrisy but the bigger question I have is why violating an actual rule is just another Wednesday in baseball but violating a memo by using a camera to do what is otherwise perfectly legal makes you the biggest cheaters in the history of the game.
So the Angels let go of the visiting clubhouse manager for assisting opposing teams and you want to know what the difference is?

If the Astros gave access to the more than 40 cameras they installed all over the park to the visiting clubs instead of using it themselves and banging trash cans, I doubt you'd have the outrage. If they weren't so damn smug about everything before and even after they got caught, I doubt you'd have this outrage.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Typical. All that writing and you never comment on the fact that a pitcher says 70% of pitchers in baseball are cheating. Astros should never apologize for being better at cheating than the rest of the league.
investorAg83
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Typical. All that writing and you never comment on the fact that a pitcher says 70% of pitchers in baseball are cheating. Astros should never apologize for being better at cheating than the rest of the league.

You still don't get it. Doctoring the ball is like juicing.

What the Astros did is not like juicing.

I just want this season to start at this point...I think the Astros are going to take a step back this year. The A's will be the team to beat in the west.
KT 90
AG
Flexbone said:

KT 90 said:

Flexbone said:

investorAg83 said:

Lol. Suuure. You've posted on this thread repeatedly, but you're a real busy guy. Ok.

And what the Giants or anybody else did years ago pales in comparison to the levels the Astros went to. And probably the Red Sox as well. Hopefully we'll actually get a report on that soon.
03_Aggie
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

I just want this season to start at this point...I think the Astros are going to take a step back this year. The A's will be the team to beat in the west.

Wtf?
MaxPower
investorAg83 said:

MaxPower said:

So the Angels let go of the visiting clubhouse manager for assisting opposing teams and you want to know what the difference is?

If the Astros gave access to the more than 40 cameras they installed all over the park to the visiting clubs instead of using it themselves and banging trash cans, I doubt you'd have the outrage. If they weren't so damn smug about everything before and even after they got caught, I doubt you'd have this outrage.
Huh? They should have fired that idiot. What does that have to do with my comment?
SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Lol you should bet that. Could make you a lot of money, considering Vegas and anyone who knows baseball would disagree.
SquirrellyDan
AG
KT 90 said:

Flexbone said:

KT 90 said:

Flexbone said:

investorAg83 said:

Lol. Suuure. You've posted on this thread repeatedly, but you're a real busy guy. Ok.

And what the Giants or anybody else did years ago pales in comparison to the levels the Astros went to. And probably the Red Sox as well. Hopefully we'll actually get a report on that soon.

Giants and everyone else in those years literally broke laws. The Astros ignored a memo that wasn't even in the rule books and mlb was still considering maybe adding it to the rule books in 2017. You are right, it does pale in comparison.
investorAg83
AG
The point is that if one team is doctoring a ball, so is another team. It's rampant throughout the league and doesn't give one team an advantage over another. It's the same thing with 'roids. No one really gave a **** about it because everyone knew what was happening and no single team had an advantage.

With the Astros, they CLEARLY had an advantage over the other teams they were playing and ran wild with it. Give the other team a direct feed camera and some cans to bang and we can call it even.

Do you really not get the difference?
SquirrellyDan
AG
So literally breaking laws with steroids is fine but finding a way to gain an advantage without breaking any rules is just awful.

You people crying say that the Astros can't use the fact that others were doing something similar as an argument. Then you say that steroids didn't matter because everyone was doing it. Good argument.
investorAg83
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

So literally breaking laws with steroids is fine but finding a way to gain an advantage without breaking any rules is just awful.

You people crying say that the Astros can't use the fact that others were doing something similar as an argument. Then you say that steroids didn't matter because everyone was doing it. Good argument.
This is where you lose me. Maybe so but every time it comes up in discussion with current players, they claim the Astros were doing it different. Time will tell but I completely disagree with the idea that they were just doing the same thing everyone else was doing.
SquirrellyDan
AG
The Astros were doing it differently. That's called gaining an advantage. And they did so while operating in a gray area that wasn't in the rulebook. And the vast majority of players, current or former, have not said a single thing about it.
If you think finding a way to gain an advantage over other teams is wrong, you shouldn't be a sports fan.
investorAg83
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

The Astros were doing it differently. That's called gaining an advantage. And they did so while operating in a gray area that wasn't in the rulebook. And the vast majority of players, current or former, have not said a single thing about it.
If you think finding a way to gain an advantage over other teams is wrong, you shouldn't be a sports fan.
Whatever...there's a right way to do it and a wrong way. They stole signs and relayed the info the wrong way and violated the integrity of the game.

And the 'vast majority of players not saying a thing' is nothing but semantics.

I can't believe I was goaded into this thread by that moron claiming knowing whether a pitch was a fastball or a breaking ball didn't give an advantage. I don't give a **** about an asterisk or giving up titles or any of that...I didn't really care when it was all put out in the open. Shocked at the level they went to, but not that outraged. The smugness since then is what I can't stand. I just wish the players would admit 'yeah...I guess we took it too far compared to the other clubs and we're sorry our actions eroded the integrity of the game that we all love.' But no; they've been ****heads about the entire thing before the investigation and after. Eff them.
03_Aggie
Oh there's definitely a moron on this thread. It's just not the person you think it is.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Nice to see Flexbone STILL doesn't give a single, solitary, **** about pro sports. Defending the **** out of a pro sports team and referring to them as "we" is for the lowest common denominators in society.
investorAg83
AG
Ok, bud.
htxag09
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

This is where you lose me. Maybe so but every time it comes up in discussion with current players, they claim the Astros were doing it different. Time will tell but I completely disagree with the idea that they were just doing the same thing everyone else was doing.
Right, because baseball players don't have a history of being pompous *******s and doubling down on their cheating by flat out lying to everyone.

SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Whatever...there's a right way to do it and a wrong way. They stole signs and relayed the info the wrong way and violated the integrity of the game.

I can't believe I was goaded into this thread by that moron claiming knowing whether a pitch was a fastball or a breaking ball didn't give an advantage. I don't give a **** about an asterisk or giving up titles or any of that...I didn't really care when it was all put out in the open. Shocked at the level they went to, but not that outraged. The smugness since then is what I can't stand. I just wish the players would admit 'yeah...I guess we took it too far compared to the other clubs and we're sorry our actions eroded the integrity of the game that we all love.' But no; they've been ****heads about the entire thing before the investigation and after. Eff them.

Whoever was arguing about the off speed pitches is an idiot. And honestly if I wasn't a Houston fan I wouldn't be able to stand Bregman. But being smug is a by-product or winning, regardless if the way they won isn't acceptable to you.

People should be more upset about us tanking for years to stack money and players. People should be upset about how we stole Yordan Alvarez. People are likely to be super upset to see how well we do this year, without "cheating."

ETA: would love to hear about all the right ways and wrong ways to win in baseball. Lol
Aggies2009
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Sorry, man. I tried to warn you. There are a few who are all too happy with lying and cheating, so long as they can tell themselves "others did it!" and so long as they can wear their hats or something. You're not going to get anywhere with them.

Of the players who HAVE spoken about it, they're overwhelmingly against it. Silence is not a vote in favor of it.
03_Aggie
Aggies2009 said:

investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Sorry, man. I tried to warn you. There are a few who are all too happy with lying and cheating, so long as they can tell themselves "others did it!" and so long as they can wear their hats or something. You're not going to get anywhere with them.

Of the players who HAVE spoken about it, they're overwhelmingly against it. Silence is not a vote in favor of it.

The jokes write themselves.
gomerschlep
AG
So a little late to the thread... Is there actually stuff relevant to this developing story being posted? Or just the typical TexAgs slap-fighting?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It was a decent discussion, but we're pretty much on round 12 of the same arguments. No minds have been changed. Almost everyone's been called a moron. So TexAgs business as usual.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Ranger #007 said:

It was a decent discussion, but we're pretty much on round 12 of the same arguments. No minds have been changed. Almost everyone's been called a moron. So TexAgs business as usual.

Amen. A ranger I agree with. Great post
dave94
AG
I stayed away from this thread for a few days and now back to seeing the same bullsh. Astros fans still not being able to admit that what happened was wrong because "hey we just cheated better". Nice.

I respect the hell out of the fans that say they are actually somewhat saddened or at least wishing their championship team hadn't done that. I think that's how we all would hope to be if our Ags were ever in that situation.
MaxPower
They violated a memo. They were punished and they issued an apology. The question isn't whether we think it was appropriate behavior, it wasn't and no Astros fan thinks it was. We are defensive for 2 reasons:

1) The holier than thou crowd of a-holes who think the Astros are devils and should have their title expunged. They completely disregard any past cheating that has occurred throughout baseball history, including by "their" team, because every team has done it in some level. We already know this is not in the rule book and MLB doesn't even enforce actual rulebook violations (foreign substances, steroids in the 90s). There is no measuring stick of severity because of the complete lack of consistency. Sometimes it's perfectly ok, sometimes it somehow violates the sanctity of the game whose virtue has already been tarnished a hundred over times over already.

2) The complete lack of any effort to find out how extensive this is. It's had the smell of a witch hunt from the beginning. Numerous players have stated this happens elsewhere. Complaints have been filed with the league office (per the Commish himself). Yet only the Astros have a 3 month investigation that includes FBI style email analysis and interviews with every player where immunity is granted for the truth. Beyond how unfair it is, it's idiotic because the league office doesn't understand all the mechanisms other teams used and therefor doesn't know how to enforce the very sanctity they claim to hold so dear.
LE_Funt
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

They stole signs and relayed the info the wrong way and violated the integrity of the game.

Curious what the "right way" is to relay stolen signs and how that equates with "integrity".
Trucker 96
You're still here not caring? Pathetic. Can we please have the name of your firm so that we never accidentally hire someone with such a complete lack of self awareness. Can't be helpful.
bigcat22
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B9coisEnuna
SquirrellyDan
AG
Was watching interaction between Mets and Astros in a preseason game. Players were laughing and interacting like buddies for the most part. So much for "everyone" being so offended and against about this whole thing.
dixichkn
AG
bigcat22 said:

https://instagr.am/p/B9coisEnuna
Wonder if he was still wearing that same goofy sh**eating grin we last saw him with while he was signing

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.