Astros = CHEATERS

157,265 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggies2009 said:

Ranger #007 said:

Saying they were good enough ain't the same thing as saying the outcome would have been the same. No one knows because they cheated.
I'd quit wasting my breath. SquirrleyDan is either so delusional that he ACTUALLY believes the straw man arguments he attacks, or he intentionally mischaracterizes posts/arguments. Either way, it's not really worth engaging.

His argument is literally "other teams do it!" which is why he's trying to desperately to find who I'm a fan of- so he can say, "THAT TEAM CHEATED IN X YEAR!!" But tu quoque arguments don't really hold water when we're talking Astros cheating, so he can keep asking and I'll keep laughing at that attempt.

Glad to see you're back to using your Debate Word of the Day calendar. You've brought it hard on this thread.
Aggies2009
AG
03_Aggie said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ranger #007 said:

Saying they were good enough ain't the same thing as saying the outcome would have been the same. No one knows because they cheated.
I'd quit wasting my breath. SquirrleyDan is either so delusional that he ACTUALLY believes the straw man arguments he attacks, or he intentionally mischaracterizes posts/arguments. Either way, it's not really worth engaging.

His argument is literally "other teams do it!" which is why he's trying to desperately to find who I'm a fan of- so he can say, "THAT TEAM CHEATED IN X YEAR!!" But tu quoque arguments don't really hold water when we're talking Astros cheating, so he can keep asking and I'll keep laughing at that attempt.

Glad to see you're back to using your Debate Word of the Day calendar. You've brought it hard on this thread.

Don't commit fallacies, they won't get called out. It's simple.
irish pete ag06
AG
Aggies2009 said:

03_Aggie said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ranger #007 said:

Don't commit fallacies, they won't get called out. It's simple.

You're pretty phallusy.
Aggies2009
AG
Um, good one! Right up there with calling someone a dweeb.
irish pete ag06
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Actually my joke was a pun so calling someone something literal would be a false equivalency.
Aggies2009
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Actually my joke was a pun so calling someone something literal would be a false equivalency.

Cool.
03_Aggie
Take it easy. He's not even through the first quarter of this year's calendar.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Ranger #007 said:

A fan of baseball is a fan of cheating, it's 120 year plus history shows that. Maybe you're not a fan at all and just hate Houston. That's fine, I enjoy talking about my team and you enjoy talking about my team.

ETA: they didn't break any rules, banner still hangs, and we are still among the best few teams in baseball. We took the punishment. As the season goes on I have a strong feeling you'll be posting less and less while staying glued to the tv, pining for Astros losses. Baseball is happy to have another interested party.
BullSprig07
AG
I don't have a lot of regrets in life but commenting on this thread and continuing to open it when I see the little blue envelope is one of them.
investorAg83
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ranger #007 said:

A fan of baseball is a fan of cheating, it's 120 year plus history shows that. Maybe you're not a fan at all and just hate Houston. That's fine, I enjoy talking about my team and you enjoy talking about my team.

ETA: they didn't break any rules, banner still hangs, and we are still among the best few teams in baseball. We took the punishment. As the season goes on I have a strong feeling you'll be posting less and less while staying glued to the tv, pining for Astros losses. Baseball is happy to have another interested party.

Umm...what???

Alderson's Memo from 2001: Please be reminded that the use of electronic equipment during a game is restricted. No club shall use electronic equipment, including walkie-talkies and cellular telephones, to communicate to, or with, any on-field personnel, including those in the dugout, bullpen, field and during the game the clubhouse. Such equipment may not be used for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a club an advantage.
Flexbone
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ranger #007 said:

Umm...what???

Alderson's Memo from 2001: Please be reminded that the use of electronic equipment during a game is restricted. No club shall use electronic equipment, including walkie-talkies and cellular telephones, to communicate to, or with, any on-field personnel, including those in the dugout, bullpen, field and during the game the clubhouse. Such equipment may not be used for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a club an advantage.

Perhaps you need instruction on what constitutes a "rule" or a "law." When the IRS issues a Chief Counsel MEMORANDUM, it's not part of the Code. It's an opinion.
investorAg83
AG
Well that 'opinion' seems to be getting enforced with penalties and guys are losing their jobs...better let them know that it was just an opinion.

This isn't 'Nam...there are rules.
Flexbone
investorAg83 said:

Well that 'opinion' seems to be getting enforced with penalties and guys are losing their jobs...better let them know that it was just an opinion.

Nam? What the hell are you talking about?

It's not a rule. The Astros and any team could challenge it. The league "enforcing it" doesn't make it a rule. The government routinely enforces its own agency regulations that are later determine to violate the actual law that allowed their very creation. The Astros aren't because of the PR (just look at all the ****ing babies like you crying about it like it's some stain on the game while proudly flying banners won by steroid raging meatheads). But if the punishment were harsh enough I bet they would.

Absolutely hilarious watching some of you act like the sanctity of the game is being tarnished when the entire game is and always has been crooked.
SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

Yup. Managers lost jobs. Title stands. If it was something unique title would have been taken. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, at the end of 2017, mlb was still considering adding the contents of the memo to the rule book.

ETA: at this point you've made such a fool Of yourself I think you're a paid man from the mlb....all you have done is prove that random losers who have no team in the fight are paying attention to the champs. Go stros!
South Platte
Your account needs to be suspended if you don't get the Nam reference. That automatically voids all of your arguments.
investorAg83
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

investorAg83 said:

Yup. Managers lost jobs. Title stands. If it was something unique title would have been taken. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, at the end of 2017, mlb was still considering adding the contents of the memo to the rule book.

ETA: at this point you've made such a fool Of yourself I think you're a paid man from the mlb....all you have done is prove that random losers who have no team in the fight are paying attention to the champs. Go stros!

Who's talking about the Nationals?
SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

investorAg83 said:

Who's talking about the Nationals?

I'm sorry. Thought the thread was about the big, bad, mind destroying 2017 world champion Astros.
Aggies2009
AG
South Platte said:

Your account needs to be suspended if you don't get the Nam reference. That automatically voids all of your arguments.
Mark it zero.
Aggies2009
AG
Then why do you care about the Rangers so much? Or who my team is?
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Just curious what team you root for or even if you're a fan of baseball at all. You're arguments lead me to believe you know nothing about the game yet you have so much time invested in the 2017 world champion Astros. Baseball appreciates your efforts, regardless of who you root for. Keep watching!
investorAg83
AG
I find it interesting that having an opinion on the situation that is also in line with the overwhelming majority of players and analysts suggests that the person knows nothing about the game.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Aggies2009 said:

I'm saying who I'm a fan of is irrelevant. Only spoke of the Rangers because it's hilarious how Astros fans try so hard to dismiss all criticism as Rangers fans.

Again, this thread is about the Astros cheating. Who I'm a fan of is irrelevant.
Only a Ranger fan would use such dumb circular logic.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone do you want to split a beer at the chicken? We're both Texas Aggies after all
Aggies2009
AG
investorAg83 said:

I find it interesting that having an opinion on the situation that is also in line with the overwhelming majority of players and analysts suggests that the person knows nothing about the game.
Those players and analysts are all just bitter Rangers fans, didn't you know? It's literally everyone else who's wrong, not the Astros fans!
SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

The overwhelming majority of players have said nothing. If you disagree You're dumb.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

investorAg83 said:

Those players and analysts are all just bitter Rangers fans, didn't you know? It's literally everyone else who's wrong, not the Astros fans!

Just like "investor" guy....the overwhelming majority of players are absolutely silent about the whole thing. That should tell you something. The loudest voices are the same idiots who claim we were doing something special to have guys like fiers come here and all the sudden pitch great. Like you, they're idiots and haters
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

I don't like Dallas, but the rangers aren't on my radar. Let me know if you feel the same about my stros. You can call me out when I start posting on a thread dedicated to Arlington
ac04
are you going to play goalie on this thread for the entire season?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Seems like this thread is past due for a lock or something. I'm pretty sure every argument from every conceivable angle has been made at least ten times.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Seems like this thread is past due for a lock or something. I'm pretty sure every argument from every conceivable angle has been made at least ten times.

True story. And the Astros are still 2017 world champs.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Whatever helps you sleep at night in ignorance!
Marvin
AG
Ranger #007 said:

No!!!! It almost has equal traffic as the Rangers off-season thread, so I'd hate to see it shut down just yet. SquirrellyDan might have skewed the numbers by owning half the posts (doing the Lord's work is a 24/7 proposition)... but then I noticed Texas fans have spent numerous pages on their thread complaining about the new MMP knockoff warehouse, so it might be equal yet.

Seriously, though, I do hope it will be locked at the start of the season and we can get back to a singular trash-talking thread about actual baseball play. I have a feeling there will be plenty of ammo for both sides this year.
Flexbone
investorAg83 said:

Ummm, what are you talking about? Please give us a list of all players and analysts in existence, and then show us who shares your opinion.

Once again, not a single Ranger fan has even responded to my request that the team erase their division titles from their roid teams of the 90s.
Flexbone
Chipotlemonger said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night in ignorance!

Sounds like you're the one consoling himself about the Rangers.
Aggies2009
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Aggies2009 said:

I don't like Dallas, but the rangers aren't on my radar. Let me know if you feel the same about my stros. You can call me out when I start posting on a thread dedicated to Arlington
I mean, if they were involved in a huge scandal, plenty of people will (and should) post about it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.