Astros = CHEATERS

156,381 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the most excitement Arlington fans have had in quite some time.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
03_Aggie said:

This is the most excitement Arlington fans have had in quite some time.
Gulf Oil!
wbt5845
AG
TexasRebel said:

If you don't want somebody to steal your signals in a game, either:
1) don't send any
2) get better encryption
Seriously, are you trying to be willfully ignorant? Use of electronics from the stands for stealing signs is forbidden by MLB. All the teams agreed to it to help speed the game up.

Yeah, delivery to the plate slows to a crawl when a man's on second for a reason. You want that all the time?
TexasRebel
AG
Reread

If there are no signs there are no signs to steal.

On the other hand, if you think every bird on a wire in New Jersey is an indication of what pitch is about to be thrown in Arizona it'll waste a lot of time while you try to figure nothing out.
Aggies2009
AG
TexasRebel said:

Reread

On the other hand, if you think every bird on a wire in New Jersey is an indication of what pitch is about to be thrown in Arizona it'll waste a lot of time while you try to figure nothing out.
This sounds a lot like victim blaming.

"If you don't want the Astros to blatantly ignore the very clear rules and cheat, don't use signs!"
TXAggie2011
AG
TexasRebel said:

Reread

I'm positive that (probably all) teams have tried to figure out how to not have signs, and yet they haven't figured it out yet.

If someone can figure it out, then great.

But at this point this isn't a serious suggestion and almost akin to the Astros being told by a Nationals fan like myself "if you didn't want Trey Turner to run into his glove, then don't throw the ball."

It's not a perfect analogy, but you get the point.
mazag08
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

TexasRebel said:

Reread

I'm positive that (probably all) teams have tried to figure out how to not have signs, and yet they haven't figured it out yet.

If someone can figure it out, then great.

But at this point this isn't a serious suggestion and almost akin to the Astros being told by a Nationals fan like myself "if you didn't want Trey Turner to run into his glove, then don't throw the ball."

It's not a perfect analogy, but you get the point.
Nationals fan who doesn't know how to spell star shortstop's name?
ClickClack
AG
Danny Vermin said:

This should shock no-one as the Astros are trash just like their fans. Not only was 2017 a fluke, it was only because they cheated. It should be taken off the record books.

Poor shlub
03_Aggie
A nationals fan because being a rangers fan is too embarrassing at the moment.
TexasRebel
AG
Except the prohibition is against using electronics to get an edge, not against reading signs.
Danny Vermin
They need to strip the "title " and banish everyone in charge from Hinch on up for at least one year and take away their entire draft for two years.
TheAngelFlight
TexasRebel said:

Except the prohibition is against using electronics to get an edge, not against reading signs.

Dumb made dumber by use of laugh/cry
TheAngelFlight
2011 has posted about being/posted as a Nats fan for years.
TexasRebel
AG
I can't prevent other's lack of intelligence.
TheAngelFlight
You're really going to double down that a square isn't a rectangle? I respect the conviction.
MelvinUdall
Junkhead said:

Take the 2017 championship away. They didn't earn it fair and square. Their own player admitted it.

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season

Not defending true cheating, but if you believe this doesn't happens across all of baseball, you're either naive or ignorant.
Doug Ross
AG
The difference for those who try to compare this to the second baseman looking at signs:

Reading signs the way baseball intends and has accepted:

The Astros:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggies2009
AG
TexasRebel said:

I guess you missed the part where they were using technology to read the signs?
Aggies2009
AG
MelvinUdall said:

Junkhead said:

Take the 2017 championship away. They didn't earn it fair and square. Their own player admitted it.

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season

Not defending true cheating, but if you believe this doesn't happens across all of baseball, you're either naive or ignorant.

Out comes the whataboutism. Awesome.
bigcat22
AG
So the Astros fans appear to be going with the whole "yeah we cheated, but it didn't really help that much" route, interesting strategy
astros4545
AG
I haven't checked today, but has there been any claims of the Astros breaking any official rules yet?

I'm guessing no
MelvinUdall
Aggies2009 said:

MelvinUdall said:

Junkhead said:

No whataboutism, just making a declarative fact. If that hurts your feelings that you believe your team isn't complicit in the same process, I am sorry.
TheAngelFlight
Even if that were "declarative fact", that's still whataboutism.
MelvinUdall
TheAngelFlight said:

Even if that were "declarative fact", that's still whataboutism.

Uggh...this response is so much like the steroid era.
Ciboag96
03_Aggie
Danny Vermin said:

They need to strip the "title " and banish everyone in charge from Hinch on up for at least one year and take away their entire draft for two years.

Agree. Folks forget that fiers isn't the first former Astro to confirm they steal signs. I think Conger broke the story in the middle of the playoffs.
ORAggieFan
astros4545 said:

I haven't checked today, but has there been any claims of the Astros breaking any official rules yet?

I'm guessing no
Uh, yes. That's exactly was is being claimed. MLB rules, including in 2017, said it was illegal to use electronic devices to steal signs.
TexasRebel
AG
So prove that they were using electronic devices to steal signs.
TexasRebel
AG
TheAngelFlight said:

You're really going to double down that a square isn't a rectangle? I respect the conviction.

Show me anywhere in history that I've made this claim.
MelvinUdall
03_Aggie said:

Danny Vermin said:

Agree. Folks forget that fiers isn't the first former Astro to confirm they steal signs. I think Conger broke the story in the middle of the playoffs.

You honestly can't be for real? I swear, I am not sure who your team is that you follow, but if you are this ignorant about baseball, you may be best suited to follow football. Oh wait, they do the same thing...
Nino Brown
Denial is apart of the stages of grief when you're team sucks balls just like when you lose a loved one. If you don't believe that every hitter from age five to the MLB isn't looking for signs of what pitch is coming before every pitch then you're either an idiot or never played baseball before.

Also, can we get multiple videos of this at bat to confirm sound was edited or another time?

Lastly, if Mike Fiers wanted to "help the younger guys out" by telling them "this type of thing happens so be prepared." Surely it would of helped them better at that time by bringing it up versus waiting to make sure you didn't burn any bridges before getting your next contract. Bunch of bs
Prime0882
AG
Aggies2009 said:

MelvinUdall said:

Junkhead said:

Out comes your head in the sand. Baseball, and any sport involving tons of money, is not pure. If MLB's investigation finds the Astros used technology, I'm sure there will be repercussions. Talk of stripping titles is ludicrous.

You going to strip the titles of teams during the steroids era? The Red Sox after they were fined for the same thing last year?
ORAggieFan
TexasRebel said:

You asked if there were any claims.

If the eye witness testimony isn't enough proof or the videos verifying the noise, then I don't know what you need. But, you asked if anyone claimed they were cheating and that is exactly what happened.
Bregxit
AG
Aggies2009 said:

TexasRebel said:

I guess you missed the part where they were using technology to read the signs?

Did you miss where 2017 (the year everyone is picking on the Astros about) comes before 2019 (the year rules were put in place)?
Flexbone
ORAggieFan said:

TexasRebel said:

You asked if there were any claims.

If the eye witness testimony isn't enough proof or the videos verifying the noise, then I don't know what you need. But, you asked if anyone claimed they were cheating and that is exactly what happened.

The "eye witness testimony" is disputed. Sounds on a video are hardly rock solid evidence.

As I've said, this thread is yet another example of why our justice system is so screwed up. People immediately believe allegations and assume guilt. Even if this is COMPLETELY TRUE, believing it without reservation at this point just demonstrates what a dumbass someone is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.