Astros = CHEATERS

156,396 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
HTXAG19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Winning was worth it. Hell, we were stealing signs in little league.
tjack16
AG
I'm interested to see if social media, sports writers and baseball fans keep this same hostile energy when the Red Sox get popped.
AggieBlu
AG
Bounty Gate
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
dixichkn
AG
tjholley16 said:

I'm interested to see if social media, sports writers and baseball fans keep this same hostile energy when the Red Sox get popped.
Except they won't. Cora got fired and that'll be it. Watch.
lil99chris
AG
From 2017...

https://sports.yahoo.com/shocking-history-sign-stealing-baseball-053859138.html
SquirrellyDan
AG
Using electronics to steal signs in baseball has only been around for ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY YEARS.....literally:

Quote:

Corcoran scurried toward Chiles and started kicking at the ground, harder and harder, enough that the livid Phillies' groundskeeper told him to stop. Corcoran didn't, and eventually he hit paydirt: a wooden box. He pulled the top off it and found a mess of wires. His suspicions were dead-on: Someone in the stadium was stealing opponents' signals and feeding them to Chiles through electrical pulses into the box. One buzz for a fastball, two jolts for a curveball, three twitches for a changeup. Chiles then verbally fed the pitch to the batter.
https://sports.yahoo.com/shocking-history-sign-stealing-baseball-053859138.html

All you crying and high-blood pressure idiots on this thread should read through that article. Every team in MLB is in the grey area when it comes to cheating. If you're hating on the Astros, maybe you should find another sport. If you're an Arlington fan, you should probably find another sport regardless.

eta: credit to Lil99chris
03_Aggie
Lol. Jeff passan in 2017 "no big deal, been going on forever"

Jeff Passan in 2019 "strip title, ban players, suspend franchise"

MaxPower
Correct. Passan is a bottom feeder and exactly the type of biased loser that results in no one outside LA or NY trusting the media.
annie88
AG
LeBron James can **** off.

Our players will get beaned this year and they'll deal with it. They're tough.

Everyone else can just stuff it.
SquirrellyDan
AG
annie88 said:

Amen! Some random arlington fan arriving in 3, 2, 1.......
Aggies2009
AG
investorAg83 said:

03_Aggie said:

Harold Reynolds.

You're a got damned fool if that's what you gleaned from his 'analysis' of the Altuve at bat.
That's.... been established. Where have you been?!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
annie88 said:

Every non-astro professional athlete is saying the same thing. At some point you have to stop saying "They're just jealous of the success", "They didn't play well enough to beat us anyways", "They were probably doing it too", or "They can **** off" and eventually you have to realize if everyone but a very small select group of people are saying the same thing, that small select group of people is probably missing a piece a of the picture. It is quite literally Flexbone Astros Fans vs the world at this point.
1208HawkTree
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Have you ever played baseball? I want to know.

If you get a tip right before a windup thet a fastball is coming you absolutely have time to recognize and react. Also if it's an off speed (hold back and make it be perfect).

These guys are the best in the world. I can't remember what former player said it but someone said "if I knew a fastball was coming I'd swing even if it was in the opposite batters box"

It is mind bogglingly stupid to think tipping pitches with a sophisticated system that included algorithms in the front office and dugout isn't a massive advantage.

Yes, as a matter of fact I did, and we also occasionally stole signs when the catcher was careless. If the signal was sent from our bench too close to when the pitcher was in his motion, it was distracting IMO.

I'm not saying there was never any advantage, but to say that it benefitted everyone, and didn't possibly even hinder some, is also "mind bogglingly stupid" to put it in your terms.
Cromagnum
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Harold Reynolds said that the whole Altuve/buzzer thing against Chapman was silly. He analyzed the at bat, saw that Chapman couldn't locate his fastball (5 outside pitches in a row), sat on a hanging slider, and killed it.

Also said he never 'immediately ran to the dugout' and showed several minutes of Altuve celebrating on the field after the walk-off.

Right...his argument was that buzzer or no buzzer, the sequence of pitches made it easy to figure out what was coming and Altuve got to a point that he knew he wouldn't get a fastball (almost as if he had the info on the pitch...whether he did or didn't is irrelevant according to Reynolds). He then was able to smash the pitch because he knew he wouldn't get a fastball which flies in the face of everything 03Aggie keeps trying to promote; that knowing you're getting an off speed pitch 'isn't all that beneficial'. That's bull crap.

Buzzer or not, trash cans or not, Reynolds claim is that THAT at bat was easy to figure out. Fine...maybe that AB was. But it doesn't mean they're not the cheating *****s of baseball that they have come out and admitted.

I'm done. Enjoy getting pegged all season long and the black cloud that will forever hang over your franchise.

We'll take the free bases.
SquirrellyDan
AG
lda6339 said:

annie88 said:

Every non-astro professional athlete is saying the same thing. At some point you have to stop saying "They're just jealous of the success", "They didn't play well enough to beat us anyways", "They were probably doing it too", or "They can **** off" and eventually you have to realize if everyone but a very small select group of people are saying the same thing, that small select group of people is probably missing a piece a of the picture. It is quite literally Flexbone Astros Fans vs the world at this point.

It actually does matter that using electronic devices to steal signs has been a thing in baseball since 1900.
annie88
AG
Damn straight.

J. Walter Weatherman
It's been mentioned before, but as a fan of a team who had people literally go to jail for hacking another team, you should probably sit this one out. Not to mention your last World Series was won by a sign stealer.
03_Aggie
J. Walter Weatherman said:

It's been mentioned before, but as a fan of a team who had people literally go to jail for hacking another team, you should probably sit this one out. Not to mention your last World Series was won by a sign stealer.

He probably would've considered it but there's not a lot going on in Cardinal land.

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3075614
Quincey P. Morris
AG
annie88 said:

Damn straight.

Oh please. I can't look at a comment section anywhere without seeing a billion lifelong Astros fans prattling on about their victim status or how they don't care and got the ring. Of course they post a lot for people that don't care but I digress.
SquirrellyDan
AG
lda6339 said:

annie88 said:

Wrong. Only ones getting media times are the ones crying and saying they're going to throw at them.

https://www.12up.com/posts/pirates-joe-musgrove-insists-sign-stealing-investigation-into-every-mlb-team-would-find-dirt-01e0ts585f8z/partners/36534?fbclid=IwAR0hT860UsrNxKojO8UxSiUo3bG4XrCrqm84m22-gI-IbKtqrpmSJOB4Rig
CampingAg
AG
I am a Rangers fan. But this is one of those sports things where if the Rangers got caught cheating, Rangers fans would be saying all the things Astros fans are right now, and Astros fans would be saying all the things toward the Rangers that the rest of the MLB is saying about the Astros right now. Sports are fun.
CampingAg
AG
Also, for a fan base that continually calls for "ear-holings" for various reasons (i.e. Roogie), it's funny that the Astros actually get caught red-handed cheating and disgracing the game, and now all of a sudden that's not okay.
SquirrellyDan
AG
CampingAg said:

I am a Rangers fan. But this is one of those sports things where if the Rangers got caught cheating, Rangers fans would be saying all the things Astros fans are right now, and Astros fans would be saying all the things toward the Rangers that the rest of the MLB is saying about the Astros right now. Sports are fun.

A rare, honest, logical post. Well done.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

Which one? My team has 11 so I get them confused. Astros fans wouldn't know anything about that
Flexbone
lda6339 said:

Which one? My team has 11 so I get them confused. Astros fans wouldn't know anything about that

We know what' it's like to be much better than your team in the only time that matters, otherwise known as "the present."
annie88
AG
Show us on the doll where the Astros and the Astros fans hurt you.

Haters gonna hate, so have fun with that.

Our boys are going to be tough no matter what's thrown at them. Pun partially intended.

Oh and you do know that you can just turn the channel when the Astros come on you don't even have to watch them. Problem solved.
94chem
"Oh and you do know that you can just turn the channel when the Astros come on."

What channel would that be? I only get them on t.v. when they play the Rangers.
Flexbone
94chem said:

"Oh and you do know that you can just turn the channel when the Astros come on."

Now we know the source of your jealousy.

Sorry we aren't ****ty like your team.
94chem
Flexbone said:

94chem said:

Does not compute. Just like the fact that the Astros aren't on t.v. in large portions of Houston, but the Rangers are.
03_Aggie
94chem said:

Flexbone said:

94chem said:

Does not compute. Just like the fact that the Astros aren't on t.v. in large portions of Houston, but the Rangers are.

Do what?
South Platte
SquirrellyDan said:

lda6339 said:

annie88 said:

Wrong. Only ones getting media times are the ones crying and saying they're going to throw at them.

https://www.12up.com/posts/pirates-joe-musgrove-insists-sign-stealing-investigation-into-every-mlb-team-would-find-dirt-01e0ts585f8z/partners/36534?fbclid=IwAR0hT860UsrNxKojO8UxSiUo3bG4XrCrqm84m22-gI-IbKtqrpmSJOB4Rig
Oh good gosh. When faced with a tough situation, let's call on Joe Musgrove to be the voice of reason. Give me a break. First of all, he's a total nobody. Second, it's easy for him to say because he knows MLB isn't going to investigation all 30 teams.
South Platte
03_Aggie said:

94chem said:

Flexbone said:

94chem said:

Do what?
It's a fact. All providers offer FSSW with your subscription. Unless you have Comcast, you have to purchase the Sports Package to get the Astros/Rockets channel. Or if you have Suddenlink, you are out of luck since they don't carry that channel at all.
South Platte
[Comments removed - Texags Staff]
Ervin Burrell
AG
Flexbone said:

94chem said:

"We."
cc10106
classy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.