Astros = CHEATERS

156,461 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
Flexbone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Question for the non-stros fans, are we pretending to be surprised? Just trying to know how to act? Agreed with OP, make an example of these guys.

This coming from a fan of a team who illegally stole proprietary information from the team he's spent the entire season hoping to lose. Weird they'd do that, and be serving jail time to boot, if the only reason the Astros were good was because they stole signs.

I've never seen a more pathetic grown man. Hanging out on World Series threads when "his team" is sitting on their couches.

Do you feel better now?

How stupid do you have to be to not appreciate the irony in your posts? You've spent MONTHS camping out in Astros threads praying they'd lose so you'd feel better about your ****ty team.
Its 8am on a Wednesday and its cold outside. I'm commenting on an MLB team being accused of cheating, you're calling a stranger on the internet pathetic.

Stop it. Get some help.

And why am I doing that? Anyone who spends any time here knows you. And again...irony on multiple counts. The CARDINALS are accusing someone else of cheating...a team they illegally stole information from.
Quote:

And why am I doing that?
I can think of a couple reasons......
Quote:

The CARDINALS are accusing someone else of cheating
The Cardinals aren't accusing anyone. A former Astro is accusing them.
ETA: I'm surprised you know me, I have literally no idea who you are or when I've interacted with you in the past.

Are you a Cardinals fan? Yes. How have interacted with you? Anyone can go look at the Astros thread in the postseason and see you there every single day, hoping the Astros would lose.

Your team engaged in CRIMINAL activity to cheat. That's proven. This, re: the Astros, is an ALLEGATION that's disputed.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Flexbone said:

lda6339 said:

Question for the non-stros fans, are we pretending to be surprised? Just trying to know how to act? Agreed with OP, make an example of these guys.

This coming from a fan of a team who illegally stole proprietary information from the team he's spent the entire season hoping to lose. Weird they'd do that, and be serving jail time to boot, if the only reason the Astros were good was because they stole signs.

I've never seen a more pathetic grown man. Hanging out on World Series threads when "his team" is sitting on their couches.

Do you feel better now?

How stupid do you have to be to not appreciate the irony in your posts? You've spent MONTHS camping out in Astros threads praying they'd lose so you'd feel better about your ****ty team.
Its 8am on a Wednesday and its cold outside. I'm commenting on an MLB team being accused of cheating, you're calling a stranger on the internet pathetic.

Stop it. Get some help.

And why am I doing that? Anyone who spends any time here knows you. And again...irony on multiple counts. The CARDINALS are accusing someone else of cheating...a team they illegally stole information from.
Quote:

And why am I doing that?
I can think of a couple reasons......
Quote:

The CARDINALS are accusing someone else of cheating
The Cardinals aren't accusing anyone. A former Astro is accusing them.
ETA: I'm surprised you know me, I have literally no idea who you are or when I've interacted with you in the past.

Are you a Cardinals fan? Yes. How have interacted with you? Anyone can go look at the Astros thread in the postseason and see you there every single day, hoping the Astros would lose.

Your team engaged in CRIMINAL activity to cheat. That's proven. This, re: the Astros, is an ALLEGATION that's disputed.
Quote:

Are you a Cardinals fan?
Yup
Quote:

How have interacted with you?
?
Quote:

Anyone can go look at the Astros thread in the postseason and see you there every single day, hoping the Astros would lose.

Predicting is not hoping. Predictions are based on logic, not emotion. The night of Game 7 I was posting trying to get reactions during the game, yes. Clearly it worked.
Quote:

Okay? I'm just trying to stay warm and talk some baseball my man...... I'm not out to get you or the Astros organization.... If you want to talk about the Cards doings feel free to start a thread....
tjack16
AG
Just very odd that Fiers is so outspoken about this in 2019... but had no issue accepting that World Series ring and all of those postseason bonuses in 2017
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Okay? I'm just trying to stay warm and talk some baseball my man...... I'm not out to get you or the Astros organization.... If you want to talk about the Cards doings feel free to start a thread....
Why don't you go inside if your cold? Stop standing outside posting on your phone
jr15aggie
AG
Me and my friends/family not giving a single F***, still enjoying the 2017 World Champion Houston Astros!

wangus12
AG
tjholley16 said:

Just very odd that Fiers is so outspoken about this in 2019... but had no issue accepting that World Series ring and all of those postseason bonuses in 2017
My favorite part of the Mike Fiers experience was when he melted down in 2017, threw at someone's head after he hit a HR off him, got yanked from the game and cut from the playoff roster as a result, got a WS ring and a full playoff share anyway, and then snitched on the team two years later for a minor sign stealing offense that the Red Sox got fined for.
JJxvi
AG
http://www.astroscounty.com/2019/11/the-athletic-bombshell-and-astros.html?m=1
Marvin
AG
tjholley16 said:

Preach that. Fiers calling the Astros out at this point is the definition of hypocrisy. If you think they cheated, why did you accept the ring and money? Why didn't you take a stand back then?
Cromagnum
AG
So much jealousy in this thread.
Ag_07
AG

Quote:

"That's not playing the game the right way," Fiers said in the story. "They were advanced and willing to go above and beyond to win."

Mike Fiers calling the Astros out because he wants an even playing field and wants the game tobe cleaned up is pretty ironic seeing as he was accused of doctoring the ball back when he was throwing his no-no

Something something glass house and rocks
Al Bula
AG
Yikes, it still sucks to be a Rangers fan I see.
Beat40
These threads are always funny because everyone would flip-flop sides if the shoes were on the other feet.

At end of the day, who cares? It's sports.
JJxvi
AG
Who cares!? Its sports!
ClassOf17
South Platte
Marvin said:

tjholley16 said:

Preach that. Fiers calling the Astros out at this point is the definition of hypocrisy. If you think they cheated, why did you accept the ring and money? Why didn't you take a stand back then?

I wonder if Fiers was really close to the Ryan's? If Reid and Nolan show up in the Bay Area we'll know.
Beat40
JJxvi said:

Who cares!? Its sports!
Haha, I know! I'm just saying, cheating or not, this doesn't change the day-to-day in my life nor my love of the Astros.

I think it's silly for other fans to be saying the things they are because they would be right there with us if it was their team the articles are about.
astros4545
AG
wangus12 said:

jkag89 said:

Quote:

Bingo. They can't hit without stealing signs. It's why they lost all their home games and won all of their road games in the WS.
Is your argument then they can still steal signs on the road? But how would that explain the ALDS when they won the home games and not the road games?
How would you explain the 17 ALCS as well when we got curbstomped 3x in NY.

Proof we steal only in the road

htxag09
AG
astros4545 said:

wangus12 said:

jkag89 said:

Quote:

Bingo. They can't hit without stealing signs. It's why they lost all their home games and won all of their road games in the WS.
Is your argument then they can still steal signs on the road? But how would that explain the ALDS when they won the home games and not the road games?
How would you explain the 17 ALCS as well when we got curbstomped 3x in NY.

Proof we steal only in the road

These cheating and conspiracies in the age of data we are in are humerus to me. Not saying we didn't steal signs nor anybody does, but you can pull every single split of statistics for every single player for home vs road. What was their strike out rate, obp, avg, etc. Yet the only stats we have on this are their season k and walk rates? Which completely negates changing of players or approach. Plus half of those are obviously on the road.
Same goes for the whole ball is different for playoffs debate. You can track the launch angle, velocity, and projected distance for every ball in play. Doesn't take a lot of effort to see if that number changed in the playoffs.
TexasRebel
AG
If you don't want somebody to steal your signals in a game, either:
1) don't send any
2) get better encryption
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Tastybrisket10
AG
Poor Astros PR...a tough 30 days...Game 7, the SI controversy, the Ryan family leaving, now the sign stealing...what next?
Deluxe
AG
Tastybrisket10 said:

Poor Astros PR...a tough 30 days...Game 7, the SI controversy, the Ryan family leaving, now the sign stealing...what next?

Probly a couple starting pitcher acquisitions and a fourth straight 100 win season
wangus12
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Tastybrisket10 said:

What next? Probably sign a couple middling free agents en route to another division win and trip to the playoffs. After that who knows.
DrZ
AG
Don't forget whistling. Got em..
Oh wait. never mind.

I am sure that the banging can be heard in every video not just that one.
Deluxe
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Tastybrisket10 said:

What next? Probably sign a couple middling free agents en route to another division win and trip to the playoffs. After that who knows.
Also, a Cy Young award. Possibly an MVP.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

In the replies-
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

This is pretty good.
ORAggieFan
Doug Ross
AG
DrZ said:

Don't forget whistling. Got em..
Oh wait. never mind.

I am sure that the banging can be heard in every video not just that one.

"I am sure"

Well can you prove it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Doug Ross
AG
Lol it's sad that the last Houston World Series champ was because of cheating and the last Rockets win was because Jordan was retired
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ORAggieFan
Everyone should ask themselves this:

How would I feel if this was my favorite team?
How would I feel if this was my most hated rival?
How would I feel if this was some middling team I don't care about like the Royals or Brewers?

It's the last one that probably matters the both, most comments are the first two.
bearkatag15
AG
Doug Ross said:

Lol it's sad that the last Houston World Series champ was because of cheating and the last Rockets win was because Jordan was retired
Except MJ played in the '95 playoffs as well as 20% of the regular season. Good try though.
South Platte
bearkatag15 said:

Doug Ross said:

Except MJ played in the '95 playoffs as well as 20% of the regular season. Good try though.
I'll see your response and raise you one asterisk . . .

Doug Ross
AG
South Platte said:

bearkatag15 said:

Doug Ross said:

I'll see your response and raise you three asterisk . . .

FIFY

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.