Astros = CHEATERS

135,549 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Aggies2009
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree with most of your post...

Is the timeline right on the Red Sox? Their Apple Watch stuff wasn't in 2018. Was their stuff that did happen after the Astros?
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggies2009 said:

Agree with most of your post...

Is the timeline right on the Red Sox? Their Apple Watch stuff wasn't in 2018. Was their stuff that did happen after the Astros?
The Red Sox got busted for doing the same thing in 2018 that the Astros did in 2017. Except MLB determined it was only one person in the video room and that Alex Cora (the guy who basically was co-mastermind in the Astros scandal) wasn't involved. Apparently they only did it with a guy on second (which in the MLB world (players and media) was somehow less egregious than the Astros).

In my eyes, the only reason MLB couldn't get the Red Sox on more is because they released the Astros' punishment while the investigation into the Red Sox was ongoing. Everyone saw the punishment and from there on shut up.
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As is typical, when someone gets on their high holy horse, and acts holier than thou, it probably means they are no better...

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/06/04/sticky-stuff-is-the-new-steroids-daily-cover
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Preview of next week
RealTalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want to see the ptichers put that gunk on their crotch. Imagine the hilarity of seeing the ump having to feel up the pitcher's balls to check if the stuff is there.
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OP misspelled WINNERS.
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Astros have been so close in the last two World Series they played. If they had some sort of overwhelming advantage I really think they could legitimately win one someday.
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggies2009 said:

Astros have been so close in the last two World Series they played. If they had some sort of overwhelming advantage I really think they could legitimately win one someday.


They are always on your mind, aren't they?
Hi, Im Brett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Astros have been so close in the last two World Series they played. If they had some sort of overwhelming advantage I really think they could legitimately win one someday.


Sorry it took so long for you to have your moment. Hope you at least enjoyed the entire playoffs and World Series.
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
03_Aggie said:

Aggies2009 said:

Astros have been so close in the last two World Series they played. If they had some sort of overwhelming advantage I really think they could legitimately win one someday.


They are always on your mind, aren't they?
Yeah! It's not like the World Series just ended a few hours ago with them losing yet another. It was a completely random post.

Sorry for your loss.

03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, astros fans are depressed because they are 1-2 in WS appearances in the last five years. It's been rough I'm sure.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a sad thread. Imagine making fun of a team for losing the World Series. There are 28 other teams that wish there are where this teams is today.
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ask the ChiSox and the RedSox how poorly we are doing....
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

This is a sad thread. Imagine making fun of a team for losing the World Series. There are 28 other teams that wish there are where this teams is today.
Yeah! I always celebrate 2nd place banners, and I swear it's not damage control!

Sad is right. Must be sad seeing excellent hitters manage no offense at all in an elimination game.

But hey, what can you do? Hitting a baseball is really hard.
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gotta tip the cap to the Braves pitching staff. Fried was really good last night as was Matzek.

Obviously winning the World Series is the ultimate goal but, all things considered, I'm proud of the guys bagging another AL pennant and giving themselves a chance at winning it all.

"Haha you didn't win the World Series" trash talk is among the weakest trash talk. It was weak when Astros fans did it to Rangers fans back in 2011-12 and weak now.
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggies2009 said:

bearkatag15 said:

This is a sad thread. Imagine making fun of a team for losing the World Series. There are 28 other teams that wish there are where this teams is today.
Yeah! I always celebrate 2nd place banners, and I swear it's not damage control!

Sad is right. Must be sad seeing excellent hitters manage no offense at all in an elimination game.

But hey, what can you do? Hitting a baseball is really hard.


When was the last time you celebrated a 1st place banner?
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?

tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Danny Vermin said:





Your team was eliminated 3 months ago
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Danny Vermin said:





Wonder where he ends up. Usually guys show out in contract years. He gave little effort when it mattered this season.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Danny Vermin said:





Wonder where he ends up. Usually guys show out in contract years. He gave little effort when it mattered this season.


Highest WAR by a position player this year. Yeah he sucks.
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pharisee.
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Danny Vermin said:





Wonder where he ends up. Usually guys show out in contract years. He gave little effort when it mattered this season.


Highest WAR by a position player this year. Yeah he sucks.


Right on! Glad he produced in the World Series when it counted to bring hom the title! What part of "when it mattered " escaped you?
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies2009 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Danny Vermin said:





Wonder where he ends up. Usually guys show out in contract years. He gave little effort when it mattered this season.


Highest WAR by a position player this year. Yeah he sucks.


Right on! Glad he produced in the World Series when it counted to bring hom the title! What part of "when it mattered " escaped you?


You literally said " Usually guys show out in contract years.". Having the highest WAR for any position player over the coarse of the entire season is the definition of showing out in a contract year. He will likely also be paid handsomely to the tune of $300M for doing that.

And if you want to talk playoffs, he's currently 7th in career playoff HRs, 6th in career playoff RBI, 3rd in career playoff WPA, 9th in career playoff total bases. He's also had multiple walk off hits and home runs in the playoffs.

Sure he had a bad series but questioning his ability to perform "when it counts" isn't really a winnable argument for you. Braves pitching carved up most of the hitters in this lineup. Tip of the cap to y'all. Y'all earned it.
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey, everybody!

Remember when so many "experts" said the Astros would suck when the fans were finally back and all the booing and "baseball policing itself" would be too much to overcome?

I 'member. What a bunch of idiots.
TaxLawAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5 LCS in a row, 3/5 WS, best offense in the game.


Yeah…the "cheating" (that everyone else was also doing) really smears that.

P.S. Any team that won with a player that used Spider Tack or did roids also "only won because they were cheating."

I can't quantify what a dumbass you have to be to believe this garbage.
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cc10106 said:

Hey, everybody!

Remember when so many "experts" said the Astros would suck when the fans were finally back and all the booing and "baseball policing itself" would be too much to overcome?

I 'member. What a bunch of idiots.


Who said that? Where? Link?

All smack talk aside, I (and many others, including MLBers) have said the worst part about the cheating is that they didn't need to- they're great players as is. Sadly for them, the stigma of "not being able to win without cheating" follows them and doesn't get any better every time they get close but can't seem to get over the hump. Fair or not (it isn't), that's just what people think.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

All smack talk aside, I (and many others, including MLBers) have said the worst part about the cheating is that they didn't need to- they're great players as is. Sadly for them, the stigma of "not being able to win without cheating" follows them and doesn't get any better every time they get close but can't seem to get over the hump. Fair or not (it isn't), that's just what people think.
Yeah, that's why you're butthurt, not because the Astros are the most successful team in baseball over the last 5 years- its that they didnt need to do what they did. You just love the game and its purity, you're not salty because team you don't like keeps winning the pennant. I didnt know people who pretend to be outraged about this exist outside of dodgers and yankees twitter since the facts have come out.
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Quote:

All smack talk aside, I (and many others, including MLBers) have said the worst part about the cheating is that they didn't need to- they're great players as is. Sadly for them, the stigma of "not being able to win without cheating" follows them and doesn't get any better every time they get close but can't seem to get over the hump. Fair or not (it isn't), that's just what people think.
Yeah, that's why you're butthurt, not because the Astros are the most successful team in baseball over the last 5 years- its that they didnt need to do what they did. You just love the game and its purity, you're not salty because team you don't like keeps winning the pennant. I didnt know people who pretend to be outraged about this exist outside of dodgers and yankees twitter since the facts have come out.
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Ooooo someone is taking the recent losses hard. At least you have your "We finished 2nd and got a pennant!!!" copium.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Ooooo someone is taking the recent losses hard. At least you have your "We finished 2nd and got a pennant!!!" copium.
you don't think winning a pennant is good? I'm thrilled with the astros season, one of the best of my lifetime. Your position is anything other than the WS is a bad season fans shouldnt be satisfied with? It seems like your opinions on baseball can be easily dismissed.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm interested to hear what Ranger fans think of Correa the cheater possibly becoming a Ranger.
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm interested to hear what Ranger fans think of Correa the cheater possibly becoming a Ranger.


The same as every other fan base when someone from the 2017 teams to them. All is suddenly forgiven. But let's be honest, most fans of baseball are effing morons, like booing rookies on the Astros who had zero part in 2017. Also too blinded even consider the idea their teams were engaged in **** just as shady.
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JABQ04 said:

Ag_07 said:

I'm interested to hear what Ranger fans think of Correa the cheater possibly becoming a Ranger.


The same as every other fan base when someone from the 2017 teams to them. All is suddenly forgiven. But let's be honest, most fans of baseball are effing morons, like booing rookies on the Astros who had zero part in 2017. Also too blinded even consider the idea their teams were engaged in **** just as shady.
Or booing Astros that were with their teams in 2017. See the Angels fans booing Machete.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.