Astros = CHEATERS

157,257 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

You've also got the Joe Girardi video where he admits to sign stealing with the Yankees.
he wasn't talking about the yankees. try to keep up
South Platte
Blue Jays and Rangers were mentioned in passing in that article. I'm a Rangers fan and I want them to get roasted if found cheating like Houston was. Are we allowed to vacate losses?
Aggies2009
AG
bigcat22 said:

https://instagr.am/p/B86z83OBpJO
Astros stealing signs? Whodathunk?

Also, Altuve getting booed to Hell and back was great. Then he struck out looking cause he doesn't know what's coming.
Aggie521
AG
Meh. Haters gonna hate.
BullSprig07
AG
He went yard today. Just saying.
Bregxit
AG
Water Turkey07 said:

He went yard today. Just saying.
Had a double, same point though.
BullSprig07
AG
well damn, I misheard Robert Ford on the radio.
Aggies2009
AG
"They're not saying 'boo', they're saying 'tooooov'!"
Aggies2009
AG
He got hit in the foot. If only he had known what was coming.
Flexbone
Aggies2009 said:

This is even lamer than the usually pathetic smack you run on here. Good grief.

Strange how Altuve's numbers have looked even after he stopped "cheating."
03_Aggie
Aggies2009 said:

"They're not saying 'boo', they're saying 'tooooov'!"

Well nothing will top the cheers he received in the ALCS in NY. Then he came home and stole all their WS hopes and dreams.
Aggies2009
AG
Flexbone said:

Aggies2009 said:

Sorry. The next time you cheat, I'll try to do better.
Aggies2009
AG
Booing him is apparently bad for his tattoo.
SquirrellyDan
AG
We occupy everyone's mind. Boo away. Nothing stings like indifference.
AboutTreeFiddy
SquirrellyDan said:

How many times have you posted in this thread? Actions speak louder than words. It's also funny how you'e considering the Asterisks to be the victims here. As if cheating was some noble task and now the world is out to get you. Classic.
tjack16
AG
Aggies2009 said:

bigcat22 said:

https://instagr.am/p/B86z83OBpJO
Astros stealing signs? Whodathunk?

Also, Altuve getting booed to Hell and back was great. Then he struck out looking cause he doesn't know what's coming.

"Then he hit a double .... he must have known what was coming". - sports media and fans outside of Houston
agproducer
AG
Regarding the signs being taken from the fans in the stands Saturday: the stadium has banned signs in the crowd for more than 3 years.

So, it doesn't fit the media narrative that the Astros took up the signs because they didn't like the message. But, the media continues to conveniently leave out facts. The way reporting is so lazy now, I'm not surprised.
Flexbone
Aggies2009 said:

Flexbone said:

Aggies2009 said:

Sorry. The next time you cheat, I'll try to do better.

Can you show us all where you've petitioned MLB to erase the Rangers' division titles from their steroid laced teams?
03_Aggie
v
diehard03
Quote:

Regarding the signs being taken from the fans in the stands Saturday: the stadium has banned signs in the crowd for more than 3 years.

So, it doesn't fit the media narrative that the Astros took up the signs because they didn't like the message. But, the media continues to conveniently leave out facts. The way reporting is so lazy now, I'm not surprised.

Relax. it's not even a story anyone cares about. it's only for giggles because this is literally the Astros "stealing" a sign. Nothing more, nothing less.
Aggies2009
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Relax. it's not even a story anyone cares about. it's only for giggles because this is literally the Astros "stealing" a sign. Nothing more, nothing less.
To be fair, talking heads on ESPN and other places said, "Taking the sign was the WORST thing they could do because it shows that it affects them." Which I doubt is true.

That said, it's hilarious that agproducer shows his face here.
SquirrellyDan
AG
AboutTreeFiddy said:

SquirrellyDan said:

How many times have you posted in this thread? Actions speak louder than words. It's also funny how you'e considering the Asterisks to be the victims here. As if cheating was some noble task and now the world is out to get you. Classic.
LOL. I'm saying people are clearly upset....that's not indifference. Also, if we're 'victims' after winning a WS and an AL pennant, I'll take it. Try again.
AboutTreeFiddy
Ah whatever
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Some facts Flexbone will never be able to cope with-

The Astros are Cheaters
Amber Guyger is in a cage right now
A&M lost to a better TCU Baseball Team

Gig 'Em & Go Cards! Also Flex, I'd love to have a beer with you if you're ever in town
SquirrellyDan
AG
AboutTreeFiddy said:

SquirrellyDan said:

AboutTreeFiddy said:

SquirrellyDan said:

LOL. I'm saying people are clearly upset....that's not indifference. Also, if we're 'victims' after winning a WS and an AL pennant, I'll take it. Try again.
See, that's what I'm talking about. You live in some insane fantasy world where you're just indifferent while others are upset (LOL), where the Astros did some noble thing to cheat their way to a title (though given your defense of them, I bet you DO believe that cheating was a good thing), and where the Astros are poor helpless victims because other fans have the audacity to boo and criticize said cheating.

Whatever floats your boat, bud. I guess you've always got a World Series t-shirt and can plug your ears when everyone else rightly downplays it because it took cheating to do so. But given the futility of Houston sports historically, I don't blame you for taking whatever you can get.
You don't read very well. Again, I'm not saying I'm indifferent. I'm saying all the haters definitely AREN'T indifferent....I also said the booing doesn't bother me at all and that indifference would be worse (kind of like the indifference to Arlington cheating with steroids...doesn't really matter because they never won anything).
Aggies2009
AG
lda6339 said:

The Astros are Cheaters

Even worse, he KNOWS they're cheaters but goes through every mental gymnastic possible to justify it because some team he's totally not obsessed with had a few cheaters 25 years ago. It's depressing that someone cares THAT much about sports smack talk on a forum that they stoop to accepting, even justifying lying and cheating, but whatever.

Sadly, things like Game 5, one of the most exciting games in history, have lost their luster now that we all know it was a sham.
agproducer
AG
Aggies2009 said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

To be fair, talking heads on ESPN and other places said, "Taking the sign was the WORST thing they could do because it shows that it affects them." Which I doubt is true.

That said, it's hilarious that agproducer shows his face here.
How so?

Fans have a right to be angry, and Astros deserve to get called out. They cheated. It is what it is.

I just think the outrage is a little overblown. At the heart of it all -- everyone on this thread is a baseball fan and we are passionate about our teams.

What irritates the hell out of me -- as a former journalist -- is the lazy, lazy, lazy reporting and the fact that many of the journalists reporting on this story are writing off of group-think instead of actually getting to the root of the story. They are also not bothering to chase down any other leads.

The sign situation is more of a microcosm of media/sports media in general. The reporting had no depth, and there was no effort to find out the real truth behind it. That's all.

Carry on.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Aggies2009 said:

lda6339 said:

The Astros are Cheaters

Even worse, he KNOWS they're cheaters but goes through every mental gymnastic possible to justify it because some team he's totally not obsessed with had a few cheaters 25 years ago. It's depressing that someone cares THAT much about sports smack talk on a forum that they stoop to accepting, even justifying lying and cheating, but whatever.

Sadly, things like Game 5, one of the most exciting games in history, have lost their luster now that we all know it was a sham.
1. No, they haven't lost their luster. If this was unique to Astros or something far and beyond what happens across the league, they would have taken the championship away. Yes, there have been some vocal players across the league whose whining make it sound like this is unprecedented. Maybe to them, it is. But there are many others who are staying quiet. And what about guys like Will Clark and other decorated former players with plenty to lose that say this is nothing new.....are they lying? Why?

2. Something tells me you're not sad about this at all.
South Platte
SquirrellyDan said:

AboutTreeFiddy said:

SquirrellyDan said:

AboutTreeFiddy said:

SquirrellyDan said:

See, that's what I'm talking about. You live in some insane fantasy world where you're just indifferent while others are upset (LOL), where the Astros did some noble thing to cheat their way to a title (though given your defense of them, I bet you DO believe that cheating was a good thing), and where the Astros are poor helpless victims because other fans have the audacity to boo and criticize said cheating.

Whatever floats your boat, bud. I guess you've always got a World Series t-shirt and can plug your ears when everyone else rightly downplays it because it took cheating to do so. But given the futility of Houston sports historically, I don't blame you for taking whatever you can get.
You don't read very well. Again, I'm not saying I'm indifferent. I'm saying all the haters definitely AREN'T indifferent....I also said the booing doesn't bother me at all and that indifference would be worse (kind of like the indifference to Arlington cheating with steroids...doesn't really matter because they never won anything).
SquirrellyDan, I have to hand it to you. You aren't taking **** from anybody on this. You will defend them to your grave, sneaking in pops vs. Texas along the way.

You and the rest of the fanbase should embrace the fact that for the first time in the city's history, you have a pro sports franchise is actually relevant. Winning doesn't accomplish that. All of a sudden it's a team with national visibility. Every team should be so lucky, and most franchises have little control of getting to that status. Bad publicity or good publicity, doesn't matter how you get there. This window should be seized by the organization and try to stay there as long as you can. Be the team everybody hates. Be the Raiders of the MLB . . . the sport really needs a villain.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't think MLB stripped the title because that would have opened up a lot. You're not going to punish teams for steroids violations from 15 years ago with lost draft picks, but if you strip the Astros title and the Red Sox, then you certainly open up the door to going back and stripping others. Personally, I'd think you'd have to prove team involvement to do that, but that wasn't a door they were ever going to open. I wouldn't just assume it's because they know everyone else is doing it.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I'm on board!
SquirrellyDan
AG
Ranger #007 said:

I don't think MLB stripped the title because that would have opened up a lot. You're not going to punish teams for steroids violations from 15 years ago with lost draft picks, but if you strip the Astros title and the Red Sox, then you certainly open up the door to going back and stripping others. Personally, I'd think you'd have to prove team involvement to do that, but that wasn't a door they were ever going to open. I wouldn't just assume it's because they know everyone else is doing it.
I agree, but they also may have not considered taking titles away in those years because steroid use was rampant across baseball.
Agnzona
SquirrellyDan said:

Ranger #007 said:

I agree, but they also may have not considered taking titles away in those years because steroid use was rampant across baseball.
And sign stealing was rampant, I think that is everyone's point around here.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
SquirrellyDan
AG
Agnzona said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Ranger #007 said:

And sign stealing was rampant, I think that is everyone's point around here.
I agree.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't think it was rampant in the way the Astros and a few others were doing it. It's not the mere act of stealing signs that's the issue. It's the method.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.