Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,629 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Coates
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ol Jock 99 said:

Dallas "Summer" Musicals
DSO
Museums (big and small)
A few restaurants (which is silly, but whatever)

Airlines of course. We have several flights coming up and I'd LOVE to do done with that thing.

Its not the airlines, and I wouldn't expect the FAA to change their rules anytime soon.

As far as anything local, I haven't been asked to wear a mask in nearly a year, and don't see signs anymore.
LSB_2002
AG
Sheep vs. Wolves

Comply vs. Will not comply

IT"S OVER!
wangus12
AG
Coates said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Dallas "Summer" Musicals
DSO
Museums (big and small)
A few restaurants (which is silly, but whatever)

Airlines of course. We have several flights coming up and I'd LOVE to do done with that thing.

Its not the airlines, and I wouldn't expect the FAA to change their rules anytime soon.

As far as anything local, I haven't been asked to wear a mask in nearly a year, and don't see signs anymore.
Idk, my wife works for Southwest and there have been talks of removing the mask policy. Granted that was before the announcement of the brand new super cool variant.
Coates
The faa expiration is sometime in January, but I would expect them to extend it, could southwest or any other airline not comply?

I will say the flight attendants haven't been enforcing it much, or maybe they just don't care anymore.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Think it got extended to March-something this morning.
YouBet
AG
Coates said:

The faa expiration is sometime in January, but I would expect them to extend it, could southwest or any other airline not comply?

I will say the flight attendants haven't been enforcing it much, or maybe they just don't care anymore.
Now it's late March.
Bonfire1996
AG
As the Jews were ushered into boxcars, one of them looked into the eyes of a Nazi soldier and said, "Please note that I am not complying, but rather I'm choosing to participate."

The young Nazi nodded his head as he waved him and his ilk onto the train.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

As the Jews were ushered into boxcars, one of them looked into the eyes of a Nazi soldier and said, "Please note that I am not complying, but rather I'm choosing to participate."

You have your clown shoes on awfully tight this morning, don't you?
Bonfire1996
AG
Not as tight as that mask, simp
Ol Jock 99
AG
Keyboard warrior is feeling salty today. Keep barking little fella. Head back to F16 so you can get your stars too.
double aught
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

I'm sure those that witnessed the Holocaust appreciate this comparison.
YouBet
AG
Not sure why the outrage over Bonfire's comments. People today live in this naive mindset that government doing bad things to their people is a myth and would never happen here.

Meanwhile, see Australia....supposedly a western democracy. But as is clear to everyone now...not really. And all it took was a virus a little more impactful than the flu to strip away the facade of freedom.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
Quinn
AG
YouBet said:

Not sure why the outrage over Bonfire's comments. People today live in this naive mindset that government doing bad things to their people is a myth and would never happen here.

Meanwhile, see Australia....supposedly a western democracy. But as is clear to everyone now...not really. And all it took was a virus a little more impactful than the flu to strip away the facade of freedom.

Comparing wearing a mask to the mass murder of 6MM Jewish people is extremely over the top, no matter where you fall on the Covid Patriot vs Beta Mask Lover scale.
YouBet
AG
Quinn said:

YouBet said:

Comparing wearing a mask to the mass murder of 6MM Jewish people is extremely over the top, no matter where you fall on the Covid Patriot vs Beta Mask Lover scale.
I would agree. However, I was trying to more point out the slippery slope nature of all of this (maybe poorly) which is undeniable. People are literally in camps in Australia over this ridiculous crap.

The only thing that has kept Americans from tyrannical overreach by our own government is the unique history of our country and that we still have a significant number of people that refuse to tolerate much beyond what we've already done.
Bonfire1996
AG
Quinn said:

YouBet said:

It started with a little yellow, cloth star. The similarities are actually pretty incredible.

The mask nazis are trying to keep kids from attending public school and want parents unable to earn a wage. And that's many locales here in Texas.
Bonfire1996
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Keyboard warrior is feeling salty today. Keep barking little fella. Head back to F16 so you can get your stars too.
Keyboard warrior! I love it.
Hincemm
AG
YouBet said:

Quinn said:

YouBet said:

I would agree. However, I was trying to more point out the slippery slope nature of all of this (maybe poorly) which is undeniable. People are literally in camps in Australia over this ridiculous crap.

The only thing that has kept Americans from tyrannical overreach by our own government is the unique history of our country and that we still have a significant number of people that refuse to tolerate much beyond what we've already done.

Mask wearing to genocide is more than a 'slippery slope'
aggielostinETX
AG
Hincemm said:

YouBet said:

Quinn said:

YouBet said:

Was wearing yellow stars to genocide a predicted outcome?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well, this thread has certainly gone off the rails.

The Nazis used rails. DID YOU THINK ABOUT THAT BILL?!
YouBet
AG
Hincemm said:

YouBet said:

Quinn said:

YouBet said:

A study of history shows us the slope and the evil it can lead to.

I'm not remotely discounting the evil and horror of the holocaust. It's all the more reason why we need to remain vigilant that it doesn't happen again.

We are not immune to it however much some in this country laugh at the possibility.
Ol Jock 99
AG
We survived the formation of a nation. We survived 1812. We survived the civil war. We survived Dredd Scott, reconstruction, Jim Crow. We survived prohibition. We survived WWII, internment camps, and vast nationalized rationing. We survived 1968. We survived the great society. Nixon, Iran Contra, Cigars in the Oval office.

But the downfall of America? Having to wear a mask to the Music Hall at Fair Park.
Phat32
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

We survived the formation of a nation. We survived 1812. We survived the civil war. We survived Dredd Scott, reconstruction, Jim Crow. We survived prohibition. We survived WWII, internment camps, and vast nationalized rationing. We survived 1968. We survived the great society. Nixon, Iran Contra, Cigars in the Oval office.

But the downfall of America? Having to wear a mask to the Music Hall at Fair Park.
How about requiring performing an experimental medical procedure on your child in order for them to go to a restaurant, a theater, or a school?

Have you put any thought into the mind-****ing we are doing to our children by teaching them to be a hypochondriac? That is a DSM-listed mental condition.

Yeah it's all just "participation".

All of the things you listed were terrible. Do you like to "participate" in terrible things?
Bonfire1996
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Your local government wants the following:
1. Masks required in all buildings
2. Masks required at all schools
3. Vaccine mandates for private employers
4. Vaccine mandates for public schoolchildren

Those 4 items have been implemented in the Bay Area, NYC, LA, and others with many urban centers on deck to implement as well. While you dismiss the arguments presented as hyperbolic, your elected officials attempt to burn down the basic freedom to choose.

And you continue to defend the most basic of symbols that show you will NEVER do a damn thing to stop them. And you call me a keyboard warrior? What does that make you?
double aught
AG
Honest question: vaccines have been required for public schools for decades. How is this one (which currently isn't required) different?
Coates
double aught said:

Honest question: vaccines have been required for public schools for decades. How is this one (which currently isn't required) different?

Being required in California and other school districts across the country. Show me your long term studies on these vaccines for kids. It's the only vax ever to be 'approved' this quick. There are several docs on this board that disagree with vaccinating children, thousands of pediatricians across the country as well.
cp2011
AG
Bonfire1996
AG
double aught said:

As previously mentioned, long term studies exist on other vaccines. Other vaccines are actually live virus culture, true "vaccines". Most of the diseases we vaxx kids for had mortality rates above 5% in kids. The Pfizer vaxx trial had exactly zero kids in the control group develop serious symptoms, much less hospitalized, much less die. States allow you to delay vaxx your kids according to a pediatrician designed schedule, and no such exemption exists for Covid vaxx, LOL.

So yeah, a little different.
Stive
AG
So "it's a bit different" but it boils down to: you're ok with those mean old school districts and governments mandating it as long as it's been vetted for some arbitrary length of time?

Got it.
Phat32
AG
Stive said:

So "it's a bit different" but it boils down to: you're ok with those mean old school districts and governments mandating it as long as it's been vetted for some arbitrary length of time?

Got it.

Do you care if your car has been tested well or poorly before you drive it?
Coates
Stive said:

Got it.

Arbitrary? Who mentioned that? Show where the vaccine has actually been vetted.
Stive
AG
Coates said:

Stive said:

Got it.

Pretty sure the point went right over your head.

Let's try again: how long should the vacation have been vetted before you'd be ok with government mandating it?

Stive
AG
Phat32 said:

Stive said:

Got it.

Do you care if your car has been tested well or poorly before you drive it?

To answer your question: I like my car tested well.

Now let's swing back around to you missing the point. Are you fine with government (school/town/state) requiring vaccines as long as they've been tested "long enough" (whatever that length of time is)?
Coates
Stive said:

Coates said:

Stive said:

Got it.

Let's try again: how long should the vacation have been vetted before you'd be ok with government mandating it?

The point didn't go over my head, you asked if it's OK if it's been vetted for an arbitrary amount of time. My response was for you to show it's been vetted at all. Every vaccine has gone through years of trial & error, and has shown long term effects, specifically when being mandated to children.
Jack Ruby
This thread has been derailed.

We need to steer it back to the conversation of why Clay Jenkins is the world's biggest ch0de.
Stive
AG
Coates said:

Stive said:

Coates said:

Stive said:

Got it.

The point didn't go over my head, you asked if it's OK if it's been vetted for an arbitrary amount of time. My response was for you to show it's been vetted at all. Every vaccine has gone through years of trial & error, and has shown long term effects, specifically when being mandated to children.

And once again, none of that matters. Are you fine with the government mandating shots as long as it's been tested long enough to make you feel safe?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.