Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,532 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phat32 said:

Based on the date, my guess is they got wrapped into the federal contractor nonsense.
Yep. Convenient cover to tell the employees.
YouBet
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Delta is done. Anecdotally, I know more folks that lost family to it than the rest combined, which is a bit odd.
Absolutely know more people who were laid low over it and more people that died although it was only 2 people vs 1. It's clearly more contagious and all the people who got the vaccine when it was first released had it lapse on them and were susceptible all over again.
TexasAggie008
AG
planoaggie123
AG
lol "seeing a slight decline"....throw that on the inverse and it would be "seeing a massive increase"....
Old Buffalo
AG
I like how it's a product of the "holidays" and not recognizing there's a seasonality to the virus.

ScIeNcE!
Phat32
AG
Masks don't do **** Clay. HTH.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Old Buffalo said:

I like how it's a product of the "holidays" and not recognizing there's a seasonality to the virus.

ScIeNcE!

Covid hasn't been following normal viral seasonality.

Clay remains a jackwagon.
Old Buffalo
AG
http://hsmap.rice.edu/about
GAC06
AG
YouBet said:

SWA has jumped on the vaccine mandate bandwagon. Get vaxxed or get fired by Dec8.

Could be a fun holiday travel season if airlines fire people right before Christmas. They're already short staffed and struggling. More "essential" workers that now aren't so essential after all.
2wealfth Man
AG
I am seeing more scientific commentary that says the Delta variant is/will be the dominant one going forward which I think is good news for future spikes/spread. I think they call it fixation.
YouBet
AG
GAC06 said:

YouBet said:

SWA has jumped on the vaccine mandate bandwagon. Get vaxxed or get fired by Dec8.

Could be a fun holiday travel season if airlines fire people right before Christmas. They're already short staffed and struggling. More "essential" workers that now aren't so essential after all.

With schedules already locked in no less. Cancellation season could be an all-timer this holiday season.
DFWTLR
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Old Buffalo said:

ScIeNcE!

Covid hasn't been following normal viral seasonality.

Clay remains a jackwagon.

So covid isn't seasonal? How do you explain the seasonal spikes around the globe?
GAC06
AG
YouBet said:

GAC06 said:

YouBet said:

With schedules already locked in no less. Cancellation season could be an all-timer this holiday season.

SWA has cancelled almost 20% of their flights so far today, due to staffing. Should be even better once they fire a bunch of people over vaccination.

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/?fbclid=IwAR0J2s4471ZBJ7hFGmT7M19L-XDIAJydY_uYaO2oMFmzAGTfRHV-HtO3cp0
YouBet
AG
Goodness.
FDXAg
AG
Oh great. Supposed to leave tomorrow morning for Orlando. So if Southwest cancels my flight and it leaves at 7:30 in the morning and there are at least seven or eight other flights going out later that day, does that mean they will put us on one of the other flights that day and bump some of those passengers on the later flights?

Surely that doesn't mean that if our flight is canceled we are out of luck because all the other later flights that day are showing full
YouBet
AG
FDXAg said:

Oh great. Supposed to leave tomorrow morning for Orlando. So if Southwest cancels my flight and it leaves at 7:30 in the morning and there are at least seven or eight other flights going out later that day, does that mean they will put us on one of the other flights that day and bump some of those passengers on the later flights?

Surely that doesn't mean that if our flight is canceled we are out of luck because all the other later flights that day are showing full

They aren't going to bump other passengers for you. They will reschedule you where they can.
Stymied
AG
https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/duval-county/flight-delays-blamed-limited-staffing-jacksonville-air-traffic-control-center-weather/OHOVJKKIHNHOHBNKHVVBZA34YI/
GAC06
AG
SWA is the only airline affected by ATC problems and weather apparently. No other airlines fly to Florida.

Over 1000 flights cancelled today. Probably also because of ATC issue two days ago that only affected SWA
Stymied
AG
Yes, it looks more and more like there is more too it than just ATC in FL.
YouBet
AG
They sold a schedule they couldn't staff in the first place. Now throw in a threat to fire you if you don't get vaxxed.
double aught
AG
Another issue: Some fight attendants are taking the minimum number of flights because they're sick of dealing with a-hole costumers over masks.
GAC06
AG
YouBet said:

They sold a schedule they couldn't staff in the first place. Now throw in a threat to fire you if you don't get vaxxed.

Entirely it's this. They did it all summer and screwed over passengers. Now people are tired and aren't picking up extra work or are cashing out sick time since the company just promised to fire them right before Christmas.

Flying unvaccinated throughout the pandemic: essential workers

Flying unvaccinated now that anyone can choose to get vaccinated if they wish: fired
Phat32
AG
Reap what you sow. **** them.
TexasAggie008
AG
It's 10000% the fed's fault for having a mask requirement

All blood is on their hands for any incident that occurs
Ol Jock 99
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

So no personal responsibility by the people acting out.
riverrataggie
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

TexasAggie008 said:

So no personal responsibility by the people acting out.

They are all jackasses in my opinion.
TexasAggie008
AG
The root is a fed mandate in no way supported by science

None of this happens without them prioritizing politics over flight attendant safety
Keegan99
AG
The root problem is there's a senile guy in the white house unilaterally deciding that every American must wear a useless piece of cloth over their face the moment they set foot on a commercial airliner.

In the US of A, where we tend to believe we are a free people, not subjects of a monarch, that's going to cause problems.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I can agree with that.
riverrataggie
AG
I saw SMU removed mandatory masks. Professor decision.
Goose
AG
YouBet said:

It's this, along with the ability for them to cherry-pick which flights they want to staff with the resources they have available, and which ones they'll cancel. They're picking and choosing the most profitable trips and canceling the rest with a get-out-of-jail-free card blaming it on staffing, covid, weather, federal regulations, etc., etc.
FDXAg
AG
So is there any recourse for us passengers on this when our flight is canceled? My flight to Orlando was cancelled last Sunday and every flight that day or the next was either cancelled as well or already full. Their "kind offer" of allowing us to rebook another flight was worthless when there were none available.

I had to spend over $1000 for a one way rental car to get my family and our luggage the 17 hours to Orlando in order to make our Disney world park reservations on time. Their screwup has so far cost me about $1500 with all the things I've had to adjust/shift on this vacation. 2.5 hour direct flight is a LOT different than a 17.5 hour car trip
TexasAggie008
AG
Team human

YouBet
AG
FCJ

I can't believe this guy is still pushing anti-science mask nonsense. What a clown.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Can we get a campaign together to run against this guy? I think he's up next year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.