Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,655 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AGCP3 said:

Proposition Joe said:

really I don't care if people are so adamantly against masks and want people to stop wearing them.
Then why respond with your snarky "It never dawns on you..." posts, when, in fact, it probably has dawned on them? Clearly you do care what other people think about wearing masks, and it seems to me you were the ******* here, Texags or otherwise.

Because the idea is whether you are for wearing masks or against wearing masks, laughing at people who are likely wearing them so they can work a menial job so they can pay their rent is a pretty ****ty thing eh?

If you've got a problem with masks, attack and laugh at the lawmakers who are mandating them - not the people forced to abide by them.
cp2011
AG
Proposition Joe said:

AGCP3 said:

Proposition Joe said:

really I don't care if people are so adamantly against masks and want people to stop wearing them.
Then why respond with your snarky "It never dawns on you..." posts, when, in fact, it probably has dawned on them? Clearly you do care what other people think about wearing masks, and it seems to me you were the ******* here, Texags or otherwise.

Because the idea is whether you are for wearing masks or against wearing masks, laughing at people who are likely wearing them so they can work a menial job so they can pay their rent is a pretty ****ty thing eh?

If you've got a problem with masks, attack and laugh at the lawmakers who are mandating them - not the people forced to abide by them.
I agree with you, I was just pointing out that you do actually care and suggesting that there is a better way to offer an alternative viewpoint than showing up and calling people arrogant, ignorant ********
riverrataggie
AG
Proposition Joe said:

AGCP3 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Agreed. Stopped turning on each other and focus on the jackasses in office. Everyone needs to be voted out. Starting with our empty suit mayor and Judge Leroy.
Phat32
AG
The mask in car or mask on bike isn't due to a politician.

It's because the person using it has no critical thinking skills and/or has never been properly educated on what the hell a virus is.

I really doubt the 17 people I counted between Austin/Dallas were all "in between stops".
dave94
AG
But who effing cares? It's not affecting you or anyone else.
Fitch
AG
Lol, equally telling about those who feel a need to comment about how others go about their affairs as libs virtue shaming & proclaiming how people ought to behave. Pot meet kettle...
cp2011
AG
dave94 said:

But who effing cares? It's not affecting you or anyone else.
Agreed. It's a fair question why someone would be wearing a mask alone in a car, but the moral superiority and feeling the need to laugh at that person makes me sorry I defended him. Seems like we've got a lot of ******** on this thread.
Proposition Joe
One guy is likely going and back and forth for work driving in his own car, not caring that he has a piece of cloth across his face.

The other guy is making a tally of the # of people driving with masks on.
Carlo4
AG
Have to wear a mask at work at all times. A teammate got Covid and somehow didn't pass it to the office the one day he was there.

Sometimes I forget to take it off in the car. Sometimes I talk like Bane in the car. Sometimes it lets me vent and curse out drivers without them realizing what I'm doing. Is what it is.

With various scares at work and at home, it's the little things that help you get by in this BSC times of 2020.

Phat32
AG
The point is that we've scared everyone so much they aren't acting or legislating intelligently.

None of the restrictions make sense anymore. Remove them and let people live their lives.

If a business or a person chooses then to perform an action they believe lessens risk, that's fine. But this nanny state garbage has to go.

Keegan99
AG
yukmonkey said:

The point is that we've scared everyone so much they aren't acting or legislating intelligently.

None of the restrictions make sense anymore. Remove them and let people live their lives.

Remove the restrictions and the politicians will have to explain themselves. They're committed until a vaccine.

When it was "just those crazy Swedes" it could be brushed aside. But if there's no apocalypse in their own zip code? Citizens will realize they've been had.
Phat32
AG
Correct - I am jaded from a recent visit to Telluride and other mountain towns.

Every business owner was pissed at how restricted they were and the county had not had a single case in 2 weeks.

Phat32
AG
Another thought is how this will affect elections.

Will there be any more motivated group than business owners who were forced to shut?
culdeus
AG
yukmonkey said:

Another thought is how this will affect elections.

Will there be any more motivated group than business owners who were forced to shut?

I mean I keep hearing this, but by and large in Texas the closing/opening decision was directed from the Governor's office and he's not up for election this time.

I mean who do you replace him with at this point to get what you want? Patrick? I'm honestly not even sure where he stands on this thing.

Be careful or you could end up with Beto in that spot.
gomerschlep
AG
yukmonkey said:

If masks were effective then you'd see a sharp drop in cases correlating with the mandate.

Instead it follows a normal curve regardless.

End of conversation.
This is assuming that people are actually adding by the mandate. This thread is pretty clear evidence that plenty of people don't care.

THAT's why there hasn't been a sharp drop.
Keegan99
AG
There has been a sharp drop. It just didn't occur due to masks.

YouBet
AG
yukmonkey said:

If a business or a person chooses then to perform an action they believe lessens risk, that's fine. But this nanny state garbage has to go.

Not that I really care anymore but companies have gotten into the same unintelligent crap. Our HQ campus is off limits until mid 2021. No one is going back until at least then. And it's based on false data. Campus lockdown is justified based on "surging" trends which is the exact opposite of reality. It's amazing really.

The real reason? They've discovered it's cheaper to not have anyone at work. Would be less insulting if they would just admit this.
Post removed:
by user
TSUAggie
Our admin office staff is not planning on returning to the office until May of 2021. COVID cases dropping, but now they're using flu & allergies as a reason to not return. Claiming people can work effectively from home, but I call bs on some of that. Many programs have been completely shut down since March, so there hasn't been much work to be done anyway for some of these people. I'd love to see a daily log of what they're actually working on.
bco2003
AG
My company just completed significant remodel at the headquarters. We're still working from home until 2021, but will be interesting their stance on return to work given the large investment here.
culdeus
AG
TSUAggie said:

Our admin office staff is not planning on returning to the office until May of 2021. COVID cases dropping, but now they're using flu & allergies as a reason to not return. Claiming people can work effectively from home, but I call bs on some of that. Many programs have been completely shut down since March, so there hasn't been much work to be done anyway for some of these people. I'd love to see a daily log of what they're actually working on.

Something ending with hub.com
Phat32
AG
You nailed it. We did a survey and 81% of people do not feel safe coming back into an office. Think all 81% are really that scared?

Our CEO is sick of it but is pinned by HR and those survey numbers. Jan 2021 it is.
Old Tom Morris
yukmonkey said:

The mask in car or mask on bike isn't due to a politician.

It's because the person using it has no critical thinking skills and/or has never been properly educated on what the hell a virus is.

I really doubt the 17 people I counted between Austin/Dallas were all "in between stops".

If you are counting people you see wearing a mask, it may be time for some self reflection. This is some looney bird **** right here
Phat32
AG
You've never played any games on a long car trip? And that's what you took out of all of this?
Old Tom Morris
what I have taken from all of this is that there are some obsessed crackpots on both sides (broadly speaking, not just this thread)
Old Tom Morris
To answer your first question, sure. When I was like 10. Or had kids under 10 in the car. None of this seems like a game for you, but if that justification helps provide some cover, have at it.
Wheatables02
AG
yukmonkey said:

You nailed it. We did a survey and 81% of people do not feel safe coming back into an office. Think all 81% are really that scared?

Our CEO is sick of it but is pinned by HR and those survey numbers. Jan 2021 it is.

What a bunch of ***** I'm in an office section of 10 with a building of 100 or so. We've had maybe 3 positives, no transfer of covid within the building, and we've been working in the office the whole time (no work from home). We just started wearing masks in July too but don't in our cubes or offices. Just in common areas.
fav13andac1)c
AG
I've been lurking this thread for a while, but isn't it insane that Texas active cases have dropped by 78k in 1 month? At the current rate, active cases will be almost nil by October. Now we'll see what happens in the next few weeks, but I'm hopeful. Not here to speculate on the cause, because I don't know and I don't want to spark an argument, I just wanted to provide a little encouragement on this fake Monday. Cheers.
MGS
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/parkland-closes-covid-19-unit-due-to-recent-drop-in-numbers/2441037/
Bob Knights Paper Hands
MGS said:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/parkland-closes-covid-19-unit-due-to-recent-drop-in-numbers/2441037/

Since this space is expanding back to surgical services can we expect Emperor Jenkins to start quoting a rise in hospital bed utilization?
riverrataggie
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

MGS said:

Since this space is expanding back to surgical services can we expect Emperor Jenkins to start quoting a rise in hospital bed utilization?

% of hospital staff devoted to COVID has significantly increased over past several days. We aren't out of this yet. Please send me your first born.
AggieFactor
AG
So is Jenkins on the UTSW payroll? Every R0 graph I have seen for Dallas county has the R0 peak near the beginning of June and it has been going down ever since. Magically UTSWs R0 graph lines up perfectly with Jenkins' mask mandate, supports his Memorial day claim, and somehow shows the R0 back above 1 right now when there is absolutely no evidence to support this.
Comeby!
AG
Can we independently verify the R factor?
MGS
Just more garbage models.
Hood
AG
I've seen more than enough cases plots with the dates of the mask mandates to come to the conclusion that there is ZERO correlation between them.

Hawaii has had a mask mandate since April 20. That's just one example.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.