Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

408,446 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

agcrock2005 said:

agcrock2005 said:

YouBet said:

I'm getting an anti-body test next Monday so I will get to be a part of the stats. Representin'!
I still think a huge portion of our country (especially those that haven't been couped up in their houses for 3 months) have already had this. I wish we could do a mass antibody test and get on with our lives. Where are you getting one and what's the cost?

I thought that as well but then CFB players started reporting back. I think we both agree college athletes have been getting out and about far more than those if working fron home, right? So far the team with largest percentage of positive players has been Clemson with ~25% testing positive.

That encompasses team from across the US, so I would think it is safe to say that the assumption of most people having contracted it is false.
I would argue that the reason so many football plays have it is because they're getting tested. If we all were getting tested then I believe that a very significant percentage of the country would be testing positive as well. I'm more interested however in the antibody testing that would show how many people have actually already had it. I think that number would be astronomical.

Luckily, the University of Kentucky is doing just that (along with LSU and Arkansas). They found a staggering 6% of returning players tested positive for COVID19 antibodies.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article243710327.html
Not sure if serious or you're being as smartass (like I often am), but three football teams isn't exactly the sample size I was referring to. 300/350,000,000 isn't a good representation of the populace as a whole.
murphyag
AG

agcrock2005 said:

YouBet said:

I'm getting an anti-body test next Monday so I will get to be a part of the stats. Representin'!
I still think a huge portion of our country (especially those that haven't been couped up in their houses for 3 months) have already had this. I wish we could do a mass antibody test and get on with our lives. Where are you getting one and what's the cost?

I thought that as well but then CFB players started reporting back. I think we both agree college athletes have been getting out and about far more than those if working fron home, right? So far the team with largest percentage of positive players has been Clemson with ~25% testing positive.

That encompasses team from across the US, so I would think it is safe to say that the assumption of most people having contracted it is false.

I have to agree with you. My spouse is still on the neighborhood Facebook group of our old neighborhood. The big topic of discussion on there the last few months has been how a big chunk of the neigjborhood were certain they'd had Covid-19 already and had just had mild symptoms or they were convinced they'd had it back in February or early March. So, they have all rushed to get antibody testing done. So far, none of them have tested positive.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I am only being a slight smart ass. I do believe that athletes represent a more "interactive" sample than the rest of the US population. Being young and generally social they have had more potential exposure than the average Joe sitting at home.

There is also a larger sample than I listed that is also geographically diverse. In addition to the three I already mentioned UNT, Kansas, Michigan, and t.u. also did antibody testing. These schools saw single digit antibody positives. I am sure more are doing antibody testing but I couldn't find a centralized report (KPRC is close but not enough info) and got tired of googling.
ftworthag02
AG
PGA commissioner press conference at 2:00 eastern after several positive covid
752bro4
AG
Elective procedures suspended in big 4 counties.
FTAco07
AG
752bro4 said:

Elective procedures suspended in big 4 counties.
Source? Does this include only inpatient or also outpatient stuff like lasik?
Fitch
AG
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/25/texas-elective-surgeries-coronavirus-greg-abbott/

Quote:

For a second time since the start of the pandemic, Abbott bans elective surgeries to preserve bed space for coronavirus patients. But this time the hold on the nonessential procedures is only in effect for Bexar, Dallas, Harris, and Travis counties.
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure its less stringent than it was back in March/April. Just procedures that are going to take beds away from Covid pts.
InternetFan02
AG
Collin and Tarrant hospitals and physicians say thanks?
Proposition Joe
InternetFan02 said:

Collin and Tarrant hospitals and physicians say thanks?

Tarrant will follow suit in a week like everything else.
Fitch
AG

Phat32
AG
Is this bad?
Law Hall 69-72
AG
wangus12 said:

Pretty sure its less stringent than it was back in March/April. Just procedures that are going to take beds away from Covid pts.
Yep. My daughter is a pediatric anesthesiologist at Medical City Children's Hospital in Dallas and she said that they aren't affected. Also, the local surgery centers are good to go.
agcrock2005
AG
yukmonkey said:

Is this bad?
If you're really sick and/or old, then "maybe".
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Hoping that last daily point going down starts a trend. This is the first time Dallas county 7-day average went down since the protest, so maybe that is an indication we will begin trending back down off protest peaks. We knew it was going to spike with thousands of people congregating, not social distancing, and many traveling to cities they don't live in. Especially in places like Texas where we locked down before there was much spread, thereby limiting percent of immune population compared to places like NY. Hopefully the daily rates and positive test percentages start a good trend back down.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

We knew it was going to spike with thousands of people congregating, not social distancing, and many traveling to cities they don't live in.
All part of the master plan. This will keep happening until the election I'd imagine. Curve getting better, racism, protest, spike, repeat.
YouBet
AG
yukmonkey said:

Is this bad?
If you haven't seen it, Texas health officials are correcting the current fear fest over hospitals as exaggerated. Partially due to the way they are classifying cases which is disingenuous and inflates the reality of what is happening.
agcrock2005
AG
Man this guy is a dbag.
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/06/28/dallas-county-judge-asks-governor-stay-home-stay-safe-order/
TexasAggie008
AG
He calls it the "f businesses" initiative

There's also a 1000% chance that clay, hypothetically, would extend this indefinitely until we have a vaccine
Phat32
AG
If you venture out of TexAgs you'll find that lots of lemmings think it's a great idea.

At Goodfriends in East Dallas, they are wearing/selling "Listen to Clay Jenkins" shirts.
YouBet
AG
yukmonkey said:

If you venture out of TexAgs you'll find that lots of lemmings think it's a great idea.

At Goodfriends in East Dallas, they are wearing/selling "Listen to Clay Jenkins" shirts.

Looks like Stockholm Syndrome has kicked in.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
I would have thought there's no way Abbott would go for this a couple weeks ago, but now I'm not so sure. This would be a terrible idea.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Just a week ago we were exempting protests of thousands of people congregating without masks. Now we need total isolation for 30 days. You can't honestly believe both extremes are okay.
TexasAggie008
AG
If youre one of the most corrupt and evil politicians this state has ever seen - you can believe just about anything that helps the "f Abbott and trump" agenda
Post removed:
by user
corleoneAg99
AG
Phat32
AG
Then says he wants to "follow the data"
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/06/29/dallas-bar-owners-plan-to-sue-gov-greg-abbott-for-shutting-them-down/
TxAG#2011
TexasAggie008 said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/06/29/dallas-bar-owners-plan-to-sue-gov-greg-abbott-for-shutting-them-down/

After having been to a few bars I am confident the majority of spread is happening via bars. There are no precautions being taken at most of them at all.

They need to have a bar curfew so they can be open during the day but not for going out at night.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The majority seems to be from large Hispanic gatherings, be they social, work, or living conditions. I doubt bars help, but that isn't the patient population hospitals are seeing based on what UTSW said last week.
TexasAggie008
AG
Curfew or "outdoor patio only" seems like a lot more well thought out plan than "all must close at noon Friday"
Fitch
AG
I've been to a few since they reopened. During the day it's pretty easy going, but more than one bartender has told me they get shoulder to shoulder after dark. Curfew may be a workable compromise.

One of my good friends owns a bar. Worried a lot for him lately.
TxAG#2011
I can see why they are pissed. It's ridiculous some of these place are classified as "bars" just because of alcohol sales i.e. katy trail ice house but everyone knows that's a bar/restaurant where plenty of people go to eat.

I imagine a lot of these others are the same. Now something like Skellig where people just go there at night to get hammered is a different story.
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.fox4news.com/news/gov-greg-abbott-on-jenkins-request-for-more-closings-he-wants-to-force-poverty-on-people

" "He seems to want to continue to force poverty on people by having a stay at home order that will crash all of these people who are now out working earning a paycheck," Abbott said about Judge Jenkins' request for another stay-at-home order."
YouBet
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

TexasAggie008 said:

After having been to a few bars I am confident the majority of spread is happening via bars. There are no precautions being taken at most of them at all.

They need to have a bar curfew so they can be open during the day but not for going out at night.

What's the point of that? Are we going to start recommending sun tanning at night as well as a compromise?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.