Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,756 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Fitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Makes restaurants and offices a little challenging then.
Trucker 96
The whole "open concept" that offices have been moving toward isn't looking so bright about now
Quinn
AG
Fitch said:

Yup. My biggest concern on getting back to normal.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Fitch said:

And schools.
OKC~Ag
yukmonkey said:

The jail and nursing home numbers tell you all you need to know about how this spreads.

You aren't getting it at the beach or walking your dog. It's sustained, close, indoor contact.
Agree

never understood need to close down the golf course, parks, and beaches...just stupid pseudo-science based public decrees.

The only way you gonna catch Covid in Texas in 90 degrees outside is that infected person coughs directly into your face.
AggieFrog
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

The whole "open concept" that offices have been moving toward isn't looking so bright about now

They were always a horrible idea.
Trucker 96
Agree. It's a ridiculous concept for anything other than squeezing every penny out of a sq ft of office space. And looks even worse now.
culdeus
AG
yukmonkey said:

The jail and nursing home numbers tell you all you need to know about how this spreads.

You aren't getting it at the beach or walking your dog. It's sustained, close, indoor contact.

Cruise ships fit in this mix how?
culdeus
AG
OKC~Ag said:

yukmonkey said:

Agree

never understood need to close down the golf course, parks, and beaches...just stupid pseudo-science based public decrees.

The only way you gonna catch Covid in Texas in 90 degrees outside is that infected person coughs directly into your face.

If golf courses are closed nobody is enforcing the ban.
Phat32
AG
Would you not consider that close indoor contact?
Rubble
AG
Quote:

If golf courses are closed nobody is enforcing the ban.

Most of them are back open or set to open this week.
OKC~Ag
should never have been closed...

easy access to a golf course and corona beer...less domestic disturbance?
Fannie Luddite
AG
Who else is tired of David Frinfrock on NBCDFW.com doing the weather forecast from his trailer house? The audio is bad and so is the background visuals. It sounds so incoherent and the entire weather broadcast is very disturbing.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Someone asked about hospitals. They normally run at 90-100+% usage. Yes, they can have more beds than they are licensed for at times. This is how they stay in business and how the model works under Texas law and CMS rules.
MGS
Collin County will open on May 1

TexasAggie008
AG
Abbott better not disappoint at 230 today !

Here's to Jenkins reign of terror coming to an end
Robert C. Christian
AG
Not familiar with all the orders so it may be obvious to others. What does the Collin Co. repeal mean? Does the mean restting back to before everything was shut down or are the other smaller restrictions still in place?
Ag CPA
AG
The Collin County order is kind of meaningless until Abbott speaks this afternoon, maybe they know something everyone else doesn't.
Comeby!
AG
Wonder if Denton will follow suit.
webgem08
AG
Looks like Executive Order #1 was only pertaining to walk-in service at the County offices.
Ag CPA
AG
Phase one starts Friday: all retail, restaurants, movie theaters, malls and museums can reopen. Occupancy limited to 25%.
Phase two starts the 18th (hopefully): Occupancy limits above expanded to 50%.
Comeby!
AG
Counties with less than 5 cases can allow up to 50% occupancy.
Ag CPA
AG
Bars, gyms, barber shops part of phase 2.
tysker
AG
At first glance I think 25% is too low and then I consider that most people wont be going back right away anyways. Also locations may need to reset staff, consider new health standards and rework inventory. So maybe 25% is just right for the businesses to get their feet back underneath. I'm not sure the restaurants, for instance, here in LH could take an influx of 50% capacity immediately. Maybe 25% is just right for a few weeks.
Post removed:
by user
duck79
AG
Posted this on the Abbott thread. My wife is a dental hygientist and she is having a hard time understanding how she is being asked to put her face directly in front of patients breathing now but she can't go get a haircut.
powerbelly
AG
duck79 said:

Posted this on the Abbott thread. My wife is a dental hygientist and she is having a hard time understanding how she is being asked to put her face directly in front of patients breathing now but she can't go get a haircut.
Because the government is picking winners and losers and it appears the salons don't have the right connections to be deemed essential.
Ag CPA
AG
I guess the counties will clarify in the coming days, but I'm interested in opening offices back up; the press conference didn't really touch on it (versus Ohio and some other states I heard about today who did). We know Dallas's position but it will be interesting to see how Tarrant and Collin move forward.
Ol Jock 99
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

No masks required anywhere so Clay can suck it.

Now maybe now people stop cutting off their nose to spite their face and start wearing masks.
Post removed:
by user
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ag CPA said:

I guess the counties will clarify in the coming days, but I'm interested in opening offices back up; the press conference didn't really touch on it (versus Ohio and some other states I heard about today who did). We know Dallas's position but it will be interesting to see how Tarrant and Collin move forward.
This is the confusing part to me as well. I'm assuming all offices are now fully open, unless you are a bar, salon or gym?

Seems weird that he didn't mention that.
FTAco07
AG
Offices were never ordered closed so they can't be "re-opened". "Non-essential" offices were effectively closed by the stay at home order so now with that lifted people can go back to their office.
hatchback
AG
Non-essential businesses/offices were closed by executive order explicitly labeling certain businesses as essential, not just the shelter-in-place orders.

If your office is not listed as an essential business in the most recent Executive Order GA-18 from Gov. Abbott, then it seems like the office must stay closed. Unless, of course, it is a sole-practitioner working in their office - identified on page 42 of the "Open Texas Report" linked below.
Quote:

As outlined in Governor Abbott's executive order GA-18, services provided by an individual working alone in an office may operate. In accordance with Governor Abbott's executive order GA-18, the following are the minimum recommended health protocols for all single-person offices. Employers may adopt additional protocols consistent with their specific needs and circumstances to help protect the health and safety of all employees and customers.
https://www.kxan.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2020/04/OpenTexas-Report.pdf

Text from the Executive Order GA-18 outlining reopened services is on page 3 at the link below:
https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/EO-GA-18_expanded_reopening_of_services_COVID-19.pdf
mavsfan4ever
AG
FTAco07 said:

Offices were never ordered closed so they can't be "re-opened". "Non-essential" offices were effectively closed by the stay at home order so now with that lifted people can go back to their office.
The 03/22/2020 Dallas Order did order the shut down all non-essential businesses. I know that the Governor's Order is supposed to trump the local orders. So the Governor's Order will control on everything that is set forth or spelled out in the Governor's Order. But if a local order is not contradicted by the Governor's Order, then I assume the local order would still govern.

That's where the confusion comes into play. Other than retail, movie theaters, etc, the Governor's Order did not specifically address if non-essential businesses and office buildings were able to open back up. So Clay Jenkins may argue that non-essential businesses must still cease all operations.
TexasAggie008
AG
Clay "dbag Baylor lawyer" Jenkins is probably crafting a tweet as we speak

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.