Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,586 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Kashchei said:

So we couldn't open until the curve flattened. Then we couldn't open after two weeks. Now we can't open until we get 5x more testing. How far are they going to keep moving the goalposts?
Until all risk, responsibility, and potential blame has been removed from the equation...
Trek Strategy - Every Journey Needs a Guide
Hood
AG

A stark drop in ICU bed usage from yesterday.

These "can't tell if the curve is flattened" hysterics are completely unfounded.
DFWTLR
AG
Hood said:

A stark drop in ICU bed usage from yesterday.

These "can't tell if the curve is flattened" hysterics are completely unfounded.

Well county commissioners just voted 3-2 to extend safer at home to May 15th, unreal what these idiots are doing.
FTAco07
AG
Lets see if the governor overrules that with his announcement on Friday.
Bones08
AG
Abbott is making another announcement at 2pm (in 10 minutes).

OldAg92
AG
Colleyville's mayor has some stones..

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/this-north-texas-mayor-is-trying-to-reopen-businesses-in-colleyville-bucking-abbotts-stay-at-home-order/287-8e05bf8f-751a-4499-bb92-4aa90d5e2096
TexasAggie008
AG
Do we have formal word on if anything Abbott says cancels out all that captain dip*sh I mean Jenkins says?
hatchback
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Do we have formal word on if anything Abbott says cancels out all that captain dip*sh I mean Jenkins says?

DFWTLR
AG
Ha, beat me by 10 seconds hatchback...
hatchback
AG
Steven Dial went on to say this (4 minutes after the Tweet I posted):

TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/04/21/dallas-county-extends-stay-at-home-order-until-may-15/

Jenkins said it would be up to Abbott to decide if Dallas County's extension conflicts with his order.

"If I'm wrong, he will quickly tell us and tell us that we have to let everybody play pick-up basketball and do whatever they want to on April 30," Jenkins said.

....what a tool...
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Come on, Abbott. I would love to play basketball again
MGS
TexasAggie008 said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/04/21/dallas-county-extends-stay-at-home-order-until-may-15/

Jenkins said it would be up to Abbott to decide if Dallas County's extension conflicts with his order.

"If I'm wrong, he will quickly tell us and tell us that we have to let everybody play pick-up basketball and do whatever they want to on April 30," Jenkins said.

....what a tool...
Let people do whatever they want, what a concept.
Ag CPA
AG
OldAg92 said:

Colleyville's mayor has some stones..

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/this-north-texas-mayor-is-trying-to-reopen-businesses-in-colleyville-bucking-abbotts-stay-at-home-order/287-8e05bf8f-751a-4499-bb92-4aa90d5e2096
Colleyville has some weird dynamics for such a wealthy burb and the number of transplants that live there.
Phat32
AG
Jenkins was definitely picked on in middle school.
hatchback
AG
Could you please stop? I don't care what anyone's personal opinion of Jenkins is, but can we please keep childish attacks like "I bet he was picked on in school" off of this thread?
cp2011
AG
Serious civics question: is it possible for one of the county commissioners to propose a vote of no confidence in Jenkins? I keep seeing "Remove Jenkins" going around, but how is that even possible before 2022?
Bones08
AG
AGCP3 said:

Serious civics question: is it possible for one of the county commissioners to propose a vote of no confidence in Jenkins? I keep seeing "Remove Jenkins" going around, but how is that even possible before 2022?
If this pandemic has shown anything it is my lack of understanding for how local and state governments and powers work.
Phat32
AG
We're having fun here no?
Bones08
AG
Work got busy so I've lost track of it, but the Greg Abbott press conference going on doesn't seem to be much. Just an update on Covid and employment information. No big announcement one way of the other.
DFWTLR
AG
I believe he has a press conference scheduled on Friday for all of the updates to what will open first, etc. Abbott was asked today about our shelter in place extension and said his would overrule if he decided to make it an statewide order.
walton91
Abbott's pressers are always fun to count how many times he uses the terms "state of Texas" and "covid 19". Spoiler, it a lot. As if there was any confusion of who he is and why he's holding a press conference.
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
hatchback said:

Could you please stop? I don't care what anyone's personal opinion of Jenkins is, but can we please keep childish attacks like "I bet he was picked on in school" off of this thread?
Edit because I should be nicer.
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2020/04/21/dallas-councilmember-blewett-its-time-to-start-reopening-our-economy-in-stages/

Pretty reasonable piece written by Blewett..Pretty much says I think what many of us are saying
hatchback
AG
I agree. That was a very well thought out and reasoned op-ed piece from Councilman Blewett.
tysker
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2020/04/21/dallas-councilmember-blewett-its-time-to-start-reopening-our-economy-in-stages/

Pretty reasonable piece written by Blewett..Pretty much says I think what many of us are saying
This is the important part to remind those pushing back on SIP requirements:

Quote:

that closing nonessential businesses and sheltering in place were not implemented to prevent infections from COVID-19; they were designed to prevent our health care system from becoming overburdened
Only by opening back up can we really determine the best on-the-ground methods, standards and practices to reduce infection spread for ourselves and businesses. It imperative that we allow people to see and learn best practices from others whether it is by wearing masks, watching social distancing even in a smaller group setting, or by seeing other's altered sanitation practices. Humans are social animals, pack animals even, and we learn best when watching and interacting with each other.
752bro4
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Read that and agree. Can you imagine had Blewett not won that his council seat and we'd get to be hearing our good buddy Phillip Kingston spewing his hot garbage about this?

This whole thing has been a good reminder to please vote in local elections.
Ol Jock 99
AG
If you are in D14, he is going to need help next year. He's taking a ton of heat.
Phat32
AG
Well reasoned article.

We need to stay focused on the fact that the SIP was to get the healthcare system ready, not keep everyone from getting it entirely.

Now that the healthcare system is clearly ready, we can start easing back on stuff to get people back to work.

But the two factions of "SIP until a vaccine is available" and "open up, **** everything" are going to distract us from probably the right way to do it.

It is crazy how different our mindset is in a month. On March 22nd, this **** was dire.
MGS
Down to 173 active cases in Collin County Looks like it peaked (226 cases) there on Apr 9th.
riverrataggie
AG
MGS said:

Down to 173 active cases in Collin County Looks like it peaked there on Apr 9th.

They don't understand what's gonna happen in two weeks.
Hood
AG
riverrataggie said:

MGS said:

Down to 173 active cases in Collin County Looks like it peaked there on Apr 9th.

What's happening in two weeks?
riverrataggie
AG
Hood said:

riverrataggie said:

MGS said:

What's happening in two weeks?

It's a joke. Two weeks. Ask me in two weeks.
Hood
AG
Today's graphics.

ICU and ventilator usage holding steady. Big uptick in hospital bed usage but again, these aren't only COVID patients.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.