Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

395,237 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
DFWTLR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was on twitter yesterday, someone posted a picture of hot dogs at a QT and asked if it was a violation, Judge Clay asked for the location and said it was a violation.
hatchback
AG
If my understanding of the county order is correct, it's the selling of hot dogs that is a violation and that the gas station needs to stop selling the self-serve food - not simply shut down completely.
Ag CPA
AG
The craft store crackdown is just showboating at this point. People will just drive over to Collin and Tarrant.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Hopefully they don't follow suit and extend this thing out. If they don't, I'll at least look to see what's available to rent for a month or two to get out of Dallas and likely move. Sucks, but this seems like a crazy overreaction to me and at a terrible cost.
walton91
Just curious, how can you look at what has happened so far and say it's a crazy overreaction? Preventative measures are meant to be just that, preventative, before caseloads gets out of control
agcrock2005
AG
walton91 said:

Just curious, how can you look at what has happened so far and say it's a crazy overreaction? Preventative measures are meant to be just that, preventative, before caseloads gets out of control
Treating Eden, TX (way more goats than people) the same as NYC is an over reaction.
DadAG10
agcrock2005 said:

walton91 said:

Treating Eden, TX (way more goats than people) the same as NYC is an over reaction.
Well, just 2 posts above yours is someone looking to move out of Dallas. Maybe he can stay with you and the goats.

Pretty sure he will be deloused before he arrives.
agcrock2005
AG
I live in Tarrant County, but hunt in Eden. First podunk town that came to mind.
double aught
AG
agcrock2005 said:

walton91 said:

Well, it's not as valuable to the nation, so in that sense I guess it's an overreaction.
walton91
I thought we were talking about the Jenkins' order for Dallas County? Or did I mistakenly make my post on the Concho County board?
DFWTLR
AG
Clay Jenkins just tweeted the stay at home order is through April 30, the declaration of disaster is through May 20.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Because there are much less restrictive ways this could be done without ruining the world as we know it. I understand the virus has the potential to do great harm to many, but even the most dire predictions seem to pale in comparison to the harm we are seeing in every facet of the economy.

I think we could do a lot more to protect the most vulnerable and still have the rest of the population function with common sense restrictions.

Couldn't we start with limiting places of business to 50% of occupancy and still have some social distancing there? This is basically what we're doing with "essential businesses", so why couldn't this be a starting place for all businesses?

I just think we're creating a much larger hole to dig out of than if we tried some less restrictive measures first.
MattAg06
AG
DFWTLR said:

Clay Jenkins just tweeted the stay at home order is through April 30, the declaration of disaster is through May 20.

Such a clown show. All my life my dad griped about how awful the county commissioners were...and he's right!
MattAg06
AG
Ag CPA said:

The craft store crackdown is just showboating at this point. People will just drive over to Collin and Tarrant.

Further more, virtue signaling Clay targeted a business that is closed on Sundays and has been in the news for contesting Obamacare.

Meanwhile, two miles east of there (still Dallas county) a gd homebrew supply store is open. What in the actual f*** are these commissioners doing?
agcrock2005
AG
walton91 said:

I thought we were talking about the Jenkins' order for Dallas County? Or did I mistakenly make my post on the Concho County board?
Was a quick analogy. I just think treating the rest of the country the same as the most dense place in our country is a mistake. Hell, look at Seattle compared to NYC. Very different and it apparently originated there. The "curves" of the two large metro areas are vastly different from each other and was largely contained in Seattle. Think we shoud target the hot spot areas without absolutely destroying the country.
hatchback
AG
For reference:
riverrataggie
AG
hatchback said:

For reference:

He needs to be voted out
MattAg06
AG
"A dog can get a haircut but people in my district can't" John Wiley Price.

Never in a million years would I have thought that corrupt POS was the voice of sanity. But here we are.
agcrock2005
AG
MattAg06 said:

Never in a million years would I have thought that corrupt POS was the voice of sanity. But here we are.
I grew up here, went away to TAMU then to Austin for 13 years and ended up back here...all I remember is my parents talking about how big a POS that guy was 30 years ago. Incredible he's still in office.
MattAg06
AG
agcrock2005 said:

MattAg06 said:

I grew up here, went away to TAMU then to Austin for 13 years and ended up back here...all I remember is my parents talking about how big a POS that guy was 30 years ago. Incredible he's still in office.

True that. I remember visiting my grandparents who lived in East Dallas back in the 90's and they'd ***** about him back then.
752bro4
AG
MattAg06 said:

I agree with what JWP is getting at here, which is weird to say... but your dog can't (shouldn't at least) get a haircut right now. /we own a vet clinic in dallas county
YouBet
AG
MattAg06 said:

DFWTLR said:

Such a clown show. All my life my dad griped about how awful the county commissioners were...and he's right!
Never trust government in any form. Never. They will only *****you.
TexasAggie008
AG
JWP > Clay Jenkins
MattAg06
AG
YouBet said:

MattAg06 said:

DFWTLR said:

Never trust government in any form. Never. They will only *****you.

Quoted for truth.
culdeus
AG
Honestly can't believe jwp is still alive. I swear the guy was 80 in 1995. Seems immortal.
hatchback
AG
YouBet said:

DFWTLR said:

I assumed those were public hospitals in Dallas since the Mayor is requiring the numbers per day. Baylor has over 1000 and presby has close to that as well. I read DFW has 14000 so would think Dallas County would have over 5,000
This makes more sense. Must just be county/public hospital beds.

Coming back to this post from a few days ago. When the initial hospital bed numbers were released, there were only 8 hospitals reporting their numbers. Now there are 21 hospitals reporting their bed counts.

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Maybe a dumb question, but are those numbers just for hospital space set aside for COVID patients, or is that across the board for all patients?
double aught
AG
I would assume all patients. And boy, would you rather be in some of those hospitals over others.
hatchback
AG
I'm assuming that those are total hospital beds and not just those for Covid-19 patients. I don't have Mayor Johnson's order readily available, but I remember him asking for all bed and ventilator numbers.
Ag CPA
AG
DFWTLR said:

It was on twitter yesterday, someone posted a picture of hot dogs at a QT and asked if it was a violation, Judge Clay asked for the location and said it was a violation.
FWIW the hot dogs at the 7-Eleven in Southlake are still self-serve as of today (that makes them Freedom Dogs); one of the random things I notice these days.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Thanks, just sounded a little low for as many facilities we have here. Yes, there are a number of hospitals I would try desperately to avoid.
hatchback
AG
Does Tarrant County have the same restrictions in place regarding self-serve food?
agcrock2005
AG
DFWTLR said:

Also, here is (yet another) website with projections. Showing Texas will peak in May with around 100 deaths per day, also shows we won't have a shortage on beds or ICU beds at the current rate.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
Peak now at 72 deaths per day...shocking. Wonder if that number is going to continue to drop.
FincAg
AG
I pray it does. Glad we all have done our part to limit exposure and mitigate transmission.
DFWTLR
AG
I would assume it would be less than that, the numbers per day they're using as still higher than what the state is reporting per day.

And not sure what model Dallas County commissioners are using, but here is what they're discussing this morning:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.