Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

407,530 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to the local Kroger this morning, felt like I hit the jackpot. TP, paper towels, DISINFECTING WIPES, milk, eggs, bread, and, per my daughter the most important item of all, french toast sticks.

Lunch meat was pretty bare and I didn't venture into the meat section. Very successful trip.

Phat32
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Went to the local Kroger this morning, felt like I hit the jackpot. TP, paper towels, DISINFECTING WIPES, milk, eggs, bread, and, per my daughter the most important item of all, french toast sticks.

Lunch meat was pretty bare and I didn't venture into the meat section. Very successful trip.

Hand sanitizer is the Holy Grail, but I'd say disinfecting wipes are like King Arthur's sword.
nai06
AG
Proposition Joe said:

People aren't taking this seriously because from Day 1 the guidelines on how to handle it have been little half-measures.

I'd venture to say 25% of the people out there have zero idea that people not displaying symptoms can be carriers.... and honestly I can't blame them. If you don't watch the news every day you probably don't have a good idea what this crisis really involves.

And while I've never been a fan of the phrase "shelter-in-place", I certainly can't support something like "Stay Home Y'all"... It just helps add to people not taking this all that seriously.
The "Y'all Stay Home" order aggravates me to no end. All it does is create confusion, lesson the seriousness of the situation, and sounds absolutely stupid.

double aught
AG
yukmonkey said:

Hand sanitizer is the Holy Grail, but I'd say disinfecting wipes are like King Arthur's sword.
My wife asked me to pick up Lysol spray the other day. I told her she might as well have asked for the Mona Lisa.
nai06
AG
double aught said:

yukmonkey said:

My wife asked me to pick up Lysol spray the other day. I told her she might as well have asked for the Mona Lisa.

I actually found a regularly priced thermometer IN STORE just sitting on a shelf. I thought about buying a lotto ticket immediately afterwards.
Comeby!
AG
I found a Mona Lisa at a Frisco Kroger. I got the second to last one.
agcrock2005
AG
wangus12 said:

Had to hit up my brother for meat. He works in meat production and has excess. Got filets and rib eyes to last the apocalypse now
I hoard a few things...venison/hog, guns and bullets. I'll barter for toilet paper and other essentials!
Objective Aggie
AG
double aught said:

yukmonkey said:

My wife said I want Bounty Select-a-siize, double roll. Can you get that?

Seriously. We are buying Hy-Top Rest-stop Grade if that is all they have. Which we would be lucky if even that is available.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
This seems strange- National Guard could go door to door:

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/texas-national-guard-troops-could-do-door-to-door-checkups-around-dallas/?fbclid=IwAR0LrxhCmX-qjmARNnGG8amZIig0qye3Ld_nbntS-tMfMJxdSBCvi5tEsI4
agcrock2005
AG
And the greatest over reation of all time continues.
Post removed:
by user
Objective Aggie
AG
Wozlaw said:

This seems strange- National Guard could go door to door:

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/texas-national-guard-troops-could-do-door-to-door-checkups-around-dallas/?fbclid=IwAR0LrxhCmX-qjmARNnGG8amZIig0qye3Ld_nbntS-tMfMJxdSBCvi5tEsI4
Is that to give this movie a Michael Bay effect. Have military guard posts every few blocks.

And then the aliens attack
Phat32
AG
Went by the AAC this morning on accident and there was a substantial line already for testing at 6:45AM.
TSUAggie
Are there really that many people with symptoms, or are people just getting tested to be tested?
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
wangus12 said:

yukmonkey said:

No ****ing way. For a 1% killer? Go **** yourself Clay.

My favorite was how he understands the economical impact. Pretty sure he is still drawing a paycheck while I'm waiting to hear if were getting paid right now since our clinic is closed
Did I see you work at Cooper? We are members there. Really missing it. What's the feeling with folks up there?
hatchback
AG
YouBet said:

Did I see you work at Cooper? We are members there. Really missing it. What's the feeling with folks up there?

My parents are members at Cooper. The outdoor track is still open even though everything else is closed. My dad went up there a few times last week to run and get out of the house.
Comeby!
AG
Is that the one in Dallas where the olds go?
YouBet
AG
Comeby! said:

Is that the one in Dallas where the olds go?

Lol. Yes. At 46, we are probably in the bottom 5% of young people there.
752bro4
AG
Waving from the bottom-er 37-year old membership pool.
YouBet
AG
752bro4 said:

Waving from the bottom-er 37-year old membership pool.
Are you in that group of dudes that always play basketball? Those guys make me feel old because I really can't play anymore due to my back. B@stards.
752bro4
AG
I refer to them as the basketball bros. Some are pretty damn good though. I think it's Tuesday evenings they pretty much take over?

Were you a member when the ken doll dude worked out there? Never caught a name, but had more work done on his face than any person I'd ever seen, and was probably in his 30s? Always had a long black wig on, and spent more time prancing station to station and socializing with the blue hairs than anything else. He'd seriously be there 2-3 hours a day and spent half the time tucking his fake hair behind his ears.

Weird dude.
Ag CPA
AG
Made the rounds to CM, Kroger and Wal-Mart in the Southlake area this weekend and all three looked like the shelves were 85-90% stocked at the worst (worst probably being the Kroger on 1709 but still not bad).
AgBQ-00
AG
Same this morning around Keller/alliance. Went early and was probably 80% shelves stocked
YouBet
AG
752bro4 said:

I refer to them as the basketball bros. Some are pretty damn good though. I think it's Tuesday evenings they pretty much take over?

Were you a member when the ken doll dude worked out there? Never caught a name, but had more work done on his face than any person I'd ever seen, and was probably in his 30s? Always had a long black wig on, and spent more time prancing station to station and socializing with the blue hairs than anything else. He'd seriously be there 2-3 hours a day and spent half the time tucking his fake hair behind his ears.

Weird dude.
Yes, I believe it's Tuesdays.

I don't recall that guy so maybe before my time. We've been members for a year. I've never had a gym membership where the gym was deserted after 5 pm, but if you go at 10am on a Wednesday you can't use a single piece of equipment it's so packed.

Just a weird place with the demographics.
wangus12
AG
752bro4 said:

Weird dude.
I still speculate that was not a dude. Or rather someone in the middle of changing.

We are just playing it by ear. When Dallas lets gyms back open, we'll be back. The clinic is still doing some stuff, but its all on a skeleton crew.
Hincemm
AG
Same for the Kroger in NRH (precinct line and Tarrant, which is nicer than the southlake Kroger imo). Mostly stocked but just out of the typical hoarder stuff...
Phat32
AG
We got anyone who personally knows a case yet?
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Not exactly, but got a note today from a family friend his neighbor passed away.

Https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28966107/former-lsu-receiver-orlando-mcdaniel-dies-coronavirus
Carlo4
AG
Just got married a month ago. Two of our guests have relatives that tested positive (3 total positives). One in California passed away yesterday. She was in her early 40s.
YouBet
AG
yukmonkey said:

We got anyone who personally knows a case yet?
I do. A co-worker tested positive on Friday. I've had no contact with him in about a month though.
duck79
AG
Brother got it. He lives in Puerto Rico and was in NYC as all of this was starting. When he got back to PR they quarantined him and told him he had a busted eardrum. He got a second opinion and he was positive. He is in very good shape(college swimmer, runs miles everyday etc) and said he almost passed out one day walking down the street before he knew he had it. He is doing better now.
hatchback
AG
Ol Jock 99
AG
I was told by a connected friend that people have been tearing down barricades at WRL. This is why we can't have nice things.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.