Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread: 2021

353,730 Views | 1753 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mrsbeer05
Badace52
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brown snake...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
12th Man Ag
AG
TheClaw07 said:

ID? Not my picture trying to educate a buddy

Texas Brown Snake
TheClaw07
AG
Thanks. He said he found it dead.
5StarShield
AG
In our pool this morning in Corpus.

YellAgs
AG
Rough earth snake
5StarShield
AG
Thanks. I knew it wasn't a venomous snake and told the wife to use the net to let it go but wasn't exactly sure what species. Honestly, I thought it might be a flathead snake but don't know how to tell the difference.
HoldMyBeer
AG
Grocery shopping turns into snake rescue in Australia

Helaina Alati, a trained snake handler, found a non-venomous Diamond Python while she was browsing her local supermarket in Sydney.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/08/18/snake-in-sydney-supermarket-lon-orig-tp.cnn

DeBoss
AG
My wife would never enter another grocery store for the rest of her life.
BwdAg
AG
Bryan, Texas
Bird93
AG
That is a beautiful specimen.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Wow. Almost looks like a black&white picture of that copperhead
CajunAggie
AG
Beautiful as long as it ain't in my yard....
BCO07
AG
5StarShield said:

In our pool this morning in Corpus.

Pool this afternoon in Matagorda county
KaneIsAble
AG
CajunAggie said:

Beautiful as long as it ain't in my yard....

Heard that.
mandevilleag
Haven't felt the need to terminate a nope rope in a while. This one was in the ditch. I found it while weedeating. The dog likes to hang around the ditch, so he had to go bye bye. First one I've come across in 20 yrs of weeding that ditch.

?1

I cleaned him up to get a better pick after dispatching him.

?1
agcrock2005
AG
Really freakin easy to ID those guys with their demonic mascara look.
agent-maroon
AG

Bagged this little rough earth snake with the line trimmer today. Didn't see it until I was blowing the grass trimmings afterwards.

Guess the positive take would be that if there are little snakes around then there must be a breeding population that survived this last harsh winter. They're the only snakes I ever see on my urban lot and I would miss them if they disappeared.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Touchscreen
AG
Came across this one last night next to a door on a tractor shed, or I should say one of our barn cats did. I walked back and forth past where it was several times without noticing (not very well lighted) until I saw the cat staring intently at something. About 20 inches long. The cat kept inching forward for a closer look until I chased her off - how well would a cat fare if it had gotten bit?

We had a bumper crop of toads this year and they were hopping around all over both inside and outside the shed. I assume moccasins will eat toads?

TresPuertas
AG
not a snake but it's been kind of slow around here lately.

found this dude clinging for dear life on the side of the pool. i suppose he was grateful because he let me hold him and show him off to my kids

HoldMyBeer
AG
Never mind
Badace52
AG
Texas spiny lizard. Wife found the biggest one I've ever seen in our yard yesterday. Didn't get a pic though...
chickencoupe16
AG
I found this guy at work the other day! My first thought when he scurried away was that it was a horny toad. I was really excited but then I got a better look at him and didn't know what he was. First time I've ever seen one.
chickencoupe16
AG
Also, a friend sent me this the other day.
Badace52
AG
Younger Texas spiny lizard with part of his tail missing.
DaveAg02
AG
I catch those Texas Spiny lizards pretty regularly. They are fun to show the kids
12th Man Ag
AG
18" coral snake in Humble yesterday. Completely blanked on snapping a pic.
MouthBQ98
AG
Had to get a 5' rat snake out of the chicken wire in my coop today. It got itself stuck and kept trying to go forward until it was just about strangled. It's lucky I found it before it was too late. Got released.
Coward Jimbo
AG
Touchscreen said:

Came across this one last night next to a door on a tractor shed, or I should say one of our barn cats did. I walked back and forth past where it was several times without noticing (not very well lighted) until I saw the cat staring intently at something. About 20 inches long. The cat kept inching forward for a closer look until I chased her off - how well would a cat fare if it had gotten bit?

We had a bumper crop of toads this year and they were hopping around all over both inside and outside the shed. I assume moccasins will eat toads?

Cottonmouth? Trying to work on my identification skills.

ETA: didn't see where you said moccasin at the end. My bad.
Texmid
AG
Stolen from a friend's facebook post. Near Menard.

12f Mane
AG
Awesome
txags92
AG
Is that a road runner?
agcrock2005
AG
I hunt not too far from there and last dove season everything was grown up pretty high and it was hard to find birds. Finally walked up on one that I had shot about 5 minutes earlier and it was halfway down a bull snakes mouth already. Scared the **** out of me!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Sure looks like the roadrunner was too preoccupied with the coyote that he forgot about the rattlesnake
Badace52
AG
Texmid said:

Very cool... looks like a fledgling roadrunner. You can tell it is a fledgling due to all the pinfeathers. Kinda a turnabout situation since adult roadrunners eat lots of baby rattlers.
DaveAg02
AG
Texmid said:

I am sure there's a more Texas nature pic out there, but I've never seen it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.