Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread: 2021

353,094 Views | 1753 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mrsbeer05
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im Australia literally everything can kill you. Snakes, spiders, plants, the place was not meant for humans.
4stringAg
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Im Australia literally everything can kill you. Snakes, spiders, plants, the place was not meant for humans.
Tiny microscopic irikanji jellyfish, sharks, blue ringed octopi, crocs. Damn.
Romello

ocling
AG
No telling how many "cottonmouths" like that have been killed.
Serious Lee
can barely see the "blotched" pattern on her back. shes probly been identified as 3-4 different types of water snakes. resists temptation to make political reference
KT_Ag08
AG
My parents are out in Carmine as well off Schoeneman Rd. if you know where that is. They've had their fair share of snakes and we certainly see plenty riding around on the UTV along the roads as the sun starts to go down.
P.U.T.U
AG
KT_Ag08 said:

My parents are out in Carmine as well off Schoeneman Rd. if you know where that is. They've had their fair share of snakes and we certainly see plenty riding around on the UTV along the roads as the sun starts to go down.
That is just a few miles north, it is flat out there right? Our property is hilly and has a lot of rocks which seems rare for the area. Also explains the snakes during the day since ones like coachwhips like sitting on them during the fall and spring
KT_Ag08
AG
They've got pretty decent elevation change on their place but not very rocky at all. They've seen copperheads, rat snakes, king snakes, water snakes, and maybe a few others. I've seen a bunch of rattlesnakes on the roads when I go cruise around but luckily they haven't run into any yet.
Romello
ocling said:

No telling how many "cottonmouths" like that have been killed.

No doubt. I ran into this fellow two days in a row on a trail that runs behind our neighborhood. I almost stepped right by him the day before and was on the lookout the next day.
Romello
Backyard
Ag 11
AG
Not a snake but still cool. Usually see this guy down in the ditch but he was out of water this morning

agent-maroon
AG

Quote:

LULING, Louisiana Alligators are a dime a dozen in south Louisiana, but Father Stephen Dardis, pastor of Holy Family Church in Luling, said he was dutifully impressed by the ambitious journey of a 7-foot gator that ended within a few feet of the front steps of the church.

The parish's Facebook page read: "Even the alligators are coming back to church! All are welcome!"
https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2021/05/louisiana-catholic-church-rolling-out-red-carpet-for-lapsed-gators/

A&M related because Fr. Steve is an Aggie:
Quote:

Quote:

He entered the Texas A&M Corps on a Marine Corps scholarship and was involved in student ministry at St. Mary's Catholic Church. It was there that that he most strongly felt the calling to the priesthood.

https://holyfamilychurchluling.com/people/reverend-stephen-dardis
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Romello
Still there. 3rd day in a row. Moved around a little bit but in the same general vicinity. Eye looks a bit opaque. Molting??
aggiedata
AG
Romello said:

Backyard

I thought you were making a joke about that string of lights looking like a snake at first. Took 3 times to see that coral.
Serious Lee
no wonder that gator is going to church, looks like it hasnt eaten in months
TresPuertas
AG
nextdoor special. they said it was a rat snake. i think something different, but not 100%. wanted clarity.
Daddy-O5
AG
Looks like a rat snake with a full belly to me.
DatTallArchitect
AG
I agree with J_Daddy. It's a rat snake with a full belly
jgh85Ag
AG
I would guess dbws only because it does not look zig ziggy enough for a rat.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
vander54
S
J_Daddy05 said:

Yep. Classic rat snake pattern with a large belly.
World's worst proofreader
Badace52
AG
vander54 said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Yep. Classic rat snake pattern with a large belly.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Badace52
AG
Yep, that snake is going to shed in the next few days.

Also, generally it is said birds and insects molt and lizards/snakes shed.

Edit: ignore the emoticon that was an accident
Romello
Badace52 said:

Yep, that snake is going to shed in the next few days.

Also, generally it is said birds and insects molt and lizards/snakes shed.

Edit: ignore the emoticon that was an accident

Learn something everyday. Thank you.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
J_Daddy05 said:

Too full to kink.
Gilligan
AG
You were looking at her toes!

Fetish much?
Null and Void

Badace52
AG
That's a cool pic. Love bald cypress and DBWS's.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
My neighbor stopped me this morning to warn me of the baby copperhead he saw crawl into my yard while he was mowing. My bets are it was a Dekay's. I didn't find anything, but regularly catch Dekay's where he saw it.
jmazz
AG
McKinney, TX. Plain or Yellow - I don't really know how to tell between the two. The musk was strong with this one.
MouthBQ98
AG
Couple of recent captures. Copperhead was 20-22" or so. Rat snake was pushing 5 feet. Grabbed it crawling over my parked riding mower under my carport.

Also, missed a cool picture the other day: two large rat snakes, very possibly this one and a darker colored one about the same size we're having a territorial fight next to my chicken coop. I ran to get my phone and they both took off into the tall grass.

Counterpoint
AG
I realize this is an absolutely horrible pic, but I was wondering if the experts here could still tell what it was. It moved so fast I couldn't get closer before it was gone.

YellAgs
AG
Location?

The kinks make me think rat
Counterpoint
AG
YellAgs said:

Location?

The kinks make me think rat

College Station
mandevilleag
New snek pics from a recent family trip (photos courtesy of my daughter):

from Meeman-Shelby park outside Memphis:

From Cedar Point (Sanduskey, OH) waiting in line for Maverick:

And my daughter just sent this one from Heugh's Canyon trail, SLC, UT:

edit for wrong link.
Daddy-O5
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.