Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread: 2021

353,659 Views | 1753 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mrsbeer05
Never_seen_em_quit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picture taken in Hot Springs, AR in Garvan Woondland Gardens
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Picture is kinda blurry when I zoom in on my phone, but I would say it's a plain bellied water snake.
FrioAg 00
AG
Ask this dude, who clearly got close enough to it for a great ID
12f Mane
Courtesy Flush
AG

ID?
Daddy-O5
AG
Diamondback Water Snake.
TarponChaser
Clearly not my pic, but taken by a friend. Capt. Scott Null is a retired HPD homicide detective and has been a full-time fishing guide for about 15 years and I've fished with him since about 2011 on & off. He's also a tremendous outdoor photographer and culled this shot from his entries to the "Wildlife in Focus" contest, in which he's won several awards in the past.

If you're looking for a light-tackle guide, especially fly fishing from a poling skiff look him up- he's down in POC/Seadrift these days.

Anyway, pretty badass shot.

MAROON
AG
Not a snake but figured some would like to see this. Location Cashiers, NC

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
HoldMyBeer
AG
Venomous snake is on the loose in North Carolina

Saw this on a news feed and thought of y'all.
FrioAg 00
AG
Damn, a huge cobra that spits deadly venom into your eyes from 9 feet away. And some young genius living with his parents let's it get out.

Same funny who got bit by his green mamba this year.
Gilligan
AG
HoldMyBeer said:

Venomous snake is on the loose in North Carolina

Saw this on a news feed and thought of y'all.

People r dumb
FrioAg 00
AG
News says they caught it, porch of the same house it escaped.
htxag09
AG
Went on a run through houston today. A body builder looking dude screamed like a little girl, yelled "ahhhhh f***!" And hid behind his gf/wife when a 9" snake slithered across the path 10' in front of him.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Did you run over and slap him on the ass and call him a little *****?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Was getting ready to go to work last week when my wife noticed a neighbor and her daughter standing in the street looking on our yard. Wife walked out and quickly called for me. Neighbor had seen this feller crawl across the street and up into the yard. 3 year old girl was looking at it barefoot from about 2' away.
HtownAg92
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Was getting ready to go to work last week when my wife noticed a neighbor and her daughter standing in the street looking on our yard. Wife walked out and quickly called for me. Neighbor had seen this feller crawl across the street and up into the yard. 3 year old girl was looking at it barefoot from about 2' away.

Whoa, sneaky. That looks like H-Tine St. Augustine and live oak leaves. Where are you located?

I ask because me kids are very snake curious and my youngest boy is fearless. He'd pick that bastage up like he did the little ribbon he found in the wagon the other day.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Actually Magnolia leaves.

West memorial area.

I was just going to relocate him down to the bayou but Mrs. FTAC01 kindly asked me to dispose of him. While she was fetching me a shovel I took my eyes off of him and lost him in the grass. Had a moment of panic that I didn't think "Um, I can't find it now" would go over very well. Couldn't scare him into moving by kicking leaves or anything.
MouthBQ98
AG
Learned today my wife does not appreciate it when I knock on the front window then present her the 4 foot rat snake I just removed from the hen house. I'm getting good at distracting them with one hand and grabbing them behind the head with the other.
agent-maroon
AG
Women can be like that. My mom had a fit the first time she saw my brother and I walking up to the house with a hognose held in each hand.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Had a dad riding bikes with his daughter run over a coral snake when we were out walking the neighborhood. He apparently didn't do much harm, it crawled into some rocks and jasmine and disappeared. He said he was trying to kill it and I told him he was better off showing his daughter a picture and educating her since that is the easiest snake to identify.

He had that stupid "all snakes are bad" confused look on so I moved on.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
A few I've come across now that I can post pictures:

Coachwhip near Kurten.

Dekay's in CS.

6-7' Indigo near Beeville (snip from a video).
MyNameIsJeff
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Learned today my wife does not appreciate it when I knock on the front window then present her the 4 foot rat snake I just removed from the hen house. I'm getting good at distracting them with one hand and grabbing them behind the head with the other.
The coachwhip in my above post almost made my wife cry. It was right under the gate she had just got out of the truck to open, and she didn't see it until she started to move the gate.
fasthorse05
Not that I don't appreciate the Dekays Brown, but I love Austrailan Shepherds.

To me, there's no better dog, but I had one for 15 years.
12f Mane
AG
Doesn't get better than an indigo
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I've only seen two in the wild and regret that I haven't caught either one. Awesome snakes!
SteveBott
AG
Another really big fan of Indigos. Very cool snake
Daddy-O5
AG
First snake for me in awhile. Little guy.
CURDOG90
AG
?dl=0

First post on this board. Hope picture works.
Bull snake?
CURDOG90
AG
?dl=0
Ag83
AG
CURDOG90 said:

?dl=0

First post on this board. Hope picture works.
Bull snake?
looks like a plain belly water snake to me.

SteveBott
AG
Seems the site does not like Dropbox. Use Imgur to host
CURDOG90
AG
Apparently I'm too old to interweb properly. But it's a cool picture. Sorry for the fail.
Ag83
AG
SteveBott said:

Seems the site does not like Dropbox. Use Imgur to host
if you right click the image and open it in a new tab and then use that url to link to it works (that's what I did to get it to post).
Drip99
AG
Snack time
Cromagnum
AG
I accidentally whacked a large specimen with the weedeater when cleaning up the ditch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.