Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

619,926 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by HalifaxAg
Beetle 92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happy New Year. He dead yet?
JD Shellnut
AG
I wonder what ever happened to this *******.
Credible Source
AG
Yeah, any update? Is he a wealthy brand embassador yet?
AnScAggie
AG
Son of a *****!! I promised myself I'd never look at this thread again!!
AggieChemist
AG
He's in Guinea now. I asked him on facebook if he was going to go through Sierra Leone and Liberia, and he said he heard the roads were "vehicle ruiningly bad". I told him the Landcruisers didn't have any troubles.
Ag_of_08
AG
AggieChemist said:

He's in Guinea now. I asked him on facebook if he was going to go through Sierra Leone and Liberia, and he said he heard the roads were "vehicle ruiningly bad". I told him the Landcruisers didn't have any troubles.

I knew he would Weasle out of the worst of it. Wonder if the reality he's been through the "decent" parts of Africa has set in yet.
TexasAggie_02
AG

The caption to this photo reads "Mountain roads get rough and windy like bad logging roads"

http://theroadchoseme.com/around-central-guinea

That road (as seen in the pic) is not bad at all.
TexasAggie_02
AG
remember when we said that when he gets out in the bush, all there will be are coke bottles full of gas?

Quote:

Supplies are limited in town, so I stock up on rice and pasta, but choose not to buy gas from dirty coke bottles on the side of the road.
AggieChemist
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

remember when we said that when he gets out in the bush, all there will be are coke bottles full of gas?

Quote:

Supplies are limited in town, so I stock up on rice and pasta, but choose not to buy gas from dirty coke bottles on the side of the road.

Yup.
Ark03
AG
#theroadchoseme

The road chose ... poorly.
aggiepublius
AG
Ark03 said:

#theroadchoseme

The road chose ... poorly.

TexasAggie_02
AG
i just checked on GoDaddy, www.theroadchosepoorly.com is available for $2.99
Bockaneer
AG
looks like SE Oklahoma
boogieman
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

The caption to this photo reads "Mountain roads get rough and windy like bad logging roads"

http://theroadchoseme.com/around-central-guinea

That road (as seen in the pic) is not bad at all.
With those ****ing tires, he should laugh at that road. What a putz.
KT 90
AG
AnScAggie said:

Son of a *****!! I promised myself I'd never look at this thread again!!

I actually look at this thread rather than give him page views, which is what he is looking for.
Oogway
Still in Guinea...
ursusguy
AG
Probably trying to figure out "how the f---" do I avoid these next countries.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Or, he ran out of Gas and is waiting for AAA to get there....
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BPZ_8bLjyrx
txags92
AG
Is that ----- at the end where he meant to add "so pathetic." to the end of his sentence?
Texmid
AG
Serious question, is there really a person (over the age of 9) on this planet who has not seen a white person? It's not like he has that Jeep some place a Land Cruiser cannot go. They may not see many white people, but, I'm sure they see one on occasion.
AggieChemist
AG
Texmid said:

Serious question, is there really a person (over the age of 9) on this planet who has not seen a white person? It's not like he has that Jeep some place a Land Cruiser cannot go. They may not see many white people, but, I'm sure they see one on occasion.

I went many places in Sierra Leone where I was quite the spectacle. I am quite certain I was the first white person ever in some of the Ebola villages.
ursusguy
AG
There are still uncontacted tribes in South America and in the Pacific.
Kenneth_2003
AG
ursusguy said:

There are still uncontacted tribes in South America and in the Pacific.
in South America, are they truly uncontacted or has the person/persons making contact just not lived to tell about it?
TXAGFAN
AG
AggieChemist said:

Texmid said:

I went many places in Sierra Leone where I was quite the spectacle. I am quite certain I was the first white person ever in some of the Ebola villages.
I believe it. I went to China where there are literally a billion people and as a tall white guy was like some unicorn.
XpressAg09
AG
Quote:

in South America, are they truly uncontacted or has the person/persons making contact just not lived to tell about it?

This is in the Indian Ocean.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3049022/The-island-dangerous-visit-Mysterious-Sentinelese-tribe-rejected-outsiders-60-000-years-try-kill-sets-foot-land.html
Blanco Jimenez
AG
This guy hasn't been off a main road yet. I'm sure they may not see a lot but villages on the roads this guy is taking have certainly seen a few.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Son of 73 said:

This guy hasn't been off a main road yet. I'm sure they may not see a lot but villages on the roads this guy is taking have certainly seen a few.

He's having second thoughts, thinking about going north to Mali.
Beetle 92
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Son of 73 said:

He's having second thoughts, thinking about going north to Mali.

Whichever way gets you dead the fastest Dan.
-- All of TEXAGS OB
aggiepublius
AG
Don't tell him we are bombing Libya again.

Or maybe he can head to The Gambia. I think he missed it the first time.
txags92
AG
Somebody with more twitter smarts than me and more free time needs to start a @thischoderodeme twitter account and tell the story of his travels from the viewpoint of his Jeep that is disappointed to be sticking to paved roads and resort campgrounds.
TexasAggie_02
AG
well, he got the tires muddy. still technically on the road though.

https://instagr.am/p/BPfgRyXjh7P
TexasAggie_02
AG
so is someone traveling with him again, or did he have one of the poor stuck truckers record that for him?
Tree Hugger
AG
So who is working the camera?
trip
AG
He still has yet to go on a road that is harder than anything on my land and I don't think I have anything bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.