Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

622,130 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
Post removed:
by user
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Technically yes. Sorry bud.
Whitetail
AG
"Millennials, whom we define as those ages 18-34 in 2015"
Triad
AG
Take it to the GB, dummies.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
You appear to have money so people are going to ask you for spare change or charge you for helping you.

This is part of what really kills me. In touristy areas of Morocco this is a completely common occurrence.
Mexico, too.
Louisiana, too.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
You appear to have money so people are going to ask you for spare change or charge you for helping you.

This is part of what really kills me. In touristy areas of Morocco this is a completely common occurrence.
Mexico, too.
Louisiana, too.
Parts of Houston, too, for that matter.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Mexico, too.
Louisiana, too.
Parts of Houston, too, for that matter.
Basically, everywhere within a 5 mile radius of Coog High
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
That's a really large swath to group together. People who were 34 in 2015 were 20 and in college when the twin towers fell. People who were 18 in 2015 don't even remember it.

I know we just say "millennials", but I feel there are two very distinct groups there - remember 9/11 or don't. You can't re-create an experience like that and they will have very different views of the world.

That being said, this is a completely different thread. Let's keep it on track with criticizing this moron in Morocco.
techno-ag
AG
Youngsters.

I keed.
JD Shellnut
AG
quote:
quote:
That's a really large swath to group together. People who were 34 in 2015 were 20 and in college when the twin towers fell. People who were 18 in 2015 don't even remember it.

I know we just say "millennials", but I feel there are two very distinct groups there - remember 9/11 or don't. You can't re-create an experience like that and they will have very different views of the world.

That being said, this is a completely different thread. Let's keep it on track with criticizing this moron in Morocco.

That's about the same span of years for every generation.
txags92
AG
New Army...
Post removed:
by user
aggieforester05
AG
I'm 33 and it's hard to see any similarities of people my age and the people that are 18 now, even compared to when my age group was 18. Social media has really changed the world quickly and I think that is the biggest contributor.
AZAG08
AG
quote:
So, wait.. Class of 08 are millenials?
Sadly we get roped in with that bunch
txags92
AG
Don't worry...you will soon start saying or doing things that will make you stop and realize that you sound exactly like your father. Every generation thinks the one that came after them is worthless...
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
I'm 35, will turn 36 in November. No way in hell you're lumping me in with a kid that still can't buy his own beer!

Now... In more pressing matters...
Is he dead yet?
cmag
I missed the cutoff by a year so I feel comfortable saying millenials are a bunch of pansy-ass *****es
cmag
I also feel comfortable saying 34 year olds have always felt like 18 year olds were worthless. That's the age where you start to really realize youth is truly wasted on the young.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I wish he would have taken a BroDozer with LED lights, black smoke exhaust, and a YETI sticker to Africa. That JEEP isn't going to make it very far and they'll laugh at him while he cruises the Sonic in Algeria.
Salt of the water
AG
I had jury duty today and started from page one. This thread delivers!
Mathguy64
AG
Hi Dan!

Just ignore all this generational talk. Don't let this thread sidebar keep you from meeting your goal and your maker down the road. So tell Emily to pack up the sammich makings, make sure you fill that undercarriage water tank and hit the road bro. You ain't dyin' if you ain't tryin'
Potlicker
AG
Back to the trip... Love how everybody is picking death dates and describing how the dude is gonna die and then getting frustrated and bothered he isn't dead yet. Now this site is on his Reddit thread and folks are commenting on his pics of the poor, etc.... Just let it all play out-- no need to let whatever this dude posts on his trip get folks here worked up. Most here think he's gonna die on the trip anyway or back out before he gets in too deep...
jpd301
AG
quote:
Actually, maybe the real question is whether AQIM kills him and takes his stuff or keeps him as a slave.
I wonder if we'll get to see is jeep in missile cam from a drone strike after they take his stuff.
att hello
Wow, some of you have really fallen into the internet mob mentality. You're sicker than this dude if you really want him to die, be beheaded or whatever else psychotic crap is being spewed. Go play some golf, fish, spend time with your family and step away from the computer for a bit.
FrioAg 00
AG
No in here actually wants this DB to die, and if you don't realize that then please don't participate in message boards.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Wow, some of you have really fallen into the internet mob mentality. You're sicker than this dude if you really want him to die, be beheaded or whatever else psychotic crap is being spewed. Go play some golf, fish, spend time with your family and step away from the computer for a bit.

Swing and a miss
att hello
quote:
No in here actually wants this DB to die, and if you don't realize that then please don't participate in message boards.

Just on the last page:

quote:
I would enjoy seeing him beheaded.

Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Don't take yourself too seriously there, buddy... We do all of those things and are perfectly normal, functioning human beings (most of us anyway). Personally, I don't want him to die. But he is VERY unprepared for this trip, and that's the likely outcome. The pool was a lighthearted way of approaching the situation rather than speak somberly about it for months on end.

So he starts his journey and it's not at all what he blogged about. He is talking about Morocco like its some war-torn hellhole and it's just not the truth. Then he went and posted the pictures of the kids, etc. and has shown his ass - he's a completely self-absorbed ******. He is the height of narcissism now, screaming "Look at me!" and trumping up his trip.

So take your sanctimonious, holier-than-thou comments elsewhere.
att hello
quote:
quote:
Don't take yourself too seriously there, buddy... We do all of those things and are perfectly normal, functioning human beings (most of us anyway). Personally, I don't want him to die. But he is VERY unprepared for this trip, and that's the likely outcome. The pool was a lighthearted way of approaching the situation rather than speak somberly about it for months on end.

So he starts his journey and it's not at all what he blogged about. He is talking about Morocco like its some war-torn hellhole and it's just not the truth. Then he went and posted the pictures of the kids, etc. and has shown his ass - he's a completely self-absorbed ******. He is the height of narcissism now, screaming "Look at me!" and trumping up his trip.

So take your sanctimonious, holier-than-thou comments elsewhere.

Nah, we don't all do those things. You might not want him to die, but there are other people on this thread who do. I am going against the mob here, so I fully expected some push-back.

Pointing out that there is a chance of death, is much different than actually rooting for it. There are people here who are rooting for that to happen. This thread actually makes the general board seem normal.
Buck Compton
AG
By we all do that I meant golf, time with families, etc.

There may be a few that are rooting for it but they'd be the minority by far. Some of them may even be heathens from the GB crossing over.
End Of Message
AG
Relax, guy. No one is rooting for Dan to be killed. In fact, I'd bet good money that, given the chance, any poster on this thread would aggressively try to dissuade him from carrying on any further without better preparation.

NickNaylor
quote:
quote:
Relax, guy. No one is rooting for Dan to be killed. In fact, I'd bet good money that, given the chance, any poster on this thread would aggressively try to dissuade him from carrying on any further without better preparation.

Are you not taking the quote below at face value?

quote:
I would enjoy seeing him beheaded.

No, you should not take the quote at face value.
att hello
quote:
By we all do that I meant golf, time with families, etc.

There may be a few that are rooting for it but they'd be the minority by far. Some of them may even be heathens from the GB crossing over.

I agree that the majority of posters in this thread are tame, but there a few who really take it over the top.
End Of Message
AG
I take that quote in the context of this thread--tongue in cheek harassment of a kid poorly (dangerously) prepared to take on sub-Saharan Africa.

This is the Outdoors Board of TexAgs, not Lord of the Flies.
cmag
The guy wants attention. We're giving it to him

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.