Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

633,459 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by HalifaxAg
aggieforester05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're going to need some dash cam footage of him traversing a river, rough trail, or crowd of maniacs. At least a story line with some photos. This posting an instagram pic every few days of a stair case or landscape view with a one sentence description is going to get boring fast.
aggieforester05
AG
DP
Post removed:
by user
aggieforester05
AG
The first one never even went through until I refreshed the page. Come back later and there is another. Texags is wonky this morning.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
quote:
My money is on him proceeding at a snail's pace and we all lose interest

Yeah... Seeing activity in the thread, only to read another "is he dead yet", is kinda anticlimactic.
These are just the OB comedians, I made a comment to this effect a couple days and deleted it because people were still starring and LOLing these dumb comments.
BringJackieBack89
AG
quote:
We're going to need some dash cam footage of him traversing a river, rough trail, or crowd of maniacs. At least a story line with some photos. This posting an instagram pic every few days of a stair case or landscape view with a one sentence description is going to get boring fast.
Well, at least he hasn't mislabeled any landmarks yet...

And I cannot wait for him to get to Egypt and post pictures of the Taj Mahal!
cuz-i-can
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah... Seeing activity in the thread, only to read another "is he dead yet", is kinda anticlimactic.
These are just the OB comedians, I made a comment to this effect a couple days and deleted it because people were still starring and LOLing these dumb comments.
So are yall taking this more seriously or just awaiting more substantial updates? I enjoy all these "dumb" comments.
GinaLinetti
AG
Blow on....
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I like where this thread has gone. It's a mess for all sorts of great reasons, but its a good mess.

Jeep guy is the perfect storm of inexperience, ineptness, foolhardiness, and narcissism with just enough follow-through to actually get himself into a really bad situation.

Even the OB locals struggle to look away from a completely preventable train wreck. And since it is one guy a long way away, whose fate will eventually be determined by his flaws (or he will tuck his tail and run) it is a nice distraction to make sure that I don't spend my whole day working.
End Of Message
AG
It is what it is
aggiepublius
AG
Somebody needs to find some more gems like the congo thread while we wait.
TXAGFAN
AG
All I'm saying is a daily post of "is he dead yet" is pretty unimaginative and lame, like a second grade knock knock joke.
Beetle 92
AG
He still livin'?
CactusThomas
AG
Is the Jeep dead yet?
bobbranco
AG
Has he checked his water supply?
aggieforester05
AG
At least he knows it's always boiling so he doesn't have to worry about bacteria. Evaporation might be an issue though....
35chililights
AG
Maybe homeboy's GPS is off, and he is just circling the old Second Ward of Houston. Either way, he gone.
EMY92
AG
quote:
All I'm saying is a daily post of "is he dead yet" is pretty unimaginative and lame, like a second grade knock knock joke.
Well, it is the question that has driven almost 90,000 views of this thread.

It may be overdone, but it's what we all wonder every time we see a new post on this thread.
bobbranco
AG
Has he run out of victuals?
powerbelly
AG
I imagine water may be his downfall.
DDSO
BlueMiles
AG
I wonder if he's talked with these others he is "following" about the cash vs credit situation.
STX Ag
AG
Is he dead?
texrover91
AG
Good thing left France before Bastille Day -
Credible Source
AG
By the time that dude either dies or finishes his journey, this thread will be bigger than Kyle field redevelopment thread.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
quote:
Somebody needs to find some more gems like the congo thread while we wait.
Melissa and I are hoping to drve from Lundazi, Zambia to Arusha, Tanzania in September. Should I chronicle our journey?
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
quote:
I imagine water may be his downfall.
You can buy bottled water everywhere I've been here, but most don't take plastic.
Westi
AG
Found this thread about a month and a half late, but I've read it all from the beginning and I can't get enough. Hoping for new updates soon.
ElephantRider
AG
Any updates?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
With the crap that went down in France just a stones throw away from where he is, I bet homeboy hunkers down for a while.
Terk
AG
Is he dead yet?
CactusThomas
AG
I think so, who picked the 17th?
Whitetail
AG
You did silly.
aggieforester05
AG
Please do, that would be very interesting!
Zemira
AG
I'm thinking if he disappears/meets untimely death there will be 200+ responses to the thread so quit asking.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.