*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

268,050 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is because there is a 2.01 patch as well as turning on Tess.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
It is just silly that it doesn't happen at 3am when not many people would be playing.
30_Days
AG
quote:
It is just silly that it doesn't happen at 3am when not many people would be playing.

from an IT guy perspective, I'm happy that they do it in the middle of the day. Much much more difficult to launch something like this and support it in the middle of the night than in the middle of the day.

in our office almost ever major production cutover happens mid-day, when every developer, engineer, architect, and technician is on duty.
Beau Holder
AG
I missed out on two Nightfalls last week.

Ready to knock out all three quickly this week and also dominate some IB.
MBAR
AG
quote:
I missed out on two Nightfalls last week.

Ready to knock out all three quickly this week and also dominate some IB.
I'm not sure they're worth it anymore. They don't give the buff, so I'm sure there's an increased shot at an exotic but probably not much of a chance. If you get something like 3 of coins then it REALLY sucks. They probably need to buff NF rewards. I missed two last week also and I don't even care. Its better to do the raid with the time, I think.
MBAR
AG
RIP shot package. RIP OP Black Spindle.
MBAR
AG
I never infused my 310 spindle. Damn it.
Beezy2389
AG
Strange coins are gonna be tougher to get as well now (even though they added something to buy from xur that will require them)
MBAR
AG
Pulse Rifle from IB looks legit.
mid90
AG
Anyone wanna do IB tonight? I think I've already got 3 including me, so looking for 3 more.
Beezy2389
AG
little upset about the 280 light level gear
bevokilla
AG
I'll be on around 9:30 or 10 looking to IB. I need that pulse rifle
30_Days
AG
quote:
little upset about the 280 light level gear
thank the gods for infusion

I've got several 295+ blues standing by to use as infuse fuel
dwit392
I think the primary method of rewards was meant to be the drops you get (hopefully drop rates are pretty decent). I hope those drops will be at a light level comparable to whatever light you are (up to 300 potentially), but I do agree it is pretty annoying. I was hoping IB would be a way to guarantee myself an increase in light and now it appears not be that at all.

The pulse rifle is very solid, the only real bad thing about it is the handling (hawksaw on the other hand has amazing handling). If the recoil pattern is vertical it may become my go to PVP weapon, but I do have a lot of choices.

Beezy2389
AG
Wouldn't be as upset if they had unique perks but other than a good pulse rifle doesn't look like much
Beezy2389
AG
also need 3 more for a raid if anyone is interested
Prime0882
AG
Not only did they nerf the Strange Coin drop rate, but the drop rate of weapons parts from blues and greens as well?

Increasing the grind of this game is not a way to retain this player... too many other games out there to be played.
30_Days
AG
quote:
Not only did they nerf the Strange Coin drop rate, but the drop rate of weapons parts from blues and greens as well?

Increasing the grind of this game is not a way to retain this player... too many other games out there to be played.

A lot of the nerfs can be directly attributed to closing exploits that people were using to cheat the game.

But on the upside to the weapon part, they drop 20% less but they're worth 33% more in faction rep, so you actually come out ahead.
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:

A lot of the nerfs can be directly attributed to closing exploits that people were using to cheat the game.

But on the upside to the weapon part, they drop 20% less but they're worth 33% more in faction rep, so you actually come out ahead.
Only if you're using them for faction rep, which I'm pretty sure almost no one was.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
quote:

I know that there are some hardcore players out there that may still have a ton of resources in their banks, but I'm not one of them. And, it looks like those hurting for weapons parts are in the majority. I have never spent weapons parts on faction rep, and envy those people that can.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Only if you're using them for faction rep, which I'm pretty sure almost no one was.
which is precisely why they changed the drop rate and the reward.

You don't need very many at all for upgrading weapons unless you're churning through a lot of different ones. So right now they're mostly just piling up in peoples' inventories.
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You don't need very many at all for upgrading weapons unless you're churning through a lot of different ones. So right now they're mostly just piling up in peoples' inventories.

Ehhhh, exotic weapons take quite a bit.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ehhhh, exotic weapons take quite a bit.
and exotic weapons level painfully slow. Unless you're burning motes of light or stacking exp bonuses and bounties, there's no reason that random drops can't keep pace with the need for weapon parts.

I burned all of my stocked up weapon parts from yr 1 on rep the first few days, and the only time since then that I've run out was when I was using the redbull exp bonus and burning motes of light.
Prime0882
AG
10 weapons parts per exotic node, plus 10 to infuse each time quickly adds up.

I just find it hard to believe that people somehow, at the start of an expansion, have so many weapons parts to burn that they're burning them on faction rep. Reducing weapon parts drop just adds to the grind for the majority of players... having to grind just leads to burnout faster.
Beau Holder
AG
The raid is too time-consuming to be the only way to get 300+ light level gear. It's really starting to annoy me. If IB is 280 then Trials gear better be 300+.
MBAR
AG
Oh just saw what the NF was this week. Chances of me doing it are zero.
Beezy2389
AG
apparently there are now some 330 atk weapons dropping in the raid and strikes and from engrams which'll help with getting up above
kill0509
AG
Jumping on for IB, raid, etc. as soon as this update finishes.
mid90
AG
Anyone having trouble with the update? Mine wouldn't start, and now i have apparently deleted the previous updates. So I'm staring down an 18 gig download. ....
30_Days
AG
quote:
Anyone having trouble with the update? Mine wouldn't start, and now i have apparently deleted the previous updates. So I'm staring down an 18 gig download. ....

so here's the trick.

Back out of the big screen that opens when you try and open Destiny.

Go into your "Notifications" menu and go down to "Downloads"

There you'll see the status of the download and the update.

Leave it on that screen until it completes, shouldn't actually take more than 15 or 20 minutes at most.
Aggie_3
Anyone down to help me with a couple of quest?
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

so here's the trick.

Leave it on that screen until it completes, shouldn't actually take more than 15 or 20 minutes at most.

Even if it says 87 minutes left?
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

so here's the trick.

Even if it says 87 minutes left?
should pick up. Mine hung up at 75% for about 5 minutes then jumped to 89%

PSN actually uses a "torrent" like system for distributing downloads and updates, so it can ebb and flow, and the estimate times are anything but reliable.
mid90
AG
Now says 6 hours
spieg12
AG
quote:
10 weapons parts per exotic node, plus 10 to infuse each time quickly adds up.

I just find it hard to believe that people somehow, at the start of an expansion, have so many weapons parts to burn that they're burning them on faction rep. Reducing weapon parts drop just adds to the grind for the majority of players... having to grind just leads to burnout faster.

I had over 1000 weapon parts and armor materials just on my warlock but my time played is off the charts so there's that. Weapons and armor used to be much worse. Legendarys and exotics took 25 per node.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.