*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

263,792 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hopping on now, and have a buddy as well
Saxsoon
AG
Guys that was amazing. My buddy Sero also really appreciated it and said you all were great.
redbaron788
AG
No problem, he was great. We've all had trouble at some point in the raids. He wasn't nearly as bad as fmz was in the vault jump puzzle
Tex117
AG
How far did you guys get?

I'll be on tomorrow before college football gets underway.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
No problem, he was great. We've all had trouble at some point in the raids. He wasn't nearly as bad as fmz was in the vault jump puzzle
FMZ... that was great. Dude is my jumping spirit animal.
Prime0882
AG
Anyone have a charged Agonarch rune? One of the last fragments I need.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

We got it.

Getting to Oryx took about 2.5 hours. Oryx took another 1.5 hours
Drake aTm
AG
Thanks for the help guys. That was my first time beating oryx.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:

We got it.

Getting to Oryx took about 2.5 hours. Oryx took another 1.5 hours
Congratulations to the TexAgs team!

Now that we know the drill, I'm sure it will begin to go MUCH faster.

Looking forward to more raids! What in the world will hard mode be?
Saxsoon
AG
We actually beat Golgoroth and Warpriest first time. Daughter maybe 2nd or 3rd time. Oryx was a ***** though
Saxsoon
AG
And I really mean a *****
Tex117
AG
quote:
We actually beat Golgoroth and Warpriest first time. Daughter maybe 2nd or 3rd time. Oryx was a ***** though
Yup, the Oryx fight is pure execution.

My favorite fight is Golgoroth...it is the most mechanically interesting fight in the game with different strategies to do it.

Oryx, there is ONE way, it must be done close to flawlessly...and thats it.
bevokilla
AG
Pugged it last night up to oryx and we are going to pick it up tonight to finish it off. Ended up with a 307 ghost she'll, 306 warlock bond, and 306 shotgun.
Saxsoon
AG
Got two boots, but I got them last week and they were lower than what I had before. I just need the ghost shell and everything I have is above 290.

The 310 artifact for completing road to king's fall is great though
Prime0882
AG
Quick thank you to Tex and G8Spectre! Just finished the last Touch of Malice mission and got the weapon.

I do believe I've beaten The Taken King now until hard mode comes out.
mid90
AG
Anyone wanna raid with a noob today? I've got the atheon checkpoint at VoG, and am also interested in attempting Crota's End.

I'll be on before 1pm and then again around 6pm.
Saxsoon
AG
Just got the darkblade helm for my titan
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Got the taken king Friday after work, this is a fun. Most addicting game I've played in a long time.

Psn: Urmomsmuffintop

32 or 33 hunter
Saxsoon
AG
For the raid I found the stormcaller was key for all of the raid until oryx. Add removal was key but in oryx it removes the ability to dps oryx with a sniper. I found sunsinger was more useful there especially if I died while in the second half.

I would also recommend moving from black spindle to 1000 yard stare for the extra bullet before reloading since you can't crit oryx .

If I can level up tlaloc a little more, it would be clutch while holding back radiance during the oryx fight.
Prime0882
AG
Already decided that my next marks purchase is that 1000-Yard Stare from the Vanguard. Nothing else I have non Black Spindle is as nice as that one.
30_Days
AG
has anybody been checking the vanguard and faction gear and weapons regularly?

do the bonuses and traits change periodically, like with the reset?
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Already decided that my next marks purchase is that 1000-Yard Stare from the Vanguard. Nothing else I have non Black Spindle is as nice as that one.
I have a 300 Tao Hua Yuan with a good roll and I enjoy it as much as any sniper I've ever used after Eye of Sol.
30_Days
AG
My biggest non-raid need right now is some 298 or 299 light rare primaries and heavies for infusion fuel. I've got rare specials at 295 or higher, but no primaries or heavies

Am also pissed at myself for how many legendarily I tossed early when I needed the marks
bevokilla
AG
I finished King's Fall with my reddit fireteam on Saturday with an Oryx kill on the first attempt. Ended up getting the Scout Rifle which is pretty damn good.
Prime0882
AG
quote:

Looks like currently that the inventory they have does not change, but I can't remember from vanilla Destiny if the inventories were also static, or if they changed periodically as well.

That Hung Jury scout rifle from Dead Orbit with Triple Tap and Firefly has been there since release. The 1000 Yard State from Vanguard comes with Triple tap and has Mulligan. Both of those are great PVE weapons.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I finished King's Fall with my reddit fireteam on Saturday with an Oryx kill on the first attempt. Ended up getting the Scout Rifle which is pretty damn good.
Nice! I ended up getting the Machine Gun and Scout rifle and found both of those to be really good. Supposedly most of the weapons are pretty lackluster, but those two are the standouts.
spieg12
AG
The Vanguard pulse rifle apple of discord from the quartermaster that you can buy has amazing perks on it too. It has full auto and headseeker. Also it's a Hakke so it's a four round burst rifle.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:

Looks like currently that the inventory they have does not change, but I can't remember from vanilla Destiny if the inventories were also static, or if they changed periodically as well.

That Hung Jury scout rifle from Dead Orbit with Triple Tap and Firefly has been there since release. The 1000 Yard State from Vanguard comes with Triple tap and has Mulligan. Both of those are great PVE weapons.
that's unfortunate. I'd like to have a full set of FWC armor for aesthetic reasons, but they seem hung up on pulse rifle buffs for some reason. I hate pulse rifles.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
The Vanguard pulse rifle apple of discord from the quartermaster that you can buy has amazing perks on it too. It has full auto and headseeker. Also it's a Hakke so it's a four round burst rifle.
As someone who absolutely wrecked with The Messenger (Adept) after I got it, I was stoked when I first saw Apple of Discord. I must say though, it took some getting used to. I don't know if it's the fourth round or the sights options, but it wasn't until yesterday after a week of using it that I started feeling consistent with it.
Saxsoon
AG
My current logout on my warlock in regular non raid is as follows

Bad juju- just so damn amazing
Susanoo- warlock fusion that changes elements based on your subclass
Void sword

Or

The villainy- fwc pulse rifle that has danger close where handling is better with two enemies close and army of one. Got it from package not vendor

Susanoo again or maybe 1000 yard stare
Thunderlord- noticed just now that crits can cause an electric firefly which is disgusting in crowds. Must be a hidden perk
30_Days
AG
on my main

Hung Jury SR4
Stillpiercer
Arc Edge / Truth

on my alt

SUROS Regime
Tao Hua Yuan
Sol Edge / The Variable

I move gear around a LOT though. If I'm not doing something where I specifically have to maximize DPS I'll rotate through other legendary weapons to give them exp. For example, on my alt I recently went through a very nice Zarinaa-D that I was quite happy with, and I'm currently charging up a Dealbreaker that's impressive as well.
bevokilla
AG
I have been trying Tlaloc in the crucible and I like it quite a bit. I just started using the raid scout and like it so far but I got an Apple of Discord from a package with Rangefinder, snapshot, and headseeker that I used through king's fall and I like it quite a bit.

Zhalo's Supercell is still my go to for daily's and the dreadnaught though. That thing was made for killing Hive and Taken

For specials I rotate through the legendary shotgun you get from one of the quests, 1000yd stare, Susanoo, and 4th Horseman. I have a Hereafter but I dont like it as much as the 1000 yard stare.
dwit392
Pretty sure everything stays the same, unfortunately.

If anyone is looking for decent/good PVP weapons from the vendors/quests, I would recommend the Hawksaw (pulse) from the crucible quartermaster (use the projection sight and smallbore). I might actually end up taking it into trials, I like it so much. The new monarchy sniper has great stats and pretty good perks, but I have heard a lot of people don't like the scope (so I don't really have any recommendations on that).

The 1000YS (sniper) from the quest line feels exactly like the old LDR. The perks are pretty trash on that sniper, but the scope (shortgaze) and base stats have allowed me to use it successfully.

The Hung Jury (scout) from DO has good base stats although I am not a huge fan of that rate of fire/damage archetype for PVP.

Unfortunately those are the only things I can recommend. The Conspiracy Theory (shotgun) from the quest line is decent in PVP at least and will probably be as good as you can get for now unless you get lucky.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Pretty sure everything stays the same, unfortunately.

If anyone is looking for decent/good PVP weapons from the vendors/quests, I would recommend the Hawksaw (pulse) from the crucible quartermaster (use the projection sight and smallbore). I might actually end up taking it into trials, I like it so much. The new monarchy sniper has great stats and pretty good perks, but I have heard a lot of people don't like the scope (so I don't really have any recommendations on that).

The 1000YS (sniper) from the quest line feels exactly like the old LDR. The perks are pretty trash on that sniper, but the scope (shortgaze) and base stats have allowed me to use it successfully.

The Hung Jury (scout) from DO has good base stats although I am not a huge fan of that rate of fire/damage archetype for PVP.

Unfortunately those are the only things I can recommend. The Conspiracy Theory (shotgun) from the quest line is decent in PVP at least and will probably be as good as you can get for now unless you get lucky.

Hung Jury is serviceable on medium to long range maps. I have a non-vendor (i.e., from a Dead Orbit package) one and I really like it. It has the same base stats as Tlaloc (they are barely different in stats and feel near identical as they are both Omolon with similar scopes). If you are a scout rifle fan who isn't quick to use their super (think Trials here or just only when optimum in control/clash) then Tlaloc is honestly a beast. I know it was mentioned earlier and I second it. It's perk overflow is only active when you have a full super (see the weapon's stats here and note the Overflow perk. The difference between the two is states (super v. non-super) is very noticeable. So -- without a super you are using a very good (but not great) weapon in the form of Hung Jury. When you have it, you are in god mode. Basically, In PvP, you'll have a Scout Rifle with the Impact of a VoC and the RoF of the MIDA Multi-Tool. So -- yeah.. dominant! All with basically zero recoil and quick reloading/weapon switching!

For those of you who never play Warlock, I'd say leveling up the gunsmith to rank 3 just to get it is certainly worth it. I am not sure if it is better than Ace of Spaces (the Hunter exotic) in general --- but when you have your super full I am not sure there is a better medium range weapon in the game right now (I am ignoring all light level < 200 weapons like Adept Messenger).
dwit392
Hehe, I forgot about that one since I haven't leveled up my warlock. Yes, likely the best gun in the game when you have your super up. It wouldn't be a bad idea to use Bad Juju then switch to the Tlaloc when you super comes up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.