*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

267,965 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
30_Days
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Question for the pros. I just started playing a few days ago and really am liking the experience. I do have this device that will auto level me to 25. Is it worth doing, or should i save it for an alternate character?
If you want to do the year 1 missions and content, then don't bother with it, by the time you finish the year 1 content you'll be at 25.

The auto leveling is for if you want to just jump straight to the TTK content.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Question for the pros. I just started playing a few days ago and really am liking the experience. I do have this device that will auto level me to 25. Is it worth doing, or should i save it for an alternate character?
if you plan on playing all the way through, i would just save it. It was intended to entice ppl that have been playing on one character all along to start a new one, without having to completely start over from the beginning.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
I would use it on your 3rd character. By that point, you will probably find the first missions tedious and you can skip past them.

I know you are on your first character, but one word of advice. Once your first character hits 40, there are 2 quest chains you can do, one with Lord Shaxx to get a legendary sword and 1 with Petra in the reef to get an exotic scout rifle called the Boolean Gemini. Both of these items can be used at level 30, so try to complete the quests pretty early so you can use these weapons with your 2nd and 3rd character. They make a huge difference.
Tex117
AG
Yup, what the other guys said.

Besides, the level up thing does NOT level up your subclass. You will need that exp by just running the story missions.

RichoSwave
AG
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll save my auto level for now to at least experience the game once. My tag is the same as my TA user name so look me up sometime if you want.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
I would use it on your 3rd character. By that point, you will probably find the first missions tedious and you can skip past them.

I know you are on your first character, but one word of advice. Once your first character hits 40, there are 2 quest chains you can do, one with Lord Shaxx to get a legendary sword and 1 with Petra in the reef to get an exotic scout rifle called the Boolean Gemini. Both of these items can be used at level 30, so try to complete the quests pretty early so you can use these weapons with your 2nd and 3rd character. They make a huge difference.

You can't get the Petra quest chain unless you're level 3 rep with her, which takes a minimum of almost 2 months if you didn't level your rep with her during Year 1.
MBAR
AG
quote:

Besides, the level up thing does NOT level up your subclass. You will need that exp by just running the story missions.

Wow so they make you level 25 with no abilities? Thats pretty terrible, IMO.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:

not really. TTK has about the same amount of story content at vanilla, maybe a little more actually. You started year 1 with no abilities.
Pac1698
AG
I finished the lost and found quest last night, but did not receive the Boolean Gemini. Do you guys know what exactly are the requirements for getting it? I'm rank 6 with Petra and I'm on the (I think it's called) a new den mission on the wolves of mars quest line. I've looked it up and it seemed to be tied to the queen's wrath rank being over 3. Others say that you have to finish the wolves of mars quest and be rank 3. Is this correct? Thanks!
30_Days
AG
Once you complete both the Taken War: Petra and House if Wolves quest lines you have to wait for the daily reset, then Petra will give you the Lost and Found quest to get your Boolean Gemini
bevokilla
AG
quote:
I finished the lost and found quest last night, but did not receive the Boolean Gemini. Do you guys know what exactly are the requirements for getting it? I'm rank 6 with Petra and I'm on the (I think it's called) a new den mission on the wolves of mars quest line. I've looked it up and it seemed to be tied to the queen's wrath rank being over 3. Others say that you have to finish the wolves of mars quest and be rank 3. Is this correct? Thanks!
I had to finish all of the quests in the reef with the exception of of the weekly bounties to get mine including killing fallen on all three planets. I don't know if you have done that step yet but I think that was the last quest before I got mine.
Saxsoon
AG
I am out tonight for the raid, sorry guys
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

not really. TTK has about the same amount of story content at vanilla, maybe a little more actually. You started year 1 with no abilities.
Yeah have fun on some of those early TTK missions without even being able to double jump or without a grenade much less without a super. When you started TTK most people had everything leveled on two trees and you were given a third one with many things already leveled. You didn't have to start from scratch on that last tree.

Having no extra ability at 25 will not be a fun experience for anyone.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah have fun on some of those early TTK missions without even being able to double jump or without a grenade much less without a super. When you started TTK most people had everything leveled on two trees and you were given a third one with many things already leveled. You didn't have to start from scratch on that last tree.

i literally did exactly that on my third character and didn't have any issues, even without double jump or anything.
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i literally did exactly that on my third character and didn't have any issues, even without double jump or anything.
Yeah but you forgive Bungee for everything.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah but you forgive Bungee for everything.
no, but I don't begrudge games for being difficult. that's kind of the point.
MBAR
AG
Nah, the point of the game is to be entertaining. Unnecessary grind isn't entertaining to most people. Different strokes for different folks, but if you like grinding then I can see why you would defend some things. Me? I like popping supers and shooting things in the face with cool guns. I don't care one bit for the grind because its tedious.

Difficult and Tedious are not the same thing.
30_Days
AG
quote:
Nah, the point of the game is to be entertaining. Unnecessary grind isn't entertaining to most people. Different strokes for different folks, but if you like grinding then I can see why you would defend some things. Me? I like popping supers and shooting things in the face with cool guns. I don't care one bit for the grind because its tedious.

and that's why destiny is interesting and divisive. Some people think it's a shooter that's bogged down with half-assed MMORPG elements, others think it's an MMORPG that's been boiled down to appeal to shooter fans, and they're both at least part right.

I like MMORPGs, and I wish Destiny was more of one.
MBAR
AG
As a whole, I'm sure most people in the game would agree that Bungee has done well with Destiny. They made a lot of errors at the start, and they've done things to make the grind less. But they still mess up. IE the Nightfall changes in the TTK.

I think that for me, the TTK is nearing its shelf life. Hard mode will come out, and I'll beat it, and then I'll run it for awhile to get drops. But I definitely won't be going after every exotic the way I did the first year. Trials will hopefully be good and keep me around for a bit as well.

But eventually all there will be left for me will be quests to gather 50 hardium flakes or 4290814082140128 calcified fragments and I just don't care enough about those guns to sit there and grind them out.
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:

and that's why destiny is interesting and divisive. Some people think it's a shooter that's bogged down with half-assed MMORPG elements, others think it's an MMORPG that's been boiled down to appeal to shooter fans, and they're both at least part right.

Ehhhh, I'm not sure disliking the grind is really divisive. I mean, I'm pretty sure out of all the Tex Ags posters you're the only one who wants more of the grind.
MBAR
AG
It'll be interesting to see what Battlefront does to the Destiny playerbase. I suspect its going to take a large chunk of it. Especially as Destiny doesn't have anything coming out (AFAIK) in the foreseeable future.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ehhhh, I'm not sure disliking the grind is really divisive. I mean, I'm pretty sure out of all the Tex Ags posters you're the only one who wants more of the grind.
TexAgs posters are mostly shooter fans it seems. I haven't really heard any complaints about the grind in my clan.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:
I had to finish all of the quests in the reef with the exception of of the weekly bounties to get mine including killing fallen on all three planets. I don't know if you have done that step yet but I think that was the last quest before I got mine.
BTW Reddit Boolean Gemini Guide
Prime0882
AG
quote:

I have hope that Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money... *ahem,* excuse me, Destiny 2, will be better and a little less divisive. A few years of learning from their mistakes, and hopefully not shelving their story towards the end of development, *should* make the sequel (due next year already!) better.

If Destiny 2 sucks, then I'll probably never buy another Bungie game again and they'll be fondly remembered for Halo.
Tex117
AG
Ill weigh in here in the debate between MBar and 30 with some simply anecdotal evidence. I have never purchased a FPS. At least, I don't think I have. If I did, I fished it out of the bargain bin or something for 10 bucks. No call of duty, battlefield, etc. I purchased Destiny because, quite frankly, there was little out late summer/early fall of last year thinking it was RPGish. I've played it more than any other game I have ever played. I think its great, and I enjoy playing it. Especially with IRL friends and TexAgs.

IMO, the grind is about right for TTK (weapon part nerfs not withstanding). In vanilla, it was awful...AWFUL. The amount of time one had to farm for materials for ONE piece of gear was like the entire sword quest in TTK. Just insane.

Bungie decided to take away some of the RNG of the exotics to longer more drawn out quests by implementing some grind. That's a fantastic change. (Admittedly, they screwed up on the time gate stuff...and some irritating elements of some of the quests, but I would gladly put up with that then running all the endgame content every week for a chance at an exotic....that is when it really feels like a job). No predictable progression. Zero. It could be your first run or your 100th run. At least now, you can hop on, do a few things, hop off and you are that much closer. With the total RNG, you could waste entire weeks.

As such, when given an option between RNG and Grind...I will take grind...every time.

Oh, and can't wait for Fallout 4.
Tex117
AG
Sorry you can't make it Sax!

(1) Tex117
(2) AggieBones
(3) Prime (JRC0811)
(4) Streetfighter (whatever is PSN is)
(5) Salgambino
(6)

Who else wants in?

Are you guys still planning on hopping on around 7:30/7:45? No pressure to make it past the sisters, but we will sure give it a shot.

TexasAggie_02
AG
time gates aren't the problem. The problem is closing them after 24 hrs. It's okay to trickle out content, just don't take it away.

What's stupid is that they originally took away nightfall rewards, and the 25% XP boost, b/c they didn't want destiny to "feel like a job" then they created Armsday, and timegated exotics to 24 hr windows.
Aggie_3
ill be on and would like to take a crack at the raid as I have yet to do it my warlock is level 291 currently
JeremyClarkson047
AG
I'll join if anyone can't make it. Looks like Aggie_3 beat me to the punch.
Pac1698
AG
Thanks bevokilla!! Hopefully I can get my ass up over the 295 light level soon so I can start joining the raids/NF with you guys.
Tex117
AG
Jeremy, whats your PSN? Send me a friend invite. (Tex117).

Steetfighter may have ran it last night so we may have another spot.

Are you 290+. With both of you guys being new, I don't foresee us getting pasted the sisters within a reasonable amount of time, but that's all good! We can explain the fights (Prime is good at this) and get some good drops.
JeremyClarkson047
AG
Psn: HittMan7286

I'll send an invite when I get on here in a bit.

I only have 1 character. 292 Warlock.
dwit392
Trials comes back on October 30, before quiver is fixed, which begs the question: why wasn't it this weekend?

EDIT: But at least they are fixing the crucible rewards someday:

quote:
Lars: Last week, it was clear to us that you were frustrated by the Iron Banner reward drops, and rightly so! It turns out that, when we started digging into the issue, we uncovered a nasty bug that affected how Legendary drops happen throughout the Crucible, including Iron Banner.

quote:
We're working hard to ensure that the next Iron Banner will work as intended, and be even better than before. These changes will make your entire Crucible career more rewarding. Once the final details are locked, we'll be sure to share them with you. Thanks for all the feedback, and may the Lords of Iron reward your future bravery.

Prime0882
AG
quote:
Jeremy, whats your PSN? Send me a friend invite. (Tex117).

Steetfighter may have ran it last night so we may have another spot.

Are you 290+. With both of you guys being new, I don't foresee us getting pasted the sisters within a reasonable amount of time, but that's all good! We can explain the fights (Prime is good at this) and get some good drops.

I may not be able to get on in time tonight. Probably should grab a replacement.
Beau Holder
AG
I'm at the Oryx checkpoint and need three more, and LFG seems down. Any takers?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.