*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

267,990 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
30_Days
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my best tips for getting up above 280 as quickly as possible.

don't waste marks infusing your legendaries when you're <270.

Hold on to your high level blues and equip them before you turn in engrams.

As soon as you have 65 marks buy the Vanguard Ghost. It's 280 light, which is probably close to 100 higher than your current ghost.

focus on getting a legendary weapon an a legendary piece of armor.

Between those 3 things you should be up over 250 depending on your blues.
MaroonOut09
AG
I'd be down to run it with you guys, if I can get my get my light level up by then. I'm currently sitting at 251, so I'm not sure I'll be high enough by the time y'all want to run it, but I'll try to get there.
Saxsoon
AG
Complete the quest chain for strikes heroic strikes and a nightfall. You get a 300 tier shotgun or fusion. I can definitely do this Friday, maybe start Thursday
Jack Burton
AG
Doing 260 light strikes at 244. This should be...interesting
Drake aTm
AG
Me and beezy tried tonight. Couldn't pass the warpriest.

I feel like communication sucked with the group we had
MBAR
AG
I'm at 280 right now. I've been running strikes for the most part but I haven't run that many. I don't know if i've just gotten lucky or what.

I had a engram drop for last word year 2 version that I used to infuse a scout rifle I like to 280. If you have exotic shards, this might actually be an easy way to infuse weapons up to that point as you can just go buy a new one from the blueprints for some glimmer and a shard.
MBAR
AG
Also I'm gonna play a few hours tonight so if anyone wants to do crucible or strikes just send me a message.
Prime0882
AG
Sorry I was never able to get in with y'all tonight even after the invites. I'm down for raiding this next week with a designated group.

When is good this week for those interested? Beezy, you have one guy you want in that's not on Texags, correct? I think we should aim for everyone being pretty much at 290.
Saxsoon
AG
I am available a little after 6c on Thursday and Friday
Drake aTm
AG
I'm at 295

Btw this is salgambino
Saxsoon
AG
I can be 290, trying to get what I can.
Jack Burton
AG
Up to 252- anyone want to run some heroics tomorrow evening?
Drake aTm
AG
I'll help you tomorrow
spieg12
AG
Just saw a stream of raid and when you die by stuff at oryx, the recommended light is 300.
Tex117
AG
(1) Tex117 (294)
(2) Redbaron (291)
(3) Saxsoon (Maureves)
(4) Midnight (Beau)
(5) Potentially ForrestFires or Msal (280)
(6) Salabimbo (295)

(1) Jack Burton,
(2) Breezy,
(3) another non-texags guy.
(4) JRC,
(5) maroonOut.
(6) boomer1698.

HA, we almost have two teams!

Just writing all the interested people down as to see who is in and who isin't.

I mean, If we are all 290+ (closer to 295 the better), I think we can start up the raid and see about better drops. We certainly don't have to beat our head against the wall to take down Oryx. We can just get there which I think you can in the mid-90s. Further, if we are stuck on a section for too long, we can just look up a strategy...

Its that first look at it that is pretty awesome not knowing a thing!

It does seem that the new PvE meta is as follows and useful in the raid:
Primary: Auto Rifle/Scout
Special: Sniper
Heavy: Machine Gun/Sword

So, if you are infusing, consider infusing those weapon types.

Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I am in for any day but Friday (unless it is during the day or very late at night) and I am at at least 293
Vade281
AG
Finally at 252 light on my Titan. Taking a break from the grind to level my warlock and hunter. It's been a while, lol.
Jack Burton
AG
Cheers!
Pac1698
AG
I'm down to run it with you guys, but it will be a miracle if I get enough time to get up to the proper light level prior to the Raid. PSN is boomer1698.
30_Days
AG
Need to run the nightfall tonight
Beau Holder
AG
I'm also down for a Nightfall. I'll probably be set to go on a raid run by Wednesday. Light up to about 265 currently.
30_Days
AG
I'm going to try and cobble together a team to run nightfall at least once at around 4:30 CST. Send me a friend request, G8SPECTRE, if you're interested.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I'm going to try and cobble together a team to run nightfall at least once at around 4:30 CST. Send me a friend request, G8SPECTRE, if you're interested.
Its alot easier than it used to be.
MBAR
AG
You probably shouldn't count on me for a raid. My schedule will be pretty chaotic this semester as I have a **** ton of data to get through. I'm planning on playing mostly late nights. Also FIFA comes out tomorrow and that will likely eat up some of my time too. At least until it pisses me off to the point I come running back to Destiny. But if I'm on when you guys do it and you need one just send me a message. Or if I'm on and you guys are doing anything you need someone for, just send me a message. Haven't played with TexAgers in a while.
spieg12
AG
Got my second character up to 280 last night. Going to be a heck of grind to try to get a second raid in before reset.

Also, don't dismantle your high level weapons that you're not using. Save them to use on other characters as this tremendously helps get higher armor drops faster since your light will be high.
Tex117
AG
Also, here is an interview that Luke Smith gave on leveling up. Might want to put this in the OP?

quote:

quote:
Go do Strike normal and then, as soon as you can graduate to Strike Heroic, get into that Heroic playlist. If you're doing those things, like ticking off the quest log that's in front of you and then getting through Strike Heroic, you're going to climb into the 280s relatively quickly.
And then it curves off and becomes a little slower. 290 to 300 is slower, but that's also when you're in range, you're raiding. So you're at level for the raid and you're going to start working your way and getting those raid drops, and those raid drops are obviously better than anything that you've found so far.
This is the potential of Infusion, right? If you get the raid sniper rifle and you're like, 'Meh, nope. Not for me. I don't like this, it doesn't have the exact talent that I wanted. I love this thing. I love Hereafter, the exotic sniper rifle that I found.' So then I'm going to munch the raid sniper rifle and infuse this 303 sniper rifle into my 290 Hereafter and my Hereafter is going to jump up.
[/quote[

Prime0882
AG
quote:

It does seem that the new PvE meta is as follows and useful in the raid:
Primary: Auto Rifle/Scout
Special: Sniper

So, if you are infusing, consider infusing those weapon types.
Awesome, this was the exact kind of information I was curious about.

Right now I (Prime0882 - Defender or Sunbreaker Titan) am sitting at 285 light, but with the following leveled:

Primary: Hawkmoon
Special: Light Level 300 quest reward shotgun

Looks like I need to try for the scout out of DO and upgrading the one sniper I do have before really trying this. Would have loved a fresh try tonight before the reset, but sometime next week will probably be more realistic. I could be good any night other than Friday or Saturday.
Saxsoon
AG
I got thunderbird thinking it would be great for mobs.

I don't have a good sniper yet.

I have suros and a great pulse from fwc I have been infusing along the way. I wreck shop with it in pvp when I am in the game
Saxsoon
AG
Thunderlord
Pac1698
AG
Have any of you guys used the Jade Rabbit scout rifle? If so, is it on par with the Hawkmoon being that it's the PS4 exclusive for TTK? I got one a couple of days ago, but haven't had a chance to try it out.
Prime0882
AG
Hawkmoon and Invective are the only two Y2 exotic weapons I have been lucky enough to get so far. Heard that the Zhalo Supercell rips up adds in the raid... that's the main primary weapon I hope to get in the near future, as it looks like it could be the ghallerhorn's of Y2 weapons.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Have any of you guys used the Jade Rabbit scout rifle? If so, is it on par with the Hawkmoon being that it's the PS4 exclusive for TTK? I got one a couple of days ago, but haven't had a chance to try it out.
I have it. From what I understand, if you know the perk it has (the whole body shot, then precision shot...reload mechanic thing) and can get it to work effectively, then its great. I've been slotting the Supercell, no idea what it will do in the raid, but holy eff is it fun to use and it shreds mobs.

My loadout as of now is

(1) Supercell
(2) Stillpiercer (or the 300 attack shotgun for the light level)...will sometimes slot hereafter.
(3) Strongest heavy I have....I have some decent machine guns now.

Not saying that is the right way to go, but its been working for me.
Pac1698
AG
Thanks for the feedback guys! I can't wait to give it a go tonight!!
Beezy2389
AG
I have the Jade Rabbit. It's pretty good. Some of the perks are kind of iffy. You have to choose between extended mag (7 to 11), speed reload, and custom optics (more zoom). So again like Tex said, its a bit complicated to work out the damage multiplier and how much ammo you'll get back but there are times you don't have to reload for 20 or so shots.
Dumbdumb
I got a Zhalo Supercell exotic drop last night! Makes me giggle when shooting enemies as it chains lightening to them. Thing is an absolute beast!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.