*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

267,960 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Prime0882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
10 weapons parts per exotic node, plus 10 to infuse each time quickly adds up.

I just find it hard to believe that people somehow, at the start of an expansion, have so many weapons parts to burn that they're burning them on faction rep. Reducing weapon parts drop just adds to the grind for the majority of players... having to grind just leads to burnout faster.

I had over 1000 weapon parts and armor materials just on my warlock but my time played is off the charts so there's that. Weapons and armor used to be much worse. Legendarys and exotics took 25 per node.
That was my point... only the hardcore wouldn't be affected by the change. Going to assume you're an outlier and not the norm. Reducing material drops to increase the grind is a dumb change.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
10 weapons parts per exotic node, plus 10 to infuse each time quickly adds up.

I just find it hard to believe that people somehow, at the start of an expansion, have so many weapons parts to burn that they're burning them on faction rep. Reducing weapon parts drop just adds to the grind for the majority of players... having to grind just leads to burnout faster.

I had over 1000 weapon parts and armor materials just on my warlock but my time played is off the charts so there's that. Weapons and armor used to be much worse. Legendarys and exotics took 25 per node.
That was my point... only the hardcore wouldn't be affected by the change. Going to assume you're an exeoutlier and not the norm. Reducing material drops to increase the grind is a dumb change.
except you missed one huge piece of information there.

The requirements for weapon parts and armor parts now are SIGNIFICANTLY lower than what they were in year 1. In year 1 I was constantly hurting for materials, and actually did have to deliberately grind for them.

When TTK rolled around though that dynamic changed dramatically, and even without playing markedly more than I was before I'm pilling up excess parts and shedding them off for rep.

Bungie tried to make the game "less grindy" in year 2, but went to far. Now they're taking steps to dial it back and make the gameplay more balanced.

materials SHOULDN'T be in such excess that they don't mean anything. If you didn't have to actively manage their levels, and yes, occasionally grind for them, they wouldn't have any real value or significance to the game.

I'm hardly a "hardcore" gamer, but even I realized within the first few days of TTK that the game was much more "casual" friendly than it was at the launch of vanilla.

A game like this needs balance though.
Prime0882
AG
Valid point. But, in a game with zero economy between players I still don't see a point to this "balance" other than increasing the grind. Agree to disagree.

Bungie, to me, likes to take one step forward and two steps back on most things. Nerfing the Black Spindle across the board was another one. Bungie should have just let the community win on that one and said "oops, my bad."
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Bungie nerfed the spindle in a terrible way, in my opinon. Dropping it equally points across all players -- regardless if it was still at 310. If they wanted it to be 290, just set it there. Mine was 307 and is now 287. What the ****, Bungie?!

Also -- the fact that materials are "more expensive" is annoying. It was easy to gain crucible and vanguard marks. So now I have to grind the heck out of materials --- just like we had to in the beginning. Spend 40 minutes running the same round on the moon for Helium.. fantastic.

And yes --- they tried to make the game more accessible for casual gamers -- but for the love of The Nine, could they make any easier bounties?! The hardest PvP bounty they have is collect the heavy in Rumble. Of course, if you do the crucible quest line to its end there are some that you may argue are hard (X kills with Y weapon type and Win a game) but really --- those are perfect ones. You wanna say you understand that crucible, you should be comfortable with all weapon types. I was upset they didn't have the same steps with both Special and Heavy weapons.. But yeah, overall the game got TOO easy bounty wise (which used to give you marks to buy mats) and harder for materials needed to upgrade stuff. I am constantly running out of resources.. It is annoying as f***.
mid90
AG
Having to collect resources is dumb. If they really want the resources unique to each location to be important, have it drop as loot for completing a mission/patrol/strike on that location. Don't make me patrol (which is already annoying) for extended periods of time farming crap.
30_Days
AG
If you don't like grinding for mats go back to playing CoD

Destiny is first and foremost an RPG, a lot of players seem to forget that because of the FPS aspects.
Vade281
AG
299 finally....got through all of the raid last night except for Oryx. Everyone was falling asleep lol. I'll be looking to finish Oryx either tonight or tomorrow.
dwit392
Yeah, I am actually ok with weapon parts being a limiting factor to progress because you can get those anywhere from playing the game. However, needing to patrol for planetary resources is just ridiculously stupid. I also don't really like the strange coins nerf, but whatever.

Finally, I am salty af about that BS across the board nerf. Guess I will stop playing PVE again after I get some more high light level stuff to infuse into the things I want to use in PVP ... except to farm resources occasionally, lol.

30_Days
AG
The across the board BS nerf seems honestly to me like a technical error. I'm not saying it necessarily was, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they push another update in the future the raises some of them back.
MBAR
AG
quote:
The across the board BS nerf seems honestly to me like a technical error. I'm not saying it necessarily was, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they push another update in the future the raises some of them back.
LOL thats funny.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
If you don't like grinding for mats go back to playing CoD

Destiny is first and foremost an RPG, a lot of players seem to forget that because of the FPS aspects.
Grinding for mats isn't a problem in and of itself. Recall that most RPGs have a system where players can trade. So, say I have a surplus of something (like the over 700 motes of light I have) of the worthless 50 etheric light. I should be able to trade those for mats with you. Or hell.. the over 100k glimmer I have in my vault (in House Banners, etc) should be used to trade with others. Destiny doesn't allow in game trade so.. my grinding of things like Raids and Trials to gain these materials is worthless to others.

Destiny is pretending to be and RPG -- but is nothing like it. It is MMO -- but not and MMORPG and you are kidding yourself if you think it is.

One main area where that is obvious -- your faction choice and race don't matter --- in what MMORPG would that be the case?!
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
LOL thats funny.

I didn't think that until I read what PHD posted about his spindle being nerfed to 287, which is lower than you can actually pull the weapon from the armory at.

From a development perspective is sounds like somebody left off a few criteria in the script they ran.
spieg12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
LOL thats funny.

I didn't think that until I read what PHD posted about his spindle being nerfed to 287, which is lower than you can actually pull the weapon from the armory at.

From a development perspective is sounds like somebody left off a few criteria in the script they ran.

No it isn't. It comes from the armory at 280 now. I don't understand everyone complaining about it. They said it was a mistake and they would be nerfing it down to what it was supposed to be. Which means nerfing all black spindles by 20 points. You can't get around that by buying the 300 one (at the time) and raising it. If it has black spindle in the name, it's getting lowered 20 points. The only thing they let go was any weapon you infused the 310 into. So my 1000 yard stare is still 308 but my black spindle is now 280.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
LOL thats funny.

No it isn't. It comes from the armory at 280 now. I don't understand everyone complaining about it. They said it was a mistake and they would be nerfing it down to what it was supposed to be. Which means nerfing all black spindles by 20 points. You can't get around that by buying the 300 one (at the time) and raising it. If it has black spindle in the name, it's getting lowered 20 points. The only thing they let go was any weapon you infused the 310 into. So my 1000 yard stare is still 308 but my black spindle is now 280.

You took a weapon that was less than 310 and infused a 310 weapon into it and you get to keep it at 308. I did the same thing and my weapon is dropped by 20 points. I am sorry, that is just ridiculous.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
LOL thats funny.

You took a weapon that was less than 310 and infused a 310 weapon into it and you get to keep it at 308. I did the same thing and my weapon is dropped by 20 points. I am sorry, that is just ridiculous.

Actually the more I think about it the more it makes sense. You shouldn't have been able to buy it for 300 from the armory either if it's now 280. So if you consider that then the originally intended outcome was that the drop is 290 and the armory is 280. If you infused the 290 drop into the 280 armory you'd end up with your 287 bs anyways.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
LOL thats funny.

Actually the more I think about it the more it makes sense. You shouldn't have been able to buy it for 300 from the armory either if it's now 280. So if you consider that then the originally intended outcome was that the drop is 290 and the armory is 280. If you infused the 290 drop into the 280 armory you'd end up with your 287 bs anyways.
Except Deej said that none of the weapons infused with the black spindle will be effected... so.. infusing a black spindle with a black spindle is infusing a weapon.. but it really doesn't matter to me that much.. It is just Bungie being Bungie. They make a weapon that dominates PvE bosses that don't move/not dynamic and they nerf it...

Speaking of Bungie being Bungie --- how does a 170 Rocket Launcher kill a 304 guardian in the Iron Banner?! Makes zero sense.
Tex117
AG
For any of you people complaining about farming for planetary mats.....wow, you should have been here for vanilla. That was some serious farming right there. I can't believe I even did it.

As for the spindle nerf. That seemed a tad punitive, even for Bungie. Clearing that challenge may very well be the hardest "twitch" content in the game. The average player would not be able to complete it. A 310 exotic is certainly a fair reward. (the kisosk at 300 may not have been). The swords drop at 310 so its not like 310 is some sort of holy number or anything. Heck, if you could attempt the run the first or second time it came around meant you were in the top % of players due to level constraints.

They should have just said (unless they couldn't figure it out...which may have been the case) if you have the 310 you get to keep it. All else going forward will drop at 2--whatever and the kiosk is dropped to 280. Good job elite players.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
LOL thats funny.

Except Deej said that none of the weapons infused with the black spindle will be effected... so.. infusing a black spindle with a black spindle is infusing a weapon.. but it really doesn't matter to me that much.. It is just Bungie being Bungie. They make a weapon that dominates PvE bosses that don't move/not dynamic and they nerf it...

Speaking of Bungie being Bungie --- how does a 170 Rocket Launcher kill a 304 guardian in the Iron Banner?! Makes zero sense.

weapons infused with them weren't. But the 300 spindles that people bought were also nerfed. So even if you hadn't infused it that 300 spindle would have dropped to 280.

People who infused them into other weapons lucked out, probably simply because the database probably doesn't store full data on HOW your weapon got to its current level. However, anybody anywhere who had a black spindle got it either from the drop or from the armory, so they were all fair game to be nerfed.

A lot of people saw this coming, most of the people in my clan predicted this when they first announced the nerf was coming and recommended infusing your 310 into the highest level 1,000 yard stare you could get your hands on.

As for the Iron Banner rockets, it's not a linear difference between character levels.
Beezy2389
AG
Bungie even tweeted saying it was smart of those who infused the 310 into another weapon weeks before this nerf
30_Days
AG
quote:
Bungie even tweeted saying it was smart of those who infused the 310 into another weapon weeks before this nerf
I never got the spindle, but I did get a 310 exotic shotgun from an engram, and since I don't ever use shotguns I infused it into my 1,000 Yard Stare to get a 308, and that gun is a beast.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
As for the Iron Banner rockets, it's not a linear difference between character levels.

Oh -- I know. I saw the chart. My point is --- 170 is 55% of my light level -- That should not kill me. Bungie messed up again. If you are going to have an IB and make light matter (which is only kinda does) then go all out. Don't let Ghally or Tomorrow's Answer be viable in IB.

If that S*** is still useable in Trials then I may very will be cheap and pull out Ghally during ToO for sure. It is just unfathomable.

But my thoughts on most Bungie choices

They destroyed TLW in PvP (never really useful in PVE) but made Thorn still be viable. If you don't have Hawksaw, Bad JuJu, or Red Death you are likely going to lose 75% of your 1v1 fights to people that do at medium range.. but hey--- that's balance!
MBAR
AG
There's just no way Bungee is fixing this. They're just going to let everyone stayed screwed. Overall we come out ahead if you infused everything with 300 Spindles, but still its annoying.
bevokilla
AG
As long as we are talking about material scarcity in TTK, I feel bad for Kinderguardians and the lack of exotic shards available in TTK. I am swimming in them because all of my old exotics are getting the shard treatment, but for people that just started, you can't buy them from Xur (AFAIK) and the nightfall doesn't give nearly as many exotics as it did previously. You need them to infuse an exotic so grats on the constant 280/290 exotics until you hit 300 light. Yeah you can use 3oC but that isnt a high enough drop rate to collect shards for infusion.

*This whole post is pointless if Xur is selling them, but I am almost positive he isn't.
Prime0882
AG
So, we raiding tonight?
30_Days
AG
quote:
As long as we are talking about material scarcity in TTK, I feel bad for Kinderguardians and the lack of exotic shards available in TTK. I am swimming in them because all of my old exotics are getting the shard treatment, but for people that just started, you can't buy them from Xur (AFAIK) and the nightfall doesn't give nearly as many exotics as it did previously. You need them to infuse an exotic so grats on the constant 280/290 exotics until you hit 300 light. Yeah you can use 3oC but that isnt a high enough drop rate to collect shards for infusion.

*This whole post is pointless if Xur is selling them, but I am almost positive he isn't.

Xur still technically sells them, you just have to buy exotics and break them down. I did a lot of that last week because I needed shards to upgrade and infuse my sword
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:

Xur still technically sells them, you just have to buy exotics and break them down. I did a lot of that last week because I needed shards to upgrade and infuse my sword
So he sells them at a much higher price than before --- and with strange coins becoming harder to get new Guardians are once again screwed.

I know it sounds like I am just trashing Bungie. They have made some positive choices but some things seem a bit asinine. Why can't the bringer of Tears and Disappointment provided shards!?
dwit392
Another glitch ... from reddit

mid90
AG
quote:
Another glitch ... from reddit

I'm gonna rage when that happens to me in IB
Beau Holder
AG

quote:
Guess I will stop playing PVE again after I get some more high light level stuff to infuse into the things I want to use in PVP ... except to farm resources occasionally, lol.

I'm already there.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh -- I know. I saw the chart. My point is --- 170 is 55% of my light level -- That should not kill me. Bungie messed up again. If you are going to have an IB and make light matter (which is only kinda does) then go all out. Don't let Ghally or Tomorrow's Answer be viable in IB.

If that S*** is still useable in Trials then I may very will be cheap and pull out Ghally during ToO for sure. It is just unfathomable.

But my thoughts on most Bungie choices

They destroyed TLW in PvP (never really useful in PVE) but made Thorn still be viable. If you don't have Hawksaw, Bad JuJu, or Red Death you are likely going to lose 75% of your 1v1 fights to people that do at medium range.. but hey--- that's balance!
The weapon light itself is not in a vacuum. You have one value of attack/defense(the avg of all gear/weapons) If that person has all high level gear (300s) a 170 Rocket Launcher will put them in the ballpark of 270/80. That is completely viable in today's IB.
Sandman23
AG
I am about as far as I can go solo.

Add me to the group so I can start running Nightfalls etc. with you guys.

PSN: LawSchoolSandman - 281 Light Hunter Nightstalker
bevokilla
AG
Almost hit rank 3 IB tonight and got the shotgun kills needed to get the next step in the Chaperone quest.

Had too many legendary marks so I bought a y2 Red Death. Pretty productive Wednesday
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Almost hit rank 3 IB tonight and got the shotgun kills needed to get the next step in the Chaperone quest.

Had too many legendary marks so I bought a y2 Red Death. Pretty productive Wednesday

When you get to the Shield Brothers step, I'll do it with you. Impossible to get it done with randoms, so the quest has just been collecting dust for three weeks.
Saxsoon
AG
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

When you get to the Shield Brothers step, I'll do it with you. Impossible to get it done with randoms, so the quest has just been collecting dust for three weeks.
I'm on the shield brothers step now. Ill be on tonight but I need to get a black spindle tonight and I should probably get my exotic sword before attempting the black spindle since it didn't go so well last time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.