*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

267,961 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Ph.D.Aggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Hehe, I forgot about that one since I haven't leveled up my warlock. Yes, likely the best gun in the game when you have your super up. It wouldn't be a bad idea to use Bad Juju then switch to the Tlaloc when you super comes up.

Yeah -- could do that. I don't have a new Bad Juju yet. Tlaloc is a 4 shot kill in PvP (3 head and 1 body).. and with Mida rate of fire, that doesn't take long at all. Just stay out of shotgun range with it.
MBAR
AG
I'm really enjoying using Zhalo Supercell in PVP. I also enjoy it in PVE but I think my Hung Jury is just better. I'm not sure what the rate of super charging it does compared to Bad JuJu but I never really liked Bad JuJu so yeah.

Beezy2389
AG
need 2 more for Oryx checkpoint if anyone wants to join. Beezy2389
Vade281
AG
Damn, that last boss in the raid is fun. Mechanics heavy, but a lot of fun. Thanks, Breezy for the patience in teaching the noobs :P

I was just thinking that if we didn't skip straight to Oryx...we could have geared up a little more to get that light levle up, haha.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Beezy2389
AG
You guys did well, like said, I'll be sure to run it with y'all fresh and I'll try to keep my mouth shut for most of it so that you guys can run it blind. Basically the only real tip I have is to infuse and equip the best sniper and machine gun (low or mid rate of fire) that you can get
dwit392
Pretty sure it will kill with 2 headshots and 2 body. I have also heard rumors it fires slightly faster than MIDA, but no confirmation on that. That would put its TTK lower than anything except a two burst from a medium rate of fire pulse against low armor (and TLW, RIP), but that requires pretty much all headshots (and low armor of course). Combine that with insane base stats makes it crazy good.
Saxsoon
AG
Just messed with tlaloc for two hours last night farming Mars for shards for my sword. Thing is disgustingly nasty at fire rate and accuracy when super is full. I would consider this in the final stage for oryx and would be interested to see dps vs oryx for staggering
Saxsoon
AG
At the very least it would be great for ogres and adds and still use 1000 yard stare
30_Days
AG
so who else is anxiously waiting for tomorrow to get the last part of their exotic sword quest?
bevokilla
AG
I never finished the last part to get my solar sword so if you are running it tomorrow night late, send an invite to brisketsangwich if you need 1 more.

So I deleted my old Last Word before I realized there was a quest to get kills with it equipped in the Crucible. I got a light level 310 Last Word this past weekend and I am working my way through the crucible portion of the quest now but it isn't leveled up. I remember TLW sucking until it is fully unlocked but this thing sucks hard now. Has anyone that enjoyed TLW used it at all in TTK? Is it really infusion fuel bad?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
question, since im still somewhat new to the game.

I heard you get the best stuff from drops in things like raids etc. so to do those is it matchmaking like the crucible or can only do it with friends?
bevokilla
AG
quote:

I heard you get the best stuff from drops in things like raids etc. so to do those is it matchmaking like the crucible or can only do it with friends?

Raids and the weekly nightfalls do not have matchmaking but the strike playlists have built in matchmaking if you have PS+. There are websites likes destinylfg.net and reddit fireteams where you can find others to play. I like reddit fireteams more than destinylfg but it is a personal preference.
Prime0882
AG
Add all of the PSN names in this thread as well (a chunk are already listed in the original post)! We're always running something with each other, more often than not.
mid90
AG
quote:

I'm new the game as well. Always looking for fireteams to do raids and such, so add me.

mid9012
mid90
AG
quote:
I never finished the last part to get my solar sword so if you are running it tomorrow night late, send an invite to brisketsangwich if you need 1 more.

So I deleted my old Last Word before I realized there was a quest to get kills with it equipped in the Crucible. I got a light level 310 Last Word this past weekend and I am working my way through the crucible portion of the quest now but it isn't leveled up. I remember TLW sucking until it is fully unlocked but this thing sucks hard now. Has anyone that enjoyed TLW used it at all in TTK? Is it really infusion fuel bad?

I got a last word, but the light level was in the hundreds I think.....how'd you get a 310?
Prime0882
AG
After you level up to 300+ light level exotic engrams have a chance to roll 310 exotics. Jealous that the engrams y'all are getting to drop are something other than helms...
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm new the game as well. Always looking for fireteams to do raids and such, so add me.

mid9012
Raids do not match make. To be fair --- only the newest raid gives the best gear and guns. Not that you shouldn't run old raids from time to time to experience them, but if you are level 40 with decent light level they should be a cake-walk since the enemies will be 10 levels under you.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Just messed with tlaloc for two hours last night farming Mars for shards for my sword. Thing is disgustingly nasty at fire rate and accuracy when super is full. I would consider this in the final stage for oryx and would be interested to see dps vs oryx for staggering
I used it against Oryx --- can take down Ogres crazy quick. Used it on the raid past the totems and really everything is melted because you so rarely need to use your super as a stormcaller after that point.
Saxsoon
AG
I used stormcaller on golgoroth to clear adds if it got hairy and it was clutch when everyone goes blind during sisters
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

I got a last word, but the light level was in the hundreds I think.....how'd you get a 310?
Once you get to light level 300, there is a chance your engrams will decode to level 310
Drake aTm
AG
Do have a raid time set up for this week?

I'd love to be able to run through it with all of my characters.
dwit392
The Last Word is extremely hard to use now.

I would recommend either using aggressive ballistics and only hip firing or using soft ballistics and mixing ADS with hip fire. Pick one and practice with it. I am not actually sure which is better. You have to know the weapons range limitation, but also accept that some of your on target shots are going to miss because its accuracy is so bad. It has a very small niche where it actually excels, but even then sometimes RNG won't be on your side and all of your shots will miss. You also have to learn when to full auto and when to tap the trigger. I usually still full auto only when hip firing unless I really need my shots to count. It is probably just a slightly above average PVP weapon now, but it does have a sharp learning curve.

EDIT: Also I wouldn't use it until it is fully upgraded. I would probably pull my hair out trying to use it in PVP without all of the upgrades.
Saxsoon
AG
Since it is bye week, want to set up a Saturday run? I am busy every night this week until then
Drake aTm
AG
Im in anytime. If you guys see me on, just shoot me an invite and I'll jump in.
Prime0882
AG
I'd be down for later tonight or for tomorrow.
Vade281
AG
I'll be able to raid Thursday after 9PM...and then all night Friday through Sunday night. Bye week...and girlfriend out of town. Yes!
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
mid90
AG
Now that I've done VoG and Crota, I'd love to try King's Fall. What light level should I be before attempting it? I think I'm in the 260's at this point.
30_Days
AG
quote:
Now that I've done VoG and Crota, I'd love to try King's Fall. What light level should I be before attempting it? I think I'm in the 260's at this point.
you're almost there. I'd recommend 290 minimum, with weapons at 295 or better in all slots.

but you'll go from 260 to 290 is NO TIME. Literally just a few days. You'll be raid ready by the end of this week.
Saxsoon
AG
Will be able to do tonight after all if we want to do 7 c
Mr.KyleReed
AG
PSN: urmomsmuffintop

Will be on after 6, and I would like to do at least the first raid, something of glass, the name escapes me.

Will add everybody on the OP, just need something to push me to 40 (38 or 39) and boost up my gear/weapons/light points.
bevokilla
AG
quote:

Will be on after 6, and I would like to do at least the first raid, something of glass, the name escapes me.

Will add everybody on the OP, just need something to push me to 40 (38 or 39) and boost up my gear/weapons/light points.

Vault of Glass is a lot of fun and something you should do at some point, but you wont get any upgrades from the old raids. Best bet to get your gear up would be the Vanguard Strike Playlist.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Thank you for your knowledge
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:

Vault of Glass is a lot of fun and something you should do at some point, but you wont get any upgrades from the old raids. Best bet to get your gear up would be the Vanguard Strike Playlist.
I second this.. Do the playlists until you get to 40. Then, get your light up a bit and do the heroic strike list. Just keep grinding out engrams for better gear. It will come. And I am sure you can get a group of us to help you with VoG.. it was certainly the best PvE component of year 1.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I second this.. Do the playlists until you get to 40. Then, get your light up a bit and do the heroic strike list. Just keep grinding out engrams for better gear. It will come. And I am sure you can get a group of us to help you with VoG.. it was certainly the best PvE component of year 1.

Thanks!

Side question, is it worth joining a faction, or does it matter? Does it really only matter for personal preference of gear loadout?
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks!

Side question, is it worth joining a faction, or does it matter? Does it really only matter for personal preference of gear loadout?
absolutely worth joining a faction. With Year 2 you don't have to choose between faction and vanguard reputation, your faction levels up along side your vanguard or crucible rep, at a rate of 50%.

So by joining a faction you are increasing the number of reward packages you get for leveling rep by 50%, in addition to opening up a their source of weapons and armor to purchase.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.