*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

263,412 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's literally too much content right now. The nerds over on /r/DestinyTheGame are at like 290 light already and just waiting for the raid because they've already done the NF and gotten half the new exotics. I've completed like two quests, gave up on the Daily yesterday after 30 minutes spent on the Taken part at light level 230 and don't even know where to begin.
30_Days
AG
quote:
There's literally too much content right now. The nerds over on /r/DestinyTheGame are at like 290 light already and just waiting for the raid because they've already done the NF and gotten half the new exotics. I've completed like two quests, gave up on the Daily yesterday after 30 minutes spent on the Taken part at light level 230 and don't even know where to begin.
must be nice to be able to juice up on Red Bull and play for 48 hours straight.

I should have taken vacation time this week.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
I played five strikes and went up about 13 light levels. Got a bunch of engrams and even got a purple engram for PS4 specific gloves. Definitely when you have a bunch of engrams, open one at a time and see if it can raise your light level, then equip it as it will help you get potentially higher gear.

Closed day two at 267 light. Getting close to running nightfall I think.
I'm going to start doing this, because this new gear mechanic is brutal on the soul.
I don't think it really is all that brutal. It is a gradual curve that is almost (almost) predictable. I've leveled up a little bit everytime I have logged on getting ever closer to 290. I have also found that if you swing a few of those heroic strikes, the bosses are very pianata and you will likely get some better gear.

That said, damn, its frustrating (in a good way) going from Fatebringer, Ghorn combo to running bad weapons again.

Alright amigos, do we know what the light requirement is to do the raid? If so, are we trying for it? Are we going to wait a few days?

Ill be on alot this evening running strikes to level up.
bevokilla
AG
In a moment of weakness, I bought TTK last night and started playing, Having a good tiem so far but like an idiot, (and forgetting about the whole Year 1 Vs Year 2 exotics) I accidentally deleted the Red Death I got from the engram. I am hoping I had it long enough that I at least have the blue prints. I guess Ill find out tonight.
Saxsoon
AG
280 for normal raid. I am close and xur hopefully almost gets me there tomorrow
Drake aTm
AG
What are you doing to get higher light without spending marks?
Prime0882
AG
The engram drops you get rise, generally, as you level up. Work on quest, which award legendary items at a decent light level, or do the strikes to continue doing engrams.

I've been seeing 280+ blues so far. I'm thinking that spending marks on those 280 items won't be needed. Save them to unlock your year 1 exoctic.
Saxsoon
AG
I am infusing occasionally and I did buy a cloak from fwc. Overall blues have been steadily rising
spieg12
AG
Just ran court of oryx about 15 times with 4 other random I stumbled across. You get gear at a crazy rate doing that.
spieg12
AG
Nightfall boss gave me the Titan dark blade helm (I'm running a warlock) and a legendary 291 attack sidearm from the reward screen. Weak sauce.
Saxsoon
AG
Just killed 4 people in stormtrance during a Rift match including the runner
Tex117
AG
Is smees that Marsuvees and spieg12 will be the only guys close enough to raid tomorrow (though I'll be trying to get there...depends on xur and how much time I can really put in).

Should we go ahead and call it and say we should plan for next week? A Blind Run (if we can stay off the videos and the write ups) will be awesome.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Haven't been able to play since I moved on Tuesday after playing 7 hours Monday night. I plan on binge playing Fri night through Saturday night.. I will catch the hell up!
redbaron788
AG
If you want six people at 280+ that's probably for the best. But I'm in the mid 270s and wouldn't have a problem giving it a go anyway
redbaron788
AG
Xur is across from the speaker. Selling insurmountable skullfort for titans, young ahamkara's spine for hunter, the impossible machines gloves for warlock, and helmet engram. Got a nifty one for my hunter that unlocks the dodge move
Beezy2389
AG
I'm at 290 and may be needing someone to work with
Drake aTm
AG
Did anyone get a good helmet from xur?
I should be 280 today after I buy some helmet engrams. I have 200 marks also
Prime0882
AG
I grabbed exotic helmet engrams this morning and got the following: Insurmountable Skullfort (Titan), the new The Stag (Warlock), Mask of the Third Man (Hunter), and the new Graviton Forfeit (Hunter). Any Hunters have any comments on how good either of those Hunter helms are? I've only played a Titan and a Warlock and still don't have any Hunter experience.

Remember that anything from exotic engrams is 290 light instead of the 280 off of Xur.

Also grabbed the Warlock gauntlets, a stack of Three of Coins, and unlocked my Helm of Saint-14 this morning with legendary marks. Currently sitting at 280 light and am at least ready for the Nightfall...

Saxsoon
AG
Picked up the warlock gauntlets. So happy that dropped today. Also got a year two helm of St 14 so very happy for my warlock. I am sitting at 277. If someone could help run me through the nightfall this evening I might be ready to enter the raid around 8 or 9c. I would also be available tomorrow around 7or 8. At that point it gets tricky because we are having people over around 6 on Sunday so I would need to play before then if this takes multiple days. All the while my roommate and I are cleaning our old place out which I did try to build into my availability times but who knows what might pop up.

All this to say I would be ecstatic to at least try the raid tonight but may not be there to finish it if we end up throwing our heads against the wall in the raid. Would love to at least get some checkpoints.
30_Days
AG
finally saved up enough to bought my first piece of 280 light kit, and thank god I did. I was having trouble cracking 250 light, went through dozens of engrams and wasn't getting crap.

As soon as I equiped my new 280 light ghost (old one was way lower and they don't seem to drop often), I started raking it in. In just over 2 hours of gameplay I went from 249 to 271.
Saxsoon
AG
I think actually I am going to pass this weekend and play with my buddy who is lower leveled.

How to use 3 of coins. Only use one at a time. The effect is cumulative until you eventually get an exotic atnwhich point it resets.

Reddit is using the scourge of winter boss. Once you get to draksis, a checkpoint is triggered. Snipe at the boss low and get him to low health. Then run up and suicide kill yourself and him with rockets.

If an engran drops it will stay there on your next round and you can get multiple of them before picking them up, just like the look cave. The engrams carry over death
Prime0882
AG
More advice for those wanting to buy engrams in bulk - I noticed on Reddit this morning people talking about getting tons of duplicates after grabbing the exotic engrams in bulk.

It sounds like it's safer if you grab one engram, run over and decrypt it, and then repeat. I did that this morning and got no duplicates.
Drake aTm
AG
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try to do both when I get home. I forgot about the ghosts and artifacts accounting for light level, so I may not have 280 light
Saxsoon
AG
I ended up buying the vanguard ghost because the perks are great and I can infuse it later if I get more powerful stuff
Saxsoon
AG
Also got a 283 warlock artifact with a useless perk about solar precision shots from the court of oryx tier 2. Got me a higher level though
Drake aTm
AG
I just realized with 200 marks I'll only be able to buy 2 pieces of gear...
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I just realized with 200 marks I'll only be able to buy 2 pieces of gear...
Other than unlocking the year two version of Helm of Saint-14 I have yet to drop any marks on gear other than infusing here or there (mostly infusing the sword to unlock the exotic quest). I would argue that it's a waste of marks getting those 280 legendary vendor items. I've already seen a 294 light level legendary artifact drop. Unless those vendor items just have perfect stats/upgrade perks, I'd argue that they're not worth it.

I'm sitting at 280 right now and it's all been through doing the quests, strikes, and one exotic item I bought from Xur (also have the 290 exotic scout rifle through questing). Save those marks for something else if you have the patience!
Drake aTm
AG
2 of my professors didn't show up today. They must be at home playing destiny. #Priorities #xur #newraid
Saxsoon
AG
I would say some of the vendor weapons would be worthy candidates. Fwc has a handcannon with ace in the hole and firefly. Vendor armor, I would just pick up the vanguard ghost and class item for the vanguard rep.
30_Days
AG
I like the helmet I got from xur this morning, but I really want to save up enough marks to unlock my Knuckleduster Radar. It's been my go-to helmet since I got it.
Beau Holder
AG
Also picked up the three things Xur is selling, along with a Stag, a 290 Celestial Nighthawk and the new Titan helm that gives AoL.

I'm finally to 241 light but I won't be near 270 until Sunday-Tuesday or thereabouts. There's nothing I want more than to experience a blind raid for the first time, so count me in the group that will wait and avoid everything online about it. Hopefully there will be enough people willing to wait until next week.
Saxsoon
AG
Next week just is a lot better for me scheduling wise. Also better chance to get prepared and get some better weapons. Right now what is holding me back is a 267 Fusion Rifle.
Jack Burton
AG
I'm hoping that once my internet issues get sorted out I'll be able to grind my way to 280 for a blind raid next week
Drake aTm
AG
YES! I got the stag, the astronaut helmet(Titan) and mask of the 3rd man. Pretty happy about that
spieg12
AG
I'm sitting at 286 light and haven't been to Xur yet. I will not be reading anything about the raid until we can blind run it. Hoping to get to 290 light tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.