*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

267,967 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
stridulent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Google shows several reddit threads saying a 5 man challenge cant be done. Wish we had known that and gotten an LFG to make 6.

Sorry to hear guys. Lesson learned I guess.
Pac1698
AG
Do you all still have the checkpoint on your alternate characters? If so, we can get a team together to at least get the challenge mode loot for those characters.
Bulldog73
AG
I should be able to jump on for a while tonight. 8 is a little late for me to start though as I'm officially an old.
SF2004
AG
Haven't touched TTK, should I?

I never even got to the raid portion of the last expansion. I didn't like the grind much less lack of matchmaking.
titanmaster_race
quote:
Do you all still have the checkpoint on your alternate characters? If so, we can get a team together to at least get the challenge mode loot for those characters.

I don't think red, sal, sal, or boogie swapped characters at any point. But, I still have the warpriest checkpoint on my warlock.
Beezy2389
AG
I'd certainly give it a shot if I were you. The 1 to 1 infusion will make leveling up gear much quicker but you'll still need to reach level 40 on your own. Fortunately, there is a pretty steady group of ags playing raids and crucible so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding people to play with when you need a group.

Leveling up nowadays is constant small improvements which is kind of a double-edged sword, you'll constantly feel like you are improving your gear but you won't be able to just shoot to the top with one lucky drop.

What's your light level and have you done Vault of Glass or Crota's End? It's been forever since a new raid so I'm not sure if you knew there hasn't been anything since Kings Fall.
Pac1698
AG
That will work! When were you guys thinking of giving it another go?
Pac1698
AG
I've really enjoyed my experience with TTK. The game has come a long way from where it was in year one. It's not perfect, but the game play and good group of Texags players keep me coming back for more. My PSN is Boomer1698. Send me a friend request if you decide to get the TK.
titanmaster_race
quote:
That will work! When were you guys thinking of giving it another go?

As soon as enough people get online.
dwit392
PSA: if you like squad based FPS games, download the Overwatch beta available through May 9th
stridulent
AG
I won't be raiding tonight but feel free to continue without me. Best of luck!
Beezy2389
AG
For anyone interested the new Battlefield game will be unveiled in about 5 minutes here

https://www.twitch.tv/battlefield
stridulent
AG
I will not be raiding during this workweek either. Our media room is in its final stages and I'm destined to see it through. I don't plan on logging onto Destiny until my PS4 is in this room! Hopefully that will be Sunday.
titanmaster_race
quote:
I will not be raiding during this workweek either. Our media room is in its final stages and I'm destined to see it through. I don't plan on logging onto Destiny until my PS4 is in this room! Hopefully that will be Sunday.

That's exciting. So by monday, we can all bring our PS4's over to your media room and raid?
titanmaster_race
Doubt I get any Destiny time this week. Uncharted 4 is on its way to my front door.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Yea im finally going to buy The Show, so my destiny time is about to go down significantly.
titanmaster_race
quote:
Yea im finally going to buy The Show, so my destiny time is about to go down significantly.

Pretty fun game. Has some real frustrating bugs tho.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
quote:

Pretty fun game. Has some real frustrating bugs tho.
This is why I wait to buy things. Oh well, in need to play baseball. Watching the Rangers is starting to get frustrating.
Beau Holder
AG
Try being an Astros fan.

But nothing was as frustrating as damn Trials this week. If I never see a F'ing Universal Remote again it'll still be too soon.
stridulent
AG
quote:
quote:

That's exciting. So by monday, we can all bring our PS4's over to your media room and raid?
I'm actually, kind of OK with that. I miss having lan parties.
kill0509
AG
FYI, today is the black spindle daily if you still it.
redbaron788
AG
Anyone up for a nightfall or challenge?
Beezy2389
AG
damn 3 hours short of a full week
Beezy2389
AG
MBAR
AG
Crucible matchmaking just gets worse and worse
stridulent
AG
What have I missed?
spieg12
AG
Holy carp that's awesome.
Beau Holder
AG
Going for the New Monarchy class exotic on both my Titan and Hunter today, so if anyone wants to run some Crucible games or heroic strikes, join up on me. I'll be on 3:45-6ish minimum.
Drake aTm
AG
Raid tonight?

I took a week break and destiny is a ghost town again.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Everybody here is aware of that leaked picture right? Rise of Iron. Thoughts

redbaron788
AG
No, is that legit? If so, gimme that battle axe
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
No, is that legit? If so, gimme that battle axe

This leaked on Reddit about 6pm Central time. The user who posted it and the image were quickly deleted. Apparently the same thing happened around taken king or LoW.

There is a guy who has correctly, for lack of better word, "predicted" all the updated to Destiny so far. Many believe he works for bungie. Yesterday he wrote an article I believe saying that this update will take place on earth (which the picture looks like the wall on the Cosmodrome) and there will be an earth raid with fallen (which there hasn't been an earth raid so far, and we haven't done too much with the fallen, AND it's not the hive so I'm in). When I get to work I'll try to find the article.

Planet Destiny did their live podcast last night on twitch where they talk about it and actually cite the source and stuff. I'm just trying to remember what they said off the top of my head. Again, when I get to work I'll try to link that stuff.
titanmaster_race
Titan master race
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Ok so here is the Planet Destiny Twitch Podcast and they start talking about the image and all that stuff at the 20 minute mark. I am not sure if I have that timestamped or not. In that they cite everything.

And here is the Kotaku Article that is referenced in the podcast mentioned above.

Interesting nuggets from the Article.
quote:
The expansion, which is expected in September, should be officially revealed at E3.
quote:
The Rise of Iron expansion will feature a new raid (likely Fallen-themed) and will be larger than the two year-one DLC packs, according to a source.
quote:
Rise of Iron's raid is based loosely on the raid that was cut from last year's House of Wolves DLC, according to sources. At one point Bungie had planned to launch it in April, but it was delayed a while back.

Mr.KyleReed
AG
Deadstiny amiright?

Ok, so for those who didn't see the This Week At Bungie or for anyone that hasn't been paying attention lately, Thursday (June 9th) Bungie will be doing a live stream on twitch.
quote:
Destiny Reveal Stream
Thursday, June 9th, 10 AM Pacific
TWITCH.TV/BUNGIE

quote:
Save the date. Follow our channel. This will be your first glimpse at what awaits you later on this year, followed by a deeper dive with the development team.
Many believe that this will be the Reveal of the Rise of Iron.

It is also interesting that this is happening right before E3 so...the running theory/rumor is The live stream will be the reveal and what it is, and at E3 it will become playable AND they tease Destiny 2.

Anyways, I know this happened yesterday, just haven't seen any updates on here since 2 weeks ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.