*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

263,813 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
kill0509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First day of playing doubles, and boogie pulls down a 318 shell.
mid90
AG
quote:
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
you get a 320 ghost shell for sure at the end so what does a 318 matter?
mid90
AG
Just when I thought Lightning grenades couldn't get any scarier!

mid90
AG
mid90
AG
Explaining the Totems mechanics using a hot potato analogy, shamelessly stolen from reddit:
quote:
See those orbs on the left and right? Those are potatoes. See the plates past the orbs? Those are hot plates. The whole goal is to hold each potato on a hot plate for about eight minutes. We'll have three people on each side to help heat up a potato. The hot plates are really hot, as you can see by the way everything turns red hot when there's no potato on them. If we can't keep the potatoes on the plates then it gets too hot and we die.

What makes this hard is since the plates are so hot guardians can only hold a potato on a plate for 30 seconds at a time. The first person to pick up the potato will see a 30 second countdown timer for how long they can still hold it. When that timer hits 0 you better hope someone is close by because you'll automatically pass the potato to the person next to you, otherwise it resets back to where it started. When you let go of the potato you will have a Burnt Hands x 10 buff (A.K.A. Deathsingers Power) and have to stand on the cold plate in the center to cool your hands before you can pick up the potato again. Ideally, if everything works properly there will always be someone holding the potato on the side, a second person hanging out with him waiting for the potato to be passed, and a third person in the process of cooling their hands.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
That is the new Meta, tbh!
dwit392
That smash video is hella lame, the lightening nade video is amazing

Also, anyone who has time to watch ... here is a pretty sweet 2v3 Boogie and I pulled off after kill was kicked in trials 2 weeks ago. We might have denied the other team flawless (they had won 6 out of their last 7).

One of my favorite trials memories

Beau Holder
AG
I just realized at some point I accidentally un-watchlisted this thread.
kill0509
AG
The heavy round, how in the world did the titan get his smash off through the tether that was already on the ground?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
The heavy round, how in the world did the titan get his smash off through the tether that was already on the ground?
Tether takes at least a second to kick in..
MBAR
AG
Plus lag
dwit392
It's not lag or the tether taking time to deploy; it's just another Bungie known issue (so not working as intended). Despite, being tethered, it takes another few tenths of a second to actually become suppressed. Therefore, you can be tethered and destroy the tether with the right timing on a titan smash or nova bomb. It is really aggravating to be killed by another super after tethering them. You can still get two swipes in with an arc blade after being tethered.
dwit392
Welcome back!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
This is from my lagfest with Dwit. Watch the 1st match to get an idea of how l**** Martinez is. This, if you are pressed for time jump to the last 30 seconds of the video and watch the last kill. Dude drops his sniper and just starts walking backwards on my screen --- Dwit swears he didn't see any of that!

mid90
AG
quote:
This is from my lagfest with Dwit. Watch the 1st match to get an idea of how l**** Martinez is. This, if you are pressed for time jump to the last 30 seconds of the video and watch the last kill. Dude drops his sniper and just starts walking backwards on my screen --- Dwit swears he didn't see any of that!

dafuqqqqq
Mr.KyleReed
Beau Holder
AG
In the time I wasn't posting on this thread I took Covolance's Duty + Dreg's Promise into a Rift match and got something like 34 kills. By game's end I was getting bagged by multiple people whenever I died.

I don't think people like getting wrecked with Dreg's Promise.

I wish I had recorded it.
Beau Holder
AG
I also got NLB, which forced me to finally put in the effort to get gud at sniper headshotting. I'm still no pro, but I got the opening snipes that led to our final three Trials wins when we went flawless on Monday.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
edit -- nevermind.. lol
mid90
AG
quote:
I also got NLB

*sigh*

curse you bungie and your terrible drop rates

Beau Holder
AG
Don't worry, Bungo is still throwing a nice middle finger at my quest for Twilight Garrison.
stridulent
AG
I will be on for a good bit this evening if anyone wants to group up to do...
- Heroic Strikes
- PVP (doubles if the event is still active, or anything really)
- Anything else that could help me up my gear

Currently around 260 light level. PSN = Stridulent.
mid90
AG
quote:
I will be on for a good bit this evening if anyone wants to group up to do...
- Heroic Strikes
- PVP (doubles if the event is still active, or anything really)
- Anything else that could help me up my gear

Currently around 260 light level. PSN = Stridulent.

court of oryx is a great way to up your light level to around 280ish
MBAR
AG
I want more doubles. But with level differences enabled.
stridulent
AG
Got the Court of Oryx quest last night after we did those heroic strikes. Currently focused on finishing that, vanguard heroic strike quest, and raising rep with Dead Orbit. Should be 280 soon.
Pac1698
AG
Did you end up getting credit for the court of oryx rounds that we completed? If not we can go back and get that quest completed no problem.
dwit392
My favorite moment is when you hear me shotgun at 5:42 then see he dies over 5 seconds later. That is some true lag skill.
stridulent
AG
quote:
Did you end up getting credit for the court of oryx rounds that we completed? If not we can go back and get that quest completed no problem.

I did not have the quest at that point. At least the gear was still very beneficial. Will try to log on later tonight.
stridulent
AG
283 light level now. 23 levels in just two nights of playing with you all!

Got my first exotic from Xur (gauntlets). Also made my first mistake of buying a legacy exotic engram. It may be good if I ever go solar, so I'll hold on to it.

Also, it only took me 3 days of waiting on the Vanguard rep vendor items to change to finally realize that the legendary ones don't!
mid90
AG
Iron Banner starts tomorrow. Supposedly Lord Saladin will be giving away snipers and rocket launchers.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Unless I'm missing a joke, it started today
mid90
AG
quote:
Unless I'm missing a joke, it started today
Really? I thought I read that it started at midnight tonight.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
It started at noon.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I probably won't be able to play til Friday night.. which is ToO time.. FeelsIndifferentMan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.