*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

263,814 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Ph.D.Aggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I too am interested in some black spindle runs.

I should have my solar exotic sword today, so that could make things much easier.

When I get home I have the Solar sword quest as well. Hit that up and then on to Spindle runs? Spieg - you willing to tag your OP self along too?
For this nightfall you will find Black Spindle to be much more useful than the sword for your exotic slot. You don't want to be melee-ing the boss. But I was dropping over 18.5k damage per shot with Black Spindle.
Living Legend
AG
PSN bh_ONE
MBAR
AG
I'll be on the rest of the afternoon. When someone wants to do a spindle run(s) message me. I'm eager to get one of these.
Beau Holder
AG
On now if anyone wants to get the Spindle.
MBAR
AG
quote:
On now if anyone wants to get the Spindle.
Lets do it
kill0509
AG
What light level do you need to be to complete the mission for the black spindle?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
What light level do you need to be to complete the mission for the black spindle?
You honestly probably want to have at least two 290s with you.

Redbaron, Saxoon, and I developed a good strategy. I have the video saved on my PS4.. unfortunately I am not home from work until 930 central, so posting it before most of you guys log off is going to be impossible. We had one person focus on adds and the Taken bubbles. I did this as a storm caller with invective (this was important for the captains and the solar shields). Any solar shotty should do. The other two players would help with adds as they got supers and the adds got bad. So about 75% of the time they are focusing on the boss and calling out new Taken bubbles. One (or both) have a sniper and might help sniping the bubbles in the far back of the room. When the ads are down and/or I got extra heavy bricks, I fired a few rockets at the boss as well.

We finished the room with over 1:30 to spare. Hopefully what I said makes sense or you guys find a better way to do it!
kill0509
AG
Nice! And is the black spindle a gauranteed drop for each guy, or just a chance to drop for one player?
Saxsoon
AG
Guaranteed

I was also a stormcaller and then I think we had a night stalker as well. That was good to increase Damage. So we had three guys with classes that did really well against mobs.
MBAR
AG
Tex, Midnight, and myself got it with ONE second left. Holy **** that was intense.
Beau Holder
AG
A clutch bubble on the main platform let the guys kill the boss with about 25 seconds left (IIRC) and I swooped in, picked up the orbs, flaming hammer'd the remaining knights and then all that was left was the one Cabal Taken with the arc shield up on the back platform. I had four arc sniper bullets left and it took three to get the shield down + some damage, then a sword killed him with one second left. The video should get posted here soon, it was ridiculous.
MBAR
AG
Anyone want to do a NF or two?
TelcoAg
AG
How's TK? Been slammed with real work and football work, haven't jumped on in a long time.

Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
How's TK? Been slammed with real work and football work, haven't jumped on in a long time.

TTK is so much better than Destiny and the expansions.. It is almost a different game (except the shooting mechanics)
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Nice! And is the black spindle a gauranteed drop for each guy, or just a chance to drop for one player?
We all got it.
mid90
AG
Just finished TTK story missions.

Seemed like a pretty big cliff hanger there at the end with eris. Probably a spoilerish conversation, but I'm curious what yall think is going on?
kill0509
AG
Dang, two 292 sunbreaker titans and a 291 stormcaller were just barely able to kill the guy at the end, but two of us went down on killing the boss and couldn't clear the remaining ads. So close!! Nice run JB and Boogie! We'll get it on the next one.
Vade281
AG
Maroonout and I are trying to find a third for Black Spindle. Anyone available?
Dumbdumb
I'm about log on. dunnyrc51 on PSN
Vade281
AG
no BS for me but i got to 291 light
MBAR
AG
Here's the footage of our Black Spindle run. Its the whole encounter so just skip ahead if you want.

I wish everyone enabled their voice recording so I don't sound like I"m just talking to myself!

Tex117
AG
quote:
Tex, Midnight, and myself got it with ONE second left. Holy **** that was intense.
It was a great win!

Great last line of that video "I was failing so hard dude."
Streetfighter 02
AG
I gave it two goes with a buddy and his brother. We just couldn't DPS the boss enough. Nobody had a sniper so that didn't help.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Hello, my psn is urmomsmuffintop and ive never played destiny.

I did just buy it yesterday though. Will play tonight and probably all weekend.

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I will probably get taken king next week or the week after if I can get a general grasp of the game tonight or this weekend.
30_Days
AG
ok, I just found out something wonderful today.

If you have both a PS3 and a PS4 you can play the same character on both. so that's awesome.
Jack Burton
AG
It was a good run other than not getting enough DPS to wax all the ads in time dang it! We WILL get it though!
dwit392
You didn't buy Destiny with the Taken King? Can you return the game? I think you need the other two expansions to play Taken King, so if you could return Destiny and buy the bundle for $60 you would probably be much better off.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I got the game used for about $20 just to get the feel of the game to see if I'd even like it. I feel like I would, and if I do then I will get the taken king $60 one.
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:
It was a great win!

Great last line of that video "I was failing so hard dude."

I couldn't make it on top of the stupid platform! The sword swing is slow compared to Crota and I tried to duplicate the "flying" you would do with crota and NOPE. But we did enough damage to finish him. LOL
Saxsoon
AG
So to everyone I added to that group last night on the new ps4 feature, I am so sorry. I thought I was creating a group of people I have played destiny with that I can keep track of. I didn't realize it was going to become the equivalent to a group chat. I personally will be backing out of the group and stick to the new Texags community created.
30_Days
AG
Second attempt at organizing an early morning raid. Tomorrow at 6am, I have a checkpoint just after the Warpriest. Play for 2 hours and try to get past Golgototh. Anybody in?
Drake aTm
AG
Anyone down for a full raid?
MBAR
AG
I can't speak for anyone else, but I will never want to do a 6am raid.
30_Days
AG
quote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I will never want to do a 6am raid.
I've played at 5 or 6 am just about every day the last 2 weeks.

It's actually a pretty nice morning routine. Wake up, shower, play some Destiny while I drink my coffee, then head off to work.
Beau Holder
AG
Down for a raid.

Not down for it being at sunrise. There's only one 6:00 in the day, thank you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.