*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

263,804 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would have tried it already, but you know....work.
mid90
AG
Will hit the beta hard when I get home tonight.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I'll most likely be on the division but if anyone needs someone for IB I'm available.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Okay scrubs.. I am going to play the division starting in about an hour.. hmu.. also.. I might stream it for those of you who don't have the beta who want to see what a noob looks like playing dis game!
Prime0882
AG
If I can get into The Division beta tonight then I'll be on trying that out. I might wait for y'alls reactions to see if it's preorder worthy if I'm not able to get in.
mid90
AG
A wild Prime appeared!
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Game is pretty fun, not Gunna lie. Can't kill this random boss for the life of me. 3rd time, here we go.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
A wild Prime appeared!
Wish I could appear more often! Might be able to play some Division if it's worth a buy for a bit before having to disappear again.
Tex117
AG
Its like the band is back together again!

I was able to hop on at lunch for about 30 min. Keep in mind...this is a Third Person Cover based shooter, and it plays that way. (Doesn't have the buttery smooth Destiny shooting mechanics). The shooting will improve with some better guns and mods though.

However, the feel of the game is great and I know I will like it!
AGinHI
AG
quote:
Okay scrubs.. I am going to play the division starting in about an hour.. hmu.. also.. I might stream it for those of you who don't have the beta who want to see what a noob looks like playing dis game!

Thanks for letting me tag along. That was fun.

Although I was lost half the game

and dying the other half.

That Dark Zone is chaos. As soon as we get there Forrest shoots a guy just to take the shirt off his back.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks for letting me tag along. That was fun.

Although I was lost half the game

and dying the other half.

That Dark Zone is chaos. As soon as we get there Forrest shoots a guy just to take the shirt off his back.

Forrest gonna Forrest
Drake aTm
AG
How do you play the beta?

I can't find it in the PS store
mid90
AG
quote:
How do you play the beta?

I can't find it in the PS store

If you preordered the division, you were sent a code to get into the beta.
Beezy2389
AG
Raid tonight?
Tex117
AG
Had fun running with Forrest and Dwit on Friday! Had to hop off to make dinner, but running and gunnin' in the Dark Zone is a lot of fun.

My only hope is that in the full release, they actually give us more of a reason to enter the DZ other than to patrol the area and decide whether you want to go rogue or not.
dwit392
For Sal, here is a post I made on Reddit about my feelings on the Division:

"Honestly, I was super hyped for the game, but I canceled my pre-order after the beta.
There just didn't seem to be enough there. The PVE was absolutely stale. Stay behind cover and constantly pump bullets into stupid, shielded AI.

The dark zone did have a few fun moments with friends, but there weren't enough rogues for consistent action. I didn't really find killing rogues that satisfying because everything is stacked against them. The radar, their appearance on the screen and being outnumbered usually made for an easy kill.

Going rogue with friends was fun and an adventure in failure. Every time we though someone was by themselves we ended up getting shot in the back. My gear wasn't good enough to compete with most people. I downed several people, but I was never able to get the kill because their downed bodies would still eat bullets then I would get shot in the back. It was fun because it was different from what I am used to, but I don't see a ton of sustainable content currently."

In summary: I think the game will be worth it if there is interesting end-game content (and a different PVP mode, which isn't happening right now), but I have no idea if that exists, so I will wait for some reviews.
mid90
AG
I will be on around 6 for a few games of iron bernerners, but that's all I've got time for tonight. What with having to play dodgeball against astronauts and such.
MBAR
AG
Yeah, I might hold off on the Division then. I still have Borderlands Handsome Collection which I've barely played. That might be what I start playing more of.
Tex117
AG
To me, The Division really focuses on the RPG side of the this new Shooter/RPG/MMO-lite genre.

It felt a lot more like Diablo to me than Destiny. (Lots of numbers)

Massive, in a stream, half dropped they will have some interpretation of a raid for end-game content. No idea how that would look and stated that the best in slot gear can be found both in pve and pvp end game content.

Beezy2389
AG
I wouldn't mind getting back into that if you ever want to try Co-op.
dwit392
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44307

LOL, I am literally going to start every 3v3 game with Ice Breaker.
mid90
AG
quote:
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44307

LOL, I am literally going to start every 3v3 game with Ice Breaker.

"Why not 6v6? People get sniped there too you know. "

"There's no proof of that."

-_-
bevokilla
AG
Uncharted Collection in only $30 on the PSN store. See you kids in trials or The Division
Drake aTm
AG
Ooh. I haven't played any of those yet
bevokilla
AG
quote:
I played and loved Uncharted 2. I haven't played 1 or 3 yet.

Trials is Burning Shrine so if anyone sees me on and needs a 3rd, send me a party invite as I am probably down
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:
I played and loved Uncharted 2. I haven't played 1 or 3 yet.

Trials is Burning Shrine so if anyone sees me on and needs a 3rd, send me a party invite as I am probably down

Burning Shrine is pretty good!

Only real downside is the head glitching in the sun
dwit392
I will be on for Trials tonight, but I have to get up early tomorrow to do some work.

The more I think about, I really think this special weapon ammo nerf maybe the end of destiny for me unless I go into 6v6 trying to shotgun everything.

Bungie just continues to slow the game down until people are going to be sitting at special ammo boxes across the map for the first :30 seconds of every round of trials. That sounds like the opposite of fun. Also, someone killing you with a power weapon (special) to deny you special sounds like the making of a rage quit.

If anyone wants to play rocket league anytime: ranked, ****ing around, or organized texag games, just send me an invite.
MBAR
AG
I played a ****load of rocket league when it first came out. Game is insane fun.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
So I was reading and watching some things about this crimson doubles stuff, and there was something that stuck out.

http://gamerant.com/destiny-crimson-doubles/
quote:
As is standard in the Elimination gametype, the match will end when one team wins five rounds. That also means players have one life to live unless they are revived. But unlike Trials of Osiris, level advantages are not enabled. The twist is a new buff called 'Broken Heart' that will activate when a player's partner dies, thereby maxing out the alive player's Armor, Agility, Recovery, and Weapon Handling speed. According to Bungie, "the Broken Heart buff will last until you revive your fallen comrade, until the round ends, or until you fall in combat yourself."

Seems like this will get abused.

Also, I will be playing, I want the chocolate ghost

Also a new emote

mid90
AG
Forrest is trolling the crap out of the Division beta thread. I think you need to hop in the crucible with your fusion rifle to get the troll out of your system.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so, no level advantages in the doubles playlist. looks like it will be a thorn fest.
MBAR
AG
quote:
Forrest is trolling the crap out of the Division beta thread. I think you need to hop in the crucible with your fusion rifle to get the troll out of your system.
hhahaha im gonna go read that thread now.
dwit392
Just read the thread. I get annoyed when people say that it was just a beta and you will have access to the unlocks and stuff later. I don't really care about that. I care that the gameplay was uninspired and not too interesting (from what I could see which wasn't much). I am also a little salty about how much levels/gear matter in PVP, but whatever ... I don't really want to get involved in that thread
bevokilla
AG
I am thoroughly enjoying Uncharted and still hopeful The Division will be good. I enjoyed the Beta for the most part. I also played it for maybe 3 hours and didn't grind it like some people did.

I will be back to Destiny to try to get a DoP when that is the 7 win reward but until then, I just can't bring myself to run solo crucibles
Beezy2389
AG
Anyone want to either Raid or do Crimson Doubles tonight?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.