*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

263,797 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
AG Custom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh I typically run with TLW or Hard Light (sometimes the MIDA), Party Crasher +!, and either rocket or machine gun or that one round where heavy ammo is pretty much never used..

We practice elimination at times but kinda same results.
MBAR
AG
You just have to communicate. Staying alive is the name of the game. If one of you gets killed in a bad spot, then the chances of you winning that match have just gone through the floor. Using grenades effectively to kill people who are low or to make someone low to get easily picked off are a big part of it too, IMO.

You want to stay safe, gain an advantage, then safely push that edge.
dwit392
Wall of text incoming:

Honestly, strategies are going to differ a lot based on maps and your teammates and what secondary you are using. The primary thing with elimination is to really focus on trying to get the first kill. Everything hinges around it. Whether your opponent or your teammate is the first to go down, you all want to position yourself in a way to protect the orb. After someone goes down it is a mini game to try to get the best position. This is why a lot of teams can stick together with good success (except against very coordinated teams) because they can easily get good position on the first orb to appear.

Ways to improve:

1. Practicing with your regular team in 3v3 or elimination. 3v3 will give you more varied and volume of exposures. Elimination will be more specific to trials. I personally don't really like elimination because it is too slow when people are playing smart.

2. Watch better players than your play for a little on twitch. If you like to use a shotgun, try to find someone who uses a shotgun.

3. Use the right weapons on the right map or role for your team.

4. Look at your own gameplay or have others look at your gameplay in close matches to see what you do well or if you have any bad habits.

Here is an example of some (unsolicited) critiquing from myself to TheForrestFires:

0:12 - I don't really like this grenade throw. It prevents your opponents from rushing you hard, but it doesn't stop them from getting a solid angle to kill you for a second or two

0:20 - He stays at a protected angle until his shields start to recover then pushes the downed orb to protect it. He leaves himself a route to quickly escape to the right if the opponent does end up getting the rez. Solid play.

0:52 - I don't really agree with the idea behind the grenade throw. It would be placed in a pretty defensive position when he is not in imminent danger. I would rather see him save that grenade to use aggressively or defensively when he is more danger.

0:55 - Scoping in here is pretty bold (stupid). He has good awareness to recognize someone is coming from this direction, but he is also exposed to the other angle just to the left where he knows enemies are likely to come from.

0:58 - After getting the first kill, I would have backed up and gone to the left to get a better angle on the orb while staying away from potential shotgunners. His teammate did have cover on him (if he had been shotgunned they would have kill that guy), so this wasn't a huge deal, but he did leave himself pretty vulnerable to slide shotty.

1:54 - He scopes in really low (not at head level of the opponents) and fails to correct this in a timely fashion. He does do a good job of unscoping to try to ID where his opponents are.

2:18 - Nice snipe (aka kill steal)

Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Forgot brilliant super at 2:40 Kappa
dwit392
Lol. It was pretty awesome.
AG Custom
AG
Thanks and i have watched some guys on twitch that are awesome.

I also don't understand how some guys can snipe so freaking fast. I mean i know the roll of the sniper has a lot to do with it (hidden hand, hot swap, snap shot, ect) but sometimes i swear there is no way they can get the sniper scoped, much less get it on my head from across the entire map while I'm exposed for what i feel is less than 1/2 a second (and i know they were NOT hard scoping our direction). I don't have any where close to that skill and when i do snipe i hit the person (majority of the time) but mostly body shot as i cant seem to get the precision shots consistently. Thus my love for the shotgun more

I guess more practice is the key or possibly playing with guys who are well versed in communication and trials.
Crucible and IB we do extremely well on and most matches i average anywhere from 18 on the low end to low 30s on the high end, but this Trails stuff kicks me in the...

I have only been playing it for 5-6 weeks as i didnt play Trials in year one so maybe it will turn around and I'm just being to anxious.
Bulldog73
AG
This reminds me, don't ever watch me play. There will be a lot of WTF? moments and a lot of illogical movements.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Have yall seen that video of the guy that did Trials solo? combo just sent it to me.

http://gamerant.com/destiny-trials-of-osiris-solo-104/
Tex117
AG
I too have done the same thing to check out the beta.

I'm not going to overplay the beta though. I'm going to fire it up...Run a mission or two and make a determination of whether I like the gameplay. If I do...stop beta...wait for full release. If I don't...Then its just waiting for Dark Souls 3.

I can't imagine me not enjoying it though. At its base...its a TPS RPG....That's right there is worth the purchase for me. The rest of the more exotic systems are icing on the cake.
dwit392
Hehe, I would only do that if I was asked.

I only did it with above because I know Forrest a bit and figured I wouldn't hurt his feelings too bad (also, the video was very short because of the domination).

Of course, how can you get better without having some a-hole criticizing your every move? :P
dwit392
I heard about that, but I haven't watched it yet. He is a remarkable player.

Just shows how important thinking and processing information is in a video game. The other team could have easily won by just camping the capture zone and communicating once they realized they were facing a vastly superior player.
AG Custom
AG
WOWthat is awesome
AG Custom
Bulldog73
AG
Very true, but I'm so bad it would really be a waste of time for you. The one time I ran ToO kill, Boogie l, and I couldn't manage more than four wins. I really need to get some better gear to think about being competitive there.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Dwit has watched me stream mult times and given me pointers. We also play together regularly; he knows my strengths and weakness (and that I def. don't main Titan). So yeah, definitely not unaccustomed to be told I made a bad play and why I did. It is how ya learn. I would second his recommendation to record your gameplay. Make a twitch account and connect your PSN to it and just stream your game play so you can watch it more easily later. If you don't want to do that just record games where you did really well and really poorly and see if you can isolate what was different about your play --- not just how good/bad your opponents are.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I can say as someone who has just played a couple crucible matches with these guys, they are legit. I'm talking about these Texags guys. Their communication is on point and their play styles compliment one another. I would defiantly take any and all advice they offer up. hell I still do and I find myself getting ever so slightly better with each pvp match I play.
MBAR
AG
quote:
Very true, but I'm so bad it would really be a waste of time for you. The one time I ran ToO kill, Boogie l, and I couldn't manage more than four wins. I really need to get some better gear to think about being competitive there.

I played with Boogie and Kill last week on my 290ish Warlock and we hit 7 wins. Gear is important, but not as much as communication and organization.
dwit392
A few highlights from Monday night

AG Custom
AG
Man you are fast with that sniper..
mid90
AG
Fantastic plays.

That was about all of the good plays we had Monday night though...... T-T
mid90
AG
You cut it off right before my t-bag at 0:55
dwit392
Yeah it was a rough night. My controller was broken (I will get a new one today), I was in a weird mood, you two didn't seem to be having your best night, and I didn't care too much about winning so I was playing a little more aggressively (or stupidly) than I usually would.

The last fact does make highlights more likely to happen, but it also leaves others as the last guardian standing much more often. Forrest had about as many last guardian standings that night as he would in two weeks of playing trials with me.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
is the defiance of yasmin any good? wondering if I should use them to boost up my 1k stare and Stillpiercer.
AG Custom
AG
I personally don't like it but it is pretty easy to shoot. It's impact isn't very good at least for PVE, PVP it isn't that bad but I'm not a very good sniper. I used the ones i got from War Priest Challenge to bring up my 1000 Yard Stare and Black Spindle.
dwit392
PVP: If you have hotswap as your last perk (my personal favorite), then it is worth using if you want to snipe (there are better snipers). The scope is pretty cool.

PVE: It is very good for sustaining DPS because of the cocoon perk. You can fire your shots, then switch to your primary. However, its not like PVE is that hard most of the time and you will probably be using Black Spindle for the raid anyway except on Oryx when you can just use a 1000yrd stare.

I ended up infusing my two 320s into my best infuse-able sniper and shotgun for PVP.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Thanks for the replys guys.

I ended up infusing my stillpiercer and 1kyd up to 316 each (hunter and titan).

Finally finished my ToM quest, 310.

Also needed to do the NF version of the Sunless Cell strike. We completed it, killing everything but the darkblade and the void guy (void sword) and then killed them both almost at the same time. For some reason it only showed on my quest line that I killed the void guy, not darkblade. I'm assuming I can just run it again and it will work, just not sure as to why it only showed one and not the other. We even made sure we killed the void first.

Also completed the nightfall on one character. got those sweet blue engrams and 2 strange coins.

I had a pretty productive night if I do say so myself. Also might try crota flawless tonight, and would like to do KF challenge sometime this weekend. Ive never held the gaze or anything, should be interesting.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Bungie update was rough.

Iron Banner Rift...

If anybody wants to read more,

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14271
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Bungie update was rough.

Iron Banner Rift...
I sarcastically called that last month. Good news is the win with 1500 points will be really easy
Tex117
AG
And the big rumor now is that Destiny 2 is NOT coming this year.

See yall in the Division .
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

i don't see why anyone thought this. while possible, Bungie always announces their new titles 1-2 years in advance.

Halo 1: 1999 - released 2001
Halo 2: 2002 - released 2004
Halo 3: 2006 - released 2007
ODST: 2008 - released 2009
Reach: 2009 - released 2010
Destiny: 2013 - released 2014
Mr.KyleReed
AG
yep, now im defiantly getting the division.
spieg12
AG
Wow. No weekly update for a month and they come back with hot garbage. Just paragraphs of nothing. Just push it back a week instead of that.
dwit392
Lol, for anyone who reads the update also read this.

mid90
AG
quote:

lololol

Destiny has been great, but I would almost rather their entire team be dedicated to Destiny 2 at this point rather than have just enough people on Destiny 1 to give us gimmicky valentine's day events but nothing of more substance.
mid90
AG
And still no word on the unreleased exotics that were used over 6 months ago to hype TTK.

I don't want to complain too much, as destiny has overall been a great experience and well worth the money, but while they have done some things fantastically well (graphics, environments, community experience, etc ), they have done an absolute **** job on equally as many things (crucible lag, loot drop rates, and acting like they are pushing new content in year 2 beyond TTK and instead giving us pretty much nothing).
Tex117
AG
My guess is that we get a "Taken King" type expansion this year.

Destiny 2 Sept. 2017.

Just my .02

EDIT:

Whelp....Though not "official" Destiny 2 is for sure being delayed....And...there is nothing really of substance on the horizon.

http://kotaku.com/the-great-destiny-malaise-of-2016-1754495561

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.