*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

268,258 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Mr.KyleReed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
PSN: urmomsmuffintop

Will be on after 6, and I would like to do at least the first raid, something of glass, the name escapes me.

Will add everybody on the OP, just need something to push me to 40 (38 or 39) and boost up my gear/weapons/light points.

Vault of Glass is a lot of fun and something you should do at some point, but you wont get any upgrades from the old raids. Best bet to get your gear up would be the Vanguard Strike Playlist.
I second this.. Do the playlists until you get to 40. Then, get your light up a bit and do the heroic strike list. Just keep grinding out engrams for better gear. It will come. And I am sure you can get a group of us to help you with VoG.. it was certainly the best PvE component of year 1.

Thanks!

Side question, is it worth joining a faction, or does it matter? Does it really only matter for personal preference of gear loadout?
absolutely worth joining a faction. With Year 2 you don't have to choose between faction and vanguard reputation, your faction levels up along side your vanguard or crucible rep, at a rate of 50%.

So by joining a faction you are increasing the number of reward packages you get for leveling rep by 50%, in addition to opening up a their source of weapons and armor to purchase.
I noticed that actually. I joined Dead Orbit, (liked the black and white, clean sharp look, plus liked the look of the helmet for my hunter) and notice when I do vanguard strikes that it raises up both.

Wasn't sure if there was any perks to one over the other. Thanks for the replies everyone.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
PSN: urmomsmuffintop

Will be on after 6, and I would like to do at least the first raid, something of glass, the name escapes me.

Will add everybody on the OP, just need something to push me to 40 (38 or 39) and boost up my gear/weapons/light points.

Vault of Glass is a lot of fun and something you should do at some point, but you wont get any upgrades from the old raids. Best bet to get your gear up would be the Vanguard Strike Playlist.
I second this.. Do the playlists until you get to 40. Then, get your light up a bit and do the heroic strike list. Just keep grinding out engrams for better gear. It will come. And I am sure you can get a group of us to help you with VoG.. it was certainly the best PvE component of year 1.

Thanks!

Side question, is it worth joining a faction, or does it matter? Does it really only matter for personal preference of gear loadout?
absolutely worth joining a faction. With Year 2 you don't have to choose between faction and vanguard reputation, your faction levels up along side your vanguard or crucible rep, at a rate of 50%.

So by joining a faction you are increasing the number of reward packages you get for leveling rep by 50%, in addition to opening up a their source of weapons and armor to purchase.
I noticed that actually. I joined Dead Orbit, (liked the black and white, clean sharp look, plus liked the look of the helmet for my hunter) and notice when I do vanguard strikes that it raises up both.

Wasn't sure if there was any perks to one over the other. Thanks for the replies everyone.
no particular perks are added, but the weapons and armor have different buffs and traits. You can browse their inventory before you commit.

Factions also award some of the coolest looking shaders, emblems, and ships at their higher levels.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
And you can switch once per week as well if you think you have leveled up Dead Orbit enough times and finally got the cool shader or whatever you wanted from them, then you can switch to NM or FWC.
MBAR
AG
I can do a raid tonight. I cleared up to Oryx last night for the first time and was actually a bit disappointed not to down him. The guy who wanted to run the relic just kept missing jumps otherwise everything went fine.
MBAR
AG
I would reccomend sticking with the vanguard playlist and not the heroic playlist after you get your legendary marks for the week. The heroic list is harder and doesn't offer any better rewards than the other two (even the legacy gives the same stuff).
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
So -- there is a raid tonight!?

Also -- the Nightfall is silly.. Leave your Red Deaths behind.
Saxsoon
AG
Yes, I will be on soon.

MBAR, what is your PSN tag?
MBAR
AG
msalgado80

I'll be home in about 35-45 minutes.
Prime0882
AG
Prime0882. Grab me when y'all are ready
Saxsoon
AG
So we have Prime, Saxsoon, salgado, Forrest?, and Salgambino. If someone wants to get a party chat going and invite us in as we join.
spieg12
AG
The daily story today has three secret ghosts hidden throughout the vault then you fight an ultra to open a chest. Gives you a ghost shell you have to turn in that gives you rep. So far the rep is the only reward but people are thinking this might be part of a hidden quest.
redbaron788
AG
I'm down, just let me know when if y'all need another
Beezy2389
AG
Random question anyone have a Golgoroth or piston jumping area checkpoint? I have a buddy who is missing the next two calcified fragments and just need to grab them
Drake aTm
AG
I have war priest cp.

I'll be on tomorrow though
Beezy2389
AG
Thanks but I managed to find a few guys that actually wanted to start a raid at midnight and we just finished it (I don't recommend doing that in case any one was considering it).

But thanks mmtexasace for sticking around the whole time. I know it can be frustrating especially with the jumping puzzles but glad you got through it. Also I like to apologize for some of those guys, I knew a few but I think just playing this late had a bunch of them on edge.

Either way, hope to play some more with ya!
kill0509
AG
Would anyone be free for an Oryx checkpoint tonight? I definitely understand what everyone is talking about in being at least a light level 295 for that battle now! I need to play tonight because I'll be out of town all weekend and won't be able to play again until Sunday night or Monday. I know Boogie05 and I will be online later.
30_Days
AG
First step in the Sleeper Stimulant quest line is up today if you've returned all 4 fusion rifle parts to the gunsmith
Aggie_3
Finally got the expansion last night and am still figuring out all the new stuff it's almost like relearning how to play this damn game
MBAR
AG
Try not to roll your sparrow!
mmtexasace
AG
quote:
Thanks but I managed to find a few guys that actually wanted to start a raid at midnight and we just finished it (I don't recommend doing that in case any one was considering it).

But thanks mmtexasace for sticking around the whole time. I know it can be frustrating especially with the jumping puzzles but glad you got through it. Also I like to apologize for some of those guys, I knew a few but I think just playing this late had a bunch of them on edge.

Either way, hope to play some more with ya!

Ya, it was a good raid! No worries, I laughed at it myself at how terrible I can be at jumping puzzles, but thanks for being patient and showing a "noob" the ropes. Great explanation of walking me through all the mechanics! I'll definitely be down to run it with y'all again.
Beau Holder
AG
Haven't really been on in nearly a week. Is there anyone who hasn't done all their Nightfalls, would like to hit up at least some of the raid, or feels like running some Rift or Skirmish later?

I'll hang up and listen.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I haven't don't the nightfall. Hotel internet connection isn't great but I'd give it a shot.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I think I've turned in two of them. Is there a specific spot they drop or just random?
bevokilla
AG
quote:
I think I've turned in two of them. Is there a specific spot they drop or just random?
They are random. I think I have turned in 3 and I think most/all of them dropped on the Dreadnaught
MBAR
AG
quote:
Haven't really been on in nearly a week. Is there anyone who hasn't done all their Nightfalls, would like to hit up at least some of the raid, or feels like running some Rift or Skirmish later?

I'll hang up and listen.
I haven't done any of my nightfalls this week so if you want to do them tonight I can. Wife is working till 9 so I have a few hours.
Beau Holder
AG
Sweet. I'll probably be on around 6.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
quote:

I'll hang up and listen.
I haven't done any of my nightfalls this week so if you want to do them tonight I can. Wife is working till 9 so I have a few hours.
I haven't done any of them either. also will be on around 6-6:15
Aggie_3
quote:

I'll hang up and listen.
ILL nightfall with you tonight
MBAR
AG
quote:
Sweet. I'll probably be on around 6.
Yeah I should be on around that time too.
MBAR
AG
Hey sorry Midnight. I had to stay late to fix some broken equipment but I hope you got to run the nightfalls. I hope to get on at some point tonight but we'll see.
JeremyClarkson047
AG
Id: HittMan7286

Picked up TTK a couple of weeks ago. Started from scratch so I'm probably not quite at everyone's level but I'd like to join in on the action.

Level 40 warlock hovering around 240 light level.

Prime0882
AG
Looks like the Sleep Simulant is finally obtainable. This is directly from the DestinyTheGame subreddit thread (spoilers for those who want to figure out stuff themselves):

"The quest "The First Firewall" is available once all four fusion rifle relics are found and returned to the gunsmith, it is available on Earth as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/aLogKZu.png
It does not require you to visit Banshee to get a quest. Simply go to the director, select Earth, and start the mission.

Completing the quest awards the Curious Transceiver, which goes to your quest items and then requires 4 sequential pass codes. The pass codes appear to be identical to the order the knights spawn in the First Firewall mission (with Knights and Taken knights representing different values).
Transceiver pass code input screen: http://imgur.com/NGvBxbB
All codes courtesy of /u/kiki_strumm3er:

Codes (top is 1):

• 1 2 1 1 2 2 2 1 2
  • 1 2 1 1 2 2 1 1
  • 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 1 1
  • 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 1

After 4 pass codes you get access to a new mission called Shadow Call which requires you to reach the top of the Devil's Spire (Cayde's Stash mission location) within a time limit to collect your reward, which is the IKELOS Fusion Core.

The Fusion Core requires 5 modules to be repaired.
Heavy Power Coupling - Dismantle any legendary or higher heavy weapon.
Ionized Shell Harmonics - Complete the Archives mission on Venus on any difficulty.
WARSAT//MK19/TERRA/RSPN - Complete a 'Defend the Warsat' public event on Earth.
WARSAT//MK19/LUNA/RSPN - Complete a 'Defend the Warsat' public event on the Moon.
WARSAT//MK19/MARS/CHLM - Complete a 'Defend the Warsat' public event on Mars.

For help finding Warsat events, check out www.destinypublicevents.com. Note that the Warsat at the beginning of the Fallen S.A.B.E.R. strike does not count towards your Earth Warsat completion.
Completing all 5 modules awards you with the Reassembled IKELOS Fusion Core, which must be brought to the Gunsmith. Turning it in results in a dead end, and it seems most likely that the next step is time gated.

DAY 2

After a daily reset, the gunsmith should present you with a quest called 'The Sleeper Stirs' which requires you to complete a special version of Fallen S.A.B.E.R. (Light 280 w/ Epic). Completing the strike awards the Sleeper Simulant Weapon Frame which you need to bring back to the tower.
Returning to the tower and talking to Banshee awards the final reward, the SLEEPER SIMULANT. We're done!"

Prime0882
AG
And, frak the Warsat on Earth part... I thought that that requirement was going to be the easiest one, but in about 2 hours total of using the Destiny Timed Events app, I didn't get a single warsat event. Just non stop Excavation and Kill the Target events.

Those timers work pretty well though to give you an idea within a five minute window when/if a public event is about to start. Hope y'all have better luck.
mid90
AG
I'm currently concentrating on collecting all the calcified fragments on the deadnaught. Each one reveals a grimoire card, and collectively it tells the origin story of the hive. Pretty fascinating stuff.
Saxsoon
AG
Mars is apparently the hardest but I dropped to Mars and there was a warsat which is great

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.