*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

268,038 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Raid has launched and it is 290 not 280 so I am definitely out this weekend
Beezy2389
AG
Do you have a group to run it with? I am busy during the day so I'll be going in blind tonight as well. I'm 293 and I have another buddy who is 290+ as well who hasn't run it yet either
30_Days
AG
just jumped to 281 w00t

took me all damn week to get from 200 to 250, took me 4 hours to go from 250 to 280
spieg12
AG
Nope. I get off work at 6 and would be down to do it.
Drake aTm
AG
263 right now
Cgoode03
AG
making a switch from XBox 1 to PS4. Going to be a long grind to get to lvl 40 on three new characters.....
GT: TexAggie03
spieg12
AG
At least you get to start at 25 on one character.
Prime0882
AG
Today's haul from Xur:

Insurmountable Skullfort (Titan), the new The Stag (Warlock), Mask of the Third Man (Hunter), and the new Graviton Forfeit (Hunter), and the new warlock gauntlets that grant landfall to the stormbreaker spec, The Impossible Machines.

What I got using the Three of Coins + Scourge of Winter strategy that you can find on the DestinyTheGame subreddit:

Year 2 Hawkmoon and Invective, Obsidian Mind (Warlock), Claws of Ahamkara (Warlock), Skyburners Annex (Hunter), Knucklehead Radar (Hunter), Young Akamkara's Spine (Hunter).

I'm almost tapped out of strange coins now, so I do think I'm done. Also unlocked the Helm of Saint-14 helm with marks!

13 exotics today... todaywasagoodday.gif
Saxsoon
AG
For the low low cost of 28 strange coins I got the Stag, Light Beyond Nemesis (don't have to rebuy that), Suros Regime, and Hawkmoon!
30_Days
AG
there's an interesting new mechanic with the strike playlists. If you say in the playlist, instead of jumping to orbit, you get a buff to your drops that increases each time.

I just did 3 strikes without jumping to orbit and got the following drops on the final boss

strike 1 - 3 blue
strike 2 - 4 blue
strike 3 - 3 blue, 1 purple

don't know how long you can streak for or how high the stack goes
Tex117
AG
Yeah, no way I can get to 290. That said, I think alot of us may be there by either Sunday night or next week. Yall wanna try and shoot for that?

Went a little crazy with the three coins thing, that will be nerfed for sure.

Got like 6 alpha lumpis.
3 Suros
2 Hawkmoons
1 4th horseman
2 Telecto (something like that)
1 last word
1 mask of third man
1 insurmountable skullfort
1 sealed akhama (sp) claws (or something)
1 the incredible machines (or something)

and
Zhulo Supercell. That thing is hilariously great for pve. Think an auto rifle thunderlord.
Jade Rabbit scout.
Hereafter sniper

If I'm not mistaken, I think I have all of the RNG weapon drops for TTK. HAHA.

Still kept over 150 strange coins in the bank. For whatever reason, Bungie is trying to drain them from the economy...I would not be surprised if there is going to be something we need the strange coins for other than what has been stated.
Saxsoon
AG
Anyone want to run the Daily Heroic and the Nightfall?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I have not had 1 exotic drop for me at all during this playing. Doing about 12-15 heroic strikes and 2 Nightfalls and no exotics.. What the hell. The only one I have weapon wise was Red Death that I build myself with legendary marks. It is now 283 and nearly maxed (red death perk).

Still --- just sill the RNG that happens in this game.

Also -- I have a blue chest piece that is 295 defense and +96 intellect.. WTF?
MBAR
AG
I get back into town tonight so I'll probably be on playing but no way I'll be close to a raid since I just barely hit 40. I'm gonna do my quests and bounties, then just take my time getting to the appropriate level. I really want to avoid grinding out levels or just blowing through content as fast as possible.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
I get back into town tonight so I'll probably be on playing but no way I'll be close to a raid since I just barely hit 40. I'm gonna do my quests and bounties, then just take my time getting to the appropriate level. I really want to avoid grinding out levels or just blowing through content as fast as possible.

Basically this. I'm with you.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:

Basically this. I'm with you.
Doing the level 36 strikes and then the light level 260 strike playlist isn't really blowing through content once you have seen them all. Just get in on the list and grind..
Tex117
AG
Though I know NOTHING about the mechanics of the raid, it does seem that 295 is pretty much the requirement to get through the raid.

Im not sure any of us are that high yet. (Im 283).
Bulldog73
AG
Should I wait to cash in on engrams right now if I'm just getting going on the expansion? When is the best time to do those upgrades? Is it safe to rip old legendaries apart if I'm getting blues and greens that are better?
30_Days
AG
quote:
Though I know NOTHING about the mechanics of the raid, it does seem that 295 is pretty much the requirement to get through the raid.

I just hit 291

getting close
Tex117
AG
quote:
Should I wait to cash in on engrams right now if I'm just getting going on the expansion? When is the best time to do those upgrades? Is it safe to rip old legendaries apart if I'm getting blues and greens that are better?
If the engrams are from y1, then they will only give y1 gear.

I wouldn't dismantle your legendary weapons yet as some of the gunsmith quests require you to dismantle rares and legendary (legendary counting for more points).
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:

I just hit 291

getting close
Nice! I'll be grinding tomorrow for sure.
30_Days
AG
btw, I'm on right now, G8SPECTRE if anybody is playing, especially interested in anybody interested in doing the Court of Oryx runes
Tex117
AG
quote:
btw, I'm on right now, G8SPECTRE if anybody is playing, especially interested in anybody interested in doing the Court of Oryx runes
Ill be on in a bit if you are still on. I don't have you on my friends list. I'm Tex117
MBAR
AG
Played last night and today. Got to 268 so far. New updated strikes are cool. Played a bit of rift. Seems pretty damn awesome.
mid90
AG
Gamestop has a sweet deal on the ps4 taken king bundle.

Custom destiny console + taken king legendary edition + fifa 16 for $399. Ships Tuesday (fifa 16 release date). Just ordered mine. Can't wait to join yall!

http://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-limited-edition-destiny-the-taken-king-500gb-bundle-with-fifa-16/125473
30_Days
AG
seriously considering getting the Taken King console bundle. I have the first Destiny bundle already, but I could use another PS4.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Are we going to Raid today?? I keep turning down raid invites to do it blind with you, TA Clan.. Let's do this!
30_Days
AG
I'm quickly running out of things I can do solo.
spieg12
AG
I couldn't wait. Just did the raid up to oryx. It's crazy. We didn't even attempt oryx since we knew we weren't high enough light. Really need to be around 300 light for that.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Are we going to Raid today?? I keep turning down raid invites to do it blind with you, TA Clan.. Let's do this!

I thought the consensus was that the majority of the TexAgs guys would not be up to 295 by today. Also, question, are you guys running Heroic or Normal Strike playlist to level up?

From what I understand, its about 295 to take down Oryx, but if in the next few days we are all about 290 or so, we can probably run it up until Oryx...maybe get some drops....see the mechanics. Etc.

Of my last calculations...here are the guys wanting to go in blind with TA. Post if you still want to wait for another day or two, and if you do, your light level currently (so we can see where we are)

(1) Tex117 (291)
(2) Redbaron
(3) Saxsoon (Maureves)
(4) Midnight (Beau)
(5) Potentially ForrestFires
(6) ????

spieg12
AG
You need to be 298 to 300 to take down oryx. Had a friend who said they had three 296 and three 297 and couldn't do enough damage.
Jack Burton
AG
I want to run, but I'm only at 240+ on light and not sure about my schedule
Tex117
AG
quote:
You need to be 298 to 300 to take down oryx. Had a friend who said they had three 296 and three 297 and couldn't do enough damage.
Wow, thats pretty intense....

Did they simply run strikes (normal or heroic) until they got there?

I mean damn, the exotic slots are only dropping at 290 right now!

quote:
I want to run, but I'm only at 240+ on light and not sure about my schedule
Obviously, anyone can just go jump in an LFG raid group, but for the first time, I would think there is alot of benefit to running it with guys that you know and you can actually learn what to do (instead of just being told to stand and shoot at x). In other words, I think most of us can wait and figure it out until we get a full raid team.
Beau Holder
AG
Current light: 255. Going to try to raise it tonight.
spieg12
AG
Partly. Getting lucky and getting gear drops early in the raid helps too on getting higher light

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.