Astros = CHEATERS

157,193 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lebron needs to stay in his own lane.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/18/lebron-james-houston-astros-baseball-cheating-scandal-rob-manfred/
MaxPower
Do you think Lebron gets the actual issues? What the Astros did was the equivalent in his sport to putting a camera on the opposing coach to decipher the play he is calling from the bench. I get the feeling if that were explained to him he would say, "Who the frick cares?"
dixichkn
AG
Cromagnum said:

Lebron needs to stay in his own lane.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/18/lebron-james-houston-astros-baseball-cheating-scandal-rob-manfred/
A lecture on morality from a guy who makes ungodly bank off the backs of a bunch of kids in a Chinese sweatshop making a few pennies a day........yeah. That's rich. STFU and just keep flopping.
MaxPower
What is everyone's thoughts on Manfred? The main thing that perturbed me was that he hides behind the fact that the players didn't know. Isn't that him admitting his own incompetence? If he though this was such a major issue to put forth a 3 month investigation then why, in 2017, wasn't he doing a roadshow at each dugout telling every player if they participate in these shenanigans that he would have their balls mounted as trophies on the wall of his office? He thought it was such a "big deal" that he sent a memo to GMs that prolly went to their junk mail and said, "Pretty please tell your players not to do this."
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's taking deserved heat because it was a weak punishment
one MEEN Ag
AG
Didn't LeBron just learn to 'shut up and dribble' after how he handled NBA China vs Hong Kong fallout? Not a shred of moral fiber to that man when there's a dollar to be made.

Flexbone
DannyDuberstein said:

He's taking deserved heat because it was a weak punishment

Worse than being a 50 year old whose self worth is tied to the ****ing Rangers?
investorAg83
AG
03_Aggie said:

Harold Reynolds.

You're a got damned fool if that's what you gleaned from his 'analysis' of the Altuve at bat.
DannyDuberstein
AG
i've noticed you like to round ages up a good 5 years. Did Fiers teach you that while he was employed by the stros? I mean, we know video screens and trash cans weren't the only thing management was looking the other way about
BassCowboy33
I came to this thread to see how people were frying Manfred for not punishing the culprits of a Top-3 scandal in MLB history only to find some people defending the perpetrators of said scandal. Interesting.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Harold Reynolds said that the whole Altuve/buzzer thing against Chapman was silly. He analyzed the at bat, saw that Chapman couldn't locate his fastball (5 outside pitches in a row), sat on a hanging slider, and killed it.

Also said he never 'immediately ran to the dugout' and showed several minutes of Altuve celebrating on the field after the walk-off.
Flexbone
DannyDuberstein said:

i've noticed you like to round ages up a good 5 years. Did Fiers teach you that while he was employed by the stros? I mean, we know video screens and trash cans weren't the only thing management was looking the other way about

First of all, you offered up that info when you said you'd been a fan for 48 years. But anyway...that's the lamest thing you've posted. What are you talking about? Fiers' ball doctoring? I ask again: have the Rangers stripped themselves of their division titles from the 90's?
03_Aggie
Aggies2009 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

03_Aggie said:

Harold Reynolds.

Post the video. The comment I have seen floating around from him in no way proves your point. I want to know the specific comments in question.

Plus, far better hitters say they'd do better knowing what's coming.

It wasn't him saying it about himself. But knowing what's actually going on doesn't appear your strong suit.
investorAg83
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Harold Reynolds said that the whole Altuve/buzzer thing against Chapman was silly. He analyzed the at bat, saw that Chapman couldn't locate his fastball (5 outside pitches in a row), sat on a hanging slider, and killed it.

Also said he never 'immediately ran to the dugout' and showed several minutes of Altuve celebrating on the field after the walk-off.

Right...his argument was that buzzer or no buzzer, the sequence of pitches made it easy to figure out what was coming and Altuve got to a point that he knew he wouldn't get a fastball (almost as if he had the info on the pitch...whether he did or didn't is irrelevant according to Reynolds). He then was able to smash the pitch because he knew he wouldn't get a fastball which flies in the face of everything 03Aggie keeps trying to promote; that knowing you're getting an off speed pitch 'isn't all that beneficial'. That's bull crap.

Buzzer or not, trash cans or not, Reynolds claim is that THAT at bat was easy to figure out. Fine...maybe that AB was. But it doesn't mean they're not the cheating *****s of baseball that they have come out and admitted.

I'm done. Enjoy getting pegged all season long and the black cloud that will forever hang over your franchise.
03_Aggie
investorAg83 said:

03_Aggie said:

Harold Reynolds.

You're a got damned fool if that's what you gleaned from his 'analysis' of the Altuve at bat.

The content of his discussion is over your head. We already know your baseball knowledge doesn't appear to be at the level you initially led with.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

A major league player literally debunked this theory just yesterday. But please continue to question people's baseball knowledge because their opinion differs from yours.

Still waiting on you to post the video of Harold Reynolds (or any current or former major leaguer) debunking the theory that knowing a fastball is coming is a huge advantage.
Flexbone
BassCowboy33 said:

I came to this thread to see how people were frying Manfred for not punishing the culprits of a Top-3 scandal in MLB history only to find some people defending the perpetrators of said scandal. Interesting.

Mmmmaaybe because we're not stupid enough to actually believe...like Eric Byrnes is saying as I type this...that they weren't even close to the only team doing it. Just like steroids. Add to that the fact that the numbers during and since then show that the Astros were clearly worthy of it anyway.
03_Aggie
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

A major league player literally debunked this theory just yesterday. But please continue to question people's baseball knowledge because their opinion differs from yours.

Still waiting on you to post the video of Harold Reynolds (or any current or former major leaguer) debunking the theory that knowing a fastball is coming is a huge advantage.

Wait, I thought knowing a breaking pitch was coming was the huge advantage?

Been up all night checking to see if I'd posted it yet?
agproducer
AG
I'm just here to watch Flexbone and Danny fight.
Flexbone
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Right...his argument was that buzzer or no buzzer, the sequence of pitches made it easy to figure out what was coming and Altuve got to a point that he knew he wouldn't get a fastball (almost as if he had the info on the pitch...whether he did or didn't is irrelevant according to Reynolds). He then was able to smash the pitch because he knew he wouldn't get a fastball which flies in the face of everything 03Aggie keeps trying to promote; that knowing you're getting an off speed pitch 'isn't all that beneficial'. That's bull crap.

Buzzer or not, trash cans or not, Reynolds claim is that THAT at bat was easy to figure out. Fine...maybe that AB was. But it doesn't mean they're not the cheating *****s of baseball that they have come out and admitted.

I'm done. Enjoy getting pegged all season long and the black cloud that will forever hang over your franchise.

We will. And John Smoltz is saying RIGHT NOW that the Astros were absolutely not alone. But please...keep telling yourself that the title is tainted. Let us know when your ****ty franchise erases its championships won by teams full of roiders.

By the way, are you on the same mission when it comes to requesting that titles be stripped from all teams that broke the "rules"? We might have about 2 legitimate winners in baseball history.

The only thing that pisses me off is that we didn't do it in 2019. Might have another title considering we lost all the home games. Strange how, yet again, we were better on the road and one of the best offenses of all time. I'm sure we'd have been lucky to break .500 if we hadn't "cheated."
03_Aggie
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Whew....the anger. All I did was comment on what Harold Reynolds said. It was specific to that at-bat because that's what the mob says proved Altuve was wearing a buzzer. Geez man....check your heart pressure.
03_Aggie
He has openly admitted he hates Altuve....

But it's Astros fans that are overly biased and have their heads in the sand.
Malachi Constant
AG
What are we supposed to tell our Little League sons about cheating?
MaxPower
I saw a 10 year old sitting in CF trying to relay signs to the batter at ORWALL in my kids game. Our team found the kid in the parking lot and roughed him up after pegging his brother in the head when he batted. #reasonedresponse
investorAg83
AG
03_Aggie said:

He has openly admitted he hates Altuve....

But it's Astros fans that are overly biased and have their heads in the sand.

Yep...eff Altuve from the beginning; no idea why I never liked him. Everyone else was A-ok in my book until this **** hit the fan. I actually admired the way they did it...tanking for years while they built the machine from within. Then they went the extra mile and when they got caught, their response to everyone makes it even worse. Stripped title or not, no one respects their ring anymore (and your boy Reynolds said this exact thing this morning). 'Don't care, got one' will only feel good for so long.

https://instagr.am/p/B8u5xJVgo1DgctySbiHEhNEdivKW6aDj9zEJyk0
Bunk Moreland
03_Aggie said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

Wait, I thought knowing a breaking pitch was coming was the huge advantage?

Been up all night checking to see if I'd posted it yet?

So you admit you're full of ***** Thanks for confirmation. I won't waste time waiting for you to actually defend your idiotic claim.
Bunk Moreland
03_Aggie said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

None of what he said addresses the claim you are trying to make that knowing a fastball (or breaking ball) is coming with certainty isn't a large advantage.

It's a huge advantage. Just because Jeter looked for fastball doesnt mean he'd get it. If he looked for fastball AND knew it was coming when it was, it'd be in a whole other stratosphere.
Proposition Joe
Could you guys quit with the back and forth with 03_Aggie regarding knowing the pitch?

No one else, not even diehard Astros fans, agrees with him. It's literally why signs exist. No one who has ever played the game or watched with any kind of attention thinks that knowing the pitch type isn't an advantage.

There's a lot to bicker about here, but 03_Aggie is getting you guys derailed into just mega-stupid stuff.
Wabs
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

03_Aggie
"We have this narrative in baseball for the last 5/6 or 10 years that the only way to hit a breaking ball is to be looking for it". You aren't looking to hit a certain breaking pitch, you're looking for pitches you know you can hit or a mistake (the hang it and bang it reference)

He walked through some hitters approaches at the plate, hitters like Altuve and Jeter as examples.

He literally said "I'm just saying that from a baseball perspective there are some people that don't want signs."

03_Aggie
Proposition Joe said:

Could you guys quit with the back and forth with 03_Aggie regarding knowing the pitch?

No one else, not even diehard Astros fans, agrees with him. It's literally why signs exist.No one who has ever played the game or watched with any kind of attention thinks that knowing the pitch type isn't an advantage.

There's a lot to bicker about here, but 03_Aggie is getting you guys derailed into just mega-stupid stuff.

I'm just thankful that you, and a few others, are taking time away from your busy spring training schedules to educate me on the ins and outs of baseball.

Oh, and holy **** on that statement.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Flexbone said:

investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

We will. And John Smoltz is saying RIGHT NOW that the Astros were absolutely not alone. But please...keep telling yourself that the title is tainted. Let us know when your ****ty franchise erases its championships won by teams full of roiders.

By the way, are you on the same mission when it comes to requesting that titles be stripped from all teams that broke the "rules"? We might have about 2 legitimate winners in baseball history.

The only thing that pisses me off is that we didn't do it in 2019. Might have another title considering we lost all the home games. Strange how, yet again, we were better on the road and one of the best offenses of all time. I'm sure we'd have been lucky to break .500 if we hadn't "cheated."
"We." I thought guys who did that when referencing pro sports teams were schleps. It also makes it sound like you're tying your identity to a pro sports franchise, and a certain tax attorney has told me that's the most worthless thing one can do. I'm sure it's "different" when you do it, and I'm a f'ing moron though.
investorAg83
AG
We'll see...
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I believe this is appropriate for this thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.