Astros = CHEATERS

157,179 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

My baseball team has won the same number of untainted titles as the astros. But i've personally witnessed my overall sports town win 6 in the big 4

Oh. A Dallas fan? Shocking. Since you've already leaped off the ledge.....the Texans are more successful than your cowboys since the Texans have existed. Sorry bro.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yes, my baseball franchise has a set of 48 year old blue balls. I will not deny or defend that. But I'm not sure if that is better or worse than my franchise finally getting sweet release from its 58 year old set of blue balls only to have the hiv test come back positive later
SquirrellyDan
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yes, my baseball franchise has a set of 48 year old blue balls. I will not deny or defend that. But I'm not sure if that is better or worse than my franchise finally getting sweet release from its 58 year old set of blue balls only to have the hiv test come back positive later

Obsessed
98Ag99Grad
AG
Why are people ok with this? I don't care if every team I'm MLB was doing it it's wrong. I have lived in Houston all my life and watched the Astros and this makes me sick. I cant believe people defend it. The players are cowards for not standing up and saying this was wrong.
SquirrellyDan
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Why are people ok with this? I don't care if every team I'm MLB was doing it it's wrong. I have lived in Houston all my life and watched the Astros and this makes me sick. I cant believe people defend it. The players are cowards for not standing up and saying this was wrong.

Lol if this makes you sick you've lived a very charmed life.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kubler-Ross helps explain it. Some are still in denial. Others have reached bargaining
98Ag99Grad
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Lol if this makes you sick you've lived a very charmed life.

Lol I do Squirrellydan
03_Aggie
So to answer your question, that's exactly where I find the humor. People that throw asterisk talk. So stupid it's funny.

People that buy into this being some massive deal, funny to me.
bq85
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Really? Have you not listened? Do you not understand English? Over and over again on Thursday, Friday, and again today, they have said this was wrong.
Gal 2:20
98Ag99Grad
AG
bq85 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Really? Have you not listened? Do you not understand English? Over and over again on Thursday, Friday, and again today, they have said this was wrong.

I'm talking about at the time. Someone on the team should have said this is wrong, we're not doing it. F you Beltran.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Any guesses as to which mlb team has a player that takes a **** on the astros tomorrow? Today's winner was whoever had the Reds thanks to Trevor Bauer
03_Aggie
98Ag99Grad said:

Sorry, unfortunately it is reality.

JFF signing autographs for money? Reality. A&M football turning a blind eye to his ways? Reality. Professional sport franchises and players skirting rules when millions of dollars are at stake? Reality. Dallas sports sucking? Reality.
Betoisafurry
lda6339 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

DannyDuberstein said:

You arent in people's heads. You are easy marks. That is what you are

Winners always occupy the minds of losers.

Houston wins 1 WS and suddenly they are winners. We have eleven. Thats a one and then another one after it. 11

Don't get carried away

Your team went to federal prison for cheating
98Ag99Grad
AG
03_Aggie said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Sorry, unfortunately it is reality.

JFF signing autographs for money? Reality. A&M football turning a blind eye to his ways? Reality. Professional sport franchises and players skirting rules when millions of dollars are at stake? Reality. Dallas sports sucking? Reality.

Meh. People always forgive kicking the sht out of a woman or doing blow off a sloots ass and getting caught. Cheating is just different and I honestly cant believe so many are ok with it. Whatever. I know my opinion is in the minority.
03_Aggie
I don't blame you. I was disappointed at first. The more I thought about it, the more I figured this is much ado about nothing.

Distinguishing between a fast ball and a breaking ball isn't that beneficial. Maybe against a pitcher with only two pitches, but knowing what's coming and hitting what's coming are two completely different things.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Arlington finally have someone to cheer for
DannyDuberstein
AG
03_Aggie said:

Distinguishing between a fast ball and a breaking ball isn't that beneficial

You might want to keep this kind of baseball genius to yourself. All sorts of guys developing secondary pitches (and trying to ID them in advance) for no reason. No one needs to worry about tipping pitches or anything anymore. They just never knew it
03_Aggie
It's ok, little buddy. This seems to much for you to understand. Go ahead and go rewatch those mid 90s football games.
jakeaggie84
AG
The Steroid Slugger!

Who can name the other cheating rangers that have had steroids in their system??
98Ag99Grad
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

The Steroid Slugger!

Who can name the other cheating rangers that have had steroids in their system??

Nolan Ryan??
investorAg83
AG
03_Aggie said:

I don't blame you. I was disappointed at first. The more I thought about it, the more I figured this is much ado about nothing.

Distinguishing between a fast ball and a breaking ball isn't that beneficial. Maybe against a pitcher with only two pitches, but knowing what's coming and hitting what's coming are two completely different things.

You can't be serious.
03_Aggie
Please enlighten us with your wealth of baseball hitting wisdom. What are these huge, guaranteed benefits?

I mean I guess if you think hitting is nothing more than pressing X on your game controller, you'd be right.
investorAg83
AG
03_Aggie said:

Please enlighten us with your wealth of baseball hitting wisdom. What are these huge, guaranteed benefits?

I mean I guess if you think hitting is nothing more than pressing X on your game controller, you'd be right.

You're the one dropping great knowledge bombs that fly in the face of everything anyone has ever known about hitting. Go on with your lesson. I'm all ears.
03_Aggie
"Keep that baseball genius to yourself"

"You can't be serious"

Then when asked to share these benefits you have nothing? Even while making a statement that my opinion "flies in the face of everything anyone has ever known about hitting."
J. Walter Weatherman
Every other team was going 20 mph over the speed limit and we decided to go 30 over and got caught. The drama queens act like the Astros disgraced the game when sign stealing (and other various forms of rule-bending/breaking) has been a part of baseball forever.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Using some hyperbole like "every other team" and a metaphor about speed limits is a smoke and mirrors argument.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Using some hyperbole like "every other team" and a metaphor about speed limits is a smoke and mirrors argument.

I think the term you are looking for is ****ing stupid
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's because someone that would make such a ridiculously stupid comment is beyond helping.
J. Walter Weatherman
Excellent rebuttal. This is the first and only time anyone in baseball has cheated.
03_Aggie
DannyDuberstein said:

It's because someone that would make such a ridiculously stupid comment is beyond helping.

So you don't really know. It's ok to just admit it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
So, just to set the table, you don't understand anything about how the ability to unexpectedly change speeds and/or introduce unexpected movement to a pitch makes it more difficult to hit? Maybe you should stick with the wnba board. Even your fellow stros fans are cringing at the route you've taken on this page. ****ing millenials. I thought the memo argument someone made a few pages ago was bad, but I think we've hit bottom here
03_Aggie
DannyDuberstein said:

Check out this baseball genius's ridiculously stupid comment. Can't believe this guy's allowed in MLB parks.

Oh, then there's this. 24 straight curveballs to the Yankees 9,1,2,3,4 and 5 hitters. Results: 4 Ks and 2 weak fly balls. This was also a team that, per Manfred, "We were aware of rumors. Not just about the Astros but there was sign stealing going on. Remember in '17, we had investigated & disciplined the Yankees and Red Sox."

If you want to explore more, pause your VHS player and take a break from those Cowboy glory years, and go watch Bellinger's ABs in the WS. He knew he couldn't hit the inside breaking ball. He knew he was going to get a heavy dose of it and he still failed to hit it.

So yes, I stand by my comment that knowing what's coming and hitting what's coming are two completely different things.

investorAg83
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Every other team was going 20 mph over the speed limit and we decided to go 30 over and got caught. The drama queens act like the Astros disgraced the game when sign stealing (and other various forms of rule-bending/breaking) has been a part of baseball forever.

Good grief why can the apologists understand the difference. Sign stealing isn't cheating. It's part of baseball. You strategize around it.

Using technology that isn't available to the team you're playing against in an effort to give you a distinct advantage (I.e. knowing whether an off speed pitch is coming...yes, it's always been easier to hit an off speed pitch if you know it's coming, '03) is cheating. THAT'S the part of this that is cheating.
03_Aggie
How much easier?
Flexbone
DannyDuberstein said:

Only people stupid enough - or wanting to discount another's achievement because it makes them feel
Better about their own lack of success - to believe this wasn't pervasive across the sport would express such a ridiculous sentiment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.