*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

139,331 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tenet-open-overseas-late-august-followed-by-us-cities-labor-day-1304528
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Select U.S. Cities
I read that to mean, f-you people in the Houston, Texas area.
TCTTS
AG
Same for California, Florida, and probably still New York as well. The rest of you? I'm very jealous.
TCTTS
AG
I have to say, Washington's head/face has looked slightly off in a couple of these posters...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

I have to say, Washington's head/face has looked slightly off in a couple of these posters...

Guy is a lock if they ever do a biopic of former Rockets coach Don Chaney.

TCTTS
AG

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/more-than-80-percent-of-the-u-s-tenet-theaters-september-3-1234577156/
TCTTS
AG

https://theplaylist.net/tenet-release-china-20200730/
TCTTS
AG
Knock on wood, but the momentum seems real and it feels like Tenet will actually release according to plan this time. Eliminating NY and LA from the initial release strategy has seemingly finally freed it up to move forward...
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Knock on wood, but the momentum seems real and it feels like Tenet will actually release according to plan this time. Eliminating NY and LA from the initial release strategy has seemingly finally freed it up to move forward...
This will probably be the most pirated movie
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Eliminating new York and LA seems like a good policy in general.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
dc509
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2020/08/05/walmart-is-turning-parking-lots-into-movie-theaters-at-14-north-texas-locations/

I think I just figured out how I'm going to see this movie.
hunter2012
AG
While neat, hopefully he accounts for it with other effects. If anything I'd say he often under VFXs his movies especially with crowds and scaling. Dunkirk was supposed to have 400k men and supplies on the beach and at most there are a 500 in a given shot, same with the boats there were very few. The whole scale seems shrunk given the gravity of the event. Same with Dark Knight Rises, once you notice the football stadium is basically empty you'll notice it every time you re-watch it. Is it more threatening if Bane were to threaten a tarped quarter full baylor stadium or a sold out Kyle?

A cheap crowd effect would fix that and would be super easy to do given the budgets he can work with. I saw the prologue before starwars and 1st scene spoilers to follow: I don't remember an empty opera hall crowd, but it did seem emptier after the shootout began. Regardless that probably means I'll be watching for it when the movie premieres. Anyway I really appreciate his use of practical or real life effects(Inception's spinning hallway being the best example), but it wouldn't kill him to CGI the background when the setting calls for it. CGI for stuff like the folding city or exploding cafe in Inception is awesome!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wasn't China putting a two hour time limit on new theatrical releases?
TCTTS
AG
That's all so good. Especially the Batman audition part.
YNWA_AG
AG
Decay
AG
Okay now we need 3 versions of this movie. The theatrical cut, all of the forward takes, then all of the backwards takes.
oglaw
AG
When should we find out if we will be able to see this in Houston over Labor Day weekend?
dave94
AG
Those posters are badass!!!
Decay
AG
Everyone loves the guy who pulls out all the linked stuff and puts it in one easy place

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.