*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

139,299 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rick is the man. As a detail/presentation freak myself, game recognizes game.
TCTTS
AliasMan02
AG
I may have inquired yesterday about the cost of booking a theater to see this properly socially distanced.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rick Dalton said:

Why didn't AMC have their programmers code their app to automatically block out the seats next to purchased seats?
Seriously, Star Cinema Grill had this already built in when they opened back up in late May.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Big doesn't always mean nimble, especially when you're up to your eyeballs in debt with daft leadership.

On July 9, AMC was nearly $6b in debt.
Thanks and gig'em
PatAg
AG
Rick Dalton said:

That honestly seems like a great idea. I bought the first ticket to see Inception in IMAX at my local AMC and have been watching the seating chart in the app to see how many other people are going to show up. They've got every other row blocked out so that you can't select them but there's just a pop-up message that asks you to "please leave an empty seat between occupied seats and your seat selection." That managed to hold for about an hour before some idiot bought the blank seat between two pairs of occupied seats. As soon as I saw that i purchased the seats immediately to my left and right, and when I checked this afternoon the seats adjacent to those were occupied. This just adds to my skepticism that the theaters are going to be able to successfully reopen. I fully expect to see videos of confrontations starting next weekend which will bring a lot of scrutiny that the theaters have managed to avoid up to this point. Why didn't AMC have their programmers code their app to automatically block out the seats next to purchased seats? It looks like their little pop-up message is working as well as the pre-show video asking people not to talk and use their phone during the movie.
I would say, for anyone worried about being to close to other people...why are you buying tickets to go to the theater? You still have to walk into the theater, than you are sitting in an enclosed space for a couple hours. People will walk by you to get in and out of their seats...There is no avoiding it other than just not going.
AliasMan02
AG
On one hand I'm curious if it will be affordable. I mean, on a Tuesday morning in September, in their smallest theater, during Covid, might they book it for like 100-200 bucks? That's probably more than they would make on tickets for that show.

Then again I can see them wanting 2000 just on principle.

Backup idea is to hit a drive in.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rick Dalton said:

it's absurd that Star Cinema Grill, which has a grand total of ten locations, was able to do something that the largest theater chain in the world couldn't. I guess I shouldn't be surprised after their CEO fumbled the mask issue, but this just seems like a no-brainer, especially if the survival of your company depends on it.
Yeah, it blows my mind. I've seen more movies since May then I did in the 6 months before that. And SCG has done it while still serving food and drinks and figured out how to make that work. The big boys don't have waiters and kitchens, just a snack bar. Even before Corona, I was only going to a big chain for the mega-screen experience for a movie like Star Wars or Avengres.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Whole family went to see E.T. on a Saturday when it first opened up, probably 40 people in theater.

My brother and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises around 6 pm on a Saturday, probably 25-30 people.

He and I went to to see Empire Strikes Back on a Friday around 1 p.m. and there were only 2 other people there - but it was a non-holiday weekday .
NColoradoAG
Rick Dalton said:

That honestly seems like a great idea. I bought the first ticket to see Inception in IMAX at my local AMC and have been watching the seating chart in the app to see how many other people are going to show up. They've got every other row blocked out so that you can't select them but there's just a pop-up message that asks you to "please leave an empty seat between occupied seats and your seat selection." That managed to hold for about an hour before some idiot bought the blank seat between two pairs of occupied seats. As soon as I saw that i purchased the seats immediately to my left and right, and when I checked this afternoon the seats adjacent to those were occupied. This just adds to my skepticism that the theaters are going to be able to successfully reopen. I fully expect to see videos of confrontations starting next weekend which will bring a lot of scrutiny that the theaters have managed to avoid up to this point. Why didn't AMC have their programmers code their app to automatically block out the seats next to purchased seats? It looks like their little pop-up message is working as well as the pre-show video asking people not to talk and use their phone during the movie.

When I bought tickets yesterday to the IMAX show for Inception Friday at an AMC it automatically blocked out the seat to the right and left of our pair. Maybe they've fixed the programming.

Theres some ambiguous language in their new policy about auditoriums with "AMC Signature Recliners" and also it says "please leave an empty seat for yourself and other guests.
Sex Panther
AG
Rick Dalton said:

Yep, they fixed it yesterday afternoon. However, if they were really serious about the six foot rule in their IMAX theaters they would block out the two adjacent seats on each side since they're so much narrower than their standard recliners. This is what they're doing in China:

This is my dream
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://www.gq.com/story/travis-scott-september-2020-cover-profile
Decay
AG
Tenet's going to be the highest grossing movie in history because everyone's going to buy 10 tickets or a whole theater to see it.
TCTTS
AG
Bunk Moreland
when I ordered my tix for Unhinged Friday it immediately x'd out the 2 seats on both sides of me or my party.

Expecting the same when I buy Tenet tix on Friday.
Bunk Moreland
I know there's no turning back with society, but the use of fire in that way is just so damn annoying to me...and it's everywhere now.
YNWA_AG
AG

Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Bunk Moreland
cinemark
TCTTS
AG
I would absolutely pay $150 to see Tenet in a theater alone. No question whatsoever.
TCTTS
AG
Already recruited one other friend I trust. So I'm down to $75/per.

If any theaters in LA eventually end up offering roughly the same deal, I'm so doing this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.